• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Marth Support Thread - Fire Emblem's First Lord is Confirmed!

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
It doesn't totally confirm him. Ike's only games were on the gamecube and Wii and you can't play those on the virtual console.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Yeah, but they still could have picked so many other Fire Emblem games. they had 3 other choices, but still chose 3. 4 was supposed to be really popular, why didn't they use 4?
Especially since Sakurai stated in his own interviews that 4 was his favorite and that his favorite lord was Sigurd. And before someone inevitably make the argument, yes, FIRE EMBLEM 4 IS ALREADY ON THE JAPANESE VIRTUAL CONSOLE AS OF JANUARY 30TH 2007.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Especially since Sakurai stated in his own interviews that 4 was his favorite and that his favorite lord was Sigurd. And before someone inevitably make the argument, yes, FIRE EMBLEM 4 IS ALREADY ON THE JAPANESE VIRTUAL CONSOLE AS OF JANUARY 30TH 2007.
Hmmm, didn't know that...

The man has good tastes in video games (FE 4 is my favorite video game that I've ever played).

Rakath

Smash Ace
Tonight's update slightly helps Marth (not a lot, since we have stickers from everywhere). But as Marth's girlfriend is in the update as a sticker it makes him a bit better standing.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
Oooh. Bad news for Marth. Not completely terrible, but the list of games on tonights update included Kung fu, Tennis, WIld Gunman, Pinball, games that probably (if not definately,) will not have a representative in Brawl. Which means FE3's presence does not mean MArth is completely confirmed. Not that it did in the first place.

Take comfort in the fact however, that FE3 appeared in the update that mentioned playing as characters in thier first adventures. I'm still very confident that Marth will be in Brawl, but if we are going to analyze Marth's inclusion to every extent, we must take the good and the bad.

Plus, seeing Sheeda as a sticker is a good thing too.

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
Hey, hey, hey! Put me down as a supporter! I've been a fangirl of Marth since "Melee" (he's so handsome and awesome...
), but I've had doubts about his return since the Ike announcment...but the Japanese "Masterpieces" update's made me WAY more optimistic! :chuckle:

Also, I think this is one of THE best topics on the whole forum (I've read this as a guest long ago)! I love seeing all the love for this fantastic character in here.

Oooh. Bad news for Marth. Not completely terrible, but the list of games on tonights update included Kung fu, Tennis, WIld Gunman, Pinball, games that probably (if not definately,) will not have a representative in Brawl. Which means FE3's presence does not mean MArth is completely confirmed. Not that it did in the first place.
About that...:

Smash Bros. Dojo (Boldface mine) said:
Chronicle

This bonus feature lets you peruse Nintendo’s library of past titles. Missing titles in your Chronicle will gradually fill in as you obtain stickers and other things related to those games. (However, there are some titles that will not be displayed until the very end.)
That's just a list of every game that has SOMETHING in "Brawl", be it a Playable Character, Sticker, Trophy, Boss, Assist Trophy, etc.

So chillax, it means nothing! ;)

Take comfort in the fact however, that FE3 appeared in the update that mentioned playing as characters in thier first adventures. I'm still very confident that Marth will be in Brawl, but if we are going to analyze Marth's inclusion to every extent, we must take the good and the bad.
I think that's proof he's in, 'cause they also had "Mother 2"/"Earthbound" in that update...and thanks to that "How To Play" video leak, we know that Ness is returning. :)

Plus, seeing Sheeda as a sticker is a good thing too.
Yeah! ^_^

I hope there's more "Fire Emblem 3" stuff in "Brawl"...I could see Nabarl and Oguma being Assist Trophies, because the former is supposed to be a favorite character of Sakurai's, and the later has been requested by the Japanese to appear.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
With Sheeda being included as a sticker, I'm even more confident now that Marth will be in... though, with her appearance as a sticker, I guess her chances of being an AT are lower now aren't they?
I'm sorry to be against you, but... there was a Joshua sticker in, that also gives chances for Eirika and/or Ephraim?

I don't think that helps at all.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Same with RD Elincia being a trophy, it only shows that Sakurai is fully aware of Radiant Dawn and perhaps increases the chance of a PC from that game but there is no solid proof for any of the sort.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Sakurai is just representing the series as a whole. We've got a new FE Lord. we need an old one. *Cough*Marth*Cough*.

It'd Represent the series better. we could get stickers from every FE Game ever, dosent mean were going to get PCs from every game.

Heck. I saw the little flying dudes from Kirby 64. Dosent mean were getting that painter girl that has only shown up in that Kirby game.'

But Still. Marth 4 Brawl.

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
alright alright! I get it I'm a little overconfident about that, and the sticker doesn't mean jack **** aside from that Sheeda might now be considered "assist trophy unworthy" Marth is still gonna be in!
Yeah, I DO agree that, by itself, the Sheeda sticker doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Still, I was excited to see that, too!

Zevox hasn't updated the thread in months, I don't know why he stopped, if I could, I would have listed a bunch more supporters into the thread... but unfortunately it's beyond my power.
I know, that stinks. :(

He should also definitely add the thing about the Japanese "Masterpieces" update to the original post, too!

DarkDisco

Smash Cadet
NNID
n8RhymesWith
3DS FC
2707-1751-6632
have you all been noticing all of the FE1 references on the japanese half of the Dojo lately? i'm sure marth will be returning anyway, but the foreshadowing is nice.

Zevox

Smash Lord
And at last, he is confirmed:

And apparently, someone with the game already unlocked him too, because I found this on NeoGAF, and those are certainly new images:

Oh, and sorry about not updating this thread in a while, but I've been very busy with school and whatnot, and I've been cutting back on my participation here, trying to stick mostly to the rumors and whatnot to figure out when we get real leaks. I'll edit it for this, though ('fraid I won't be able to update the supporters list given the research I'd need to do to do so, though).

Zevox

Lovely

Smash Lord
There was no real reason to take him out in the first place. I'll main Marth once again in Brawl, yay. :D

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

I just thought you'd be interested in seeing it. The first real clear picture of his face we have.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
HA!

Proven right!!!!

I said from the very beginning, Marth was in, for a variety of reasons, and the Amero-centric brawl community wouldn't believe me!

Japan-centric folks, Japan-centric!

Marth is BACK!

On a side note, I'm 3/4 for my melee mains so far.

Okysho

Smash Ace
AT LONG LAST MY DREAM IS REALIZED! THE GREAT PRINCE HAS RETURNED TO BRAWL!!!

As promised, here is that picture I promised to you all!

The Prince has returned to lead us to victory! There are no words to express my joy! I'll wait forever for brawl now! AT LONG LAST THE PRINCE HAS RETURNED!!!

Top Bottom