• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The MKGD: The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
Just letting everyone know that most of Aba's matches from TBH5 are now linked in the video thread, including his hype set vs. ANTi. There are still a couple missing but I may add them if I see them get uploaded.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Let's keep it simple and just call it the "Slap Chop"

Hi it's MK with Slap Chop
You’re gonna be in a great mood all day
Cuz’ you’ll be slapping your troubles away with the Slap Chop
It’s like slapping your troubles away with the Slap Chop
1 stock, 2 stock, 3 stock in what?
Five Slaps?
Four, Five, Shuttle Loop it's done!
Put the Slap Chop right there
Just put the Slap Chop right there
Their stock's at the low percent
The stock comes right off!
And now look at this
When you add Rage
The more you do it
The finer it gets!
Guys were gonna make America salty again
One slap at a time.

How about we focus on actually being able to do said combo consistently instead of naming it? Especially when Abadango is putting all of us to shame who have been playing the character much longer.
Nah it needs a name so we can stop calling it the long-winded "Dash Attack to 5 Up-Airs to Up-B"
This combo also hasn't been figured out fully for too horribly long. Aba's perfecting it as quickly as any top MK.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Unfortunately the best one thus far is Shaya's suggestion.

And I have my doubts that Aba had figured it out properly. Salena on my observation understands it, particularly its limitations.

Magnemite

Smash Cadet
"You're my *****: the combo" is by far the best suggestion so far

Last edited:

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Luckily I didn't even try to name the combo lol. I had some terrible idea that even I myself think is terrible and I'll go to hell for that ;(

Why don't we just call it Uair String for the sake of simplicity?

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Honestly, I've always liked it when people referred to it as the "Strairway to Heaven" combo, but I'm a Led Zeppelin fan, so bias. lol

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Yesterday I watched Ito on stream. He makes the Rosa MU look so free!! D:

I haven't played a decent or a zoning Rosa ever, so I guess when I play one I'll lose miserably, or if I remember perfectly what Ito does to get in, I should be fine

Ulevo

Smash Master
It's a good thing people are discussing names for combos instead of advancing the character. We would not want our priorities to beout of sorts.

99% of you should not 'like' this in response because odds are you are the ones I am referring to.

tyro8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tyro888
legit i have problems with rosaluma too im onna have to study Ito vs fallcn in The indigo plateau to understand the MU better i lose horribly to her luma is just everywhere omg and add me to the skype group my skyme name is " neiko8o "

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It just so happens to be a waste of time.

I would not have this as a criticism if players were actively contributing to discussions, be it here or on Skype, but that is not the case.
You could always try to find more usages for drill rush, tornado; a full run down of all immediate options on opponents from every throw taking into consideration DI, footstool shenanigans, investigate more ways to find kills with up smash.

Ulevo

Smash Master
You could always try to find more usages for drill rush, tornado; a full run down of all immediate options on opponents from every throw taking into consideration DI, footstool shenanigans, investigate more ways to find kills with up smash.
Oh. I am already doing this.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I was thinking if with the new shield mechanics it's actually possible to do a somewhat safe shield pressure with tilts mixups, kinda like in Brawl... Not that sure tbh, and I can't even test myself until maybe tomorrow in friendlies before the tourney.
Any input on this? I really don't know if it could work or not, but for some reason I'm guessing it won't ;(

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Ito doesn't kill Luma enough, the man runs past the thing he even looks at it then turns away.Game 3 and GF he starts patching up this problem(should actually time stamp the tournament so others can see). The MU is different in this patch, Luma isn't as safe on block anymore and tactics such as rolling back and forth until Luma comes back is weaker due to rolls getting nerfed once more. Nair and FF Bair are not safe on block, Nair is the safest of the 2. Max range Dtilt is relatively safe, F-Smash is a thing of beauty, dash attack is punishable by certain characters with above average ground speed + burst mobility but its harder to punish now.

tyro8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tyro888
gonna ask u guys like in the 3ds days did any of yall could kill with the u air combo? cuz i have been testing it a lot and i cant get the kill maybe is just me i know 3ds is not that important but i would have to use it until i get wii u on december lol

tyro8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tyro888
ye i know that but i heard is not that big of a change but welp. actually for the peps that say that mk wouldnt be as good without his exploit and i still keep getting solid wins lol
EDIT: i just tested it and omg there is a 10% differential on FD for u throw kills and there is a 7% differential in duck hunt now it makes sense but in yoshi island u throw kills at 172% meaning that i can kill with u air to up b so im gonna have to practice that

Last edited:

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
So my brother was playing FG and he met one guy who is kinda eally good in my city. I took the controller and played against him and of course played MK cause I can't play anything else. He played with some characters like Falco and Ganon. I told him to bring his Bowser Jr. Since its his main but he kept playing with Ganon and other trashs and I kept winning. One game he switched to Jr. , two stocked me and left.

I'm so salty ;-; I'm easily downloaded since I play nothing but MK and my neutral is too straightforward while he has many characters. He also did the same thing last time we met. I played for a night with him and some others and he only decided to bring Jr. When he was about to leave.

Maaaan.. I really need to get less predictable, learn the MUs for them unknown characters and maybe pocket something... Just anything to keep me away from being someone so easily read. :[

tyro8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tyro888
So my brother was playing FG and he met one guy who is kinda eally good in my city. I took the controller and played against him and of course played MK cause I can't play anything else. He played with some characters like Falco and Ganon. I told him to bring his Bowser Jr. Since its his main but he kept playing with Ganon and other trashs and I kept winning. One game he switched to Jr. , two stocked me and left.

I'm so salty ;-; I'm easily downloaded since I play nothing but MK and my neutral is too straightforward while he has many characters. He also did the same thing last time we met. I played for a night with him and some others and he only decided to bring Jr. When he was about to leave.

Maaaan.. I really need to get less predictable, learn the MUs for them unknown characters and maybe pocket something... Just anything to keep me away from being someone so easily read. :[
I would say that we can mix up ur neutral a lot like using pp extended dash dance running and shield approaching with dair and if u wanna risk it u can aproach with nado then it just becomes the mindgames and for me is so easy o punish bowser Jr bike thing u can kill him if he does that with bair ik he can fake it out but still one time he has to throw it out

Twiranitar

Smash Cadet
Does this make the uair combo impossible to do on the 3DS version? I only have the 3DS version, and I won't be getting the Wii U version.
No, it doesn't. I only have the 3DS version, and every MK combo works fine. Maybe there are some situations where you might not get the kill because of the higher ceiling, but nothing to worry about.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
What % is the dash attack uair uair up-b on sheik guaranteed/near true?
That kind of depends on the stage. Usually, the "slap chop" will work depending on the character as well. I can test it for you soon.
Ok. I just now tested it. So far, 1 dash attack to 1 up air to up b will kill at 80% at Omega Battlefield. However this is only training. If you want to try this on someone, be sure to consider what your own % is, and how they will DI or vector, whatever it is called. If someone here can correct me, please do so.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I got 2nd out of an 86 entrants tournament. I lost to the best player in Brazil, Player 7, who uses Sheik.
In Grand Finals I managed to play better than on Winner's Finals and took a game. The best Link in Chile was also there and he got 4th. He said my Ike is better which I feel is true since I practiced online a lot and I don't use MK online so much.

Hopefully in December or so I'll have more time to practice MK. Abadango has been pulling out the combos so cleanly he makes MK look like Ice Climbers where one punish = one KO.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Speaking of grand master abadango sama, 2 Japanese metaknights are confirmed for genisis 3. Jamurai said on skype that the players are called "lucia and ryugi". Their names don't ring a bell at all.

Last edited:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I've heard of Lucia. Last video I saw was months ago and he was solid. Wonder how much better he is now. I've seen videos on Shi G. The other one....no clue.

Top Bottom