• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The 'Mains' Advice Thread

howbadisbad

Smash Apprentice
I am looking for a main, here is some extra info.

I am looking for the following in a character:
-Usable fair (mario's would count as not usable to me)
-Grab combos or some other option that beats shield is always good at all percents (either puts you in some kind of easy read situation like shiek's Uair/UpB or you just kill them)
-Not too fast, I dont like high input characters
-Good airgame, for some reason i just naturally like to spend time in the air

Characters I have played but I ended up dropping or I don't think they are good enough (my local meta is filled with ZSS captain and sheik)

robin said:
Pros:
Uair and Bair have high kill potential
Arcthunder is baller and sets up everything
Nair is a good gimping tool
Elwind is a good gimping tool

Cons:
Bair + shorthop was so high it went over most characters heads
Fire is next to worthless against fast characters and zoners
Very linear recovery = get gimped by offstage characters like sheik
Extremely slow everything denies you punishes other characters can get
High grab lag with a trash pummel
ike said:
Pros:
Good Bair, fast and kills
Good Uair kills
Good jab and combo

Cons:
Cant force an approach
After 50% shield becomes extremely strong against him
Didn't feel right (idk)
DeDeDe said:
Pros:
Grab is always a strong option, even if they are past combo percent you can throw them offstage for a gordo trap
Gordo traps on ledge getup are extremely dank
Bair is a pretty good spacing tool
chaingrab is dank

Cons:
Nearly everything you do is unsafe on shield
JUST UAIR MY WHOLE LIFE UP
Broken hitboxes which are smaller than their animations
Brawl ganon tier frame data
air speed so low most characters can escape air dodge reads by drifting sideways
I play Luigi in melee and Luigi/G&W in PM. I go in all day in these games but I rarely see myself doing that in smash 4.
I play heavy control in Magic and Yugioh.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Small nitpick.
After 50% shield becomes extremely strong against him
UThrow to FAir continues to work on most characters until 80s minimum. Besides that, his throws are solid for forcing opponents offstage. Oh, and UThrow > UAir/FAir kills all three of the characters mentioned(90% for Zamus, Sheik earlier(Takes practice), and Falcon later).

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
When is the super armor active?
11-26. Starts moving on the same frame the SA starts too. So about 2/3 the distance of the move and it has a generous ledge snap range. Like I said, nothing should be beating it out.

Perhaps I shouldn't be so critical about the player because how the SA works isn't exactly common knowledge... But then again the same can be said about most everything about Pit. Meh. We're still at a point where I don't think anybody's got the full picture of what's been found so far. Outside of Japan anyway...

TheBlueSpirit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebiuespirit
3DS FC
5086-3271-7834
I am looking for a main, here is some extra info.

I am looking for the following in a character:
-Grab combos or some other option that beats shield is always good at all percents (either puts you in some kind of easy read situation like shiek's Uair/UpB or you just kill them)

Characters I have played but I ended up dropping or I don't think they are good enough (my local meta is filled with ZSS captain and sheik)

I play Luigi in melee and Luigi/G&W in PM. I go in all day in these games but I rarely see myself doing that in smash 4.
I play heavy control in Magic and Yugioh.
I'd say you can stick with Luigi. His fair is usable, he has good aerial game, he really isn't too fast, his grab game, while not what it was pre-patch, is still good and has a lot you can gain from it. So yeah I think he'd be your character. And his tech isn't extremely advanced if say but I might be wrong so if you don't want to focus too hard on Sm4sh then he should be a pretty simple character in basics.

febLey

Smash Cadet
NNID
febLey
Hello there, i've got a main crysis:

I like to play ZSS, but i don't like that she depends so much on the grabs.
I love playing puff, but i feel like she's missing something.
I also like Diddy Kong alot, but i'm not a fan of the banana and the recovery.

Can you recommend so characters that i definitely should try out?

howbadisbad

Smash Apprentice
I'd say you can stick with Luigi. His fair is usable, he has good aerial game, he really isn't too fast, his grab game, while not what it was pre-patch, is still good and has a lot you can gain from it. So yeah I think he'd be your character. And his tech isn't extremely advanced if say but I might be wrong so if you don't want to focus too hard on Sm4sh then he should be a pretty simple character in basics.
He definitely is more like a grappler in smash 4, do you happen to know of any luigi players who play primarily in the air? All the ones from top tourneys look like they just hunt for grabs, and I havent seen any luigis since the grab nerf.

I tried out charizard recently because he is another fatty with a throw combo but I don't think he is for me, his pivot ftilt and grab were pretty garbage.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Ness meets all the criteria there.

TAFJ

Smash Rookie
Hello there, i've got a main crysis:

I like to play ZSS, but i don't like that she depends so much on the grabs.
I love playing puff, but i feel like she's missing something.
I also like Diddy Kong alot, but i'm not a fan of the banana and the recovery.

Can you recommend so characters that i definitely should try out?
Pikachu, Yoshi, or Sonic maybe? I don't know, you didn't give out too much information.
Also, I totally get if you want to play another character, but if you love Puff I think you should stick with her in some way, shape, or form.

TheBlueSpirit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
thebiuespirit
3DS FC
5086-3271-7834
He definitely is more like a grappler in smash 4, do you happen to know of any luigi players who play primarily in the air? All the ones from top tourneys look like they just hunt for grabs, and I havent seen any luigis since the grab nerf.

I tried out charizard recently because he is another fatty with a throw combo but I don't think he is for me, his pivot ftilt and grab were pretty garbage.
Yeah, no big names as of after the latest patch except I think Mr Concon who I have not seen play in a long while, but I can say since my brother is a Luigi main that when you're not looking for grabs you should be spacing with fireballs both aerially and on the ground, and using your aerials. His ground game isn't the best aside from fireballs (and down b is starting to look like it has uses too I guess) so if anything you should use aerials a lot

Robo no Hana

Smash Rookie
I've played countless games and have gone from character to character because none are clicking with me. So far I've been cycling between::4ryu: :4kirby: :4tlink: :4zelda: but I don't know how to go about picking a main and I want to stick with one and get gud with them before adding secondaries.

A those weird picks? maybe they share something that makes me constantly go back to those 4 (ryu is a recent addition though).

Rawk Hawk

Smash Rookie
Looking for a main, I enjoy characters who can spike like Mario and really fast characters like Fox, Villager is also really fun.

Fox is my favorite and I really like Falco but Fox has been hard to get KOs with even though I can rack up the damage on my opponent, any thoughts? I know this is really vague

TAFJ

Smash Rookie
I've played countless games and have gone from character to character because none are clicking with me. So far I've been cycling between::4ryu: :4kirby: :4tlink: :4zelda: but I don't know how to go about picking a main and I want to stick with one and get gud with them before adding secondaries.

A those weird picks? maybe they share something that makes me constantly go back to those 4 (ryu is a recent addition though).
Those are very diverse characters that don't seem to have much of a connection in playstyle. Do you have a certain playstyle you like? If not, I would recommend watching tournament videos on Youtube to see a variety of characters that you might like and go off that. If the usual high tier picks aren't going for ya', AceStarThe3rd also has a series called Undefeatable where he plays a multitude of characters on For Glory, tiers aside. "Maining" the random button for about a week against CPUs you're comfortable against could also help. Playing characters you might not expect liking.

Looking for a main, I enjoy characters who can spike like Mario and really fast characters like Fox, Villager is also really fun.

Fox is my favorite and I really like Falco but Fox has been hard to get KOs with even though I can rack up the damage on my opponent, any thoughts? I know this is really vague
Donkey Kong has a few spike moves and is reasonable fast and mobile, actually. And he certainly has no problem getting KOs. Captain Falcon's Dair spikes, and is much faster than DK. Yoshi is another name I can throw out. Although, switching from a character you really enjoy for one problem you have, may not be worth it. If you have trouble killing, that issue may follow you to other characters. I also have issues getting the kill, and while its most apparent with my Dark Pit, it plagues my other characters as well.

Last edited:

ozydandias

Smash Rookie
NNID
bizarro_dan
3DS FC
4055-6638-3178
I'm wondering if I should grab a secondary to cover any bases with Bowser Jr? I'm not great with him, haven't ever entered a tournament (hardly any within a respectable distance around me). Usually just practice on For Glory/Anthers when I can.

I've tested the waters with Ness and Villager, but again, I'm pretty awful.

D

Deleted member

I've been wanting to pick up Ike as a co-main for a while now. What are some of his basics I should know, and what are his bread-and-butter combos?

Robo no Hana

Smash Rookie
Those are very diverse characters that don't seem to have much of a connection in playstyle. Do you have a certain playstyle you like? If not, I would recommend watching tournament videos on Youtube to see a variety of characters that you might like and go off that. If the usual high tier picks aren't going for ya', AceStarThe3rd also has a series called Undefeatable where he plays a multitude of characters on For Glory, tiers aside. "Maining" the random button for about a week against CPUs you're comfortable against could also help. Playing characters you might not expect liking.
I picked Toon Link cause I like his projectiles, Kirby for his copy ability, Ryu because he's Ryu (I played him a bit in 3rd strike), and Zelda because I like the sound her moves make and her down taunt is my favorite.

When it comes to playstyles, i'm not too sure if I have a preferred one yet but I don't like characters that play too campy like villager or characters that slow moves walk/run too slow like any heavy or Robin

Has not even crossed my mind to use the random button, but I'll do that. As for Undefeatables, I started watching his Marth and Lucina vids..DWAH!

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
I've been wanting to pick up Ike as a co-main for a while now. What are some of his basics I should know, and what are his bread-and-butter combos?
Ike combos mostly look like
{uthrow, nair, dtilt} into {fair, uair, bair, nair}
There's also some cute gimmicks like dair through platform > usmash if missed tech and low percent footstool combos that are probably character specific (i.e. uthrow>footstool>ff dair to reset>nair>bair)

Learn to space attacks properly for maximum shield safety (especially nair), learn to love aerials (especially nair) and (pivot) grab. His smashes are laggy and should be saved for hard reads, you'll likely get most kills from bair, uair, ftilt, utilt, Eruption.

Speaking of Eruption, it's really strong on the ledge for edgeguarding. The explosion is huge and the sword also stabs down through the ledge, letting you deny both high and low recoveries with proper timing.

Someone that actually plays the character could probably tell you more, I didn't even touch on his recovery. :180:

Jitters

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitters
Looking for a secondary/pocket/whatever you want to call it:
I like playing aggressive/rushdown type characters that can quickly close the gap between opponents as well as being fast enough to throw out quick attacks/combos either on the ground and/or air to keep the pressure on. Basically, someone who can reliably juggle on all fronts (ground, air, and off-stage).
On to downside though, I'm not a fan of being super grabby (9/10 of my grabs are whiffs), so I rarely employ them unless I'm 100% confident that I can land them.

D

Deleted member

Looking for a secondary/pocket/whatever you want to call it:
I like playing aggressive/rushdown type characters that can quickly close the gap between opponents as well as being fast enough to throw out quick attacks/combos either on the ground and/or air to keep the pressure on. Basically, someone who can reliably juggle on all fronts (ground, air, and off-stage).
On to downside though, I'm not a fan of being super grabby (9/10 of my grabs are whiffs), so I rarely employ them unless I'm 100% confident that I can land them.
:4metaknight:

Meta Knight fits this criteria so hard. He's got one of the fastest dashing speeds in the game, has speedy and effective combos out of grabs (and not to mention the infamous up air into Shuttle Loop chain), and most of his moves generally come out very quickly. He can definitely be played aggressively, pressure your opponent and close out openings, not to mention he's an absolute edgeguarding monster with moves like nair, bair and fair to keep your opponent away from the stage. His only real cons are his relatively low damage output and iffy range, not to mention due to his fast falling speed he can fall victim to combos and can't survive very long due to being a lightweight. However, Mach Tornado can be used as an effective to easily help you rack up damage, but don't overuse it too much since it's not that safe on shield. Dimensional Cape is also great for mindgames and can serve as a surprise kill move to catch your opponent offguard when you're both on your last stocks and the match is rather tense.

tl;dr Secondary Meta Knight, please. He's gr8.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jitters

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jitters
:4metaknight:

Meta Knight fits this criteria so hard. He's got one of the fastest dashing speeds in the game, has speedy and effective combos out of grabs (and not to mention the infamous up air into Shuttle Loop chain), and most of his moves generally come out very quickly. He can definitely be played aggressively, pressure your opponent and close out openings, not to mention he's an absolute edgeguarding monster with moves like nair, bair and fair to keep your opponent away from the stage. His only real cons are his relatively low damage output and iffy range, not to mention due to his fast falling speed he can fall victim to combos and can't survive very long due to being a lightweight. However, Mach Tornado can be used as an effective to easily help you rack up damage, but don't overuse it too much since it's not that safe on shield. Dimensional Cape is also great for mindgames and can serve as a surprise kill move to catch your opponent offguard when you're both on your last stocks and the match is rather tense.

tl;dr Secondary Meta Knight, please. He's gr8.
Funnily enough, I've been practicing him off-hand every so often. He feels a little sluggish for me, but that might be a side effect of using him in P:M.

D

Deleted member

Funnily enough, I've been practicing him off-hand every so often. He feels a little sluggish for me, but that might be a side effect of using him in P:M.
Nice to hear. I play him in Project M as well, but I'm not as good as I am with him in that game as I am in Brawl or this game lol. But with that aside, Sm4sh Meta Knight is a different beast. He felt sluggish to me at first when I started playing him months ago, but once you get used it to how he plays it won't be much of an annoyance.

TAFJ

Smash Rookie
I'm wondering if I should grab a secondary to cover any bases with Bowser Jr? I'm not great with him, haven't ever entered a tournament (hardly any within a respectable distance around me). Usually just practice on For Glory/Anthers when I can.

Bowser Jr. is definitely a character that would warrant a secondary. And It is not uncommon for people who main solo-viable characters to play others as well, so by all means, play another character if you like :)
Just remember, the more characters you play, the harder it will be if you're trying to get better. Two is reasonable, and 4 is pushing it. Also, you should check out Tweek. He has a fantastic Bowser Jr.
Oh, and if you haven't already, head over to the Bowjow boards. They could be a lot of help.

I picked Toon Link cause I like his projectiles, Kirby for his copy ability, Ryu because he's Ryu (I played him a bit in 3rd strike), and Zelda because I like the sound her moves make and her down taunt is my favorite.

When it comes to playstyles, i'm not too sure if I have a preferred one yet but I don't like characters that play too campy like villager or characters that slow moves walk/run too slow like any heavy or Robin

Has not even crossed my mind to use the random button, but I'll do that. As for Undefeatables, I started watching his Marth and Lucina vids..DWAH!
Maybe Mega Man? I think he has cool taunts, is very projectile heavy, and I wouldn't describe him as "campy". His moves are interesting and I love the sound effects for the lemons. His alternates are also very good. He's a very unique and underused character.

Last edited:

Robo no Hana

Smash Rookie
Maybe Mega Man? I think he has cool taunts, is very projectile heavy, and I wouldn't describe him as "campy". His moves are interesting and I love the sound effects for the lemons. His alternates are also very good. He's a very unique and underused character.
Actually took your advice right away and played every character via random. I dropped Zelda, Ryu and Kirby after someone in For Glory was kind enough to make me aware of my bad habits and found that I just didn't enjoy them as much and we played enough matches to where he had 2 blue ribbons (I could barely touch him in most matches) and found that I had a lot of fun with Duck Hunt because he kinda felt like Toon Link to me. Also added Mega Man and Olimar. I picked them because while they do have a bunch of projectiles, I don't feel like I have to sit back and spam with them and instead use them to set up for some fancy stuff.

Feeling much more confident in these picks. I'll be able to pick 1 main from them and the rest will probably be secondaries.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

You should definitely pick a second character, but not necessarily one to "cover Bower Jr.'s weaknesses", but because playing only Jr. will get boring after a while, plus there's so much you can learn by playing the same character over and over again. Having a second main/secondary is a good thing.

Villager is pretty strong and so is Ness. If you like one of them, then go for it.

Edit: Here's a question: Other than :4kirby:, :4jigglypuff: and :4villagerf:, perhaps :4pikachu: as well, what other characters have strong off-stage play?

Last edited:

Robo no Hana

Smash Rookie
Edit: Here's a question: Other than :4kirby:, :4jigglypuff: and :4villagerf:, perhaps :4pikachu: as well, what other characters have strong off-stage play?
I'm not 100% sure, but I've heard that it's a bad idea to challange a:4wiifit:off-stage. Which makes sense with her wall jump and 3 spikes. I'm sure there are more reasons, but I don't know enough about the character.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm not 100% sure, but I've heard that it's a bad idea to challange a:4wiifit:off-stage. Which makes sense with her wall jump and 3 spikes. I'm sure there are more reasons, but I don't know enough about the character.
She can stay in the air with Header, can Meteor Smash you with her Down Areal, Forward Areal, and Header. The combination of Sun Salutation and Header can keep you away from her/him, and she/he has a decent recovery in the form of Super Hoop. I think off stage play is her main draw, however she has trouble hitting the little people with certain attacks, and I believe has some trouble KOing because her Smash Attacks are too punishable.

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
Other than :4kirby:, :4jigglypuff: and :4villagerf:, perhaps :4pikachu: as well, what other characters have strong off-stage play?
:4sheik::4metaknight::4pit::4bowserjr::4rob::rosalina:
These six have excellent recoveries, great moves to whack enemies offstage, and either good enough air speed to intercept or raw power like Rosa's Dair.

I have a question of my own....
So I've been using :4bowser: for a while... but as we all know he seriously struggles in 1v1s against the top half of the tier list. Sheik, Sonic, and ZSS all wipe the floor with him and he really can't do much about it.
I mostly chose Bowser because I love the satisfaction that each of his kill moves yields. The feeling of sending someone flying after a really powerful attack lands (almost all of Bowser's kit qualifies) is too tantalizing to give up, and especially online where I don't take it as seriously and focus on reading opponents.
I was debating whether or not to drop him for :4myfriends:.
Ike hits equally hard, has better frame data, less landing lag on aerials, grab follow ups, better recovery mixups, a counter, a super strong move to punish shield breaks in a fully charged Fsmash/Usmash/eruption, better mobility, a smaller hurtbox, and although he is lighter, Ike still yields better "bang for the buck" in terms of survivability vs his potential.
I do lose the extra weight, a command grab to punish shields, a projectile (though fire breath isn't great), autoguard on the Usmash (but disjoints are good too), and less survivability from certain angles of the stage. However, I feel like it will benefit my game to go for him anyway.
That being said, I have a fondness for Bowser, having used him since Melee lol.
What should I do?

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Ike combos mostly look like
{uthrow, nair, dtilt} into {fair, uair, bair, nair}
Actually, DThrow is Ike's primary combo throw. UThrow is just for after DThrow stops comboing. Dash Attack can also be added to the kill moves list. Everything else is right, though.

If you prefer both characters, I see no reason *NOT* to stick with them. But if you're playing tournaments and the like, :4myfriends: will probably do you better in the long run.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
:4sheik::4metaknight::4pit::4bowserjr::4rob::rosalina:
These six have excellent recoveries, great moves to whack enemies offstage, and either good enough air speed to intercept or raw power like Rosa's Dair.

I have a question of my own....
So I've been using :4bowser: for a while... but as we all know he seriously struggles in 1v1s against the top half of the tier list. Sheik, Sonic, and ZSS all wipe the floor with him and he really can't do much about it.
I mostly chose Bowser because I love the satisfaction that each of his kill moves yields. The feeling of sending someone flying after a really powerful attack lands (almost all of Bowser's kit qualifies) is too tantalizing to give up, and especially online where I don't take it as seriously and focus on reading opponents.
I was debating whether or not to drop him for :4myfriends:.
Ike hits equally hard, has better frame data, less landing lag on aerials, grab follow ups, better recovery mixups, a counter, a super strong move to punish shield breaks in a fully charged Fsmash/Usmash/eruption, better mobility, a smaller hurtbox, and although he is lighter, Ike still yields better "bang for the buck" in terms of survivability vs his potential.
I do lose the extra weight, a command grab to punish shields, a projectile (though fire breath isn't great), autoguard on the Usmash (but disjoints are good too), and less survivability from certain angles of the stage. However, I feel like it will benefit my game to go for him anyway.
That being said, I have a fondness for Bowser, having used him since Melee lol.
What should I do?
NOTE: I am going off the fact that you have Bowser listed as your secondary on your signature.
Keep him. If you enjoy playing him, keep him. Facing a Sheik, Sonic, or Zero Suit Samus? Switch to a better character for the matchup. Between your Ryu, Captain Falcon, Bowser Jr., Bowser, and Sonic, you are ready for pretty much any matchup. Taking a character and making it work for you is how underrated characters get their potential realized. Of course, I don't recommend giving up Ike either if you like him too.

D

Deleted member

Could anyone possibly give me some pointers for Wario? I've enjoyed playing as him a lot for the past few months, but I don't feel like I know the character as much as I want to. I particularly wanna know his bread and butter combos and throw followups.

I_am_SK

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, in search of a main.

I like Ness, have stuck with him pretty much since Brawl, and am rather good at him, but many people complain that he is mindless and has a tiny skill cap. I have a secondary Jigglypuff, but honestly, she sucks too much to actually be viable.

Wish I could just stick with Ness, but I'm tired of the complaints. And I want to branch out.

Characters I've considered:
Link
Peach
Kirby
Sheik
ROB

Criteria:
Solid grab game
Solid air game with decent spacing tools
Preferably someone that is high tier

That's pretty much it. I don't mind input heavy/technical characters, or complex characters. In fact, I'd probably prefer one. Speed and mobility > strength and weight, and combos > kill moves.

Thanks so much.

D

Deleted member

I like Ness, have stuck with him pretty much since Brawl, and am rather good at him, but many people complain that he is mindless and has a tiny skill cap. I have a secondary Jigglypuff, but honestly, she sucks too much to actually be viable.

Wish I could just stick with Ness, but I'm tired of the complaints. And I want to branch out.

Link
Peach
Kirby
Sheik
ROB

Criteria:
Solid grab game

That's pretty much it. I don't mind input heavy/technical characters, or complex characters. In fact, I'd probably prefer one. Speed and mobility > strength and weight, and combos > kill moves.

Thanks so much.
Have you tried out experimenting with :4myfriends:? I feel like he fits your criteria for what character you want rather well.

I_am_SK

Smash Rookie
:4myfriends:? I've tried him out...a bit too slow, a bit too low on the tier list for my likings. Thanks though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:4myfriends:? I've tried him out...a bit too slow, a bit too low on the tier list for my likings. Thanks though.
Ike's mid-high tier tho', but if he's not your cup of tea I suppose I understand.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Link
Peach
Kirby
Sheik
ROB

Criteria:
Solid grab game

Thanks so much.
Tell the complainers to shut up. Choose who you want to play by who you like, not what other people want you to play. Even if Ness has a smaller skill cap compared to others, it doesn't make him any worse a character to play as. On the subject of Jigglypuff, who says she isn't viable? A tier list made in a new meta? Learn Jigglypuff inside and out, give it a few years, and you may find out just how scary Jigglypuff can be when in the right hands. Besides, it doesn't matter who you use. You could lead in a squadron made up of Samus, Zelda, Palutena, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Charizard, Dr. Mario, and Lucina, (The bottom 8 characters on a tier list made in august) and win simply by knowing who to pick for each matchup. So if you like Ness and Jigglypuff, then use them.

As far as branching out, can't help you there. I'm not in depth enough with those characters. So choose who you want, but don't decide against anyone for any reason besides your own disinterest in how they play.

Robo no Hana

Smash Rookie

If you don't get bored of Ness, stick with him. Though it would be a good idea to pick up a high tier. Just in case you have to go against a rosa/luma or something.

Aside from Megaman, I play Duck Hunt and can rarely get good matches of FG now because people just use insulting tags, pick a spammy char, then leave. (doesn't matter though, I have fun). I also recently started watching tourney matches and saw all the hate dabuz gets for playing rosalina, yet it doesn't seem to stop him.

xleo_samusx

Smash Cadet

Link
Peach
Kirby
Sheik
ROB

Criteria:
Solid grab game

Thanks so much.
Try out Mario, he has a great grab game, he is high tier and he is very competent in the air!

Feel free to join our Facebook Group Mario Research and Development if you want the opinions of some more Mario mains. https://www.facebook.com/groups/mariorandd/?fref=ts Anyone is welcome!

Kulty

Smash Ace
Hi guys,

Which characters have a similar playstyle or attributes to Melee and Brawl:4marth:(aside of:4lucina::4feroy:)? I don't choose both characters, because I feel that their swords are way too short for me to space properly. Thanks for the help!

I_am_SK

Smash Rookie
Thanks for all the replies! I decided to stick with Ness and Jiggs.

As for Marth, I can't really think of many people with Marth's brawl/Melee style. ROB has some Marth-esqe combos and such, but the overall playstyle is totally different. Ike maybe?

Robo no Hana

Smash Rookie
Hi guys,

Which characters have a similar playstyle or attributes to Melee and Brawl:4marth:(aside of:4lucina::4feroy:)? I don't choose both characters, because I feel that their swords are way too short for me to space properly. Thanks for the help!
Maybe try :4olimar: :4robinm:or :4shulk:. Off the top of my head, these three came to mind when it comes to spacing. Though none of them play like marth

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion

Link
Peach
Kirby
Sheik
ROB

Criteria:
Solid grab game

Thanks so much.
I would stick with Ness, but if haters bother you that much, :4zss::4mario::4diddy::4rob: would be your best chances. Espicially :4zss::4rob:

Top Bottom