• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
GG MXXD. You got a really spiffy Yoshi. You maneuver well with him. Not really going comment about Fox though, he already broken enough lol.

NeonS4

Smash Cadet
NNID
NeonS5
3DS FC
3351-4072-5555
Neos! Thanks for all the MK practice! It was so fun playing your marth, and your own mk was quite good,too! Let's play again someday,when I get better... ;)
Your Ike is pretty good! But I hate fighting MK or even being him ;/
I'll keep practicing too!

Kubo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Calkubo
3DS FC
2294-6040-1182
Anyone wanna brawl?

Edit: I'll play Ares. Need to set up my wii

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
GGs DeadJames, really nice Bowser I have to admit. Nice strategy while on the edge, preventing people from even getting near it.
Also really nice Yoshi. I forgot who it was, but someone here also played Yoshi really well, you probably already played against him.

One question though, why did you always self-destruct at Rumble Falls? It's one of my best stages when I use Squirtle because there is a lot of room for me to use my side-Special and I find it very unfair unless it causes some sort of game issue (That's why I just started to get off my mains).

Battlefield/Wario Ware + Squirtle = No room. It's too easy for me to self-destruct there. Yet I still played on those stages.
As for Sonic.... He's a metal bucket that was left out in the rain, I need to practice with him some more so I don't make stupid mistakes with him.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
GGs DeadJames, really nice Bowser I have to admit. Nice strategy while on the edge, preventing people from even getting near it.
Also really nice Yoshi. I forgot who it was, but someone here also played Yoshi really well, you probably already played against him.

One question though, why did you always self-destruct at Rumble Falls? It's one of my best stages when I use Squirtle because there is a lot of room for me to use my side-Special and I find it very unfair unless it causes some sort of game issue (That's why I just started to get off my mains).

Battlefield/Wario Ware + Squirtle = No room. It's too easy for me to self-destruct there. Yet I still played on those stages.
As for Sonic.... He's a metal bucket that was left out in the rain, I need to practice with him some more so I don't make stupid mistakes with him.
Rumble Falls and Distant Planet are both banned in singles in tournament so I usually don't bother playing on them, I decided to bear with Distant Planet for a while just because I was tired of resetting, but both of those stages are considered too big for 1v1. Smashville and FD are both good alternatives for Squirtle that offer plenty of space to move around, also if you'd like some Sonic advice I could offer a bit, I used to main him back in 2.5, also you should check out some videos of Nazo, he's pretty much the best Sonic player in P:M. Thanks for the compliment on my Yoshi, I need some confidence because I'm gonna be repping him in tournament for the first time tomorrow.

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
Rumble Falls and Distant Planet are both banned in singles in tournament so I usually don't bother playing on them, I decided to bear with Distant Planet for a while just because I was tired of resetting, but both of those stages are considered too big for 1v1. Smashville and FD are both good alternatives for Squirtle that offer plenty of space to move around, also if you'd like some Sonic advice I could offer a bit, I used to main him back in 2.5, also you should check out some videos of Nazo, he's pretty much the best Sonic player in P:M. Thanks for the compliment on my Yoshi, I need some confidence because I'm gonna be repping him in tournament for the first time tomorrow.
Well, isn't it good to test your character on every stage instead of wussing out because of Tournament rules? Sounds pretty lame and unfair in my opinion.

Bros A and I had to go against SR and Cons, and our random stage picked SMI. And since SR was Jigglypuff, the stage was like a huge nerf to him, but he still didn't back out. That's respect bro.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Well, isn't it good to test your character on every stage instead of wussing out because or Tournament rules? Sounds pretty lame and unfair in my opinion.
I've used Bowser on those stages many times and he does well on them in doubles. They aren't used in singles because they are deemed unbalanced for 1v1 situations, so I don't see how you gleaned "unfair" from that, and FD is Squirlte's best stage anyway so your argument is pointless.

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
I've used Bowser on those stages many times and he does well on them in doubles. They aren't used in singles because they are deemed unbalanced for 1v1 situations, so I don't see how you gleaned "unfair" from that, and FD is Squirlte's best stage anyway so your argument is pointless.
So you say Squirtle's best stage is FD, yet you don't use Squirtle (I usually lose with Squirtle at FD too). Funny. I say it's unfair, from MY point of view AND with MY play style as Squirtle because it's the stage I perform best on. And you, once again, hide behind Tournament rules, to save you hide from playing on those stages, please.

Honestly, I shoulda Dunnick'd you.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
So you say Squirtle's best stage is FD, yet you don't use Squirtle. Funny. I say it's unfair, from MY point of view, because it's the stage I perform best on. And you, once again, hide behind Tournament rules, to save you hide from playing on those stages, please.
I do use Squirtle now and again and I also regularly play with a Squirtle main, so I know the character pretty well, and sorry but your point of view is wrong even the developers agree those stages are crap for singles, but if you can't let that go I'll get back on and play you on those stages.

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
I do use Squirtle now and again and I also regularly play with a Squirtle main, so I know the character pretty well, and sorry but your point of view is wrong even the developers agree those stages are crap for singles, but if you can't let that go I'll get back on and play you on those stages.
Sure, whatever sass master.

Glad your rage cleared. : ) letsgo
My P:M code is 5158 6088 5091

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Anyone wanna brawl? I can do team match as well^^
Only need 2 other peeps for team match!

X______X Nvm.

BrosUnited

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BrosUnited
GGs, thanks for the matches, I'll probably be back later.
GGs Path, you're Link... is way to good. You boiled my Squirtle during that one rotation match, to bad the lag screwed you up in the next one I played against you, made me sad. But the throws, the Smashes, and Rangs. To much for me bro, I'm adding you on the "Going to train my Butt off to Beat" list.

And GGs again DJ.

Arguments in the Arena? >.<

May or may not be up to play later...
I went SSJ1 (Bros M), probably wasn't the smart thing to do, but things irritate me.

Top Bottom