• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Still calling that it's Counter. The animation for Roy's counter in Melee is burned into my memory.

It does appear to be slightly different now, like it looks like it may possibly be a 2-part hit.. But in Melee, Roy holds the Sword of Seals backwars with one hand, and then flips it around and swings it when the Counter is activated.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Still calling that it's Counter. The animation for Roy's counter in Melee is burned into my memory.

It does appear to be slightly different now, like it looks like it may possibly be a 2-part hit.. But in Melee, Roy holds the Sword of Seals backwars with one hand, and then flips it around and swings it when the Counter is activated.
The sword swipe could just be for flashy effects and Roy is just being a show off.

Edit: The Sword swipe after what seems to be the counter, since a Sword swipe would be best to indicate when the hitboxes are coming out.

Last edited:

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Anyone else got confused on how Roy's Neutral B made Falco just disappear and leave a piece of turkey?

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
I hope Roy and Ryu don't get shafted in the customs department like Mewtwo. Although I'm not banking on it, I'm hoping the next update fixes that for Mewtwo also.

•Col•

Smash Champion
The sword swipe could just be for flashy effects and Roy is just being a show off.

Edit: The Sword swipe after what seems to be the counter, since a Sword swipe would be best to indicate when the hitboxes are coming out.
I just slowed it down, and I really think it's an updated look to his Counter.. The overhead sword swipe animation is almost exactly the same as his Melee counter's.. Then again, I guess it's kinda hard to differentiate so many sword attack animations.. But yeah, still going with Counter on this one.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I just slowed it down, and I really think it's an updated look to his Counter.. The overhead sword swipe animation is almost exactly the same as his Melee counter's.. Then again, I guess it's kinda hard to differentiate so many sword attack animations.. But yeah, still going with Counter on this one.

Roy holding his sword underhanded and with one hand looks like an entirely different move since Marth is closer to him than he was when Roy first hit him. Maybe that second animation is his Grab?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
My sincere congratulations, guys! Admittedly I was never a Fire Emblem fan, nor an enthusiast of Roy being back to the cast; but now, we all World Warriors and Fire Emblem fans (Lords? :p) share the same happiness!
Really nice to you guys! ^^

•Col•

Smash Champion
Roy holding his sword underhanded and with one hand looks like an entirely different move since Marth is closer to him than he was when Roy first hit him. Maybe that second animation is his Grab?
Roy holds the Sword of Seals underhanded with one hand in Melee for his Counter as well if you look closely. Then when it gets activated he grabs the blade with both hands and swings it around overhead.

Also, another thing.. Just realized in Melee that Roy's Classic Mode victory has him Countering Marth as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuJPFMu_B3A&t=12m58s&ab_channel=ThomasJ.Ashwell

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anyone else got confused on how Roy's Neutral B made Falco just disappear and leave a piece of turkey?
Yeah am not really sure what that was either. Maybe it's a joke of Sakurai? Maybe it's the actual effect of the full charged Neutral B now? As in, literally toasting your enemies? That'd be sort of cruel, but awesome looking still. Am also happy with the design choices they gave him. Seems like it's mostly inspired by Awakening, which was always the prefered look.

Seems like Roy has Marth's Final Smash however. I do hope that they at least make the Critical Hit in FE6's art style. Seems like he's a sort of Dr.Mario-like clone to Marth, but am sure Roy and Marth are gonna be more different from each other than Mario and Dr.Mario, or at least I'm hoping that.

Anyway, can't wait to try Roy!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Roy holds the Sword of Seals underhanded with one hand in Melee for his Counter as well if you look closely. Then when it gets activated he grabs the blade with both hands and swings it around overhead.

Also, another thing.. Just realized in Melee that Roy's Classic Mode victory has him Countering Marth as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuJPFMu_B3A&t=12m58s&ab_channel=ThomasJ.Ashwell
It is hard to be exact in the difference of Marth's positioning in both scenes, but doesn't Marth look closer to Roy than he does when Roy hit him? What I am saying is, they are not part of the same attack (not saying you are describing them as that either).

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
That could be from an custom equipments effect,or perhaps a brand new item or maybe it's roy custum neutral 2 and 3. Idk,what to say myself. I will say though how it always unamused me that falco wouldn't burned himself after making contact with his fire(like his up b) or enemy fire.

It's a nice touch. XD

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Trying to hype myself up for Roy by watch PM matches like these. That irony in the beginning tho.

D1. "They're probably gonna have a battle to who's in Smash 4"

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I had a feeling they'd go with an updated look for his FE6 design instead of the Awakening one, though I think that one will still be homaged in some form (as an alt. skin, maybe?).

Still, this means the only veteran who hasn't returned in some way or another is Pichu, since Young and Toon Link are basically evolutions of each other. :p

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'm gonna freak out if we get a Roy amiibo. Crossing my fingers.
If? Nintendo is a corporation that wants to make money. Roy is a character that has millions of fans. Fans have $$$. Roy Amiibo = $$$ for Nintendo, so Roy Amiibo is happening.

•Col•

Smash Champion
It is hard to be exact in the difference of Marth's positioning in both scenes, but doesn't Marth look closer to Roy than he does when Roy hit him? What I am saying is, they are not part of the same attack (not saying you are describing them as that either).
Yeah, I believe both are a part of his Counter. If you watch the animation for his Counter in Melee, it was kinda clunky and didn't make sense.. He basically breaks his wrists while doing it. My guess is that his Counter is now a 2-hit combo attack. He goes into his Counter stance from Melee, holding the sword backwards, then when it gets activated, he does an uppercut motion (the video clip starts here) and hit Marth, then spins around and does the overhead swing. Hope I explained that to be understandable enough. A little delirious right now since I haven't slept.

Also that Final Smash trophy..... Why does it look so familiar..

EDIT:

I had a feeling they'd go with an updated look for his FE6 design instead of the Awakening one, though I think that one will still be homaged in some form (as an alt. skin, maybe?).
-Cough-

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Yeah, I believe both are a part of his Counter. If you watch the animation for his Counter in Melee, it was kinda clunky and didn't make sense.. He basically breaks his wrists while doing it. My guess is that his Counter is now a 2-hit combo attack. He goes into his Counter stance from Melee, holding the sword backwards, then when it gets activated, he does an uppercut motion (the video clip starts here) and hit Marth, then spins around and does the overhead swing. Hope I explained that to be understandable enough. A little delirious right now since I haven't slept.
The first attack looks like a Side Smash though.

P.S. Good Night (whatever time it is for you) and get good rest.

I will be fixing up my Grandmother's yard at 9:34 and she has no internet at her house.

Edit: In case you don't hear from me in the future.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
GUYS !! ROY STILL SPEAK JAPANEASE ! AND BOKU WA MAKENAI IS A TAUNT !!!

THANKS TO THE LEAKED SFX .

All taunt are called "appeal" and the snd_vc_Roy_Appeal01 is Boku Wa Makenai

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
All Roy fans have to do now is wait until tomorrow to download their boy (unless they live in Japan, where he is already out).

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Sooooooooo I just woke up, and I got greeted by the best news ever.

We did it, guys. He's back. Our boy's back, and that new design is gorgeous.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
The first attack looks like a Side Smash though.

P.S. Good Night (whatever time it is for you) and get good rest.

I will be fixing up my Grandmother's yard at 9:34 and she has no internet at her house.

Edit: In case you don't hear from me in the future.
First attack looks like Flare Blade to me. F-Smash was a one-handed attack.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
First attack looks like Flare Blade to me. F-Smash was a one-handed attack.
Regardless, it looks like what would be a Forward Smash attack correct? Even though his F-Smash was a one-handed Sakurai could have spruced it up to look more original.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Regardless, it looks like what would be a Forward Smash attack correct? Even though his F-Smash was a one-handed Sakurai could have spruced it up to look more original.
The picking his foot off the ground is consistent with F-Smash, but the sword stance suggests Flare Blade... It could be either.

•Col•

Smash Champion
-Pics-

Specials.
So.. That 3rd one is Double-Edged Dance, right? If so, I'm happy. :) I'm interested in seeing if Sakurai decided to go the Wolf route with Roy.. Keep his Special Moves an offshoot of Marth's, but a lot of his normal attacks are different.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I may be late for the party but ROY IS BACK YES YES YES

ALSO JUN FUKUYAMA IS VOICING HIM

LEGIT SCREAMING AND (kinda) DYING HERE

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Counter List:
  • Marth
  • Lucina
  • Ike
  • Roy
  • Little Mac
  • Shulk
  • Palutena
  • Lucario
  • Greninja
  • Mii Swordsman (Custom)
  • Peach (Sort of)
  • Ryu? (Maybe)

Last edited:

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Yeah, just saw that released. The pose from the counter doesn't look like the one from the video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom