• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The MKGD: The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
Ryugi also uses Mario, I'm not sure which one he mains though.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Can anyone refer me to Meta Knight's current MU's and his best stages?
Also, which thread expresses the rules of stages? (Banning, Striking, etc.)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yo, thought you should all know that the UK calls your signature combo the 'Swan Lesson'.

The reason for this is that at a past national where (sadly) the venues internet bugged out and we lost that particularly part of the tournament. A British MK named NW took one of the top french players to Duck Hunt, he 0-deathed the french guy so fast with the combo that the french player had already lost a stock and the crowd was still hyping about the song (oddly enough, it was swan lesson). It's long since stuck and not only do we call the combo the swan lesson, but the stream setup is required to have swan lesson as the only song on the stage!

Also it birthed this wonderfully crappy drawing, which I think you deserve to see
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLmDR_zWgAEvAnn.jpg

tyro8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tyro888
Can anyone refer me to Meta Knight's current MU's and his best stages?
Also, which thread expresses the rules of stages? (Banning, Striking, etc.)
Our best stages are Halberd, Smashville, T&C, BF, Duck Hunt our only not that good stage is FD, Delfino is meh but if u dont want to risk dying early is ur decision the striking of stages depends of the tourney

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
We like low ceilings
We like floaties, snails, and big characters

We don't like high ceilings
We don't like characters who can exploit our neutral

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
We like low ceilings
We like floaties, snails, and big characters

We don't like high ceilings
We don't like characters who can exploit our neutral
So, what are the common tourney characters that MK does well at? I know Mk can do okay against Sheik... If not, then I am going to have a hard time...

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
MK isn't particularly good against Sheik, ZSS is also tough, but he beats Rosa and Mario and is more or less even with the rest of the best characters.

tyro8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tyro888
jeez the falcon MU is hard i have a friend that i a really good falcon the pressure and the speed but went i got him out stage i got like 3 dairs and the third one was a semispike like the 2 dairs got him there and the third one destroyed him

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Smash 4 tournament in 2 days...
Is Dream Land 64 good for us? Very low ceilings...

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
Ito just beat Larry 3-2, holy moly. Couldn't really watch it cause there was some other tourney going on that was a tad more important...

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Ito just beat Larry 3-2, holy moly. Couldn't really watch it cause there was some other tourney going on that was a tad more important...
Leo also won his tournament.

Beat Hyuga and beat a Sonic that beat Hyuga.

Ito got 2nd at that regional, Larry got him back in GF.

Last edited:

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
Soo.. Anyone noticed this random glitch (?) Where doing an UpB gives you a random 1% more? And I'm not taking about doing it too high or too low, but perfectly on the middle of the screen. I don't know what are the conditions for it so I cant reblcate it sadly.

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
Numbers round in this game. You were probably dealing with decimals rounding.
But it only happens when I play MK and when I do an UpB.. At first I thought I was just seeing things but then even my friends noticed that random 1% that I get sometimes when I UpB.

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
Been gone for a while.

someone said final destination is a bad stage for meta knight. that's absolutely not true I actually think it's one of the better nights better stages. this is because it's easier to set up combos on FD than any other stage, especially jab lock combos. in fact none of the stages are particularly bad for us except when were going against ZSS, in which case never go battlefield or dreamland.

Last edited:

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
Except those do not exist.

Also, I would advise people consider stages on a per match up basis than what is good for the character.
exactly, what you really want to be doing is picking stages that will give you the biggest advantage, and baNning stages that would give you the biggest disadvantage. for instance playing on final destination is probably safer than playing on smashVille against sheik

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I do not think MK has overall bad stages, but some can get potentially bad depending on the matchup.
:196:

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
First time doing an option select in a real match today.
An F-tilt in respond to a luma autocancel. It feels good and bad at the same time..

My friend is soo ahead
His option selects cover like 3 options and I can barely manage this simple one. Which is basically: run>perfect shield a thing>drop shield and attack

Guess I'll never make it to the complicated ones if I don't manage the simpler ones. :c

Edit: so yeah, I got motivated to practice different things. Obvious answer to start with after side and down tilt was UpB. Here ya go. UpB option select: https://twitter.com/steelballray/status/657466834313199616

Last edited:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
9th out 69 last night. Stacked ass bracket for sure.

http://smashboards.com/threads/smashfield-weeklies-12-smash-4-singles-10-22-15.421321/

All :4metaknight: . Got another PR win this week so that was cool. Luigi is so much less stressful now.

We are nearing the end of this season and I'm told my chances for being PR'ed are very good this time around. Idc if I am or not but it would be pretty cool. I got a few more events before the season ends so lets see what I can do.

Last edited:

Magnemite

Smash Cadet
Just went to my third ever tourney, got 3rd out of 25 with solo MK. Our locals are pretty small (this was a big turnout for us lol) but I'm still happy with how I did. I even 2-0ed the 4th ranked player in our PR and almost beat the 2nd ranked player, which was cool. Also I have learned that green mk is best mk, I have converted from galacta / edgy.

Top Bottom