• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
So I'm trying to keep on clearing FE6 - but I'm really curious to ask this:

Should I apply a patch to make Roy promote earlier than what the original game intends him to, in order to prevent him from becoming somewhat of a dead weight due hitting level cap long before his promotion?
Well I've honestly never had an issue with his late promotion really (if he got the SoS any earlier in FE6, he would have been so OP, lmfao)... I still found him to be a viable unit even after he hit level 20. I play it on my GBA though, so I have to be really careful anyway unless I want to restart a whole chapter, lol. But I can understand if the late promotion is a pain in the butt to others.

However, if you want to get more uh. Usage-usage out of him, go for the patch. I guess it all just kind of boils down to whether or not you want the main lord to body everything (or almost body everything) on the map or not. While I don't particularly have an issue with having to sometimes tiptoe with Roy, others might.

Would the early promotion include the Sword of Seals? If so, lel. I would do it for the fun of it at the very least.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well I've honestly never had an issue with his late promotion really (if he got the SoS any earlier in FE6, he would have been so OP, lmfao)... I still found him to be a viable unit even after he hit level 20. I play it on my GBA though, so I have to be really careful anyway unless I want to restart a whole chapter, lol. But I can understand if the late promotion is a pain in the butt to others.

However, if you want to get more uh. Usage-usage out of him, go for the patch. I guess it all just kind of boils down to whether or not you want the main lord to body everything (or almost body everything) on the map or not. While I don't particularly have an issue with having to sometimes tiptoe with Roy, others might.

Would the early promotion include the Sword of Seals? If so, lel. I would do it for the fun of it at the very least.
Well, I just wanna ensure he won't be bit like Eliwood (an unit that was average at best, and had to be dragged around to get him seize the chapters in).

I guess I could go for the patch then.

edit: sorry guys I saw myself being directed to just an ad and no smashboards page whenever I posted and was still on page 77 so I assumed my stuff wasn't posting ;_;

Last edited:
Part of the Royvolution's goal is to see the return of Roy, but a lot of us supports cut vets. IF this leak ends up true, I think a lot of us will be will be moving on to support cut vets (for those who haven't already voted). Right @ dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 ? At least that's what I always thought judging on some people's comments. Well, if it means anything, aside from Roy, Wolf is probably my next most wanted cut. He's one of my mains in PM, and I used to play him a lot in Brawl. I'm definitely supporting him.

Anyway, the problem I have with this leak, is that Sakurai did say he's not interested in adding characters from other fighting games. This makes me iffy, but I mean I wouldn't mind seeing Ryu, even if I never wanted him. I'm taking things day by day, though. Even if it ends up fake, at least Roy's getting some spotlight in the end.

The group's goal is to support cut vets, I'm not sure if I'm up for supporting more characters after this. I'll wait and see.

As a Fire Emblem fan you shouldn't be happy about Roy (if he remained a clone that is) it is gonna only add oil to the fire that's the Fire Emblem image in SSB4, Lucina ruined the image, and Roy will destroy it completely.

This is a good point, it was brought up to me a while back which is why I've been pushing really hard to see Roy decloned. It'd be the best route to silence haters and get more people into FE. Otherwise, Col is right. I also think Chrom can be unique, but I Roy definitely has more potential from three FE appearances, one being Hasha no Tsurugi.

The update is probably more to fix Mewtwo's save-erasing 10-man glitch (among other things), but yeah, I really expect those files to disappear.

That, or Sakurai's a true troll and adds even more sound files of those characters to the mix

The glitch isn't present in the 3DS version, and the files aren't in the Wii U version, so I only expect the Wii U to be patched.

When and if this leak comes true(and it looks decently credible), I'm rather curious about how they will implement him this time.

Mewtwo remains mostly untouched from his Melee version. Not a single one of his attack animations was changed. It's clear they were trying to appeal to nostalgic Melee fans, and they went all out with it.

Roy, on the other hand, is a character mostly wanted just because he was in Melee. Sure, a lot of Mewtwo's request came from that as well, but he his better known by and more loved by the masses then Roy is. However, with Lucy playing the Marth-clone role, and with Roy supposedly being a returning veteran, I really wonder how they'll make him work. Surely they'll change him more then they did Mewtwo; bu just by how much?

I'm expecting him to be a semi-clone like Falco or a character who simply resembles a clone like Luigi.

I'm decently sure he'll be somewhat decloned in some way, however. Being DLC makes me decently certain of this.

I'm still amazed that they found his sound file and not Wolf's, though. With the upcoming Starfox, I would of figured they'd add Wolf before they added a FE character they'd have to go through the trouble of decloning. Not that I have anything against Roy, and I'm fairly sure we'll get Wolf eventually...but I still do find it strange.

He actually had quite a few moves and animations changed, when he didn't need them changed. A lot has changed since the trailer. Something tells me Lucas will receive the same treatment (another character who is too unique from Ness to need it) and Roy definitely would.

Dr. Mario does not surprise me, he is literally Mario. The other clones near him also have canon reasons to be clones.

Well, I just wanna ensure he won't be bit like Eliwood (an unit that was average at best, and had to be dragged around to get him seize the chapters in).

eliwood is beastly the **** you talking about

I can't remember what I wanted to say coming back, catching up has drained me >_>

But you guys have made me proud. I'm glad to see this much discussion going on from just me leaving for a few days. Roy's our boy! We have to continue gaining support for Roy and be happy that the leaks include Roy and Ryu without letting them give us a false sense of security.

This image is so epic that I'm getting more hyped for Ryu as time passes. Originally I didn't think anything of him, good or bad, when the leak first started, even though I had a little Street Fighter growing up. Now I'm really happy to see him in, hopefully people indifferent to or against Roy see that epic Awakening artwork and change their minds, something similar to that.

I wouldn't think anything of the FE concert, I'm pretty sure the royveal's gonna be someplace much bigger like E3.

Last edited:

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice

Yeah, go at the game however it works best for you. Nothing wrong with trying out the patch, especially if it makes it more enjoyable for you in the long run.

eta: I never really found Roy to be a character that had to be dragged around, though. I always found use for him, even with the level cap.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
The group's goal is to support cut vets, I'm not sure if I'm up for supporting more characters after this. I'll wait and see.
It's fine. I'm going to support the other cut vets, but it won't be full-on like with Roy. I'm kinda worn down from supporting Roy after all these years myself haha (and I know there's others who have joined years before me here... I don't know how some people do it haha).

A reveal at E3 would be the best for publicity for sure. It's just kinda funny that we got the announcement that Sakurai's presenting at the anniversary concert after the leak was found.

I just wanted to thank all the support everyone gave over the years. Whether you're a long-term Roy supporter or a new one, it all makes in impact. We will have to wait patiently to see if Roy's going to be officially confirmed as DLC, so until then the road might be long. But, I do think it'll be a fun one as well.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
You guys must be so happy! And im happy for you guys!
We are now talking about the return of Roy , and we have evidence!

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Well its not over, Roy is not ufficially confirmed.
But we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel...

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
Despite the evidence, I'm still gonna remain skeptical, but man do I want this to be real. Roy has always been my favorite FE smash character, and I would love for him to come back!

Steelia

Smash Champion
Thanks! But in the wise words of the Shogun pilot from Star Fox 64, "Don't party just yet." We have audio, audio that was actually added to the game, but no official confirmation. Things do look pretty good, but it's best to be cautiously optimistic and keep up the support and votes :)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This song couldn't be more appropriate...

Almost victorious, but there's one last step to take.

Last edited:
NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
Thanks! But in the wise words of the Shogun pilot from Star Fox 64, "Don't party just yet." We have audio, audio that was actually added to the game, but no official confirmation. Things do look pretty good, but it's best to be cautiously optimistic and keep up the support and votes :)
Well, Sakurai is going to Fire Emblem's 25th Anniversary concert...that sounds pretty convincing. I mean, just attending is one thing; but I have a feeling Sakurai's going to be on the stage.

The real question is will they announce Roy before the concert begins or after it ends?

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
I could just see the Roy trailer happening at E3 and using Roy's hope as the song and showing all the new Roy stuff and old Roy stuff as well but then as the trailer ends, in big bold letters:

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER! And boom there would be Ryu's reveal probably with CGI unlike Roy or Lucas or Mewtwo's trailers. It would be fantastic.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
This song couldn't be more appropriate...

Almost victorious, but there's one last step to take.
Couldn't have said it better. We need to still fight against time and potential uncertainty as the mighty throne keeper.

Our battle will last quite a while, but with perseverance, we shall see Roy finally seize the throne and be promoted to a playable status by following months.

Last edited:

royalblue

Smash Cadet
This is truly an exciting time. Roy fans have been through a lot over the years, especially those who wanted him back in Smash. But with these sound files and Sakurai presenting at the Fire Emblem concert, I think there is finally a real light at the end of the dark tunnel we’ve been walking through all this time (@ Boo Jr. Boo Jr. I had already typed that last sentence and then saw that you posted the exact same analogy. I suppose great minds think alike, haha). More than ever I’ve been seeing so many Roy fans coming out of the woodwork to voice their support. Of course the haters are still running rampant but where their hurtful words and baseless arguments used to sting, now they’re making me laugh. I know that it still isn’t time to celebrate, but I’ve got the streamers and balloons all set up and ready. It also doesn’t mean that there still isn’t a fight to be fought, so the time for relaxing will be after we get an official announcement (which I’m really hoping will be at E3). Until then it’s business as usual.

@ChronoBound

I’m glad that my words could be meaningful to you. Yours have certainly been meaningful to me over the past year and a half or so. It’s wonderful that your spirits seem to be picking up again. The time immediately following Smash 4’s release was bleak, but Roy’s fans have continued to stand strong and those of us on SmashBoards have kept your seat warm for you. It’s truly great to see you back in this thread again.

I actually saw a Japanese Smash Bros. fan say that they shouldn't bother to bring back Roy if they can't get Fukuyama to reprise his role. Haha. I think Sakurai knows Jun's performance as Roy was part of his appeal.
I absolutely love whoever posted that comment. They know what’s up! I’m sure Sakurai does know the extent of Jun’s popularity, and rightfully so. It’s wonderful how much support there is from western fans wanting to bring back Roy’s Melee voice as well. As far as I could understand from Sakurai’s post-Melee Q&A, he was the one who personally picked Jun to voice Roy, and while I may not agree with some of the decisions the man has made over the years, that is one I will always be happy and grateful for. I posted awhile back about how it's really significant that both Jun and Roy have been though the same sort of journey since Melee, both going from nobodies to being so well-known and popular. The voice Jun provided for Roy has been as much a part of his character as anything else and I feel that without him it wouldn’t truly be Roy. It seems other fans have been voicing similar opinions, so hopefully both Sakurai and the folks at Intelligent Systems will take that to heart.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I could just see the Roy trailer happening at E3 and using Roy's hope as the song and showing all the new Roy stuff and old Roy stuff as well but then as the trailer ends, in big bold letters:

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER! And boom there would be Ryu's reveal probably with CGI unlike Roy or Lucas or Mewtwo's trailers. It would be fantastic.
It better include a scene where :roypm: gives :4roy: some long-awaited whooping. In phi3r.

I absolutely love whoever posted that comment. They know what’s up! I’m sure Sakurai does know the extent of Jun’s popularity, and rightfully so. It’s wonderful how much support there is from western fans wanting to bring back Roy’s Melee voice as well. As far as I could understand from Sakurai’s post-Melee Q&A, he was the one who personally picked Jun to voice Roy, and while I may not agree with some of the decisions the man has made over the years, that is one I will always be happy and grateful for. I posted awhile back about how it's really significant that both Jun and Roy have been though the same sort of journey since Melee, both going from nobodies to being so well-known and popular. The voice Jun provided for Roy has been as much a part of his character as anything else and I feel that without him it wouldn’t truly be Roy. It seems other fans have been voicing similar opinions, so hopefully both Sakurai and the folks at Intelligent Systems will take that to heart.
Didn't know about that, I truly hope they'll get him to reprise Roy then. Roy's voice has to be one of most iconic things about the character to me. Such a hotblooded but mature performance. So much respect... it also goes well with his smarts and idealism for a royality his age shown in FE6. Just imagine his speech tone when in more serious moments of the game. I think it polishes up that part of him well.

royalblue

Smash Cadet
It better include a scene where :roypm: gives :4roy: some long-awaited whooping. In phi3r.
Yes, please! If that doesn't happen a great injustice has been done!

Didn't know about that, I truly hope they'll get him to reprise Roy then. Roy's voice has to be one of most iconic things about the character to me. Such a hotblooded but mature performance. So much respect... it also goes well with his smarts and idealism for a royality his age shown in FE6. Just imagine his speech tone when in more serious moments of the game. I think it polishes up that part of him well.
So true, so true! For a long time I've been dreaming that if we do get Roy back and Jun reprises the role, maybe we could see him bring his amazing performance to SMTxFE, Codename: S.T.E.A.M., or even a remake of FE6 if they decided to include voices. So many awesome possibilities...

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Guys ... What if , they give Marth the Roy Alt not because he's not in the game ... But because he will not come with his FE6/Melee design ...

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Then That's would be ironic .

The original having the clone alt who have the original alt ...

Inb4 Roy with Roy koopa alt , Pink with Sunglasse

EDIT : mr paranoid android ?

Last edited:

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
Yes, please! If that doesn't happen a great injustice has been done!

So true, so true! For a long time I've been dreaming that if we do get Roy back and Jun reprises the role, maybe we could see him bring his amazing performance to SMTxFE, Codename: S.T.E.A.M., or even a remake of FE6 if they decided to include voices. So many awesome possibilities...
Basically it's this:
Jun is freaking awesome and we want him to do ALL the Roy things.
Pls Jun.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Jun voices Koro-Sensei. And Grell.

Instant respect.

I'm quite positive that he'll be hired back to reprise Roy, honestly.

Last edited:

royalblue

Smash Cadet
Yup, he is awesome.

I also love some bl drama cds he's done
Me too. I have an obscene amount of hours worth. BL games too. He's the one who got me into all that stuff honestly. Oh man, I never thought I would be confessing these things on this board, hahaha.

Wow, Jun voices Koro-Sensei. And Grell. Instant respect.

And Lelouch and King and...

He's really left his mark. I think his extreme popularity alone is a major reason they would want to hire him back. And voice continuity is super important, which is something that thankfully the Japanese seem to acknowledge most of the time.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016

Instant respect.

FukuJun will voice the Persona 5 protagonist as well, who seems to take a lot of hints from Lelouch.

He can do from comic relief characters to magnificent ********, it's amazing. I do hope he voices Roy once again.

And as a side-note, my english headcanon voice for Roy was Yuri Lowenthal, but seeing he voiced Marth in Codename S.T.E.A.M., I'm now going with Bryce Papenbrook (Red in Pokemon Origins).

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Oh boy. I can change this avatar soon then if all these lovely leaks about sound files and the recent Fire Emblem concert announcement are true.

:roypm:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Pretty sure they could get Jun Fukuyama to reprise the role. He's a rather well-known voice actor. If they got Tomokazu Sugita to reprise Chrom as a NPC role, pretty sure they can get Fukuyama back.

Or maybe they'll just recycle voice clips from Melee like what happened with Marth.

Of course, it could happen the same as Mewtwo and they get a new voice actor for the role. But then again, Masachika Ichimura isn't as well-known and prominent as Jun Fukuyama is. I must admit the new voice actor, Keiji Fujiwara, did a great job as Mewtwo.

If they don't make Roy an original character (which, let's face it, they probably won't BUTISTILLWANTTHEMTOCHILL,) they should make him an alt.
Him as an alt? Not gonna happen considering Dr. Mario and the fact he already has different things that set him apart from Marth, even if he returns as a clone.

Any changes a character has, no matter how minimal, is enough for them to get a slot.

Alts are meant to be aesthetic and not gamplay changing.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Poor Roy.
While most of Mewtwo's hatebase dissipated the moment he was confirmed as DLC(funny that), but Roy's hatebase will still probably be going strong.
I'll be you anything that he'll be decloned at least somewhat, but...even this guy >:4luigi:and this guy > :wolf: are mistaken for clones way more then they should be. And, since he was a clone from Melee, that will make it even worse.

...Well, I guess it could be worse.
He could be this guy > :pichumelee:.
If they don't make Roy an original character (which, let's face it, they probably won't BUTISTILLWANTTHEMTOCHILL,) they should make him an alt.
So you expect them to charge us extra for a clone character, even though they've decloned characters in the past? I don't think so.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
Im so excited to see Roy back!!!! im hoping that he will be luigi-fied but you know what? if not ill still enjoy him more than Lucina haha. also can you say ROY AMIIBO????????????/

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Im so excited to see Roy back!!!! im hoping that he will be luigi-fied but you know what? if not ill still enjoy him more than Lucina haha. also can you say ROY AMIIBO????????????/
Oh boy.

The day when Roy-amiibo will be a thing is when the world will go crashing down.

In anycase, I'll be waiting to get him with a heartbeat.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
i have had ROTTEN luck trying to get *any* FE character amiibos so far =/ Roy might be the same

EmpoleonArrow

Smash Rookie
I started playing Fire Emblem when they gave out Fire Emblem: the sacred stones games and it became one of my favorite Ambassador games, so i'm very excited to see Roy return to Smash, things are looking positive!

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
@ royalblue royalblue and I have already decided that we're getting all of the Roy Amiibos in the world as soon as they become a thing. Just a heads up.

But maybe we'll share like, one for each of you.
Maybe.
Yup, he is awesome.

I also love some bl drama cds he's done
*points* You. I like you.

Needless to say, whether the voices are recycled from Melee or not, as long as Jun is doing the voice, I will be a happy Adept.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Instant respect.

This guy, this guy is a voice acting genius. Even as someone who mained Roy, I was never able to think of it that way when it came to his future roles. All that's needed is arrogant laugh for that redheaded prince to make his return seem victorious.

royalblue

Smash Cadet
@ royalblue royalblue and I have already decided that we're getting all of the Roy Amiibos in the world as soon as they become a thing. Just a heads up.

But maybe we'll share like, one for each of you.
Maybe.
Yes...maybe...

But if not, you're all welcome to visit our Roy Amiibo museums that we will eventually open to the public. They will be glorious, I assure you. That sound good to you, @ Adeptmune Adeptmune ?

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
Yes...maybe...

But if not, you're all welcome to visit our Roy Amiibo museums that we will eventually open to the public. They will be glorious, I assure you. That sound good to you, @ Adeptmune Adeptmune ?
Eventually, yes. And there will only be one Marth in the whole museum, basking in all the Roys. Just one.
One Marth to rule them all, one Marth to find them, one Marth to bring them all, and in the Smash Bros, fight them.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
FukuJun will voice the Persona 5 protagonist as well, who seems to take a lot of hints from Lelouch.

He can do from comic relief characters to magnificent *******s, it's amazing. I do hope he voices Roy once again.

And as a side-note, my english headcanon voice for Roy was Yuri Lowenthal, but seeing he voiced Marth in Codename S.T.E.A.M., I'm now going with Bryce Papenbrook (Red in Pokemon Origins).
Now that you mention it, I was thinking about Codename S.T.E.A.M before and the possibility of Roy appearing if he does return. Would it make sense to have Roy's amiibo work? Though I suppose they'd give him an English VA. I'm cool with Bryce Papenbrook.

I should really get S.T.E.A.M, especially since I need to expand my 3DS library. But I have too many games on my "To Buy List" that are higher priority at the moment... I'm cheap when it comes to buying games haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom