• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Mii Fighter Thread: Where You and Mii Can Talk! Mii Fighter Social!

Junahu

Smash Ace
Hmm... really, I think it depends on how complicated the customisation is. At lower levels it could work, but I would like it a lot less. Too complicated means casual gamers with a bunch of friends over for Smash Bros aren't gonna wanna watch their friends spend an hour making their own character before a fight.
True, customisation is primarily a single person affair. But customisation also slots in very neatly with a good online infrastructure. Kid Icarus Uprising had a surprisingly deep system of customisation that carried over between single player and multiplayer modes

Speculator

Smash Ace
I'm indifferent to Miis. If they're in, cool, if they're not, I won't lose any sleep over it. I think they're neat, I've really grown fond of them thanks to Nintendo Land and Pilotwings, but I don't consider them classic Nintendo icons and I don't think they need to be represented in Smash as any matter of urgency. I'd be fine with just having the Miis saved on the Wii U or 3DS appear in a Nintendo Land stage.

If they do get in, though, I don't think they should have customisable movesets. That would get complicated, fast. They would be better off with a moveset done in the same way as Mr. Game & Watch's - moves inspired by all the games they've famously appeared in (the Wii series, that sort of thing).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm indifferent to Miis. If they're in, cool, if they're not, I won't lose any sleep over it. I think they're neat, I've really grown fond of them thanks to Nintendo Land and Pilotwings, but I don't consider them classic Nintendo icons and I don't think they need to be represented in Smash as any matter of urgency. I'd be fine with just having the Miis saved on the Wii U or 3DS appear in a Nintendo Land stage.

If they do get in, though, I don't think they should have customisable movesets. That would get complicated, fast. They would be better off with a moveset done in the same way as Mr. Game & Watch's - moves inspired by all the games they've famously appeared in (the Wii series, that sort of thing).
This. So much this!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I second this.
Miis... the modern g&w. :awesome:

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yeah, I wish this idea of Miis with a customizable moveset would go away. It all started just because of misunderstanding/poor translations of early information. There's no reason they can't be like any other character moveset-wise. Just you'd change their face. WHATEVER if newbies are going on about it even now I guess it's no use trying to stomp it out. At least I haven't seen much of "exclusive roster" suggestions anymore.

Also I must be one of the few... DEADSET Mii supporters.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Come to think of it, does anybody feel the same way about maybe an Animal Crossing villager being a better option for a visually customisable character? There could be a default one, but if you have a copy of New Leaf then it could take the appearance of your character from that. It could certainly work on the 3DS version. Maybe there could be a way to upload it to the Wii U version, too.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Come to think of it, does anybody feel the same way about maybe an Animal Crossing villager being a better option for a visually customisable character? There could be a default one, but if you have a copy of New Leaf then it could take the appearance of your character from that. It could certainly work on the 3DS version. Maybe there could be a way to upload it to the Wii U version, too.
I wonder which one is more iconic. Since Sakurai didn't include the AC villager in Brawl, citing the non-violence, I doubt.

:phone:

Speculator

Smash Ace
I wonder which one is more iconic. Since Sakurai didn't include the AC villager in Brawl, citing the non-violence, I doubt.
That's true. Then again, I never thought of ROB as being particularly violent either.

D

Deleted member

I don't mind Mii being playable. He will play like Sackboy from Playstation All Stars.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't mind Mii being playable. He will play like Sackboy from Playstation All Stars.
That'd actually be pretty sweet. Sackboy's my favorite fighter in PSASBR.

grizby2

Smash Lord
i just don't know about mii's . if they had more individual personallity, then i might embrace the idea a bit more. :T

thats what catches my eye the most!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since they are a representation of you, they have just as much personality as you

Unless THAT is the problem...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The Miis are a must. It's Nintendo's thing now. Theyre on the Wii, the Wii U, and the 3DS. They represent so much of current Nintendo. It's the new ROB.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I would love to play as myself lol

I'm thinking in the 3DS version which sounds may be heavily focused on customization and possibly take some ideas from the fantastic Kid Icarus Uprising could have Miis use custom movesets according to your choosing. However, this would break Sakurai's concept of having Smash Bros being a simple and accesible fighter. Who knows, but I'd love to play as my Mii. The 3DS has really spoiled me as well as Wii U with their ever so strong presence.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't think the Miis will be playable, flat out. I do not. But, they definitely should be.

final lap

Smash Journeyman
The reveal trailer will start out as a reveal trailer for Miyamoto, before introducing Sakurai and Reggie and maybe others as newcomers. They are fighting on a stage-like arena. Then finally the camera pans around the other way to face the entire crowd. "Newcomer: ...and YOU!!" The crowd is completely silent, while one of the Miis in the crowd points at himself and looks around. (as if to say "who.. me?")

Then the entire crowd of Miis charges onto the stage and everyone beats the crap out of each other.

I had two ideas Nintendo can do if they first show this vid during a show such as E3.
a) Invite the entire audience up on stage. Although this idea is a bit silly.
b) When the vid gets up to the part where it faces the crowd of Miis, the stagelights turn to face the crowd. (and maybe change color) (and maybe actors posing as a cameramen turn to face the crowd when they were previously recording the stage) I think this is an excellent idea.

I think this will happen. Mark my words. Get your cokes ready.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
Have you guys ever considered Miis an important part of Nintendo's history? Not an argument, but just asking.
Of course. Nintendo's recent history is just as important as their less recent history. The Miis played a massive part in the story of the Wii and continue to do so for the Wii U and 3DS (the consoles we'll be playing this game on). Miis are pretty much the face of the current era of Nintendo becoming virtually a second mascot alongside Mario.

If you're just judging whether a character should be in the game in terms of historical importance then the Miis are one of the few Nintendo characters left that HAVE to get in IMO. For that reason (alongside how fun being able to play as 'yourself' would be), they're one of the characters I'm really hoping make it.

Customisable movesets for the Miis seems a bit of contentious issue, but I'd be content if they simply had a set moveset like every other character, and the only thing you customised was their name and appearance.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
By everything that is Holy and Mighty, please don't, don't, DON'T make the Mii playable in Smash 4.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I see you already have a unique header thing in the OP Junahu, so whether or not you want to use this is totally up to you, but I thought I might as well post it anyway:

[collapse=Mii OP Banner]

Direct link:
http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg519/nthreeon/SSB4 Newcomers/MiiHeader_zps4789cb49.png
[/collapse]
Anyway, I've probably said this before in this thread, but while they Miis definitely deserve playability, and they have enough to work with, and they would find popularity somewhere, I hope they're not playable.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Mii's do function as a historical character much like G&W and ROB. All three represent an evolution in how Nintendo hooks in its audience.

However, I am not sure if Mii's could visually fit in with Smash. Every eye choice, smile, hairstyle, ect. would have to be updated to fit the art style of the new game.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I really like the idea of a custom character for Smash. Though I would prefer an full fledged character creator I do think the Mii's would work. The reason I would want it is because I want to make characters I wouldn't be available in Smash.

Nester (Nintendo Power)
Captain N (TV series, Comics)
Miyamoto
Sakurai
Yourself

The neat thing about Mii's is that you can import them into a game like NSMBWU and so they should have some flexibility on the types of moves they can use.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion

i feel the series does very much deserve the rep. but it's got it's own set of problems as well. if it happens great, if it doesnt oh well

volbound1700

Smash Master
I have a feeling the Miis wouldn't be a part of a reveal, they would be a secret unlockable like ROB.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Before Brawl I would have said HELL **** NO!

But like Waluigi, they have grown on me. I think they deserve a shot.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
sakurai has mentioned before how hard it is to fit all the characters in a game together while keeping a semi- consistent style. They had to do things like add detailed textures to mario's overalls.He can't really work with a mii. The ugly blocky face and smooth oddly metallic clothes just cannot fit in. I'm hoping ('cuase honestly I'd rather not have Mii's in the game) that would be one of the reasons to not include them.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I said one of the reasons. The other could be simply they're not likable characters. Their games that show off the wii's capabilities and inspire old people around the world may be popular. But honestly the Mii itself isn't that great at all.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I said one of the reasons. The other could be simply they're not likable characters. Their games that show off the wii's capabilities and inspire old people around the world may be popular. But honestly the Mii itself isn't that great at all.
Doesn't really matter. They are still important to Nintendo currently.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I see Miis being the hardware rep like Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B.

D

Deleted member

If Mii's get in, I can only imagine the massive amount of butt hurt "hardcore" Nintendo fans that will show up to rant about how Mii's "ruined" Smash. It will be glorious and it will be hilarious.

Top Bottom