• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
great mighty poo for the win man.

i'm thinking of changing my avatar too, cause there's tons of people with this snake...but i can't find anything as badass as snake...

ridley for brawl
yeah, I changed my avy from mickey mouse, then realized that everyone uses my current one. I was one of the very few people with that avatar too. But serious avatar = people take you more cerealiciously, and Snake is almost as badass as Ridley, so don't worry

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
and Snake is almost as badass as Ridley, so don't worry
uh, actually i think he's MORE badass than Ridley.

there are some cool avatars, but some people have already taken them. i want some new avatars from brawl to showcase moves from the players

ridley for brawl

parrothead

Smash Lord
No offense, but I believe Ridley is more likely at entering as a boss than a playable character, because:

* His official size is X-Large. Even though, size doesn't matter, it SOMETIMES MATTERS. Wouldn't you want to see everyone the same size and height? I know he was small in the NES Metroid, but Nintendo did the remake of the NES title called Metroid: Zero Mission, and now look at Ridley in that game. He's LARGE. I also know he looked small during the intro of SSBM, but that was actually how the camera was ZOOMED OUT. If you pause it right before Ridley tries to attack Samus Aran while she shoots a Missle, you'll see that Ridley is indeed LARGE.
* Kirby was added, because he is HAL Laboratory's mascot and Sakurai created him along with the SSB series. No one at Nintendo of Japan thought he would look ridiculous in the SSB series. Pikachu was added, because he is perhaps Nintendo's third most-popular character, along with Mario and Link. No one at Nintendo of Japan didn't even think he would look ridiculous in the SSB series, either.
* Ridley's boss music + boss characters = Ridley is pretty likely at being a boss than a playable. I assume that Sakurai will like him more as a boss, than as a playable.
* If Ridley was shrunk to the size of Bowser in SSBB, then he would look ridiculous.

If Ridley does enter as a playable character, then I apologize.

Caael

Smash Lord
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/Legolastom/finalfinalridleydojojj2.png

I created this. Do you not think that the sizes in there are reasonable for Brawl?

Plus, Ridley was rated very high on Sakurai's poll, he had the same amount of votes as Ike and Diddy.

He's not going to leave Ridley out while the other characters with the same votes get through.

It's called Ridley Boss Battle Music, because that's the music that plays when you fight him in the metroid games.

Just look at the first page.

Should Ridley be a boss?

"Ofcourse he should be. That is what he always has been. Does this mean he should be unplayable? No way! Bowser and Ganondorf have also been bosses, but they are playable in Melee. (Ridley is often considered the 'Bowser and Ganondorf' for Metroid) The recently confirmed boss, Petey Piranha, is not important to the Mario series. He's popular yes, but not important. Meta-Ridley, the huge cybernetic Dragon of Metroid Prime would make a great boss, in fact. He could stay his huge size. And attack in the same method. Dropping bombs for players to catch and throw back at him. Once grounded, he would use his dash attack to try and knock away players. That is when you dodge, and attack him during Meta-Ridley's lag. If you don't cause enough damage, look out for his plasma beam! It could be quite intense! 'Classic' Ridley however, could also be an earlier 'boss' that you must fight and defeat. He would be like a normal playable character, though. (Although probably made heavier to make him more difficult) Only later will he return as the monstrous Meta-Ridley boss. You may notice 'Boss Fight' in the title of Ridley's theme. This is only the name of the song used in the games, the 'Boss Fight' there to show Ridley's boss status in his games.
"

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
No offense, but I believe Ridley is more likely at entering as a boss than a playable character, because:

* His official size is X-Large. Even though, size doesn't matter, it SOMETIMES MATTERS. Wouldn't you want to see everyone the same size and height? I know he was small in the NES Metroid, but Nintendo did the remake of the NES title called Metroid: Zero Mission, and now look at Ridley in that game. He's LARGE. I also know he looked small during the intro of SSBM, but that was actually how the camera was ZOOMED OUT. If you pause it right before Ridley tries to attack Samus Aran while she shoots a Missle, you'll see that Ridley is indeed LARGE.
* Kirby was added, because he is HAL Laboratory's mascot and Sakurai created him along with the SSB series. No one at Nintendo of Japan thought he would look ridiculous in the SSB series. Pikachu was added, because he is perhaps Nintendo's third most-popular character, along with Mario and Link. No one at Nintendo of Japan didn't even think he would look ridiculous in the SSB series, either.
* Ridley's boss music + boss characters = Ridley is pretty likely at being a boss than a playable. I assume that Sakurai will like him more as a boss, than as a playable.
* If Ridley was shrunk to the size of Bowser in SSBB, then he would look ridiculous.

If Ridley does enter as a playable character, then I apologize.

owned

Caael

Smash Lord
You do realise that the baby metroid in it's tank in super metroid came up to Samus' waist. This is the same Ridley, so if it comes up to Samus' waist, and Ridley's knee, Ridley is twice Samus' size. That's not big.

parrothead

Smash Lord
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/Legolastom/finalfinalridleydojojj2.png

I created this. Do you not think that the sizes in there are reasonable for Brawl?

Plus, Ridley was rated very high on Sakurai's poll, he had the same amount of votes as Ike and Diddy.

He's not going to leave Ridley out while the other characters with the same votes get through.

It's called Ridley Boss Battle Music, because that's the music that plays when you fight him in the metroid games.

Just look at the first page.

Should Ridley be a boss?

"Ofcourse he should be. That is what he always has been. Does this mean he should be unplayable? No way! Bowser and Ganondorf have also been bosses, but they are playable in Melee. (Ridley is often considered the 'Bowser and Ganondorf' for Metroid) The recently confirmed boss, Petey Piranha, is not important to the Mario series. He's popular yes, but not important. Meta-Ridley, the huge cybernetic Dragon of Metroid Prime would make a great boss, in fact. He could stay his huge size. And attack in the same method. Dropping bombs for players to catch and throw back at him. Once grounded, he would use his dash attack to try and knock away players. That is when you dodge, and attack him during Meta-Ridley's lag. If you don't cause enough damage, look out for his plasma beam! It could be quite intense! 'Classic' Ridley however, could also be an earlier 'boss' that you must fight and defeat. He would be like a normal playable character, though. (Although probably made heavier to make him more difficult) Only later will he return as the monstrous Meta-Ridley boss. You may notice 'Boss Fight' in the title of Ridley's theme. This is only the name of the song used in the games, the 'Boss Fight' there to show Ridley's boss status in his games.
"
I know he was mentioned in Sakurai's poll four times, but he is not 100% going to be in SSBB, he is actually very likely at entering. "Very likely" doesn't mean "100% going to be in SSBB", it's just that he has a very high chance, it might surprise us if we don't see him in at all. I'm not saying he 100% will not enter SSBB, I'm saying he 95% will enter SSBB.

After I looked at that fake SSBB image, it made me still think he sure does look ridiculous and wacky as a playable character. I know Bowser was very LARGE in Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine, but that was the power of the Stars and Shine Sprites he stole that made him XXX-Large.

Look at Andross, he was added as an Assist Trophy, and he is a very important character. Even though, it's the SNES version, he is the most important villain in the first Star Fox.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I really cannot understand how anyone could doubt Ridley's inclusion as a playable character in Brawl.

He made cameo appearences in both the previous Smash titles, so obviously Sakurai knows of him. Metroid has really come along as a franchise, so it deserves another playable character. Who else would you possibly choose other than Ridley for this? He has so much potential as a character. He's also very popular as indicated in Sakurai's poll.

I really do not believe Sakurai would look at Ridley and say "So this guy is second most important character in a serious that I need to better represent. He's also very popular with the fans, and I could probably create an interesting moveset for him... LOL BOSS 4 SHUR"

Sakurai is a smart man. He will make the right choice for Ridley. (The right choice being making him playable, ofcourse)

parrothead

Smash Lord
The word "owned" sucks @$$.

That look of Ridley in the opening looks more like how bad he and his crew made him. In other words, it looks like a poorly done job.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
The word "owned" sucks @$$.

That look of Ridley in the opening looks more like how bad he and his crew made him. In other words, it looks like a poorly done job.
Yeah, and It doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they never touched up his alpha model, right?

And Samus' missle in the into looks WAY worse than it does in the real game. Oh, and I guess I'll try something other than 'owned'

pzoned

parrothead

Smash Lord
Yeah, and It doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they never touched up his alpha model, right? And Samus' missle in the into looks WAY worse than it does in the real game.
Alpha model? Do you mean his look in the NES version or his look in Super Metroid (which is what his SSBM appearance is mostly based on)?

Oh, and I guess I'll try something other than 'owned': pzoned.
Sounds like something from Pizza Hut.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Alpha model? Do you mean his look in the NES version or his look in Super Metroid (which is what his SSBM appearance is mostly based on)?
Lol, no, games go through different stages. There's alpha stage, beta stage, and completion. Alpha models are incomplete and need some tweaking

Sounds like something from Pizza Hut.
it is

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
I had a strange dream about Ridley being in Brawl. It was after Brawl came out and Ridley turned out to be in the starting roster, and the haters were still saying he's not in Brawl. I made a post that said "LOOK AT THE ****ING CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN" or something of that nature. Then I went online and owned with Ridley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom