• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
GGs man! Yeah Timmy scares me aswell sometime x.x haha. And thanks dude! I've been picking up a lot of characters recently, I sure wish I can show you more of them next time~
I will be on here alot more so we can play whenever you are on i need to get better at the falco matchup and marth GG's though :)

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
But I also have a problem with his b-reverse egg lays they are like a second grab and catch me in my shield all the time. That's the main reason why I can't apply pressure because i'm scared of them.
That's where baiting comes in, Yoshi's use Egglay really to just approach, just bair, even if Yoshi attacks, just trade with him, remember, Yoshi has a hard time killing Kirby, the only moves that really kill Kirby is Up smash, fsmash, Yoshi bomb, uair and nair, (though it takes 123% to kill Kirby with a Nair and 110% to kill with Uair).

And you need to be bold when you use Kirby.

Airjay can like never get in (especially my Ike) (it's because, I always attack and at the same time plan for my next attack).

@ H HYP3R Watch this video of a good Kirby that I've brawled in the past. He knows what he's doing against the best Yoshi in Germany. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bhYEPH7B7ys

Last edited:

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
Its true i hate his ike lol if you listen to him you will be beating me in no time hyper

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Ah, GGs AirJay & Cyro! :D

I was surprised I wasn't doing bad after like 2 weeks of not playing, lol

And after you left AirJay, I had like the derpiest matches with Cyro. xDDDD

HYP3R

Smash Lord
That's where baiting comes in, Yoshi's use Egglay really to just approach, just bair, even if Yoshi attacks, just trade with him, remember, Yoshi has a hard time killing Kirby, the only moves that really kill Kirby is Up smash, fsmash, Yoshi bomb, uair and nair, (though it takes 123% to kill Kirby with a Nair and 110% to kill with Uair).

And you need to be bold when you use Kirby.

Airjay can like never get in (especially my Ike) (it's because, I always attack and at the same time plan for my next attack).

@ H HYP3R Watch this video of a good Kirby that I've brawled in the past. He knows what he's doing against the best Yoshi in Germany. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bhYEPH7B7ys
Thanks, that's close to how airjay plays in that video, I will study this kirby.

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
Well, okay, thanks wasn't excepting that. And what's this you having trouble against a, Ness?

Is it edge guards? Approaching? What?
Ness just can put a lot of pressure on yoshi so i have to be in shield alot more than i would like and im helpless in shield aganist ness his dair is good and i can never hit him out of the air with eggs or any other of yoshi's moves because ness out ranges yoshi idk i need to review my match and find a way to not get stuck in shield

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Ness just can put a lot of pressure on yoshi so i have to be in shield alot more than i would like and im helpless in shield aganist ness his dair is good and i can never hit him out of the air with eggs or any other of yoshi's moves because ness out ranges yoshi idk i need to review my match and find a way to not get stuck in shield
Then don't (simple as that) challenge Ness's attacks, also, remember you have super armor to go through Ness's Nair, Dair and so on.

And like just always go for pivot grabs to Grab release to Upsmash.And then just throw Eggs, Jab, Yoshi bomb, so on.

It's hard to explain it, because I forgot how he plays Ness. I do remember he would try to string up attacks through his Up special and abuse PK fire.

But in general, just throw Eggs, watch for things, and even if you're in shield, just step dodge (simple as that).

Um, at times, throw out a full hop Dragonic Reverse Egglay, and after the Ness is in the Egg and hatches, WAIT for the reaction, the Ness could Dair (thinking you will jump but you're just sitting there), you could even bait by charging an Up smash and bait the Ness to attack out the egg which will result in a favorable trade for Yoshi.

I need to play a Ness and show you what I mean, once you understand how Ness's recovery and attacks work, he's a sitting duck (doesn't matter which Ness you fight).

He has to approach with something, but Yoshi doesn't, he can just throw Eggs or ETS Egg throws. Ness can only come in with Fair, Nair or a grab (which is pointless towards low percentage). All you have to do is bait his Fair of Nair with anything (but grab is the best), results to a Grab Release then buffer Up smash.

I hope I didn't go everywhere, I forgot how his Ness plays, he plays Ness a little different, but it doesn't really matter. So I just gave basics towards baiting and such.

If you don't get it, then I'll have to PM you with a better quick guide. Good luck best Yoshi.

@ H HYP3R Good luck man, you got this.

Last edited:

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
@ N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 maybe thats my problem i try to approach to much and unsafely at that but yeah timmy is a whole different level of ness then most players i can beat other ness mains but timmy is crazy lol i just need more experience thanks for the advice though i will try some of them next time we play

Cyro

Airborne
@ N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 maybe thats my problem i try to approach to much and unsafely at that but yeah timmy is a whole different level of ness then most players i can beat other ness mains but timmy is crazy lol i just need more experience thanks for the advice though i will try some of them next time we play
Don't sweat vs it dude. Timmy's top level. Me and him have close matches because I'm so used to his style. I think it's more that you have trouble with Timmy's playstyle than you have with a Ness.
Believe me, the first time I played him, I was just dead in the head.

Last edited:

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
@ Cyro Cyro yeah he plays way different then any ness i just need to figure out his play style if i can he is very tricky

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
To be honest though I found myself being extremely reliant on PK Fire and dodging more than usual (suppose that's what happens after 2 weeks of not playing and trying to have the controller feel comfy again xD), so I expected myself doing much worse, lol

When I played Cyro like the 2nd time onwards, for a few weeks, I was struggling so much against him. XP

But AirJay, I do kind of have a habit of abusing Dair, so maybe try baiting that more with pivot grabs. =P

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Meh, not really, he just waits and baits. Players like me that will go in and bait anything thrown will make Ness's suffer to an immaculate extent.

And you're problem is you just don't know when you approach or not, what you need is a flow (it makes you more comfortable to know when to approach or not).

And have you been working on your DR? Can you preform DRs like 8/10 (on WiFi). Offline I'm sure you're a master (easier Offline, duh, ha ha).

Last edited:

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
@ N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 DR is really hard online so i rarely try it unless the connection is really good but offline its so easy but yeah 80% of the time i wont mess it up online if i go for it lol still need to find a way to apply it to my gameplay and make my yoshi even more tricky

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
DAS, If You're Still Here, Want To Play More Games?
P.S: My Bad At Not Replying, IDK If You're AFK.
If we're done GGs Howmanynameshavebeentaken. That's quite a mouth full of a username yep lol.

I don't understand what went on last match with the extra guy. That was quite weird unless he wanted to play you himself.

I apologize for any lag that we had.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
@ N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣 DR is really hard online so i rarely try it unless the connection is really good but offline its so easy but yeah 80% of the time i wont mess it up online if i go for it lol still need to find a way to apply it to my gameplay and make my yoshi even more tricky
Yes, WiFi will mess DR up for sure. Well, here we go, I think you're ready now, I'll PM in detail what Yoshi can do with DR, be ready, it's a lot, so just focus on the most punishing DR set ups. Some stuff may be more special to other characters than others.

But yes, DR will 100% change Yoshi (I know this because I've done them to humans in the past, so IK what I'm ranting about).

@ AirJay AirJay One last thing man, if Ness down throws you, don't air dodge or anything, just jump, and endure with your Armor Ness's nair, fair, dair, bair, and uair then Yoshi Bomb and continue. Example: Pivot grab, bair, nair, eggroll, and so on.

I'll make it tonight (hopefully) if I can't, then I apologize and I'll work on it tomorrow.

@ Jinx129 Jinx129 FFA?

Last edited:

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
Yes, WiFi will mess DR up for sure. Well, here we go, I think you're ready now, I'll PM in detail what Yoshi can do with DR, be ready, it's a lot, so just focus on the most punishing DR set ups. Some stuff may be more special to other characters than others.

But yes, DR will 100% change Yoshi (I know this because I've done them to humans in the past, so IK what I'm ranting about).

@ AirJay AirJay One last thing man, if Ness down throws you, don't air dodge or anything, just jump, and endure with your Armor Ness's nair, fair, dair, bair, and uair then Yoshi Bomb and continue. Example: Pivot grab, bair, nair, eggroll, and so on.

I'll make it tonight (hopefully) if I can't, then I apologize and I'll work on it tomorrow.

@ Jinx129 Jinx129 FFA?
Depends....now or in 3 hours? lol

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
To be honest though I found myself being extremely reliant on PK Fire and dodging more than usual (suppose that's what happens after 2 weeks of not playing and trying to have the controller feel comfy again xD), so I expected myself doing much worse, lol

When I played Cyro like the 2nd time onwards, for a few weeks, I was struggling so much against him. XP

But AirJay, I do kind of have a habit of abusing Dair, so maybe try baiting that more with pivot grabs. =P

I haven't forgotten about the ness match you wanted back then, I'm hoping in smash 4 we can ness ditto. That is, if the offer still stands.

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
15 peanut butter cups later...der de der... Which way did they go George? Which way did they go?

Last edited:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Jinx I got kicked out and now it says you're brawling someone and if I join I get an error code :S

Jinx129

Smash Ace
NNID
Jinx129
3DS FC
3368-3418-9942
I see that. Me and you then and whoever wants to join. :D
Yeah add jinx and you can play it's a ffa btw
I prefer FFA
Jinx I got kicked out and now it says you're brawling someone and if I join I get an error code :S
I got dc'd while I was registering zCyRo. Shows you offline. You guys may want to go ahead and add each other also. I'm only good for a few more matches. It's getting late. btw I don't like eggs!

Top Bottom