• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The MKGD: The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
1.1.0 MK's sword-trails seem to be tighter on F-Tilt, F-Air, & B-Air. I can't get the sword trails to touch the foe without actually hitting them. In fact the 3rd hit of F-Air's hitbox is longer than the sword-trail makes it out to be.

Edit: D-Smash too. It took 10 patches but MK no longer has moves that are shorter than their sword-trails.

Edit 2: Up-Smash has sword-trails to the sides now, making it more accurate to the move itself.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Guys, I feel like such a failure for having to ask this but if we spammed dtilt did it move us before? It did that back in Brawl and it's doing it now but I don't recall it doing that before.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
So, how's the Meta Knight bandwaggoning going?
I haven't seen the guys who I play with, still they've never been that kind of guys(at least in Brawl didn't happen), but as there are a lot of new players I'm betting at least 3 of them will start playing MK now lol.
They won't last even a month, MK is not that easy to play, and I say easy because somehow having played as Brawl MK helped me to know a bit... Still it's not that easy for me to do everything. The fact that I don't have a console and can't go to play that often makes it IMPOSSIBLE for me to practice anything, I just copy what I see good players do.

AmishTechnology

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KIMPHIE
TBH, I feel like my Falco does so much better against campy/projectile-based/flat out slow characters like ROB, Robin, Samus, Megaman, etc. But for the rest of the cast (especially high tiers), Meta Knight's speed and overall "betterness" as a character just makes him so much more of a competitive pick for me, there are just some things Falco cannot do such as recover against gimps, tech chase a dead turtle, EZ kill setup vs smart players using actually good characters like Sheik and ZSS, etc.

My wired internet has become better. My wireless internet has become worse... gah, can't play lagless games on my Wii U anymore I guess, maybe I have to reset the modem.

Oh and new 1.10 discovery guys, Meta Knight is literally S-tier, the patch notes told me so.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
When you get hit during shuttle loop (mainly the first loop) when you land you suffer from landing lag. It was on cape 2 or 3 paches ago but they fixed it.

Mk got little buffs in this patch, up smash looks and connects smaller characters better(still whiffs kirby and pikachu).

Edit: tournament mode is so casual omg

Last edited:

NoPLo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NoploSnowman
Hi! So I was wondering, Meta Knight hitboxes matching animations, does that mean his hitboxes got bigger, or his animations got smaller? I'll assume it's the second case... Which is not a nerf so that's ok I guess.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
His animations got smaller. It's not really a buff or a nerf. Just something that shoulda been fixed a long time ago.

Few things drove me more nuts than spacing Down Smash perfectly just to have it whiff lol

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Shout out to Sonic's Down/Back throw,F-smash and Down smash getting nerfed. :]

And Fox losing that busted jab, should've went the same patch Link lost his.

Edit: MK hype is finished no more sheep, the patch gave other chars the spotlight like Frog and our sidekick Robin. Yay!

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
I think it's only been confirmed that Sonic's forward smash has been nerfed. If his down throw, back throw, and down smash got nerfed again, dear god...

ZTD | TECHnology

Shout out to Sonic's Down/Back throw,F-smash and Down smash getting nerfed. :]

And Fox losing that busted jab, should've went the same patch Link lost his.

Edit: MK hype is finished no more sheep, the patch gave other chars the spotlight like Frog and our sidekick Robin. Yay!

A LOT of characters got changed this patch so I think we'll lose a lot of the sheep. The Robin hype is pretty real. Robin was pretty popular until it was realized she/he was ass. Now they get a combo throw and people like "Oooh shiny!".

Great patch for us so far. I was still hoping for a Fair lag reduction though <_<. But these cosmetic (but needed) changes on Meta Knight being the sole changes made (oh I guess Up-Tilt) suggest that MK probably isn't changing anytime soon. If he does, it'll be minor stuff.

Last edited:

busken

Smash Ace
Nothing really changed for us this patch, aside from the animations which was just a cosmetic thing and should've been changed since 1.0.4. I think the sheep are gradually going away, but I still see guests on the pages so not completely.

Sneaky boy Nick

Smash Journeyman
I could see metaknight getting buffed again on the grounds that the game is balanced for middle level skill and Metaknight has the one of the highest learning curves in the game

warionumbah2

Smash Master
All the sheeps are gonna main Luigi since he's more braindead easy as ever. good going sakurai.

developers are kinda scared of buffing MK because muh brawl(Marth was almost as dumb in that game yet he's getting buffs left and right), every buff was small but they had a use this utilt buff is hella situational and borderline unnoticeable. We'll see when the data dumpers arrive.

Last edited:

ZTD | TECHnology

I'm a bit annoyed.

It seems like the story of my career so far in this game is: "Just outside of where I want to be".

Last season we ranked up to 12 in our state. I was just outside of that.

This season I am within that range and they drop the rankings down to 10 despite our scene being huge. The bottom of the PR is somewhat inconsistent because theres like 20 people who all beat each other constantly and it makes things crazy. Despite the general skill level of our scene growing rapidly, the PR shrinks down. Getting really tired of being looked at like a second tier player. And I know there's a of bunch of PR players who look down on me. Getting sick of this.

I have mixed feelings. I don't necessarily fuel myself with "I'll show you ****ers, I'm the best" because that could lead to more stress. But the desire to get up there is higher than it ever has been <_<

Last edited:

busken

Smash Ace
I'm a bit annoyed.

It seems like the story of my career so far in this game is: "Just outside of where I want to be".

Last season we ranked up to 12 in our state. I was just outside of that.

This season I am within that range and they drop the rankings down to 10 despite our scene being huge. The bottom of the PR is somewhat inconsistent because theres like 20 people who all beat each other constantly and it makes things crazy. Despite the general skill level of our scene growing rapidly, the PR shrinks down. Getting really tired of being looked at like a second tier player. And I know there's a of bunch of PR players who look down on me. Getting sick of this.
Get good then. If you are truly good and truly dominate nobody would undermine your accomplishments and success. I don't see why you are getting flustered when you're the only one that's limiting yourself. I personally am not happy where I'm at in my smash endeavors but I've realized that it's only me who's stopping my growth. Even if the PR in your state are inconsistent, that's not an excuse for how you are looked at. Practice, go to tournaments and dominate. Take every loss seriously, and strive to improve. Don't settle for anything short of your goals.

Ironically, your main says it himself "You've much yet to learn"

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
At least Fair is a better edgeguard tool, after the visual adjustments its a really good move(i can finally aim properly) and to top it all of Fairs final hit has more range than the sword trails show.

This move also scales alot in rage, nothing compared to Bair but hey. Fair trades the power for range.

Wish it linked better and of course wished i could sh fair in neutral. Sadly everyone is riding our tip telling us how great and high tier MK is, japan is very optimistic about MK unlike Marth and Ike therefore they'll get buffed over MK. Sad times, at least the characters that got buffed aren't posing a threat(other than DKs busted cargo throw to Uair).

Last edited:

busken

Smash Ace
I actually think if we don't need autocanceled f-air. I like MK the way he is. Besides are aerials are great. Nair is amazing for edgeguarding. Bair is a combo extender due to it's autolink angle and is guranteed of ledge trump. Uair is a kill confirm into Up-B and can combo into itself many times. Fair isn't anything really special but our aerials are amazing as is. I wanted buffs on jabs and tilts and over the patches, that's exactly what we got. I'm happy with MK.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Fair being half as good as it was in Brawl would be nice tho. It would undoubtedly put him up there with Top Tiers.

Sneaky boy Nick

Smash Journeyman
I just wish people didn't fall out his forward air. Sometimes I try to edge guard and I get 1 hit and fall past them.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I just wish people didn't fall out his forward air. Sometimes I try to edge guard and I get 1 hit and fall past them.
I don't really have this problem

idk I don't really think it would be overbuffing MK if he got an autocancel fair. It does 7%. Diddy fair auto cancels and deals 10%. Marth fair same thing. it would just give MK another spacing tool

Meatbag

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KeithSprings
Didn't his fair autolink a few patches ago? I remember smash corner showing how you can get a %40 combo off of it

Top Bottom