• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Marth Support Thread - Fire Emblem's First Lord is Confirmed!

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
ye sheeda can be on the flying horse and dash on people like pit final smash

cmon more supporters!!

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
I just found mention of that over on Serenes Forest myself. Quite cool to hear - I'll add it to that point about his romances. Hopefully FE DS turns out to include the Mystery of the Emblem expansion too, so we can hear all about that (or perhaps if they implement the modern support system Marth could get engaged to either her or other characters in the game... hm...).
can you PLEASE give me a link to this info???

I am a Marth X Sheeda fan.

Zevox

Smash Lord
can you PLEASE give me a link to this info???

I am a Marth X Sheeda fan.
Its mentioned on Serenes Forest (a fan site) as part of the setup info about the new story in Mystery of the Emblem. Here is the link. Its mentioned in the first paragraph - "One year later, as Marth's wedding with Sheeda nears..."

Zevox

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Sheeda looks likes Marth's sister >_>
Thats why i never really liked that relationship
seems like insest o.O

person701

Smash Journeyman
Wow this thread has grown since the 1 day I was gone :psycho:

I'm a supporter of Marth. Brawl needs more swordsman (this is not sarcasm, I just love swords)!
Swords are the best!!!

add me in the support list cuz im starting to hate ike for taking marth and roy out!
Hold up there. Whoever said Math and Roy (though you may be right here) were out.

Marth does indeed need to bring his feminine and metro a** back to brawl.
Yes, improvement would be nice on the design.

Marth's face looks a lot more man-ish this time around.

and is that Sheeda!? dayum! look at that side boob! them things is huge! D:

Marth, and Sheeda's side boob for Brawl!
Better look for Marth.

:chuckle:@ side boob

Zevox

Smash Lord
Yeah, it looks like Nintendo and/or Intelligent Systems decided to be a bit more... ah, generous, if you will, with Sheeda this time around. I mean, compare that image to some of the old official art from Mystery of the Emblem, and theres an obvious difference...

Zevox

T-major

Smash Champion
holy crap! would you look at how big Sheeda's feet are in that old art! D:

but yeah, the epic inflation is obvious (not that thats a bad thing). Japan must make there characters more well endowed too even out the boob levels in there country.

but enough boob comparisons! lets change the subject back to Marth!

.... so Marth must get a lot of ladies, huh? that must means more boobs for him.... wait... crap! this is hard! DDD:

Zevox

Smash Lord
holy crap! would you look at how big Sheeda's feet are in that old art! D:

but yeah, the epic inflation is obvious (not that thats a bad thing). Japan must make there characters more well endowed too even out the boob levels in there country.

but enough boob comparisons! lets change the subject back to Marth!

.... so Marth must get a lot of ladies, huh? that must means more boobs for him.... wait... crap! this is hard! DDD:
Yeah, the feet are a little odd, now that you mention it. And strangely, her hair style has changed as well. Huh - guess they're really serious about updating things in the new remake.

...but yeah, Marth. Anyone have ideas for a potential Final Smash for him? Ike already has one much like Link's, so something different would be nice. An old idea of mine was to give him a sort of "critical strike" one - a one-hit move to a vital piece of his foe's anatomy (think heart, lungs, etc) that did tremendous damage (100-150% was the idea at the time, though seeing how much damage FSs actually do I'd reduce that to 60-100%) but had no knockback. It would render his foe's very vulnerable, but could never actually kill them itself.

Not a bad idea I think, but we could probably do better too. Perhaps he could do like Pit and summon some allies - say Sheeda, Jeigan, and a couple of other characters for a short while? Or perhaps use some magic property of Falchion? Or something else entirely? Ideas?

Zevox

GenG

Smash Lord
Marth is a real pimp.

I hope they update FE1 with a love system. Marth x Chiki is one of the most amusing relationships in the series: She is obsessed with him.

T-major

Smash Champion
I really can't think of a final smash, I haven't played the game, so... Okysho, ideas?

edit: wait, what exactly IS the "Fire Emblem" and what does it do? I know it changes form in every game, but what is it in Marth's game(s)? last I heard it was a shield he needed to be able to use the Falchion (on a side note, wouldn't in make more sense for him to use the shield too, instead of just the sword?)... does it have powers? maybe his final smash could be based around the Fire Emblem?

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
yh they cant dissapoint the "master of smash" can they??

Zevox

Smash Lord
I really can't think of a final smash, I haven't played the game, so... Okysho, ideas?

edit: wait, what exactly IS the "Fire Emblem" and what does it do? I know it changes form in every game, but what is it in Marth's game(s)? last I heard it was a shield he needed to be able to use the Falchion (on a side note, wouldn't in make more sense for him to use the shield too, instead of just the sword?)... does it have powers? maybe his final smash could be based around the Fire Emblem?
In Marth's games, it was a shield, and yes, he needs to have it to wield Falchion (so yes, it would be sensible to give it to him as well). I've not been able to find mention of any other specific powers it has yet, but I can look around.

Zevox

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
by shield what do u mean though resist being smashed away or resist damage or both?

T-major

Smash Champion
by shield what do u mean though resist being smashed away or resist damage or both?
neither actually; we're talking about a literal shield.

in Marth's games the Fire Emblem was a shield (it's form is different in every Fire emblem game), which he needed to wield the Falchion. (thus, it would make sense that he would have it in Brawl if he still has the Falchion).

seeing as it's called the "Fire Emblem" wouldn't in make some sense that it would be related to some sort of Fire element? if so, then I think a huge swirling pillar of fire that surrounds him would be awesome... but only if the Fire emblem actually has fire type abilities (or else it wouldn't make sense. still awesome, would wouldn't make sense)

GenG

Smash Lord

in Marth's games the Fire Emblem was a shield (it's form is different in every Fire emblem game), which he needed to wield the Falchion. (thus, it would make sense that he would have it in Brawl if he still has the Falchion).

seeing as it's called the "Fire Emblem" wouldn't in make some sense that it would be related to some sort of Fire element? if so, then I think a huge swirling pillar of fire that surrounds him would be awesome... but only if the Fire emblem actually has fire type abilities (or else it wouldn't make sense. still awesome, would wouldn't make sense)
The Fire Emblem isn't a fire resistant thing, but rather born from the flames, hence the name. It enhances Marth's stats as you gain orbs and repels dragons. They could make it an actual shield like Link's... Marth doesn't need both hands to use Falchion.

Okysho

Smash Ace

Sorry, I can't really think of anything right now... but I'm going to be honest here, I don't like the Idea of Marth summoning things... it's too... Un-Marthish and makes him seem more like a pansy as if he can't do anything himself, though we all know Marth can stand his ground quite well...

Though, I think it should involve the falchion's special abilities somehow... I can't say I know exactly what, since I haven't beaten the game yet, I've only just started and I'm at ch 8 where you get minerva...

No summoning for Marth, he's too good for that. And that's why I think Sheeda would be better as an AT. And could be like Pitt's final smash, swoop down and do some damage! Espscially with her newly enhanced boobs! Thank you Nintendo!

Okysho

Smash Ace

here's the thing though, Marth uses the falchion in Melee without having that big honkin' Fire Emblem Shield to lug around...

Now that I think about it, isn't the falchion supposed to have magical capabilities?

I seem to recall king Cornelious in the anime using it against garnef... and judging by his confidence, I ge the hint that there's some sort of untapped power in the sword...

Then again, Ike's final smash has nothing to do with Ragnell's power whatsoever... having said that, Nintendo could just come up with something totally awesome that'll blow away and Marth haters with it's amazing power

GenG

Smash Lord
Sorry, I can't really think of anything right now... but I'm going to be honest here, I don't like the Idea of Marth summoning things... it's too... Un-Marthish and makes him seem more like a pansy as if he can't do anything himself, though we all know Marth can stand his ground quite well...

Though, I think it should involve the falchion's special abilities somehow... I can't say I know exactly what, since I haven't beaten the game yet, I've only just started and I'm at ch 8 where you get minerva...

No summoning for Marth, he's too good for that. And that's why I think Sheeda would be better as an AT. And could be like Pitt's final smash, swoop down and do some damage! Espscially with her newly enhanced boobs! Thank you Nintendo!
It would make a lot of sense for Marth to call people for help... you know, that was he did in the games. Marth is like FE9 Sothe being a lord. He was a dependant character unlike most lords and that made Marth's tale a lesson about friendship.

So far, no SSB character can summon important characters. Marth's FS should be about unleashing the true powers of the Falchion. But not a combo thing. Maybe permanent critical hits (great knockback) for a while.

Okysho

Smash Ace
The Fire Emblem isn't a fire resistant thing, but rather born from the flames, hence the name. It enhances Marth's stats as you gain orbs and repels dragons. They could make it an actual shield like Link's... Marth doesn't need both hands to use Falchion.
but he'd still look a lot better without a shield... espcially considering the design of the Fire Emblem... it's not all that pleasing...

I believe this is what it looks like...

Okysho

Smash Ace
It would make a lot of sense for Marth to call people for help... you know, that was he did in the games. Marth is like FE9 Sothe being a lord.

So far, no SSB character can summon important characters. Marth's FS should be about unleashing the true powers of the Falchion. But not a combo thing. Maybe permanent critical hits (great knockback) for a while.
See... It's not that I don't think it should be that way, since it does make sense, I just don't like it because it makes Marth look more like a pansy

Zevox

Smash Lord
Here's Marth with the Fire Emblem by the way:

Not bad - I think I'll put that in the first post. Though it does make me think they probably left it off of him in Melee due to how similar it would look to Link. Its shape is pretty well identical to his Hylian Shield's, and the ruby in the center makes the design somewhat similar too (the Hylian Shield having the Triforce there and all).

Mayhaps his FS could take advantage of Falchion being the "sword of light." I recall that he used its powers to weaken Medeus, so perhaps when he does whatever for his FS, the sword glows and fires off beams of light that damage foes caught in them. Heck, if they did enough damage and went far enough, that could be his FS.

Zevox

Okysho

Smash Ace
Not bad. Though it does make me think they probably left it off of him in Melee due to how similar it would look to Link. Its shape is pretty well identical to his Hylian Shield's, and the ruby in the center makes the design somewhat similar too (the Hylian Shield having the Triforce there and all).

Mayhaps his FS could take advantage of Falchion being the "sword of light." I recall that he used its powers to weaken Medeus, so perhaps when he does whatever for his FS, the sword glows and fires off beams of light that damage foes caught in them. Heck, if they did enough damage and went far enough, that could be his FS.

Zevox
Zevox has spoken, and is yet again probably right! I completely forgot that the Falchion was considered the Sword of Light... Right again zevox! I'm good with your interpretation of His final Smash

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Not bad. Though it does make me think they probably left it off of him in Melee due to how similar it would look to Link. Its shape is pretty well identical to his Hylian Shield's, and the ruby in the center makes the design somewhat similar too (the Hylian Shield having the Triforce there and all).

Zevox
I agree, with that shield, he would be too much like Link. He is fine with just a sword though. (Sword of Light: Hikari no Tsurugi... heh).

I just hope that his look in Brawl is not like his FEDS one... that one is not on my preferences.

Top Bottom