• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Mii Fighter Thread: Where You and Mii Can Talk! Mii Fighter Social!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's not even like Miis HAVE to be executed casually? As a character, they can be as complicated as Fox or Snake, or Metaknight, or whatever.

TreK

Is "that guy"
It would be supercool to have Miis. I would totally have my Darth Vader Mii bring doom on my Raving Rabbid Mii and that would be so much fun.

If Miis are into SSB4, there are basically five options :
-A single moveset for every mii
-A moveset for each 'class' of mii (lightweights, mediums, heavies, depending on their size)
-A fully customizable moveset
-A couple specific movesets to chose from when you upload the mii to your save (sword, magic, and boxing, basically)
-A couple movesets to chose from that will mimmick other humanoid characters with a few tweaks, so the mii will be like a Falcon clone or whatever.

I'd be happy with any of these except the first I guess. Miis are by essence a customized character, I'd expect to feel it by the way it plays, you see what I mean ? The Mario Kart Wii example is a good one.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Has everyone considered the problem with having a character whose defining feature is its customizeable face? You wouldn't be able to see that face very clearly at all due to the side-on perspective. Miis are primarily designed to be recogniseable from a front-on perspective.
This is actually one of the reasons why I wanted to push for a customizable Mii moveset, so different Mii players could be differentiated and personalised in a way that didn't require squinting at a partially visible face.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
To be honest, I can see Miis in the next game, but not custom moves, all of them will be the same. maybe heavyweights move slower but do more damage and vice versa with lighter Miis. no offense to fat or anorexic people.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Has everyone considered the problem with having a character whose defining feature is its customizeable face? You wouldn't be able to see that face very clearly at all due to the side-on perspective. Miis are primarily designed to be recogniseable from a front-on perspective.
This is actually one of the reasons why I wanted to push for a customizable Mii moveset, so different Mii players could be differentiated and personalised in a way that didn't require squinting at a partially visible face.
That's a pretty good point. I've always thought that despite how RIGHT they feel, there would be some notable issues with their implementation. I'm quite certain their body will be made from scratch. The head though, will stick out like a sore thumb. Some don't think that's a problem, considering Smash adds so many characters from so many different visual STYLES, but while that's TRUE, Sakurai also strives for a sense of consistency in the style of Smash.

Is it a problem that would completely bar the Mii? Not sure. I believe the problem you brought up could be SORT OF FIXED by having the Miis face more toward the camera, so it's not a complete DEAD-ON profile view of their head. Their attacks, too, would have them face toward the camera most of the time. Any time it's possible.

Sometimes I question why I expect them so much, when I'm one of the ones that goes into their problems the most it seems.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Well they could probably make their idle animation face the camera like Kenshi in MK Deception.

If they are always facing the camera, despite it being awkward, it would be good subtle joke to 4th wall breaking since they are supposed to be and stand-in for the player and all that.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Don't be so easily filled with doubts Oasis. That is not at all a problem that would drop the chance of Mii. Having the Mii constantly looking at the screen is not the reason why we were thinking he was likely. The head will be visibly different, and attack animations can involve the Mii facing forward at times.

And when thinking about it, you can see the faces of characters pretty easily in Smash. Now Miis have a really big head and face. Put two and two together.

You can also still pause the game and move the camera to take pictures of your Miis battling the Nintendo characters.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
These guys would be perfect in the possible Character Customization Mode. Imagine a Chuck Norris Mii.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Mii would be so awesome.

Am I the only one who thinks it would be awesome to play as yourself and fight against your favorite Nintendo characters??

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Miis are inevitably going to be in a Smash Bros. game eventually. It is only a matter of time. But yeah, I am kinda sorta for them (although just one moveset please).[COLLAPSE="I would love me some crazy match ups, like this..."]Michael Jordan vs. Mickey Mouse vs. Shigeru Miyamoto vs. Goku
Popeye vs. George Washington vs. Naruto vs. Spider-man
Tiger Woods vs. Paris Hilton vs. Tingle vs. Peter Griffin (aka the characters nobody likes division!!!) :awesome:
Bigfoot vs. Osama bin Laden vs. Chucky (from Child's Play) vs. Wolverine (from X-Men)
Astro Boy vs. Scooby Doo vs. Ray Lewis vs. Winston Churchill
Winnie the Poo vs. Godzilla vs. Freddie Kruger vs. Jack the Ripper (I call this the super murderer's league plus one guest [Godzilla]) :chuckle:
Jerry Rice vs. Jet Li vs. Augumon (the most popular Digimon) vs. Reggie (President of Nintendo of North America)
Batman vs. Iron Man vs. Sailor Moon vs. Bugs Bunny[/COLLAPSE]
Neutral is not what the people want.

The want positive, they want excited! They want enthusiasm
Psycho and I have done this for half a decade, and let me tell you, he is 100% dead on the money right here with this post folks! ;)

Smash Rookie
I'd totally go pro-Mii only if they have an already set movelist. Probably separated by weight (like in Mario Kart Wii) to make some differences. But having a fully customisable movelist seem like a terrible idea imo.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The Mii's have an enormous hurdle to clear. Sakurai aims to have an art style that allows characters from different worlds mesh in a somewhat coherent way for the human eye.

The Mii's have pre-rendered graphics. This is too include every customizable change. In order for the Mii to work, every eyeball, every texture, every choice would have to be remade to fit the fourth Smash installment's vision.

Might be too much work. Other than the hurdle, I definitely see them as a potential "Nintendo History" character in the same vein as G&W and R.O.B.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Two Mii threads make for unnecessary clutter. If wanting or not wanting them to be a thing isn't popular enough for your taste, that's what the Ignore function is for.

I merged these threads, too. Just be civil. Not everyone's gonna agree with you, but, this forum isn't all about agreeing with each other.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
LMAO, my post in 1 thread referring to my post in another now are in the same thread, separated by a post! :laugh:

But yeah, I would love to do a Johnknight1 vs. Oasis_S vs. Starphoenix vs. Holder of the Hell Mii battle. Only the Strongest will Survive!!! (ME!!!)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I have no regrets.

I've always expected the Miis would wear a fighter's gi with an undershirt to reflect their original shirt's color, while the gi itself would be where Smash's palette swaps come from.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
But yeah, I would love to do a Johnknight1 vs. Oasis_S vs. Starphoenix vs. Holder of the Hell Mii battle. Only the Strongest will Survive!!! (ME!!!)
John, you're sickly. There's no way you can handle my Heels.

Oasis on the other hand, he'll drop his giant glasses and step on them.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I will beat your heels with real manly kilts skirts! COME AT ME (SMASH?) BRO!!!

Johnknight1 Mii and Bob Dole Mii vs. Holder of the Heel Mii and Ghirahim of the Hell Mii (who isn't playable in Smash WiiU or 3DS). :troll:

This needs to happen. We're hyping it, starting.... NOWWWWWW!!!!!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's weird how Iwata says this, when one of the first things Miis ever did, was get punched up in Wii Sports Boxing.
In that context, it was competitive boxing, not fighting with boxing like you would with karate or kung fu in the street. There is a difference. Just ask people who've done sport TKD and regular TKD.

On topic, I'm against Miis as playable characters. Taking into account the restrictions Nintendo has on the Miis, I think they're more suitable for background characters or as online avatars than as a playable character. Besides, if you wanted to make them the custom character feature, it would look like crap compared to every other customization feature out there.

Junahu

Smash Ace
In that context, it was competitive boxing, not fighting with boxing like you would with karate or kung fu in the street. There is a difference. Just ask people who've done sport TKD and regular TKD.

On topic, I'm against Miis as playable characters. Taking into account the restrictions Nintendo has on the Miis, I think they're more suitable for background characters or as online avatars than as a playable character. Besides, if you wanted to make them the custom character feature, it would look like crap compared to every other customization feature out there.
The context may be different, but in Wii Sports Boxing, in order to throw a punch you literally have to throw a punch. Once you have kids physically punching eachother via their miis, it's hard to justify not using them in a fantasy beat em up setting (one with minimal physical motion input).

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
And you know what happens when you knock them off?if your punch is powerful enough they do a backflip,and a powerful punch also does a wave,slowmotion,and a loud hit noise.
Actually,Smash looks less violent…

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think they'd fit. I mean, they're kind of icons to Nintendo. I actually see them as quite likely.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Just would take time to render every eyeball and mustache in the Smash style. The Mii's would have to be redone to be a character. Every aspect. Could be time consuming. Other than that hurdle, I say they could be a fun character.

But I predict that they will just be an assist, although the game may use the Mii's saved on your system.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Screw you people! Mii would be awesome...but i don't think it should be customizable; it has a very possible moveset composed of Sports Gear, Swords, Gliders and other gizmos that could very well make up for a strong, balanced and useful moveset.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Junahu: you got that reggie joke from me didnt you :troll:

Oh and to tell you the truth i think that you'll be able to put character costumes on your miis :/
Like in mario tennis.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

It's the only way I'm ever going to play as Astro Boy or Kid Goku in Smash. Plus there's so much possibilities and being able to play as your creation would be awesome. 2nd most wanted next to Mega Man and I think Mii's have a good chance of showing up as playable.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One thing I've been thinking about is the height/weight thing. I think there may be three basic sets of height and weight, but only affects things like speed and jump height, power, knockback, etc, and not moves themselves. Just an idea...

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
One of the characters I most loathe the prospect of getting in.

Unlike the others, though, this one I'm actually scared of.

Because with the Miis returning with the new consoles, they're practically an inevitable choice, and will take up Rob/Game & Watch's role of a troll character who represents hardware.
Do people really still consider Mr. G&W and ROB "Troll" characters? They're real characters! Mr. Game & Watch is actually a videogame character! ROB is a well-loved Nintendo peripheral. And the Miis are pretty much videogame characters now, appearing in almost every multiplayer game.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Do people really still consider Mr. G&W and ROB "Troll" characters? They're real characters! Mr. Game & Watch is actually a videogame character! ROB is a well-loved Nintendo peripheral. And the Miis are pretty much videogame characters now, appearing in almost every multiplayer game.
hahah "Troll" Characters....

They're considered (unofficially, I think?) Nintendo "Hardware" Characters.

Game & Watches were Nintendo's first portable gaming devices, and R.O.B was an NES peripheral. They were never considered a specific character until Smash Brothers brought them to life (:

The other characters that fall under "hardware-related" are Miis... umm.. that's all I can think of really.

Unless Sakurai wants to give the "64" logo from Banjo-Kazooie a shot :troll:

In all seriousness, if he doesn't use Miis or Mii's don't count for his "Hardware-related" character slot, he could used it for another "Retro" spot, since G&W and R.O.B are considered retro as well. Maybe Takamaru and Balloon Fighter? Mike Jones? Prince Sable? Muddy Mole?

We can only guess.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I don't want them, really, I hate the idea.
If they're hard-ware characters then they must get in! Lets create a living wii remote or game-cube controller and have them fight Ganondorf! The problem is, is that they will be the only character used online, so I use the actual nintendo characters, and I'm just fighting pixelated versions of the people I beat...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't want them, really, I hate the idea.
If they're hard-ware characters then they must get in! Lets create a living wii remote or game-cube controller and have them fight Ganondorf! The problem is, is that they will be the only character used online, so I use the actual nintendo characters, and I'm just fighting pixelated versions of the people I beat...
*polygonal. Sorry, that was bothering me...

But anyway, there's quite a difference between hardware characters and hardware. Mii=Hardware Character. Wii Remote=Hardware. Wii Remote=/=Hardware Character.

Bdblazen

Smash Cadet
Hey I'm all for miis, I think they have a great chance. I have the feeling that if they have custom moves and such, they wouldn't be allowed to be played as on the online tournaments since obviously people would just make them over powered. And since the 3ds version is supposed to have a more personalized feel with customization, (sakurai did mention lvling up) it would make sense that they be in it. They might be the main character in the story mode!

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Yeah, it seems that the main aspect of the 3DS version is fitting for a Mii, seeing as how you could customize yourself, and then use it to beat up everyone.

Idea: what if the Mii was based around the specials spawning items in their hands? Side+B would make him equip a bat and do the normal side-smash move that bats do, and neutal+B would equip something like a bow and arrow for long-range (just assume it'll be in the game, because I can't think of anything else, OOPS)

He'd be a fighter who would use the items he spawns to do any sort of job you'd want him to do. The negative could be that, if you beat him up enough, he'll drop the item and can't spawn the same one until he picks it back up. However, you can take the item for yourself, taking away one of his options, while giving you more.

Bdblazen

Smash Cadet
Hm,I think you may be going somewhere with the bat and the bow. I always imagined that their moves would be based on the games they were in. So they would probably have a special where they pull out a bat, golf club, tennis racket etc. At random and hit the opponent. They would use the bow for long range since they are in archery. Their third jump (up special) could be their jet pack :bee:

I just hope that it will be the Mii that you created, not some pre made one :urg:

Top Bottom