• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Random thoughts here, Roy's our boy, is anyone excited to see all the lords interacting in a canon setting? We have:
  • Marth
  • Sigurd
  • Seliph
  • Leif
  • Alm
  • Celica
  • Roy
  • Eliwood
  • Hector
  • Lyndis
  • Eirika
  • Ephraim
  • Ike
  • Micaiah
  • Chrom
  • Lucina
Is this not crazy to see all of them interacting?

Interesting potential interactions:
  • Marth, Roy, Ike, Lucina and Chrom: The first four recognize eachother from Smash, while Chrom grumbles to himself.
  • Marth, Chrom, and Lucina: Chrom and Lucina feel honored to meet their ancestor.
  • Lyndis and Lucina: Not sure how they'd interact, but I feel like it would be about swordplay.
  • Eliwood and Roy: Roy re-unites with his father.
  • Hector and Ike: Sort of a, who's stronger contest
  • Celica and Micaiah: Magic conversation.
  • Sigurd and Marth: Who's more regal?
  • Marth and Lucina: Identity Crisis
  • Eliwood, Lyn, and Hector: The FE7 gang is back together!
Any other ideas?

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Random thoughts here, Roy's our boy, is anyone excited to see all the lords interacting in a canon setting? We have:
  • Marth
  • Sigurd
  • Seliph
  • Leif
  • Alm
  • Celica
  • Roy
  • Eliwood
  • Hector
  • Lyndis
  • Eirika
  • Ephraim
  • Ike
  • Micaiah
  • Chrom
  • Lucina

• Marth, Roy, Ike, Lucina and Chrom: The first four recognize eachother from Smash, while Chrom grumbles to himself.
  • Marth, Chrom, and Lucina: Chrom and Lucina feel honored to meet their ancestor.
  • Lyndis and Lucina: Not sure how they'd interact, but I feel like it would be about swordplay.
Any other ideas?
I got one for ya

Robin and Mark: They talk about their grand tells of tough tactical calls that won the day.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
@ Marthmario Marthmario It would really be nice to see Roy reunited with his father. Epic father-son bonding time! Although, would it be young or old Eliwood?

Imagine if in SMT x FE, Roy reunites with younger Eliwood. And then there's younger Hector and Lilina... :laugh:

Oh man, when will we get new info on this game haha.

Last edited:

Marthmario

Smash Lord
@ Marthmario Marthmario It would really be nice to see Roy reunited with his father. Epic father-son bonding time! Although, would it be young or old Eliwood?

Imagine if in SMT x FE, Roy reunites with younger Eliwood. And then there's younger Hector and Lilina... :laugh:

I hope soon!

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026

I'm hoping for Young Eliwood, the Eliwood that everyone got to love.

Odd thought, what if Eliwood got into Smash and Roy was one of his alts?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm hoping for Young Eliwood, the Eliwood that everyone got to love.

Odd thought, what if Eliwood got into Smash and Roy was one of his alts?
Nope.avi
Wish I could get a better internet connection here - thunder storm killed our internet last night, and I was really wanting to discuss the Orbital Gate stage with the Krystal thread... Guess I'll wait. But in response to your idea, it may be a bit obscure. Roy's probably more recognised than Eliwood to Smashers and Fire Emblem players. Another problem is that they'd be too visually similar - It's easy to tell Lucina and Marth apart, but Roy and Eliwood are too genetically similar it might cause some confusion.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Nope.avi
Wish I could get a better internet connection here - thunder storm killed our internet last night, and I was really wanting to discuss the Orbital Gate stage with the Krystal thread... Guess I'll wait. But in response to your idea, it may be a bit obscure. Roy's probably more recognised than Eliwood to Smashers and Fire Emblem players. Another problem is that they'd be too visually similar - It's easy to tell Lucina and Marth apart, but Roy and Eliwood are too genetically similar it might cause some confusion.
Well, technically Eliwood has much harsher tones to his face, different apparel, and slightly Shorter hair.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Well, Eliwood could easily be one Roy's costume, even with the different blade.

I still hope for Roy as DLC character, but what I don't really understand is why he doesn't even have at least a trophy. Think about it, Roy is the only character who appeared first in a smash bros title than its original game, I think he deserve to be back in Smash 4.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Well, Eliwood could easily be one Roy's costume, even with the different blade.

I still hope for Roy as DLC character, but what I don't really understand is why he doesn't even have at least a trophy. Think about it, Roy is the only character who appeared first in a smash bros title than its original game, I think he deserve to be back in Smash 4.
Now that I think about it I'm surprised other FE characters from Marth and Roy's series aren't in the game. Its mostly Ike and Robin's series of trophies.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Probably because Marth and Roy's games were in 2D as opposed to 3D.
Like the Megaman character. Also, Lyn is from that game too and got a full 3d model for the assist trophy.
But maybe you're right, it was too much work to create 5-6 new 3d character from FE so they stick with Ike and Robin games.

But still...I miss Roy... ç_ç

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Like the Megaman character. Also, Lyn is from that game too and got a full 3d model for the assist trophy.
But maybe you're right, it was too much work to create 5-6 new 3d character from FE so they stick with Ike and Robin games.

But still...I miss Roy... ç_ç
There are so many Fire Emblem Characters to choose some its criminal. Both Payable Wise and Trophy support.

Roy Pharae

Smash Rookie
Considering FE6: Fuuin no tsurugi was the first Fire Emblem I had gotten the pleasure to play back when I got my first Gameboy back in 2002(I bought it with FE6, not bundled with it at a Japanese game store, because I sort of lived there till 2010), I would love it the first Lord character I played as would come back to the franchise. While their at it too can't we get Aren, Lance, Relina, and heck even Marcus to appear in the game (I know it is not possible to fit all the characters of FE6 in Smash bros (there are a lot of them). I'm still obsessed with the Game Franchise to date, and I want my Melee and Project M main to return once more.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
  • Marth
  • Sigurd
  • Seliph
  • Leif
  • Alm
  • Celica
  • Roy
  • Eliwood
  • Hector
  • Lyndis
  • Eirika
  • Ephraim
  • Ike
  • Micaiah
  • Chrom
  • Lucina

Any other ideas?
I'm more of a feel-sy type, so...

Lyn and Roy - Maybe expand on what happened to Lyn's life after Fire Emblem 7 and I'm sure Roy would have the most questions about one of his father's companions.

Sigurd and Seliph - This one might get really emotional.

Hector and Lilina - This one too.

Micaiah and Ike - Since these two never got a proper support conversation together, I want to see it happen here and especially since Micaiah is like one of the few people in the Tellius games to have a disdain for Ike.

Although, personally I want to see the other Fire Emblem characters (since you know, SMT x Fire Emblem is not exclusive to lords since Elincia, Sothe, Lilina, and Caeda were in the trailer too with no sign of Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, Celica, and Alm) interact with the SMT side. It is a crossover afterall and might help me learn more about SMT.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Alm calling all the other Lords whiny crybabies who can't stick to their beliefs and constantly second-guess themselves.

"We've driven the enemy to their gates, and now you would question our cause?"

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I'm more of a feel-sy type, so...

Lyn and Roy - Maybe expand on what happened to Lyn's life after Fire Emblem 7 and I'm sure Roy would have the most questions about one of his father's companions.

Sigurd and Seliph - This one might get really emotional.

Hector and Lilina - This one too.

Micaiah and Ike - Since these two never got a proper support conversation together, I want to see it happen here and especially since Micaiah is like one of the few people in the Tellius games to have a disdain for Ike.

Although, personally I want to see the other Fire Emblem characters (since you know, SMT x Fire Emblem is not exclusive to lords since Elincia, Sothe, Lilina, and Caeda were in the trailer too with no sign of Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, Celica, and Alm) interact with the SMT side. It is a crossover afterall and might help me learn more about SMT.

Woof, the Lyn and Roy one is going to break or make alot of people's head canons.

Speaking of Lyn...chances on her becoming a character along with Roy? I mean, FE7 just go re-released onto the WiiU VC so Nintendo knows how much people love it.

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Woof, the Lyn and Roy one is going to break or make alot of people's head canons.

Speaking of Lyn...chances on her becoming a character along with Roy? I mean, FE7 just go re-released onto the WiiU VC so Nintendo knows how much people love it.
Easy solution for the thing about Lyn and Roy. Just say this is only one timeline outcome and that there are multiple timelines that played out differently for Lyn and Roy. If Awakening has three timelines, I don't see why Elibe can't. Sure this is side-stepping, but 7 is an 11 year old game so I'm sure people don't care that much for their headcanons.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
With Awakening I think IntSys wants to presents us a "General" timeline. One where minor things such as "who ended up with who" remains ambiguous, but still yield the same result. Look at the Outrealms- they are remaining very ambiguous, although to be fair the Einherjar are not perfect copies of the heroes they're mirroring.

It's not like the SMT timelines where, for example, Raidou Kuzunoha's actions can completely change history and lead us from the timeline where the angels and demons remain on war, to one where other deities are an active threat to humanity.

I'm willing to accept that there can be multiple alternate universes in the Fire Emblem universe, each one with minor differences but with the same result in general. In a perfect world, where my Awakening OTP Robin/Lissa is canon, yes.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I really hope in SMT that the FE characters are not just Summons or are just Einherjar for the SMT cast to use.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I'd say only the "main heroes" (the ones teased in the trailer, alongside the others that weren't) become important to the story, while the rest can become summons, like regular Einherjar. Say, you have Roy and Lilina on Tokyo, but their comrades, like Wolt, Shanna, Raigh, Lugh, and the rest are just Einherjar. That'd be Fire Emblem's response to Shin Megami Tensei's Demon Summoning Program.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I'd say only the "main heroes" (the ones teased in the trailer, alongside the others that weren't) become important to the story, while the rest can become summons, like regular Einherjar. Say, you have Roy and Lilina on Tokyo, but their comrades, like Wolt, Shanna, Raigh, Lugh, and the rest are just Einherjar. That'd be Fire Emblem's response to Shin Megami Tensei's Demon Summoning Program.
Trying to give that much screen time to so many characters....my brain can't take it ;~;

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
I really want Alm to become a breakout character like with Firion in Dissidia. He's the only FE Lord that, at no point, questions his cause and wonders if he's doing the right thing, and I'd love to see them expand on that.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I really want Alm to become a breakout character like with Firion in Dissidia. He's the only FE Lord that, at no point, questions his cause and wonders if he's doing the right thing, and I'd love to see them expand on that.
And I really need to play the older Fire Emblem games post 6....and I need to beat 6 also...

ItsRy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Elibe-Guardian
3DS FC
3239-2802-5492
The link has a swear word in it so it got censored it seems. Replace the **** in the link with the F word and it'll show up. c:
yo (saw pic)

thats the way it should be

love it

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
If you like Legend of Zelda, Chrono Trigger, and Fireemblem then you'll love Golden Sun, They shiuld make a sequel to the original :D
Cool beans. On an unrelated note, I just started playing Elibian Nights on my phone emulator....its great :3

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Made by the glorious Quas Quas, who also made these.
IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!! T__T

Btw, got my email response from Nintendo like yesterday (suggested Roy for DLC and whatnot). It's a generic message, but at least it's edited a little, so that's something.

"Hello,

Thank you for writing. I would like to first apologize for the delay in our response, which is a result of the unseasonably high email volumes we've received recently.

Regarding the topic of your email, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write to us with your suggestion. As a fellow fan of both past and present titles in the Super Smash Bros. franchise, I can certainly understand why you'd like to see Roy added to the character lineup in the recently released Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U. While I can't guarantee that my doing so will result in the development and release of DLC featuring Roy, rest assured that all feedback is taken into consideration.

You won't be contacted any further on this particular topic, but please feel free to write back should you have any additional comments or concerns.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Brittani Swanson"

Well, it's nice to get things like this out anyway.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!! T__T

Btw, got my email response from Nintendo like yesterday (suggested Roy for DLC and whatnot). It's a generic message, but at least it's edited a little, so that's something.

"Hello,

Thank you for writing. I would like to first apologize for the delay in our response, which is a result of the unseasonably high email volumes we've received recently.

Regarding the topic of your email, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write to us with your suggestion. As a fellow fan of both past and present titles in the Super Smash Bros. franchise, I can certainly understand why you'd like to see Roy added to the character lineup in the recently released Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U. While I can't guarantee that my doing so will result in the development and release of DLC featuring Roy, rest assured that all feedback is taken into consideration.

You won't be contacted any further on this particular topic, but please feel free to write back should you have any additional comments or concerns.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Brittani Swanson"

Well, it's nice to get things like this out anyway.
I always love Nintendo for this kind of stuff. Sure its generic to all hell and back BUT it does show that they atleast take the time to talk to us from time to time.

EDIT: forgot to ask this in my first post but How old is Roy in FE6? I want to know so I can see how long of a time skip was between FE6 and FE7

Last edited:

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I always love Nintendo for this kind of stuff. Sure its generic to all hell and back BUT it does show that they atleast take the time to talk to us from time to time.

EDIT: forgot to ask this in my first post but How old is Roy in FE6? I want to know so I can see how long of a time skip was between FE6 and FE7
Roy is 15 years old during FE6's events. And I think the timeskip between FE6 abd FE7 is about 20 years. Since Louise is pregnant with Klein, and he's 19 years old when you meet him.

That makes him one of the youngest -if not, the youngest- Lord.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Roy is 15 years old during FE6's events. And I think the timeskip between FE6 abd FE7 is about 20 years. Since Louise is pregnant with Klein, and he's 19 years old when you meet him.

That makes him one of the youngest -if not, the youngest- Lord.
FE lords tend to be in the 16-20 age range if I remember right.

Also, by that math it would seem most of the FE7 cast would be a bunch of adults that I would love to see with many of the younger counter parts. adding more reason to remake both FE6 and FE7 and put it into one game.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
FE lords tend to be in the 16-20 age range if I remember right.

Also, by that math it would seem most of the FE7 cast would be a bunch of adults that I would love to see with many of the younger counter parts. adding more reason to remake both FE6 and FE7 and put it into one game.
Both FE4 and FE6/FE7 would be excellent choices for a remake considering Awakening's success. I wonder, however, if they'll consider implementing an Avatar mechanic now. Maybe in a less influential way than FE13 (plot-wise), but still an important character to the plot. But if they go by the same route again, maybe it'll be an opportunity to slightly re-write some parts of the story.

I'm all for this.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Both FE4 and FE6/FE7 would be excellent choices for a remake considering Awakening's success. I wonder, however, if they'll consider implementing an Avatar mechanic now. Maybe in a less influential way than FE13 (plot-wise), but still an important character to the plot. But if they go by the same route again, maybe it'll be an opportunity to slightly re-write some parts of the story.

I'm all for this.
I hope they let you have another Avatar system in future remakes! That was the best part of awakening!

And also seeing an old man Avatar helping out Roy would also be pretty hype.

Ivander

Smash Legend

I'm all for this.
[collapse=Avatar for Fire Emblem 6-7. Spoilers for FE7.]In FE7, the Tactician wasn't too important to the story besides inspiring Lyn to travel with him(which ultimately leads to her going to Caelin and, later in the story, potentially ends with her becoming the wife of Eliwood or Hector) and being the one to name Roy & Lilina.
Anyway, a backstory for Mark and how he ends up being found by Lyn would most likely be added. If they want to have the Tactician be able to stay young, most likely scenario would be making the Tactician a dragon, which would sound like something IS would do if they want to make the Avatar still be able to marry the children characters in FE6. Plus, weren't dragons important to FE6 and FE7?
That being said, an FE6/7 remake would most likely be the easiest to leave a good amount unchanged, even if the Avatar is made into a dragon, as the only major things that most likely would have to be added to the FE6 portion aren't affected by how big the backstory for the Avatar is, like siblings and new children, like a child for Lyn.[/collapse]

[collapse=Avatar for Fire Emblem 4. Spoilers for FE4.]An FE4 remake might be a bit trickier for the Avatar system, since they would most likely have to retcon Sigurd and Deirdre's marriage if they wish to make the Avatar be able to marry Sigurd or Deirdre and discuss what kind of backstory the Avatar will have. There would also be an issue with Holy Blood if they want to keep that mechanic in, although best scenario would be making the Holy Blood bit like the Best Stat/Worst Stat bit for the Avatar.
That being said, even without the Avatar, there would be a bunch of things they would need to discuss with for an FE4 remake, like Arvis and Deirdre's relation with each other, that moment in FE4 where a majority of characters are gone and if they will make Thracia 776 a part of the remake.[/collapse]

Anyway, I'm all up for Roy to come back, even if the reason is mostly because of wanting to bring the more unique/potential cuts back. But despite that, I'm all up for a remake of FE6/7 as I really did enjoy FE7 and I wouldn't mind a remake of FE4/5. Heck, if a remake of FE6/7 were to happen and come out just before the next Smash, that would definitely be Roy's and Lyn's best chance at having another go at being a playable character again. And I think Seliph would be a perfect(and somewhat ironic) Alt for Lucina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom