• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-The NNID Sharing Thread: Find opponents here!-

Djsoundwaves108

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DeathJams108
3DS FC
0645-6246-3667
Hey guys, I'm Cobbs. I'm a competitive Smash commentator. My goal is to grow the competitive Smash scene, both players and spectators.

Recently I was thinking - there are so many great Smash players in the competitive scene, yet a lot of them don't have video footage with commentary, and thus we don't really know they exist. Many players play in regions without dedicated stream teams, while others utilize online smash ladders. We may be used to seeing their names on tournament results, but we'll only ever see footage of them playing if they go to a larger tournament or a regional that happens to be streamed.

As a commentator whose focus is on growing the competitive scene - I have a responsibility. I want to open to doors for some of our awesome unheard & unseen players -- so I'm going to put some of you guys and gals in the spotlight!

If you're interested in being spotlighted, here are the full details:

This is an ongoing service and happens most nights.

NNID: CCOBBS
I'm the Host, you're the Champions.

• If you are interested in being spotlighted, the first step is to add me on your Wii U. My NNID is CCobbs.

• I host 1v1s that I record+commentate. Whenever you see me hosting a room, feel free to join! Once another opponents joins and its a 1v1, the match begins!

• Instead of joining my lobby, if you are playing 1v1s in 'With Friends' mode, I may decide to join your room! When this happens, it means I am going to commentate+record your match! I'll SD in the beginning as usual.

• All videos will be in HD at 60fps, with professionally recorded commentary (mixer, mic, pop filter, the whole shabam).

• Make sure you put your best foot forward and are playing at your peak potential. My lobbies are going to be a place for very skilled players to battle each other. This will make for great high-intensity matches for players to learn from, and the most exciting matches for spectators to watch.
I am looking forward to spotlighting and promoting your skills, help me make it happen by spreading the word.

Why are you doing this??
Duking it out Fight Club style is fun, and sparring like this is helpful for developing your abilities against many different foes. It puts a fun twist on online play, and brings people together by creating a Lobby anyone can join to have their matches recorded+commentated. Also, as your dedicated community host, I'll be uploading the commentated matches to youtube for you guys to watch after!

This is a great sparring 'event' to join in on for a couple matches if you're not looking for a huge time investment like an online Tournament, but still want to kick people's butts. Plus, you get recorded+commentated footage of said butt-kicking!

Note: I'm NA East.
Rules

1v1 - no items - 2 stocks (sometimes 3 stocks)

Stages

Final Destination - Battlefield - SmashVille - Town and City - Delfino Plaza - Castle Siege - Kongo Jungle 64

etc etc - the legal variety. Common sense = awesome

Rundown:

• Join my lobby or let me join yours.

• We all pick a stage and you two brawl it out while I commentate and share your matches with the world.
This is an informal ongoing event. I'm glad to be able to do this for the Smash community.

Keep on smashing guys and gals. See you online!

Fun Fact:

Once replay sharing is added, I'll be your go-to guy for having replays commentated too.
Cool hope to get to see my skils one day

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
lol your not a noob and sure hosting a room right now
Cool Cool Cool!

I wish I had a G-cube adapter!

Hey guys, I'm Cobbs. I'm a competitive Smash commentator. My goal is to grow the competitive Smash scene, both players and spectators.

Recently I was thinking - there are so many great Smash players in the competitive scene, yet a lot of them don't have video footage with commentary, and thus we don't really know they exist. Many players play in regions without dedicated stream teams, while others utilize online smash ladders. We may be used to seeing their names on tournament results, but we'll only ever see footage of them playing if they go to a larger tournament or a regional that happens to be streamed.

As a commentator whose focus is on growing the competitive scene - I have a responsibility. I want to open to doors for some of our awesome unheard & unseen players -- so I'm going to put some of you guys and gals in the spotlight!

If you're interested in being spotlighted, here are the full details:

This is an ongoing service and happens most nights.

NNID: CCOBBS
I'm the Host, you're the Champions.

• If you are interested in being spotlighted, the first step is to add me on your Wii U. My NNID is CCobbs.

• I host 1v1s that I record+commentate. Whenever you see me hosting a room, feel free to join! Once another opponents joins and its a 1v1, the match begins!

• Instead of joining my lobby, if you are playing 1v1s in 'With Friends' mode, I may decide to join your room! When this happens, it means I am going to commentate+record your match! I'll SD in the beginning as usual.

• All videos will be in HD at 60fps, with professionally recorded commentary (mixer, mic, pop filter, the whole shabam).

• Make sure you put your best foot forward and are playing at your peak potential. My lobbies are going to be a place for very skilled players to battle each other. This will make for great high-intensity matches for players to learn from, and the most exciting matches for spectators to watch.
I am looking forward to spotlighting and promoting your skills, help me make it happen by spreading the word.

Why are you doing this??
Duking it out Fight Club style is fun, and sparring like this is helpful for developing your abilities against many different foes. It puts a fun twist on online play, and brings people together by creating a Lobby anyone can join to have their matches recorded+commentated. Also, as your dedicated community host, I'll be uploading the commentated matches to youtube for you guys to watch after!

This is a great sparring 'event' to join in on for a couple matches if you're not looking for a huge time investment like an online Tournament, but still want to kick people's butts. Plus, you get recorded+commentated footage of said butt-kicking!

Note: I'm NA East.
Rules

1v1 - no items - 2 stocks (sometimes 3 stocks)

Stages

Final Destination - Battlefield - SmashVille - Town and City - Delfino Plaza - Castle Siege - Kongo Jungle 64

etc etc - the legal variety. Common sense = awesome

Rundown:

• Join my lobby or let me join yours.

• We all pick a stage and you two brawl it out while I commentate and share your matches with the world.
This is an informal ongoing event. I'm glad to be able to do this for the Smash community.

Keep on smashing guys and gals. See you online!

Fun Fact:

Once replay sharing is added, I'll be your go-to guy for having replays commentated too.
I might not be good yet, but mind if I still add you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Semopo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0688-6533-6002
I can't stand final destination anymore

Someone up for some smash wii u?
My id is Tahdon

Djsoundwaves108

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DeathJams108
3DS FC
0645-6246-3667
[
Ordered one from Ebay for $100...
Hope it gets here soon (Bought three new g-cube controllers xD)
quote="Semopo, post: 18144541, member: 273552"]Sounds perfect[/quote]
okay ill add u command you can battle him 1st then ill fight him next just rotate each match

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
[

quote="Semopo, post: 18144541, member: 273552"]Sounds perfect
okay ill add u command you can battle him 1st then ill fight him next just rotate each match[/quote]

Oops!

I'll host another room I guess lol

Is it possible to change the mii for your profile?
My friend put his mii as it lol

Sounds perfect
What's your NNID?

Last edited by a moderator:

mallow45

Smash Rookie
NNID
mallow45
3DS FC
0318-9181-5130
Communication error, and now my screen is black. Think I'll have to restart.

Semopo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0688-6533-6002
I am so terribly sorry for what I did to you mallow

Last edited:

Semopo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0688-6533-6002
Gotta go, too. Glad you invited me, had a ton of fun

Top Bottom