• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

IKEkameHAMEha

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5300-8881-3567
I'm feeling under the whether today but Brawl anyone?

Nvm,I found someone.
sigh has ness been revealed yet its earth day and all of the original 12 should stay in the game its past mothers day and its earth day im getting worried will he be revealed on a random day or what?
and since when was Matsuokai in the UK?
is that new?

Last edited:

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
lol everyone is saying dude!! roy,mat why lol (hope you guys don't mind be shortening your names lol)
and wwaahh if there is no lucas there must be ness! :( all 12 should be here!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
anyone wanna fight then? :013:
Yeah,I'll play with ya,or anyone else who wants to brawl

I think ness will return.nothing to worry about really.

Last edited:

PZ

Smash Lord
@ paxinchristo paxinchristo Oh, sorry I missed your edit man! Due to the quality of our games, some mistakes you made were probably brought by lag but I will give ya a few tips anyway.
Lucario: You did alright with this character although you were predictable at low percents(side b was likely the main move you would use or utilt both of which are great moves later on considering lucario's juggle capabilities and possible scares). Force Palm/side b should be used when you notice your opponent is staying in their shield too much. I noticed you don't use lucario's bread and butter that much such as his amazing rolls, fair spacing, or incredibly broken fsmash and dair. Aura built fsmash really hurts and is entirely spammable on most of the cast. You are kind of predictable with your aura spheres but I can't tell you to use them in a unique until you figure out what ways the move could be used for(watch Trela/Junebug/insert other cool lucarios that I am sorry I forgot the names of). When I say space fair, I mean space it like a marth would but make sure you land without the lag of fair(auto-cancel).
You did good with luigi and I can't really give tips for a character I never used or understood how is played.
So in general what I got to say is don't be so predictable at low percents, be mindful of your camping if your gonna spam those projectiles(don't leave yourself wide open), and look up some basic advance techniques to mixup up your game like turnaround b/b reversal/wavebounce, pivot grab/boost pivot grab, and jab cancelling.

@ IKEkameHAMEha IKEkameHAMEha Some people are saying ness and falcon are going to be in because the items/assists are in the game and including the accessories of the character and not including the character would be unacceptable I think...

paxinchristo

Smash Ace
@ paxinchristo paxinchristo Oh, sorry I missed your edit man! Due to the quality of our games, some mistakes you made were probably brought by lag but I will give ya a few tips anyway...
So in general what I got to say is don't be so predictable at low percents, be mindful of your camping if your gonna spam those projectiles(don't leave yourself wide open), and look up some basic advance techniques to mixup up your game like turnaround b/b reversal/wavebounce, pivot grab/boost pivot grab, and jab cancelling.
Thanks for the advice dude!

Anyone up for a few games?

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Good g
ok wait she?! oh shame I never knew
ok hosting
Good games ike my friend.you legitimately beat me my link with toon link on both occasions,I can't believe our match took so long that we played the entire eight minutes 0-0 ,oh sorry for walking out at the end XD

Yeah congrats,on your victories,I was trying to remember how to play link.the word that came to my mind was mindless spamming. >_>

Well,that sucks

Last edited:

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
Good games @ Saimunn93 Saimunn93 ! Too bad it was kinda laggy.

Thanks for playing! Any tips you can give me?
Good games man! Yeah there was some delay indeed, but it's your generic WiFi tendency which incurs this latency..

Anyways, I liked the occasional jab-cancel into grabs. My complementary advice would be that you use it to cancel into Force Palm because whenever you're above 10% damage, it's always the best option to follow-up with (depending on the gravity of your adversary's character and the damage he has already taken). Oh yeah and you should probably compromise a tad on the u-smashes; the lag of :lucario:'s u-smash is just atrocious.. Instead, focus on sporadically using f-mash to catch your opponent off-guard and confiscate a stock, or if your f-smash is already stale, use it as a wall-move (it's a very potent move to wall with, considering the area it comprises and the lingering aura which compensates for the lag).

Other than that, you seem to get the hang out of the canceling effect of n-air, and the versatility of f-air / b-air walling. Try to mix the aerials here and there to optimise your element of surprise. Keep it fresh, keep it vibrant!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Anyone else for a brawl?!

Last edited:

IKEkameHAMEha

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5300-8881-3567
Good g

Good games ike my friend.you legitimately beat me my link with toon link on both occasions,I can't believe our match took so long that we played the entire eight minutes 0-0 ,oh sorry for walking out at the end XD

Yeah congrats,on your victories
thanks it was really fun but I now lose the tv to my sisters :(

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Not really.I have that feeling that I'll get my a$$ handed over to me. XD

Haha. Lets go! You host?
We'll have to see what happens lol. It might be the other way around or real even.

Anything can happen.

I'll be there shortly.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
We'll have to see what happens lol. It might be the other way around or real even.

Anything can happen.

I'll be there shortly.

That lag was bad... Plus Lucario isn't my cup of tea either. Nice edge guarding.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
That lag was bad... Plus Lucario isn't my cup of tea either. Nice edge guarding.
Yeah it was pretty bad got to really slow pace in it. Well GGs still though and thanks for the compliment.

Anybody want to play?

Edit: Maybe later then.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll play with you, Rage. If we can connect, that is. :applejack:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰