• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New & Improved Lucas Video Compendium + Critique Topic

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Sweet kills HTM.

I also noticed you got really repetitive with the ledge jumps though.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
i'm not a big fan of your Lucas HTM but i really liked those kills :D psi magnet's too good
im not a fan of
fighting
his Lucas either

goes something like this

pk fire pk fire pk fire f-tilt pk fire *Mispace aerial> get shield grabbed* pk fire pk fire *mispace aerial> eat a down smash* pk fire pk fire pk fire f-tilt pk fire pkfire

die?

*crouch spam*

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Alright, I'll try to give a good critique for you soon SNO.

And HTM, we ain't hatin'. And SNO, if you're having trouble with PKF spam, just PS it and he'll be forced to the edge.

Some of my Lucas is on there too APC.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I looked at both of yours. The only one I saw of your Lucas tho apc was against the Toon Link, which was amazing. However most of the stuff I do I picked up from fighting Tallman, except im not as good with grabs as he is.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
those textures hurt my eyes >_>

i saw a couple of times that you were approaching with sh uair+jab, wouldn't be better with RAR?
too much dash attack and running grab :S
you're good at power shielding, i liked that :)
you were more aggresive vs Snake than ROB, i would do the opposite lol

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
lol, since these were friendlies, a lot of the dash-attacks were jokes. You see, one of my scrub friends did that like 9 times in a row against his shield when he was playing a Snake as CF, and he exploded grenades everytime. Now it's become a joke to do that.

ClausBound

Smash Apprentice
Well for that specific video, I'd have to say that it was a pretty good lucas. They kinda left themselves open a lot and when the DK left itself open (lets say, his recovery... Lucas didn't do anything to punish. Like going for a pk thunder ledge spike since dk's recovery is failsauce. Also he seemed a little slow using moves. Well its my opinion. But overall a pretty good lucas.
(now I just need someone to critique my videos XD)

prOAPC

Smash Lord
@ClausBound: nothing much to tell lol, i'd say add some sh pk fire, wavebounced or not, instead of those grounded ones, it will add some speed to your Lucas. Also, vs Link on BF, you used too many times PKT while both of you where on stage, it worked in that match, but don't make it as a habit because it won't work all the time.
@PKGod: mix up the way you recovery, you have to work on your PKT2 just to aim it better. The only thing you used while the opponent was off stage, was bair. Remember you have some good tools for gimping, like PKT and it is really same if used rigth. Vs DK, dair is waaaaay better than bair or PKT, but that's just for yout MU knowledge. It looks like you like to grab a lot, Lucas grab is bad and you have better attacks OOS, like jab or aerials, but if you land a grab, a couple of pummels won't hurt you

ClausBound

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I've just found something out, maybe it's been discovered before me... Anyway its kind of like a ledgebend except its on a platform and you can use most moves out of it. I'll upload it when I find someone to.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Someone loves Brinstar :D

I learned the hard way - extended hit boxes are great when they're unexpected, but don't always go for them as it leaves you amazingly vulnerable if you miss and/or the opponent predicts your move (especially with Lucas)... Assuming you were playing against the same person, you got quite lucky with a lot of those extended hitbox smashes (shouldn't expect more than 2 surprise hits per game)... Risk/reward is worse than a dash grab :D You seemed to pick that up well in your second vid against Samus, so props :D

Also, you seemed to use moves unnecessarily at times (e.g. PK Fire when they are well and truly under the stage on Brinstar)... Probably just lapses in patience or something, but it's something to work on (you seem to be quite patient for half the matches :p)

For the most part you choose the right move for the situation, just gotta get spacing and timing a bit better ^^ Also, too much roll dodging IMO - from a fellow roll dodger I can see it as a force of habit, but just try to incorporate more mix-ups in evasive techniques (even just walking/running backwards)

Oh, and don't jump into Falcon Punches :p Hope this helped a bit ^^

Galeon

Smash Ace
some teams matches from a tourney this past weekend:

Galeon+snipa vs gdx+kyon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3fCTqGj9LI

Galeon+snipa vs underground and metaevil http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwI9JsjxbU4 raperaperaperape

Galeon+snipa vs kith+xaltis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpwcegmYjog

Galeon+snipa vs kith+xaltis again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6ErapFBRk8

Galeon+snipa vs seibrik+chaz http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTPrVuFU_pE

Galeon+snipa vs seibrik+chaz again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5265TSipn4

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Woooow @ 2nd match.

You guys did great 1st match too. You need to teach me how to beat Kyon's Peach. Lol.

Never realized Blizzard was so good in doubles... Gonna watch the rest of these.

Top Bottom