• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games again Chreest. I really have to find a better way to deal with Falco's jab out of shield, as well as DACIT tossing Diddy's bananas in a direction other than up so I can utilize it to a greater extent, and I have to space my n-airs better so that they don't get shield grabbed. The last one is a habit I'm trying to rid myself of entirely.

Use Falco's f-tilt and u-tilt more, as jab can set up either in most situations. Get used to canceling after jab 1 jab 2 so that you can do an attack afterward, just as you do grabs sometimes. It's extremely useful to jab cancel back into jab 1 and then do something, so use that more often as well. And don't be as predictable with your offstage phantasms, especially if you're going to ledgehop it while I'm so close to the ledge. I can edgeuard without much effort by just hitting you once you jump. Even at low percents, this can be deadly, because it leaves you without a second jump. If I jab 1 then ledgegrab, your only option is Fire Bird up unless you see the jab coming and SDI it then go for a recovery move (in which case I can just d-tilt you as both of your recovery options stall you in the air for a bit, long enough for me to cancel the jab and spike you).

With Diddy, keep better control of your bananas. I liked the whole mind-gaming thing you had going on by running around with a banana, leaving me clueless of when you might throw it or z-drop it, but it's better to use something like that when you're fishing for kills. Otherwise, it just leaves you really open to my attacks when I'm at low damage because it'll take a lot more for you to apply any real pressure on me. I'm not afraid of dying at low percents, although that's partially a personal aspect. Use your jabs with Diddy to set up kills too. While they aren't guaranteed like the banana tripping setups, they definitely have their use in helping you set up strings and whatnot almost as much as bananas. Your tilts are also pretty valuable for combos too, especially u-tilt and d-tilt. Use d-tilt after jab 2 to set up a grab or f-smash to do a good bit of damage on an opponent at very low percents. Z-catch your bananas more when you're in the air near them, so you can keep up the banana pressure after you throw it. If it bounces off a shield and you jump to z-catch then insta-toss it, that's twice the pressure and gives your opponent next to no opportunity to gain control of the banana you tossed. :applejack:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Alrighty then
GG's. Fun matches. Your Kirby is my Kirby's hero. Also your Lucario. And Zero Suit Samus. You pretty much played characters that I only pretend that I know how to play lol except Lucas. Very good matches. I didn't even feel bad I was getting bopped. I laughed every time you got a good combo on me. The lag killed some of my recoveries and the batteries died on my Wiimote at the end of the Lucas vs Kirby match lol. I was starting to get it going on that Marth vs Falco match on Pokemon Stadium. I think it was good because I had more options to camp at which is really important for Falco in that scenario. Very good Marth I always get caught by that powershield up B. GG's

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
GG's. Fun matches. Your Kirby is my Kirby's hero. Also your Lucario. And Zero Suit Samus. You pretty much played characters that I only pretend that I know how to play lol except Lucas. Very good matches. I didn't even feel bad I was getting bopped. I laughed every time you got a good combo on me. The lag killed some of my recoveries and the batteries died on my Wiimote at the end of the Lucas vs Kirby match lol. I was starting to get it going on that Marth vs Falco match on Pokemon Stadium. I think it was good because I had more options to camp at which is really important for Falco in that scenario. Very good Marth I always get caught by that powershield up B. GG's
GGs too Cap'n I'm sorry the about lag, but its weird that it says our connection is a green bubble. My characters are heroes eh lol, you got me flatter over here. Thanks for the compliments man.

I enjoyed playing you man and glad you enjoyed the matches as well. I'm certain you could of done more if not for the wifi.

You did have me going that Falco vs Marth match. I was thinking if this keeps up I'll lose lol. Marth's up b is one of his best pals hehe.

I'm happy I got to finally play you. I try to play everyone here.

Last edited:

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Good games Roy. I gotta work on that b-throw pivot grab chaingrab. I liked how I was playing Ike initially, then it kinda dropped off into how I usually play him, which I'm not satisfied with.

Your PT is coming along nicely, but use less bullet seed with Ivy as it's extremely punishable if it misses, which it did more often as I started to catch on. And you don't always have to ledgehop rock smash with Charizard. Sometimes it's good to stall for a bit, then ledge hop a f-air and retreat back to the ledge to give yourself some breathing room if the enemy is guarding your ledge recovery. Ledgehopping so often in general isn't necessary when Zard is under 100%, because his other options from the ledge are pretty speedy and are good for mixing things up to keep the opponent guessing. Use more tilts and jabs as squirtle, and short hop your aerials more often rather than full hopping them. And retreat them too, as it's the safe choice in case the aerial hits a shield. Use some grabs, too. You only really grabbed with Squirtle if you were trying to get a d-throw kill, it seemed. With regards to grabs, don't fish for shieldgrabs so much with Ivy, as that is really dangerous for her. Bait to land your grabs or set them up after hitting the opponent with a razor leaf, b-air, or n-air. And make use of your pivot grabs against enemies that are trying to make it back to the ground. :applejack:
Sorry to hear your dissatisfaction of how you played Ike later on during the night. Again,Thanks for the advice I Greatly appreciate it . ^^

Last edited:

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
That was from yesterday :laugh:
I'm just creepin' around the boards right now. i'm at my grandma's house. No smash bros. for me here.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Oh! We were gonna play PM? I don't have that,sorry

Sure,we can still brawl if u want.
GG's. Those were fun matches especially towards the end. About the time I started playing as DeDeDe lol. I guess you like Snake but you aren't very confident with him. You should still play as him when I play my good characters. You won't learn if you don't play as him. I'm not very confident with all of my characters except Falco lol. You figured out my Zero Suit Samus after a couple matches. When you're Marth you can pretty much up-b after every down grab with Falco and after my jabs. If I follow up then you hit me. Thats why I didn't follow up sometime because I was expecting it. I wasn't going random by the way. It may have seemed like it though. I like a lot of the characters in Brawl I only normally play as about 6 of them though. (:diddy::falco::pit::zerosuitsamus::toonlink::warioc:) I like these ones too but I don't care to get better with them (:pt::zelda::yoshi2::fox::kirby2::sonic::lucario::mario2::olimar::ness2:)

Last edited:

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Lol. Well thats why it froze.

I'm up for rotations converse96.
GG's. Those were fun matches especially towards the end. About the time I started playing as DeDeDe lol. I guess you like Snake but you aren't very confident with him. You should still play as him when I play my good characters. You won't learn if you don't play as him. I'm not very confident with all of my characters except Falco lol. You figured out my Zero Suit Samus after a couple matches. When you're Marth you can pretty much up-b after every down grab with Falco and after my jabs. If I follow up then you hit me. Thats why I didn't follow up sometime because I was expecting it. I wasn't going random by the way. It may have seemed like it though. I like a lot of the characters in Brawl I only normally play as about 6 of them though. (:diddy::falco::pit::zerosuitsamus::toonlink::warioc:) I like these ones too but I don't care to get better with them (:pt::zelda::yoshi2::fox::kirby2::sonic::lucario::mario2::olimar::ness2:)
Late reply.good games captain.That was the longest session we had thus far. I was quite surprised at how many characters you could use legitimately,I feel a bit jealous.

No no,I like snake but stop using him because I found him overpowered compared to the lot of the cast,he makes things way too easy,I only used him due to the huge losing streak you were gaved me xd

Your falco is improving,zzs too,I can tell,props for you staying as falco against marth as long as possible,I know it's a hard match up.thanks for the tip.I prefer not to up b as much as possible unless it's absolutely necessary( like I'm near death),I'm fine taking the jab damage honestly.

Anyways,it was great seeing your toon link in action again,bring out your wario and pit next time.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Anyone else want to play? Not sure if Sonsa is still around. :applejack:

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Woah how'd I miss ya's? Aw well, I'll get the next one, have fun ya two. Anyone wanna Brawl?
Edit: Still here, browsing other threads

Last edited:
Top Bottom