• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Norcal/Bay Area/ DBR Challenge Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonHarlot

Smash Rookie
lol aw trebs couldnt take money off my hands:-p lol just kidding. hes kicked my *** in like 10 seconds flat.. lol.. i'm such a novice:-p

Zoap

Smash Master
DBR

hey dbr is it at all possible that u guys may be able to make it out here one of the weekends b4 mlg? I think i heard kawn say a few days ago that he wanted u guys over one more time b4 mlg for practice.

Dark_Fire

Smash Ace
Originally posted by ender
Dark_fire, you arnt Norcal. Get outta here! :0

Anyway, yes, we will play you at MLG. Then you can show off your shine also.
Yes, the SoCal blood runs through my veins...though, I plan on heading up to NorCal to beat you, Simna, Geo and teh rest of ur gang :mad:!

Bob Money

Smash Ace
hmm Geo we will try to have more smashfest because we need to help raise some omoney for OC2 so i guess we will be charging a slight fee to help.
BUT ITS OC 2 BABY!!
We will prob have some socal flavor over at germs before MLG and that will be tight.:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Zarelid

Smash Lord
ok people want to fight socal, well I'm a great socal player and may attend to MLG so like yeah if I got money who wants to money match?I'm up for free play too(none of DBR I'm to afraid XD, plus I could play you guys all day wehn I'm up there.)

Geo

Smash Ace
Sounds good, I don't mind paying to play as long as its not too much.

Simna, Ender: where the **** are you?

Zar you and me already got a money match set up remember? $5 2/3 my Falco vs your ??? (I think it was Link, I can't remember)

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Wow...socal blood in ppls veins eh? My veins have human blood, but that's me.^_^

Bob$...did you say another smashfest at Germ's place before MLG??

When?

I can't say I'll be there because I'm completely reliant on getting a ride form someone else. I assume that ender can go, but another semester of classes has started over here, so I can't be sure.

I'll talk to ender.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Originally posted by Nephilim
Is anyone holding a little get together aka smashfest sometime before MLG SF?
Nephilim i'm having a small smashfest(6or7) at my house in Daly City tomarrow. i live right next to the BART station so if you wanna take that i can go get you. i think we're gonna have two or possibly three tv's set up, so yeah you're definately invited if you wanna come. also if you do think you can come then aim me at ZivilynBane64. we'll discuss details there.

also, i just got my new banner up. most of it was done in Microsoft Paint, cause i don't have photoshop. well, everything except for the melee logo in the background. i'd love to get some feedback. in case if you're wondering about the wings, cruxis is a group of angels in Tales of Symphonia, so that's why.

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
DBR you must hold another smashfest before MLG no matter what. The fee should be around 5 dollars to raise money for OC2. I think thats a fair price. I'll be waiting....

Mike Nasty

Smash Cadet
mr.silver whether i get in trouble or not it is none of your concern but thanks for caring'

And everyone who thinks that we r going to have another d4mn smashfest is up to germ because it will be held at his house
maybe one of you guys can have one or something

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
I might be able to have one, but how many people would be able to drive to sacramento? If you guys are interested, ill find out some dates.

Mike Nasty

Smash Cadet
ender, you should most difenitely have one if you can I don't know if we could make it out there but have it anyways for more practice

and another thing I will not stop sensor dodging as long as I play smash and that is a promise

Zoap

Smash Master
most likely

lol nasty, about 4 or 5 of the 6 of could make it out to sac depending on the date and the time. Definitely have it so we can get tons more practice b4 mlg!

smashmaster0

Smash Apprentice
Announcement Everyone!

Starting today, the World Record for Zelda, Zelda only no sheik, the World Record is 00:09:83 held by Kawn, i hope this is a World Record, lol later

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
Cruxis is coming!

Well.. I just got back from the mini smashfest in Daly City. Thanks for having us over Mike, I had lots of fun with the team battles and meeting everyone. Thanks Sheridan AGAIN for the ride, and turning around for me when I left my wavebird reciever over at Mike's.

Danny - your Falcon and Sheik are soo fast... dam your knee combos... ill be prepared for those foward b's next time. I had to resort to Sheik to beat your Falcon so that means a lot. We need to ditto match our Sheiks next time. We also made a great team, maybe we could be teams at MLG since I'm apart of Cruxis now.

Mike - the only two good Samus' that I've played are you and Mike Nasty. Its crazy that both of you use the same character, have the same name, and use the same color. I think your Peach is better though. I gotta stop cc'ing into those down smashes!

Ron - your Fox is better than mine, once you get all those technical stuff down you'll be soo much better. *still wondering why I lost even with most of the techs down*

Alvin - didn't play you 1 on 1 much, infact I only played you once 1 vs 1. You should have came earlier. I like your Marth, its definately better than mine. We'll put in more singles matches next time

Cruxis is coming!

GOKUZEN

Smash Rookie
It was Fun sorry I was late lol

The mini smashfest was pretty sweet. I got to finally play a pretty **** good Jiggz!

Danny: Your falcon/sheik was tearing everyone up! except me lol, your probably the fastest player among us. Your skill is way up there but you gotta work on playing your mindgames, that's mainly the only factual reason why i can beat you(besides luck). hmmm, maybe i should start thinking about owning a gamecube and SSBM....;)

Mike: lol hopefully you'll get your T.V. soon, but its cool now you know how its like with me! I don't have a t.v. in my room either (T.V. is actually upstairs). its funny how good we are considering we don't practice. hahaha. Awesome banner by the way. i 'm feeling the wings. Think you could make it red?:D

Sheridan:wow I've never played a good Jiggz before. Sorry i kept killing myself, my hands were pretty cold when we played. your jiggz has great timing, i wish you'd have used her more often against my characters, so that the score would be closer.:eek:

Will: haha i didn't know you were Volroth. yeah you played pretty good, we gotta play again when i'm more warmed up. that match with Alvin vs. your ganon was hilarious to watch. I can't believe you connected that down+B from across the stage. :chuckle:

Alvin: dude, you were late...all good though! Practice a little bit more and you'll see how good you should be. BTW if you don't practice, lemme borrow your cube, i wanna practice my short hops. :rolleyes:

Let's smash again sometime, i didn't get in on the team games, me and Mike are killer in teams(samus&Fox), don't know why we didn't???:confused:

The GERM

Smash Ace
PUT THE D@MN TEAM BANNER BACK TREBOR, WHO DO YOU THINK YOUR ARE NUKKA!!!!!!

And yes, we are gonna cluck up every crew at MLG without breaking a sweat, here's the DBR hitlist:

1.Cruxis
2.SF Asians
3.Skypal
4.Teamscape
5.Blue Phoenixes
6.Elite 5 (if they come)
7.Whatever other crew(s) want to get *****....

just like that, bam bam bam bam bam bam bam.

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
Cruxis is here!

As a proud member of Cruxis I accept your challenge. I can say that I'm a lot better than I was when I was at your smashfest earlier this month, but we'll see. My fox is good too, ill be willing to ditto you but I'll be representin' Falco, so that means Sam is my rival. You may have 3 stocked me but it won't happen again!

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Oh how I love to see Cruxis at the top of that list. Don't worry GERM, we'll play soon enough. Don't forget though, as of right now I still only have four guys. Either way, Dbr is goin' down :p

On another note, i should have Volroth on the banner by tonight, alright? So yeah i'll work on that one today at school. Also SPACE COWBOY is aka GOKUZEN, so i'll have to switch that one on the banner as well.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
WARNINGish

This post is to warn everyone that there may be a smashfest taking place in Sacramento before MLG SF. The details have not been worked out yet, so I will post again when they are. This is just a warning.

GERM: My acceptance of your challenge goes without saying.^_^

GOKUZEN

Smash Rookie
The faster the slower

Zelgadis most def. We gotta ditto. I'm still learning a lot from different styles. Cuz my style's WHACK! but it works when it comes to winning hahaha. we'll play at MLG, I hope your as fast as everyone says you are, it'll give my eyes a work oout. I suck though when it comes to technical skill as Volroth explained, but hey somehow i win (the secret is.......consistant luck sshhh )

azn_danny

Smash Cadet
LoL we're #1 on the hitlist...anyway, at mlg its on. cant wait. o yea i'll ditto any shiek or falcon there. ive gotten a little faster with falcon but im still practicing, and my shiek too. so i'll see yall at mlg. and yea DBR we accept ur challenge.

codin

Smash Rookie
Hello NorCal smashers. I'm new to these boards, but I live in Vacaville (about a 50 minute drive to SF) and I'm the best in my city. I plan on going to MLGSF so I'm here to introduce myself as another NorCal smasher.

3-D

Smash Rookie
Lookin to play

Hey, I'm always lookin for smash players around Daly City/SF area who think they are good to play against. Anyone just wanna have a geek party n play smash?

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
don't worry 3d, we'll play this weekend. and there couldn't be too many daly city smashers left that i don't know about, so just play me and then i'll help you out finding others to play.

Zoap

Smash Master
Congrats to GERM

just postin to say congrats to germ on makin the top 10 usa team, hope u can go over there and kick some major *** just like u do here. See ya all at mlg

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
It is OFFICIAL!!

I will be holding a smashfest at my house on the 12th of February. Held in my garage from 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM. This is the very first announcement and I will be confimring things as I go along, but now I am not even sure how many tvs/ Gcs I will have. Of course, BYOC.

My adress:
3365 Calla lily way
Sacramento, CA

My AIM is : nder81
If you want my cell #, send me a PM, or AIM.

Please respond if you think you might be able to go so I can get a rough idea of how many people will be there.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
alright sweet, finally you guys got this thing planned out. you can expect me to be there for sure. as for the rest of cruxis, i would think ron and will are good to go, but i gotta see about danny. he has school on saturday and i'm not sure if he can go. too bad, cause we can't even have a crew battle with just three ppl, can we?

and germ, yeah that definately sounds like a plan man. i don't mind making a pit stop at your house so that DBR can get their smash on. i warn you now though, my car is a piece of **** and can barely do 70 :p so it could be a long drive, haha. i mapquested it and it's about 1hr34mins from my house, and about 1hr11mins from your house. i hope as many of you guys can make it, along with everybody else who wants to get some practice in for mlg.

also, if anybody else wants a ride to sac for the pre-mlg smashfest, just let me know and if it's on the way, or not too far outta the way, i'll see what i can do. i'm not sure how much room i'm gonna have though, cause i don't know who all is going, but **** i want there to be a ton of ppl and i'll definately help some ppl out if they need it.

ONE last thing. i'm looking at Kens top ten list of ppl that might be going to Japan. and the germ and Isai are both on there. i dunno 'bout Isai's financial status (he did just win moast afterall) but i know germ is gonna need some help with this one. as residents of nor cal, i think it is our responsibility to help him out as much as possible. i for one will be getting a job soon, and am definately going to be helping out. we all gotta pitch in together so we can see germ rep norcal, and even Isai if he needs it. i know both of these two guys are kewl as hell and they'd do the same for us, so let's do all that we can to help them.

The GERM

Smash Ace
Hey thanx a lot Peter, now let's just hope I can pull 15 hudred bux out of my a$$. You'll see what'll happen to Aniki if he tries to come at me with some Link ditto sh**, it'll be over before it starts and I'll bury him in the earth forealzzz. But yeah, I hardly consider myself top 10 in US, I'm sure I was only picked cause the **** put in their Link player, but I still have to prove myself to Ken and everyone at MLG San Francisco, my hometown where I was born and raised, and I plan to with no mercy or hesitation.

About the smashfest, I've never really driven as far as Sacramento by myself, so If anyone from Daly City is going, maybe we can just drive up there and we'll follow you guys down to Sac and back. I'm still not sure we'd be able to make it yet, it all depends on the circumstances, but if we were to go, that would be the only way, cause I'm not taking greyhound unless it's a tournament...

*goes back to train the hylian beast*

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
Alright

Hey GERM congrats to your nomination to go to Japan to represent America. I'll be rooting for you to kick some arse. Don't feel a lil down because you think they only put you in because they put Aniki in. You are no doubt one of the top Links if not the best in the U.S. that takes mad dedication and skillz. You are representin' America only 9 others get to do that out of the whole smash community. You're going dude.. NorCal we are going to pitch in as much as we can to get GERM over to Japan.

As for the smashfest I'm still not sure if I can make it, as the date gets closer, ill be more sure.

Zarelid

Smash Lord
Originally posted by The GERM

1.Cruxis
2.SF Asians
3.Skypal
4.Teamscape
5.Blue Phoenixes
6.Elite 5 (if they come)
7.Whatever other crew(s) want to get *****....
hey thanks for putting up the list of crews we will beat at MLG, oh wait you forgot DBR add that on there thanks nukka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom