• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nintendo Boy Wonder: Nintendouji for SSB4!

Why do you want Nintendouji in Smash?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I always get that good feeling whenever i revive a thread. Or maybe it's because I finished watching Pokemon Origins just now. And now the thread will die because of me.

EDIT:2nd Page!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
NOOOOO why would this thread die because of you? :< I'm happy for revivals! (And I should be doing it more actually...)

I'll create a support list for the heck of it lol. So if you'd like to be on it, please say so here!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I've added you guys to the support list.

I've also created a poll just for some fun. I think sometimes people don't feel like posting in threads, so the poll is to try to get an idea why people support Nintendouji and want him in (or not) in a more easier way I guess... dunno really haha.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...I don't think he has even the slightest in chances to make it in. Because, no offense, but we need some more important characters before we go adding all these random WTF gag characters. Sorry, but I don't support. I hope I don't come across as a hater.

Wow. I'm saying this and I want Gruntilda.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I've been working on a moveset based off what little I know about the character and also off the things I've seen other card users and ninja types do. As you will see, it is far from complete but I have difficulty writing for characters I don't really know.
If anyone likes it, more will be added as and when I am able.

U-Special: Dimensional Gate - If on the ground, Douji will plant a card on the floor or, if one is already planted, he will hold up another, both will glow and he will step into the one he is holding, only to emerge from the other. If in the air, he will hold up the second card but it will only glow and continue the move if the first is already in place. Passing through has surprisingly slow startup and will result in Douji taking a brief moment to pick up the card he comes out of (must be placed again before reuse). If the space the card is on is otherwise occupied, Douji cannot traverse the cards and they will not glow. Not a damaging move.
N-Special: Holy Bind - Douji throws 3 cards in a sweeping motion and when they land, a small burst of light erupts from each of them for about a second. If on the ground, he will sweep horizontally and they will form a triangle roughly 'doujis width roughly 1.5 widths infront of him but in the air his sweep is vertical and throws the cards at 37.5, 45 and 52.5 degrees. This move does only small damage and no knockback but it will stun for a reasonably high amount of time and hold the enemy in place if they are caught in the triangle.
S-Special: Guiding Light - Douji Throws a card, shrouded in an orb of light, which travels slowly and can be controlled while the B button is held. The card itself will do no damage but the light surrounding it will do a small amount and cause a flinch. Since there is no noticeable knockback, the card can be moved in circles to hit repeatedly but this cannot be done too often as the light, and with it the move's hitbox size and damage, fades over time. The relatively low startup makes it good at closer ranges but still allows ample time for Douji to get hit when too close.
D-Special: Tarot Shield - Douji pulls cards from both sleaves simultaneously and quickly places 5 in a dimond shape, floating in the air infront of him. He will pick them up again shortly after so this move must be timed well but, should the cards be attacked, the middle one will turn round and glow in one of the fiver colours on Douji's taliosman (at random). The arm (or similar) of one of his summonable gods of that element will then burst through to strike Douji's attacker, doing huge damage and knockback.

A, A, A combo: Flying Cross - Douji pulls a card from each of his sleaves in turn and slashes upwards with them (1 for each of the first 2 button presses). As a "jab" it has knockback but not much The damage is small and stun is tiny. For the third hit, Douji will slash diagonally downwards with both cards simultaneously, forming a cross of light that adds roughly his width in range as it moves forward slightly. The damage is a little higher on this hit but still not great and the stun is no better.

U-Tilt: Lightswiper - Douji makes a vertical sweeping motion to hit foes above him with a card. It does ok damage and knockback and will leave a trail of light behind it that can also do a small amount of damage (no knockback). The card's arked path will hit the majority of the area infront of Douji.
S-Tilt:
D-Tilt:

U-Smash: Judgement - Douji raises a card flat above his head and a wide beam of light strikes down from the heavens onto it. It works much like Pikachu's D-Special but has a wider hitbox and faster descent in exchange for not being able to hit below the card (where the player is). This, however, does not prevent the card from hitting the upper portion of Douji on its way up, allowing it to do small damage and knock foes into the more powerful beam part. Charging will increase the width and strength of the beam but not affect the rest of the move.
S-Smash: Demon Banishment - Douji slaps directly infront of him, at arms length, with a card. This inflicts little damage and no knockback but a significant amount of stun. the move will then charge, if the button is still held, before releasing a powerful explosion of light. This abnormal order allows the user to get round blocks and dodges but the move is not a quick one so they must still be careful about the use of this kill move.
D-Smash: Mystic Mallet - Douji flicks a card out from his left sleeve into his hand and reaches into it with his right, stopping only to charge before pulling out Mario's hammer and striking the ground infront of him. This move has high damage but the knockback is only average. The collision with the ground will throw up a small burst of light which will act as a hitbox with simmilar properties to the stars on Yoshi's Ground Pound, only smaller.

U-Air:
N-Air:
B-Air:
F-Air:
D-Air:

U-Taunt: Navi - Douji raises a card above his head, it glows and out comes a fairy saying "Hey! Listen!". She circles above him as she speaks, trailing sparkle dust through the air before promptly returning to her card.
S-Taunt:
D-Taunt:
Final Smash:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I was trying to remember the name of this thread and character. This seems like the best way to go for a Hanafuda rep.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
I've never heard about this character before. This is a Nintendo character I've never heard about before...
Excuse me while I feel deeply depressed...

Marakatu

Smash Ace
> knows Time Twist for the Famicom.
> doesn't know about Nintendouji.
Shame.. :evil:
Well, I was finally going to create a thread about Time Twist one of these days, but with all those retro being deconfirmed, I thought it would a waste of effort. :nervous:
(Also, I'm lazy as ****.)

Err, on-topic. I support this guy, because I'm not a sore loser. Despite the fact that his game doesn't reference Mysterious Murasame Castle at all. And despite the fact that he was created by the team that made Sakura Samurai, aka "Waste of opportunity to revive Mysterious Murasame Castle".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom