• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feyg0t

Smash Rookie
Okay.. Well I don't wanna show up and you guys be like WTF YOU YOUNGIN'!?

I'm 15, 16 soonish

NukSuCao

Smash Cadet
Josh, Bart and I play melee in eugene every so often. hit that **** up
I'm in Springfield. The EmX gets me to Eugene station. I'm up for friendly anytime, so long as you don't mind my being 15 and all.

I play a lot of characters. I don't main because I don't compete. I've been in that one half of a tourney. It only counts as half because the people there lost to me, and I don't know what "wavedashing" or any of that fancy stuff is.

Rolyat is 13 and he's good. We're figuring out ride stuff. Not good, considering neither of us can drive and all. :chuckle:

mlgc4

Smash Apprentice
Josh, Bart and I play melee in eugene every so often. hit that **** up
**** you scott & gage
so I can't play games for a few weeks since my joints are hella ****ed up and have been since I've adderall way back.basicly I've been playing non stop since then and after smash my joints get hard =[

luno

Smash Rookie
so, any melee activity before GO!! 3.0?

E portland here btw.. i cant exactly start a smashfest of my own for various reasons

nor can i really travel, but i can get anywhere in the greater portland area

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Well Jesse and I live in Sherwood. Which you can easily access by bus. Then a small walk to our house. I want to do something smash related this weekend. It will mostly be melee. Maybe a Brawl set up or two.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Dood.
Three-day weekend.
For me.
Not OR.
cuz OR sucks.

EDIT: This post has relevance, btw.
EDIT: Oh wait, OR would have a 3DW cuz it's still holiday, lol.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
That's what I meant originally.
lol Oregon school budgets.
I think.
I stopped paying attention to OR-specific news a few years ago.

keeper

Smash Champion
That's what I meant originally.
lol Oregon school budgets.
I think.
I stopped paying attention to OR-specific news a few years ago.
My school year has always started the week of labor day on either a wednesday or thursday since I was 5.

debaser

Smash Lord
So I have a house now. It's pretty small, but not THAT small for Oregon standards. I'd say it's a little bigger than timmy and tommy's. I could probably get away with hosting some medium sized (Oregon scale) tournaments. Melee only, of course, in Eugene. Your thoughts.

keeper

Smash Champion
So I have a house now. It's pretty small, but not THAT small for Oregon standards. I'd say it's a little bigger than timmy and tommy's. I could probably get away with hosting some medium sized (Oregon scale) tournaments. Melee only, of course, in Eugene. Your thoughts.
That sounds cool as long as NOregon gets a carpool to it.

Also, PBF Comics are too good.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I don't know about a melee only tournament in Oregon. I could try getting some players. I know Jesse and I would be down. Maybe Grunt and Vulcan if they got a carpool to one of us. Erik and Alex I could see. Keeper, BC, maybe Jayce, Minh. Then random Eugene like Bart and Andy and such. So I guess that's a lot more people then I had thought haha

debaser

Smash Lord
Alright yeah, I'm not shooting for anything epic here. I'll just go ahead and host one and see what happens. Just gotta run it by the roommates and pick a date. Probably sometime in October.

Sideshowxela

Smash Cadet
Whoa whoa whoa, hold the phone. Beaverton here, I tried to stir up some melee action before on AiB (admittedly weak attempts) and got nothing out of it, but I could easily make the trip to Sherwood. I feel like my game's hit a wall and my brother's stupid *** Marth keeps exploiting it, could definitely use some more competition. I've got Thurs and Fri off work, either of those work for some drop-by friendlies?

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I'm up for a match. I live in scappoose, but considering that's out in the boonies, I'm fine with driving anywhere in the metro area west of the Willamette. I'm open for the next two weeks before I head back down to corvallis for school.

I'll play you Sideshowxela. I can't guarantee that I'm all that great, but new blood is better than old blood I think.

keeper

Smash Champion
Whoa whoa whoa, hold the phone. Beaverton here, I tried to stir up some melee action before on AiB (admittedly weak attempts) and got nothing out of it, but I could easily make the trip to Sherwood. I feel like my game's hit a wall and my brother's stupid *** Marth keeps exploiting it, could definitely use some more competition. I've got Thurs and Fri off work, either of those work for some drop-by friendlies?
I'm up for a match. I live in scappoose, but considering that's out in the boonies, I'm fine with driving anywhere in the metro area west of the Willamette. I'm open for the next two weeks before I head back down to corvallis for school.

I'll play you Sideshowxela. I can't guarantee that I'm all that great, but new blood is better than old blood I think.
If you guys are serious, I'd be more than willing to solicit my dad to give me a ride out to Sherwood for Friday to Saturday this weekend. Playing Jesse and Gage is **** anyway.

I wanna play.
:D
u guys should come up here though.
The Couve is like, farther away maaan.

Sideshowxela

Smash Cadet
Thursday noon-9ish would be best for me, but if Friday is better for everyone else, then so be it. Sherwood guys, you up to hosting this? If not, I could have a couple melee set ups at my place.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Jesse and I are always up for hosting melee and even brawl. Jesse and I's house is probably without a doubt the best place in Oregon to get better at Melee. We are free Thursday and Friday at any point. Saturday we have work, but after that we'll be good.

Perhaps I feel a smashfest friday? Grunt and Vulcan get your WA selfs down here. Keeper get your dad to take you. Debaser, drive up here. BC, I'm sure you'll be here. Sideshowxela, get over here from wherever you are. Scappoose Guy, get up in hurr. Sooo yeah, just AIM me for my address at one point.

AIM= funktastic888888

Sideshowxela, there are like 3-4 people in Beaverton usually down to play Melee, Brawl, and Blazblue.

Sideshowxela

Smash Cadet
without a doubt the best place in Oregon to get better at Melee. We are free Thursday and Friday at any point
Well I could certainly do Thursday, and I can bring a friend who is just starting out but would love to play more people. Friday is probably possible too. I'll hit you up on AIM when I'm off work. Will you still be up around midnight?

Sideshowxela

Smash Cadet
It looks like my nooby friend Zack is planning an end of summer get together on Friday, so I won't be able to make it to the smashfest. Major letdown, and I'd appreciate it if everyone gave him **** for it when we eventually do meet up. When he asks for tips, give him horrible advice and tell him it's how the pros play. Another time, hopefully soon. Thursday or Sunday are still a good option for me if that's at all possible.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I don't care what day. I just got my wisdom teeth pulled and I'm going crazy with cabin fever. Well not really, but my schedule is completely open.

Also, doesn't aftermath live in the tualitin valley? I know I've seen him at PCC smash tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom