• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NE TO group presents: H.O.G 11 NESS circuit qualifier #3

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
The NE TO group presents:

Saturday, June 30th Wallingford, CT
Hall of Gaming - 203-793-7712
Swift - 203-864-0227

This event is part of the New England Smash Summer Circuit. Seeding points toward the final event are awarded to top8 in singles and doubles as 40, 30, 20, 10, 5/5, 2/2. You may find all information regarding the circuit here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=322691

Guest Host & Streamer: MLG Solid Jake

Sponsored by SUBWAY. If you make a purchase wearing your Hall of Gaming wristband you receive 20% off all your meals throughout the day.
Eat Fresh.​

220 North Colony Street, Suite A
Wallingford, CT 06492

SCHEDULE
11:00am - Store Opens
11:30am - Sign ups for Melee Doubles
1pm - Melee Doubles sign ups end and seeding begins
1:30pm - Melee Doubles Starts
2pm - Melee Singles sign ups
3:30pm - Melee Singles sign ups end, and seeding begins
4pm - Melee Singles starts
11:00 PM - Get out

Schedule is here as a guideline, and subject to change at the event itself

ENTRY FEE AND PRIZES: Venue - $5
Singles - $10 per entrant
Doubles - $10 per team / $5 per person
Prize Pool for doubles - 1st/2nd/3rd - 60%/30%/10%
Prize Pool for Singles - 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th/5th - 48%/22%/14%/8%/4%

STAGE LIST
Singles

Starters | Counterpicks
Final Destination|Brinstar
Battlefield|Kongo Jungle 64
Yoshi's Story|Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64|Rainbow Cruise
Fountain of Dreams|

Doubles
Starters | Counterpicks
Final Destination|Rainbow Cruise
Battlefield|Kongo Jungle 64
Yoshi's Story|Brinstar
Dreamland 64|
Pokemon Stadium|
Stage strike is 1 - 2 - 1 and determined by port priority.​

RULESET

1. 4 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Pause Is Turned On by Default
  • If a player requests pause off it will be turned off for that set.
  • If a player pauses, the person pausing will lose a stock if the opponent requests it.
  • If it is a teams match, both players on the pausing team will lose a stock if the opponent requests it.
4. Items set to “Off” and “None”
5. Wobbling / Blizzobbling is legal.
6. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., Ice Climbers’ Freeze Glitch or Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner., etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
7. The act of stalling is banned. Stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable, such as continuing infinite’s (wobbling/blizzobbling) past 300%, or reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you. Peach’s wall-bombing, or Jigglypuff’s rising pound can be used as long as it is not for the purpose of stalling for a period greater than 30 seconds. The same goes for any other similar tactics.
8. In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined in the following order:
  1. More remaining stock.
  2. Less percentage.
If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal stock and percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters, and same stage.
9. Match sets in both pools and Prelim bracket are 2/3 games. Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals in singles and doubles are played 3/5 games.
10. Pools placement is determined first by game win percentage. In the event of a tie it then goes to set win percentage, then head to head matchup.
11. The TO reserves the right to over-ride or reinterpret any rule if absolutely necessary. Another TO must be present and agreeing at the ruling.

Set Procedure Advanced Slob Picks
1. Port Priority is determined. If it can not be agreed on you may rocks, paper, scissors for it.
2. Each Player/Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
3. Each Player/Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4. The first game is played on a Stage selected from the 5(five) Neutral Stage List by the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-1. The player/team with higher port priority strikes first. (Player/Team 1 strikes one stage, followed by Player/Team 2 striking two stages, with Player/Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
5. The first match is played.
6. The Player/Team that won the previous match may announce one “Stage Ban” if they have not already done so in this set.
7. The Player/Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Neutral Stage List or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a “Stage Ban” by the either Player/Team may not be selected.
8. The Player/Team that won the previous match chooses their character(s).
9. The Player/Team that lost the previous match chooses their character(s).
10. The next match is played.
11. Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches until a winner is determined.
12. Modified Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick the stage he or she last won on unless agreed upon by both players.

Doubles Modified Rules
1. Team Attack set to “On”
2. Life stealing is allowed.
3. In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by which ever team has more remaining stock.
4. In the event of a game going to time and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner. In the event of same stock equal combined percent, the match is replayed with the same stage and characters.

Conduct
1. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
2. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament with no refund.
3. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.
4. You are responsible for your own equipment Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible, keep an eye on your equipment and always check to make sure you’re using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be restarted because of these problems.
5. Intentional forfeiting, match fixing, splitting, and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable as seen fit by the tournament organizer.
6. No substitutions are allowed for singles or doubles.
7. Coaching is allowed only between games, not during. Failure to adhere to this will lead to punishment at the tournament organizer discretion, which could include the removal from the venue.
8. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first game. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the match. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
9. The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.
9a. The m2k Rule - By entering the tournament you agree to play your matches on the setup requested by a tournament organizer whether it be a stream, recording, or non-recording setup.
10. Disrupting your opponent physically or intending to disrupt their play (through something such as screaming in a player’s ear) will result in a warning. Repeated action will result in disqualification from the tournament and possibly ejection from the venue. Observers who physically disrupt players are to be dealt with as the Tournament Organiser sees fit. Disqualification is recommended if possible, and ejection from the venue is also a punishment.
11. Although a rarity in melee (regarding textures and other game hacks):
Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.
Players are not allowed to use any game altering hacks, such as model or physics modifications for tournament play.

Please bring setups

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
more people should come so i could justify driving 6 hours for a local
!!

Just so you know, this event yields 40 plus easy. Plus it is all new England. I sure other regions would snowball. Whoever makes that drive will have no venue fee of course(not much I know but hey its something.)

Mahone

Smash Champion
alright, we'll see what happens, not sure i can get people from nova to go, since there is some tourney in NY the same day which i think theyd rather go to

Mahone

Smash Champion
woah, chill out man... im not a *****, so im not thinking of going to sudden death, i just said other nova people can't see the light and realize how much better this thing is gonna be...

tbh though, it wouldn't ever make sense for me to go to this over sudden death simply because of distance, but i was planning on chilling with foxlisk since we're homies... also i pretty much hate all new york smashers so if i do go me and you can smoke cigars and talk about how awful they are together

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Its cool. I dun hate nyc smashers. I think that we run tourneys much better up here thats all. nyc smash is where i got my smash legs haha so theres no hate just more to be desired from tourneys ran in the area. nyc smashers arent everyones cup of tea.

foxlisk is cool. hes improved alot lately too.

Haha good stuff letting nova know whats up. our **** is almost always done by 8-9ish. Im a pool nazi. dat distance though lol. ive made the drive from here to there and its a long one.

Hopefully seeya there

S l o X

Smash Champion
If Mahone and company go, I'm down to 5$ money match all of them. This is probably the first tournament I'm going to where I'll have a decent amount of money and I'm more than willing to make more off of it. :troll:

It'd be amazing to have you guys though, especially you Mahone. Was really fun playing you down there and I was sad you didn't go to the smashfest afterwards.

If Mafia doesn't want to team with me, anyone down? I'm looking to play Fox or Falcon.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Ya, i don't really like mms, but i will if u really want the mm pressure and setting. Ya was fun playing you to, i didn't know that you were going to be at the smashfest after, i got the impression that it was just going to be the same people i always see so i didn't go, my bad, i would have definitely gone if i knew you guys were going

i should really stop posting in this thread since i don't even think i have the gas money to make the round trip

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
If Mahone and company go, I'm down to 5$ money match all of them. This is probably the first tournament I'm going to where I'll have a decent amount of money and I'm more than willing to make more off of it. :troll:

It'd be amazing to have you guys though, especially you Mahone. Was really fun playing you down there and I was sad you didn't go to the smashfest afterwards.

If Mafia doesn't want to team with me, anyone down? I'm looking to play Fox or Falcon.
pretty sure XYT and Anon bailed so I'm -1 teammate, so I'd probably be down if you need a teammate.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Slox mogwai is a good look.

Trayvon break that controller in. I also have another one thats been getting broken in but still has that new crisp feel. We dun want any controller johns =)

S l o X

Smash Champion
I can throw 10$ towards the GET MAHONE HERE fund. Not sure if that helps at all.

I'm really hyped for this. I feel like I'm finally going to be able to beat people in this game.

Top Bottom