• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Why is Alaska in here haha.

Sooooo time to go into detail. When I go into detail. It becomes colorful

So:

Intro:

-There will be a smashfest this weekend. Jesse (Juce) and I welcome anyone to come. If you want to improve. This is a good chance to improve. If you are new then this is a good way to meet people. Remember that you aren't going to improve instantly. So don't be disappointed and never come back. Also, if you are new. You are going to get *****. I'm telling you that right now. Don't be discouraged though. Since we all get *****. I still remember the first time I got 4 stocked haha. Keep coming and you will get to **** status.

*Contact Info:

My AIM: funktastic888888
Juces Phone Number: 503-332-7425

A notice:

-This will be mostly Melee. Although, I do plan that there will be some Brawl players here. So there will be Brawl at this event.

Set up info!!!:

-Bring set ups, bring set ups, bring set ups!!!! We have 3 tv's, 1 melee, and 1 Brawl. Past that it's up to you guys. I HATE waiting so if there isn't enough set ups. I'll more than likely stop playing and just watch stuff online.

Recording A.K.A. BC Chris:

-If BC comes to this. There will be recording. So if you want footage of yourself then you'll be able to get it and you can be cool. Jesse and I will be recording doubles footage for our combo videos. So you guys better feel like doubles.

*Warning*​
-We have Dogs and Cats. So if you are allergic to either. Then bring medicine or do whatever you kids with allergies do. Also, since we have Dogs whatever you leave on the ground at any point. Is forfeit to them and will probably be chewed.

Delicious Food Info:

-There are food places near by. There is a McDonalds, Shari's, Burger King, Red Robin, A&W/KFC, Albertson's, Godfather's, Taco Bell, Bon Teriyaki and the best Sushi place on the planet. All within walking distance. Walking distance being about 20 minutes. There is a strong chance we will go to Shari's late night for food. So bring some money for food. Unless you just want to sit there drinking water.

Any_questions?_Just_message_me _on_AIM!!

keeper

Smash Champion
Why is Alaska in here haha.

*Warning*​
-We have Dogs and Cats. So if you are allergic to either. Then bring medicine or do whatever you kids with allergies do.

Also, they eat shoes. Don't leave shoes (or cords) on the ground. keeper woke up with the back part of his shoe messed up courtesy of Omi (Pomeranian). The other dog, Stache, is a ****** and half maltese half chihuahua.

Delicious Food Info:

-There are food places near by. There is a McDonalds, Shari's, Burger King, Red Robin, A&W/KFC, Albertson's, Godfather's, Taco Bell, Bon Teriyaki and the best Sushi place on the planet. All within walking distance. Walking distance being about 20 minutes. There is a strong chance we will go to shari's late night for food. So bring some money for food. Unless you just want to sit there drinking water.

I added some stuff.

keeper

Smash Champion
The light dog was sweet. It kept wanting to sit on my lap.
C:
Maybe it's just my massive bias against dogs.

Stache was that one, by the way. He's bitten me three times now because I always try to get him to stop his massive "I have to chew and like myself" binges that go on for 20 minutes.

Sideshowxela

Smash Cadet
I'm so bummed I'm going to be missing this :( Hopefully we can do another one of these soon. And I looove late night food trips.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I love getting *****. <.< It motivates me to get better.

Also, bringing my ugly shoes sounds like a good idea.

I have two tvs, a gamecube, and a wii. If I could, I would also put the big screen in the car, but that's not likely to happen. I also have BBrawl, if anyone wants to try it out.

Sideshowxela

Smash Cadet
So will you guys still be going tomorrow, which I guess is now today? If so, let me get at that.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Just curious is any melee smashers live near hood river? I may be moving there from tacoma, washington next year o_0 im currently 10th on washington state pr, and played some of you at the first go tourney.

keeper

Smash Champion
Just curious is any melee smashers live near hood river? I may be moving there from tacoma, washington next year o_0 im currently 10th on washington state pr, and played some of you at the first go tourney.
I played you in friendlies there.

I don't think there are really any people specifically out there. I honestly don't remember how far the drive is from most large cities.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
It's an hour east of portland is all i know. And i played a lot of people in friendlies that day o_0 though i do remember watching you play some peeps idk if i played you myself though i probably did (not that it's important).

And **** =/

How often are tournies beside the tournament GO ones in oregon?

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Yeah nobody lives in the Hood River area. Although, I've always been interested if people did play there. Since I used to live in The Dalles awhile back.

If you can drive that would be good. Juce and I usually are always down for people to come over and smash. You'll know when a smashfest is when I post one. If someone drove to Hood River I MIGHT go. Just because it has the best Chinese restaurant on the planet. Which by the way you should try since you are there. It's called China Gorge it's near the river. You should also try a place called The Ranch. It has like the best cheapest burgers I've ever had.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for all the incite peach masta!! Yeah it's probably roughly 50/50 right now if im going to move there. And yeah i know it's a resort town so there's a **** ton of things to do there. And i did enjoy the oregon smash scene the last time i was there ^^. As for driving i'll probably be willing to drive though i hate driving by myself =/ but i dont' mind driving if there's other people in the car. As for people willing to drive out to hood river, i'd probably whole smashfests, and let people crash. Especially cuz we need to get better and beat washington imo.

**** Washington ^^

LOL anyways thanks for all the responses.

mlgc4

Smash Apprentice
syler you should come down to sherwood(jesse's house) or minh's(jayces house) in portland if you move to hood river since thats were all the smashing takes place in north oregon.
If enough people go to the smashfest we hold we can do small tournament 12man

Syler

Smash Journeyman
syler you should come down to sherwood(jesse's house) or minh's(jayces house) in portland if you move to hood river since thats were all the smashing takes place in north oregon.
If enough people go to the smashfest we hold we can do small tournament 12man
I most likely would ^^

You guys are all friendly there i like it, and portland is pretty nice, you guys need to show me around if i do end up moving there.

keeper

Smash Champion
I most likely would ^^

You guys are all friendly there i like it, and portland is pretty nice, you guys need to show me around if i do end up moving there.
I only know: The Hawthorne strip (the area near Hawthorne, it's a road), near PSU, and where the Saturday market is held. @_@

There's a Fred Meyer with rooftop parking, which is cool.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I only know nothing haha. Since I'm the biggest ****** in the world when it comes to anything relating to directions. Jesse knows everything haha. He basically is a human Mapquest. Why are you moving to Hood River and not like Portland or somewhere not in the random part of Oregon?

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Im currently with a female right now, and she is applying for a store manager job in hood river (yeah we both just turned 23 if your wondering about our age) and yeah that's where the store is (in a nice resort town ^^) and she wanted me to come. I figured i might try it out, i mean washington isn't that great and portland > seattle. But have to see if she gets the job, and then what i decide on, but if there's a nice smash scene down there it may sway my decision. At the very least i might try it for a quarter or two.

But i would love to play you guys again, it sure was fun ^^.

Sideshowxela

Smash Cadet
Coincidentally, I missed the smashfest on Friday because some friends and I went cliffjumping a couple miles down the highway from Hood River. It was a really nice spot with several jumps ranging from ~10-50 feet and a decent, though tiny, beach area. Dunno if you're in to that, but if you are, then that information might be relevant to your interests.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
cliff jumping... intersting idk if that's too hardcore for me, i use to love **** like that for thrills etc. but i guess staying in my home cuz it was raining all the the and not liking the heat anyways (yeah call me a half korean/half black vampire x_X) i guess i developed a fear of heights.... which is weird cuz i never had problems or fears of anything... sob

And yeah i guess it's hush hush but she has been confirmed as the store manager down in hood river, and is wanted asap... so now it's up to me to figure out if im going down there, i figured i might as well try out the place for a couple months.

Any smashfests soon!? lol or tournies o_0

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Whatever weekend is decided for the melee tourney is the weekend I come back up. If debaser is still thinking about that. My personal favorite is 17-18 but whatever.

That smashfest was fun. Could have used one or two more people that day though. Not that you weren't awesome for putting up with me keeper.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
There is G.O. v3 coming up. Jesse and I might make "sup syler" smashfest.
That sounds pretty tight ^^

I need my revenge against jesse anyways (jesse is juce right?) But yeah be fun playing a lot of you again like b.c. chris, i played him like a million matches last time i was down there.

keeper

Smash Champion
Bow chicka bow wow.
Tucker, shut up.

Whatever weekend is decided for the melee tourney is the weekend I come back up. If debaser is still thinking about that. My personal favorite is 17-18 but whatever.

That smashfest was fun. Could have used one or two more people that day though. Not that you weren't awesome for putting up with me keeper.
Putting up with you? I basically stole half your meal and some ice cream. It was no problem, haha. Watching you play Mario was fun too.

As was chasing that dog...

That sounds pretty tight ^^

I need my revenge against jesse anyways (jesse is juce right?) But yeah be fun playing a lot of you again like b.c. chris, i played him like a million matches last time i was down there.
Jesse is indeed Juce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom