• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Yeah, it was rather disappointing. Not sure where it came from in the later games, but it got heavy. Gonna call it a set a with that last disconnection.

Good games. That one combo I got with Lucario was a treasure I've been looking to get for a while, since I usually decide to end them earlier. 0 to 60-something in like, five seconds. Wow. Thanks for playing again, got to practice quite a few more characters in more various match-ups.
Yeah the lag was messing up my inputs so i couldnt do any combos at all.

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
@ H HYP3R Those were some amazing games your kirby is way better than i remember it i was scared to do some many things because of that kirbycide and your falco is good to i hate that match up you didnt roll as much with kirby this time so i couldnt get a roll read on you which is a good thing you have improved so much hope to play you again some time GG's!! :D

HYP3R

Smash Lord
@ H HYP3R Those were some amazing games your kirby is way better than i remember it i was scared to do some many things because of that kirbycide and your falco is good to i hate that match up you didnt roll as much with kirby this time so i couldnt get a roll read on you which is a good thing you have improved so much hope to play you again some time GG's!! :D
GGs. Thank you, but I don't think I have improved. Your yoshi still beats me every time and I can't do anything about eggs + swallows.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Ah, been about 2 weeks since I last played Brawl, and like forever since I last Brawled anyone in here... Would someone like to Brawl me? :D

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
GGs. Thank you, but I don't think I have improved. Your yoshi still beats me every time and I can't do anything about eggs + swallows.
It will all come to you with more experience even though i dont know many yoshi mains who still play almost everyone plays kirby so i had to learn that matchup eggs are tricky to stop if i throw them in the right place and so is my egglay because i can always change up how i use it you will get better at this matchup then you will be the one beating me every match :D

@ yoshi8984 yoshi8984 i will play you :D 2879-6777-1817

Last edited:

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Alright AirJay, just give me a few more mins to log in again... Then I'll host when I see you on. :D

My FC (in case you need it again): 1504-5511-7250

Edit: Alright, hosting up now!

Edit 2: Actually, I'm gonna eat dinner now, so I'll be back in a bit.

Last edited:

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Funny you mention that, cause I JUST finished eating. xD

Gonna join up in a moment!

Edit: Ugh, I got d/c'd and my wi-fi seems to be taking long to connect today. I'll keep trying though... >.>

Alright, reconnected... But I seem to be getting error codes (not sure what they mean, lemme check)

Last edited:

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
@Cyro & AirJay: I seem to be getting an error where it says I'm not connected to wifi or that the person removed me from their friend roster. o.o

Cyro, would you mind hosting instead?

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Ah, sorry any inconvenience, but I seem to be getting errors joining AirJay.

Oh, THERE we go, the player icons for you 2 pop up now (after joining Cyro). So it seems like AirJay and I have an issue. o.o

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I thought I taught you the match-up before man.

With Kirby, you just need to apply pressure, don't bother doing cute stuff on Yoshi, he can just use his Armor jumps or his disjointed hit boxes. Just bait out Yoshi's approach and if Yoshi starts to camp with ETS Eggs, just attack back with Kirby's Final Cutter (Up special).

Or, you could just roll backwards just once and wait for Yoshi's reaction. Either way, just full hop Back air and then Rinse repeat with different mix-ups.

Grab only if you're sure Yoshi wont punish hard. A miss timed grab and Yoshi could bair to up tilt to so on.

Last edited:

HYP3R

Smash Lord
I thought I taught you the match-up before man.

With Kirby, you just need to apply pressure, don't bother doing cute stuff on Yoshi, he can just use his Armor jumps or his disjointed hit boxes. Just bait out Yoshi's approach and if Yoshi starts to camp with ETS Eggs, just attack back with Kirby's Final Cutter (Up special).

Or, you could just roll backwards just once and wait for Yoshi's reaction. Either way, just full hop Back air and then Rinse repeat with different mix-ups.

Grab only if you're sure Yoshi wont punish hard. A miss timed grab and Yoshi could bair to up tilt to so on.
But I also have a problem with his b-reverse egg lays they are like a second grab and catch me in my shield all the time. That's the main reason why I can't apply pressure because i'm scared of them.

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
@ yoshi8984 yoshi8984 @ Cyro Cyro
GG's to both of you im done for the day had alot of fun playing you two
Timmy i still cant touch that ness of yours you make me hate that matchup more and more each time i play you lol and cyro your pretty much good with anyone you use you shut me down hard most matches hope to play you two again some time :)

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Go ahead and host, DAS.

Edit: Well, I can't join. I Howie's connection and my connection aren't getting along nicely.

Last edited:

Cyro

Airborne
@ yoshi8984 yoshi8984 @ Cyro Cyro
GG's to both of you im done for the day had alot of fun playing you two
Timmy i still cant touch that ness of yours you make me hate that matchup more and more each time i play you lol and cyro your pretty much good with anyone you use you shut me down hard most matches hope to play you two again some time :)
GGs man! Yeah Timmy scares me aswell sometime x.x haha. And thanks dude! I've been picking up a lot of characters recently, I sure wish I can show you more of them AND my main next time c;
Also, I dig the Yoshi man! Keep it up!

Last edited:
Top Bottom