• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
and that he'll have his Awakening attire as his primary attire so the first thing some people think isn't "ZOMG why are they bringing Roy back?".
Don't worry, the army of crybabies and haters will moan about Roy's comeback even if his primary outfit its a Rainbow Dash cosplay costume...

By the way, if Roy get confirmed I really believe that will be at E3 and not at the concert, but mostly because, as you said, the E3 will bring a lot more exposure.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Just thought I would make it clear I was joking when I said this. I do feel bad for the Chrom fans, Lucina's and Robin's trailer was already a tough blow, but Sakurai then hit below the belt when the wrote/greenlite Robin's Palutenta Guidance part.

While I would find it funny for just a brief moment if Chrom was shown again only to reveal Roy, I agree, it would just be too much disrespect for the Chrom fans.
Agreed, Chrom fans have had to put up with so much, It's ridiculous.

I'm thinking he'll most likely get revealed at E3 along with Ryu and Wolf and hopefully we won't have to wait until July for that seeing as E3 brings a lot of exposure to game related things and a Japan exclusive concert wouldn't garnish that exposure.

I'm also really REALLY hoping Roy ends up decloned in the game so people won't b*tch and moan endlessly about 2 Marth clones being in the game and that he'll have his Awakening attire as his primary attire so the first thing some people think isn't "ZOMG why are they bringing Roy back?".
While there is no evidence that Roy will be decloned, I still think he most likely will, and I would just ignore the detractors if I were you. They will complain about him regardless of how much they change him.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

As of now, this would just be a plain malice to Chrom's fans that don't like to portray him as 100% dork + manchild with a sexy body for maximum playtoy husbando material. Not to mention it'd only enforce even malicious jokes to deconfirmations and such in bigger scale. We don't need new variations of "Ridley is too big and therefore is a joke", seriously.

Also as a traditional Chrom-fan not liking these jokes at the slightest, I'd really have a bad after-taste for something so great as Roy's confirmation. I want to enjoy Roy's inclusion by his own right, not in another expense of a character. And just to add into massive injury to my war flesh wound, it NEEDS to be the very character that has been beaten literally to death before.

It won't also bode well for Sakurai in any future plans or decisions regarding Smash Bros 4 (or beyond) due pandering to the very fanbase that makes Sakurai's work and well-being a living hell regarding requests and feedback to his decisions.

Unless Sakurai wants his series to be this way, in which case I wouldn't ever give a damn incase he'll ever complain about his fans being too unreasonable or other similar matter. Ever.

Seeing how just much Chrom-jokes there has been made by fans who also like him a lot, I think you're not alone.

To be frank, this joke is clearly a mainstay, and only a minority of Chrom's fans will hate on it, but it would just be a sad case of vocal minority being drowned by laughters all over the globe if they'd do this "again". But that's the problem.

Chrom has become an acceptable target to being referred as "worthless loser", which cringes me hard as it has mostly been one of the visible examples of how easily fictional characters have become more of tropes and stereotypes in a lot modern media, especially anime where awful harem animes and moe/loliblob-shows have basically blurred the connection between relatability to fictional characters for being reflection and portrayal of REAL HUMAN LIFE. I suggest you read the entirety of this article to see what I mean.

Going by the above article, Chrom basically has turned into this after his "sexiness" and "dorkiness" were more defining traits of him for being not entirely fleshed-up character compared to more colorful cast of Awakening. And this all being enforced by awful, AWFUL supports with F!MU in Awakening that are apparently too damn popular and basis for most female fans' relationship with him , which relied on these cliche anime tropes to create a scenario that has seen before million times already, and would have dreadful consequences in real life, instead of like, LEADING TO LOVE. (Also making his other supports sorta in existent that show his other character traits like having snark and down-to-earth, but just heart. FE used to play around with certain tropes in the past, but usually balanced it out with seriousness in the good end. Like with Lucius & Serra-supports from FE7)

The problem is, people don't bother portraying this enough or don't seem to remember how it truly is like in real life, which will then lead to further generalization, even if it might be harmful to the society and it's growth. (This is also why I didn't like Lissa's and M!MU's suppor despite marrying her because I was bullied a lot when little, especially by girls, and Lissa's pranks being shown as a way to "love" felt very much a thing I would have objected hard against.)

Roy has always been generalized as the "worst lord" in FE, just by stats alone, which have people instantly judge him by his popularity in Smash despite being a clone before, and slam him and his fans for those things. They tend to overlook his personality, which is shown as quite an inspiring role model and still is a relatable individual within. Do we need to force characters to be playable in Super Smash Bros in order to make people truly appreciate these characters and avoid them being turned into tropes and jokes at best? Surely we don't have to. So what's the point of forcing this idea of "loserfying" what are very popular and quite amazingly done fictional characters, or even average fictional characters in general? Ridley in his source material makes me shiver but also respect the guy for being such well-done villain. Same for Mewtwo, who gladly came back and now won't have jokes on his expense.
Chrom would have been still "not very interesting", but the needed every-man to his army of colorful fellas to balance it out, while also showing signs of humanity by sometimes goofing up, yet also showing snark and common sense in plenty situations he's in.

Basically, I'm sick of having to get an idea that real people can truly be pointed at and be mocked and spat on, while the universe around them magically renders any mental damage or other awful implications regarding these topics controversial in real life: most obviously by "they're just fictional people, don't take this so seriously!". I guess we can also show subjects that are controversial in real life as well that can trigger people, like showing pedophilia, ****, etc. Even if these things have already creeped in to cringe humor on some satirical shows and lolicon-appeal animes that more or less want to infantilize or even sexualize little girls.

Sorry if I again made a big rant about this, but I gave a lot more insight in why I truly am against generalizations based on deconfirmations and other salty jokes in Smash Bros.

Back to Roy now.

I'm kinda confident we're shown more DLC to ensure more widespread hype and presenting of Roy + Ryu in a global scale. But anything can happen, I might be proven wrong.
Not going to lie, but Yzma's face alone already set the mood of your post. Nice shot.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Agreed, Chrom fans have had to put up with so much, It's ridiculous.
No character deserved a disconfirmation like Chrom did, spending pretty much all of his time on the ground giving the impression of helplessness instead of fighting valiantly like Lucina did.

I'm also really REALLY hoping Roy ends up decloned in the game so people won't b*tch and moan endlessly about 2 Marth clones being in the game.
Complaints about two Marth clones are going to happen no matter what considering Roy won't be drastically changed, considering he will most likely be differentiated to a level on par with Falco and Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Complaints about two Marth clones are going to happen no matter what considering Roy won't be drastically changed, considering he will most likely be differentiated to a level on par with Falco and Ganondorf.
If they change him up to the extent of how Wolf is different from Fox, they'll stop with their stupid rhetoric.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
nah then they will just say they spent too much time on him to make him unique that could have been used elsewhere. Hate is mindless.
This is true, sadly. Regardless of how much they change Roy, the detractors will just keep on complaining, saying they could have used his ideas on another character or something. Just ignore them, though.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
nah then they will just say they spent too much time on him to make him unique that could have been used elsewhere. Hate is mindless.
That's a good point but you have to remember that portion of fans are pretty small overall. They'll always complain and moan because that's the way they are.

What I was talking about is the casual fan (or fans in general) that will buy Roy and immediately not like him (granted he's the exact same way he was in Melee) because his playstyle is too similar to Marth and Lucina's. That's the thing that worries me. Having Roy decloned in the same way Wolf is to Fox (meaning their B attacks will have slight similarities but their A attacks will be completely different) will solve this problem.

This is true, sadly. Regardless of how much they change Roy, the detractors will just keep on complaining, saying they could have used his ideas on another character or something. Just ignore them, though.
This so much. I want him decloned most so I can call people out for saying that. They want "unique" characters, and I want him unique so that he ultimately he is more enjoyable and will please more people who buy him, but the moment anyone who isn't on their silly choice list is unique, they will cry about it. Just look at Mewtwo, Duck Hunt, Charizard, Wii Fit Trainer, Jiggylpuff, and Pac-Man. They're entirely unique, but people have whined so much about them, calling them wasted slots or time that could have been spent developing "better" characters.

That's a good point but you have to remember that portion of fans are pretty small overall. They'll always complain and moan because that's the way they are.

What I was talking about is the casual fan (or fans in general) that will buy Roy and immediately not like him (granted he's the exact same way he was in Melee) because his playstyle is too similar to Marth and Lucina's. That's the thing that worries me. Having Roy decloned in the same way Wolf is to Fox (meaning their B attacks will have slight similarities but their A attacks will be completely different) will solve this problem.
I think you'll love the moveset I've been cooking up in my head the last few days. I intend to post it here and then send it to Nintendo.

Last edited:

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
I hope he will end up to be more like Falco to Fox other than Wolf. I still find his PM incarnation a lot enjoynable, I sure hope he will end up like that.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I hope he will end up to be more like Falco to Fox other than Wolf. I still find his PM incarnation a lot enjoynable, I sure hope he will end up like that.
Agreed, the Project M Team did wonders with Roy. He got greatly buffed, and they changed him in several ways to further differentiate him, while still feeling right at home for fans who liked him in Melee.

I personally find his Brawl Minus iteration best. Anyone who calls him a clone in Brawl Minus is an idiot, and he still retains all important fundamentals and pretty much plays the same, while being a lot more faithful to FE6 than PM. I'm hoping we get something like that or better.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I personally find his Brawl Minus iteration best. Anyone who calls him a clone in Brawl Minus is an idiot, and he still retains all important fundamentals and pretty much plays the same, while being a lot more faithful to FE6 than PM. I'm hoping we get something like that or better.
Yeah, Brawl Minus Roy is also great. He's drastically different to the point where even calling him a semi clone is debatable, and he even has a fire projectile with his forward tilt.

Moveset ideas for 3DS/Wii U:

Fsmash: Lunges forward, extending and exposing his body a bit more while slamming the Sword of Seals into the ground to get the most out of it its range. Not as fast as Marth's, but has a similar arc. One of the most powerful smashes in the game, and causes quite a bit of shield damage, which is a trade for its lower speed and leaving Roy more exposed.

Usmash: Same as Melee, but with Roy holding up the Sword of Seals with two hands, similar to his sprite animations. Stays out a bit longer than his previous usmash, which leaves it more punishable, but it's a trade for dealing more damage.

Dtilt: Keep the same. It fits Roy so well with its jerky animation and feeling of power. Allow it to true combo into some of Roy's basic moves, like his aerials, tilts, and grab.

Forward tilt: Roy slashes and extends a short horizontal pillar of flame, functioning as a short-ranged projectile that reaches out a bit farther than Marth's ftilt. The catch is that Roy's slash doesn't have as extreme of an arc as Marth's sword and doesn't extend as long vertically, but the pillar reaching farther than Marth's ftilt horizonally makes up for it.

Neutral B: Keep the exact same as before, including the 50% damage. B reverse Flare Blade will be so sexy. Embarrass

Down Special: Roy coats his sword in flame, allowing attacks to deal extra damage and knockback afterwards. The longer it's held, the stronger the boost, and the longer it lasts. Remove the counter or place it in custom specials like with Pit's counter.

All other moves should be replaced with better moves that will make him on-par with Marth and Lucina. Roy needs more moves where he attacks two-handed and uses fire to better show his reckless, brusque fighting style, and to differentiate him from Marth. Since he has a shield on his arm as a Mercenary outside his concept art, it could function like Link/TL's shield, except when he attacks, which makes sense just like Link/TL with his own new two-handed strikes.

Troykv

Smash Master

Fsmash: Lunges forward, extending and exposing his body a bit more while slamming the Sword of Seals into the ground to get the most out of it its range. Not as fast as Marth's, but has a similar arc. One of the most powerful smashes in the game, and causes quite a bit of shield damage, which is a trade for its lower speed and leaving Roy more exposed.

Usmash: Same as Melee, but with Roy holding up the Sword of Seals with two hands, similar to his sprite animations. Stays out a bit longer than his previous usmash, which leaves it more punishable, but it's a trade for dealing more damage.

Dtilt: Keep the same. It fits Roy so well with its jerky animation and feeling of power. Allow it to true combo into some of Roy's basic moves, like his aerials, tilts, and grab.

Forward tilt: Roy slashes and extends a short horizontal pillar of flame, functioning as a short-ranged projectile that reaches out a bit farther than Marth's ftilt. The catch is that Roy's slash doesn't have as extreme of an arc as Marth's sword and doesn't extend as long vertically, but the pillar reaching farther than Marth's ftilt horizonally makes up for it.

Neutral B: Keep the exact same as before, including the 50% damage. B reverse Flare Blade will be so sexy. Embarrass

Down Special: Roy coats his sword in flame, allowing attacks to deal extra damage and knockback afterwards. The longer it's held, the stronger the boost, and the longer it lasts. Remove the counter or place it in custom specials like with Pit's counter.

All other moves should be replaced with better moves that will make him on-par with Marth and Lucina. Roy needs more moves where he attacks two-handed and uses fire to better show his reckless, brusque fighting style, and to differentiate him from Marth. Since he has a shield on his arm as a Mercenary outside his concept art, it could function like Link/TL's shield, except when he attacks, which makes sense just like Link/TL with his own new two-handed strikes.

Oh yeah, he attacks with the Fuuin no Tsurugi using both hands... No? :p

This so much. I want him decloned most so I can call people out for saying that. They want "unique" characters, and I want him unique so that he ultimately he is more enjoyable and will please more people who buy him, but the moment anyone who isn't on their silly choice list is unique, they will cry about it. Just look at Mewtwo, Duck Hunt, Charizard, Wii Fit Trainer, Jiggylpuff, and Pac-Man. They're entirely unique, but people have whined so much about them, calling them wasted slots or time that could have been spent developing "better" characters..
Pretty much all the time talking about Ridley, Isaac, and DK Characters

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord

You did a great job with these ideas for Roy's moveset. I also personally think he should have fire effects on most of his attacks, since that is one of the key traits of the Binding Blade/Sword of Seals.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
See my moveset if your looking for something that makes him very unique from Marth and Lucina yet is still true to his old moveset.

Neutral Animation: Same as his old Melee animation.

:GCA: Jab: Same as his Melee jab.

:GCR::GCL::GCA:Forward Tilt: Like his PM F-tilt

:GCU::GCA:Up Tilt: Tilts his sword diagonally as opposed to Marth and Lucina's horizontal tilt.

:GCD::GCA:Down Tilt: Like Shulk's though it has the same effect as his Melee D-tilt.

:GCR::GCL::GCA:Forward Smash: Brings his sword towards his body and thrusts his sword horizontally as opposed to Marth and Lucina's vertical slash.

:GCU::GCA:Up Smash: Thrusts his sword in the air twice quickly that has a fire effect.

:GCD::GCA:Down Smash: Sweeps his sword in on direction as opposed to both that covers a lot of space and has a fire effect.

:GCA:Neutral Air: Pretty much the same as his PM N-air

:GCR::GCL::GCA:Forward Air: Swings his sword horizontally as opposed to Marth and Lucina's vertical swing.

:GCL::GCR::GCA:Back Air: Like his PM B-air.

:GCU::GCA:Up Air: Swings his sword twice quickly

:GCD::GCA:Down Air: Same as his Melee one only with better hitboxes and a fiery spike.

:GCB:Flare Blade (Revamped): Roy charges his sword; holding it upwards instead of near his shoulder and lunges his blade horizontally instead of thrusting it towards the ground. This will make his attack more in line with his FE6 Sword of Seals animation.

:GCR::GCL::GCB:Flame Charge: A brand new side B where he uses fire projectiles. Roy's start up animation is similar to Ike's side B only he chages and shoots fireballs from his sword. Damage and knockback depend on how long the attack is charged.

:GCU::GCB:Blazer (Revamped & Buffed): Roy moves in a 360 degree motion upwards that has great vertical and horizontal recovery.

:GCD::GCB:Double-Edged Counter: A combination of Roy's Melee counter and his Double-Edged Dance (which would be replaced by his Flame Charge in this case). Roy can use his Counter like normal though he can futher extend the attack by pressing :GCN::GCB:which lets him use his old Side B with an added fire effect.

:GCB:Ultimate Flare: Roy's Final Smash. Like Marth/Lucina's Critical Hit, Roy goes from one end of the stage to the other and instead of directly hitting his opponents, he traps them in a fiery volcano-like eruption that does massive damage and knockback to his opponents.

Can someone post this list to replace my old custom list on the front page? This one is much better than the one I had there.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
See my moveset if your looking for something that makes him very unique from Marth and Lucina yet is still true to his old moveset.

Neutral Animation: Same as his old Melee animation.

:GCA: Jab: Same as his Melee jab.

:GCR::GCL::GCA:Forward Tilt: Like his PM F-tilt

:GCU::GCA:Up Tilt: Tilts his sword diagonally as opposed to Marth and Lucina's horizontal tilt.

:GCD::GCA:Down Tilt: Like Shulk's though it has the same effect as his Melee D-tilt.

:GCR::GCL::GCA:Forward Smash: Brings his sword towards his body and thrusts his sword horizontally as opposed to Marth and Lucina's vertical slash.

:GCU::GCA:Up Smash: Thrusts his sword in the air twice quickly that has a fire effect.

:GCD::GCA:Down Smash: Sweeps his sword in on direction as opposed to both that covers a lot of space and has a fire effect.

:GCA:Neutral Air: Pretty much the same as his PM N-air

:GCR::GCL::GCA:Forward Air: Swings his sword horizontally as opposed to Marth and Lucina's vertical swing.

:GCL::GCR::GCA:Back Air: Like his PM B-air.

:GCU::GCA:Up Air: Swings his sword twice quickly

:GCD::GCA:Down Air: Same as his Melee one only with better hitboxes and a fiery spike.

:GCB:Flare Blade (Revamped): Roy charges his sword; holding it upwards instead of near his shoulder and lunges his blade horizontally instead of thrusting it towards the ground. This will make his attack more in line with his FE6 Sword of Seals animation.

:GCR::GCL::GCB:Flame Charge: A brand new side B where he uses fire projectiles. Roy's start up animation is similar to Ike's side B only he chages and shoots fireballs from his sword. Damage and knockback depend on how long the attack is charged.

:GCU::GCB:Blazer (Revamped & Buffed): Roy moves in a 360 degree motion upwards that has great vertical and horizontal recovery.

:GCD::GCB:Double-Edged Counter: A combination of Roy's Melee counter and his Double-Edged Dance (which would be replaced by his Flame Charge in this case). Roy can use his Counter like normal though he can futher extend the attack by pressing :GCN::GCB:which lets him use his old Side B with an added fire effect.

:GCB:Ultimate Flare: Roy's Final Smash. Like Marth/Lucina's Critical Hit, Roy grows from one end of the stage to the other and instead of directly hitting his opponents, he traps them in a fiery volcano like eruption that does massive damage and knockback to his opponents.

Can someone post this list to replace my old custom list in the front page? This one is much better than the one I had there.
Good work on this. I really like all the changes you came up with, especially the new Side and Down Bs.

I'm going to make koopaling mii brawlers for the tournament because at least they're viable :troll:

Shots fired, and they worked because they're not as slow or predictable as Bowser Jr.'s cannonballs.

Last edited:
Let's not take potshots.

Everybody's entitled to play whomever they desire.
Don't worry, I'm just kidding. I think Bowser Jr. is good, and I'm not one to judge people for who they play in a serious context (any bashing for main choice I do isn't serious) especially after seeing players like Nairo, aMSa, Axe, and NEO who play at top level with underrated characters and their optimism with their characters in action, and what they can do when they don't let outside negativity towards their characters get to them.

I just have infinite :salt: when it comes to the koopalings. A decent handful of Colorado players use the Roy alt to spite me, and using Roy tags online gets a fair amount of Roy koopa users immediately after game 1 unless they're already at the CSS. I just give #shots for good fun in return, nothing else.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I wish their would be a remote control like the one from the movie Click so I could fast forward to E3.

GTFO May! Nobody wants you here!

Last edited:
I wish their would be a remote control like the one from the movie Click so I could fast forward to E3.

Ikr. All I can do for the next month and a half is enjoy working in a terribly understaffed restaurant with no applications up when we're usually swimming in them by now each year, at a really busy time, while enjoying the FE characters whenever I'm off and dreading the next shift. :urg:

Even if it doesn't end up working out, E3's going to be good enough to keep me going this summer regardless of whether Roy is revealed or not. Soooo much to look forward too, I think 2015 will be a much better year for gaming than 2013 and 2014 were.

What do you guys want to see most for Mii Fighter outfits and alt costumes, btw? I was hoping they'd go the route of putting FE protagonists in as Mii costumes, along with maybe seeing some lords one alt apiece for Marth (Seliph, descendent of Marth who fits his build and would work well with the tipper mechanic), Ike (Alm since they seem like they'd be eerily similar, or his own PoR Lord outfit since it's popular and I love it most out of his outfits as well, along with repping both PoR and RD), and Lucina with Eirika. I sometimes see Eirika when I play Lucina and it drives me nuts, and I was disappointed to not see Lucina get an Eirika palette, at the very least.

If they don't go that route, since it's really unlikely, I'd like to see Marth and Ike's Brawl outfits make a return as paid DLC outfits, and Lucina in her upcoming Nohr/Hoshido and TCG appearance. Personally, I'd like to see this most, and it'd fit in better with FE characters as Mii costumes, but I still like my other idea. If Roy doesn't come with both of his outfits, I'd like to see whichever one that didn't make it either free since we'd already have to pay for his DLC, paid DLC with bundles included with the Roy DLC, or anything else they come up with.

Anything else you guys want to see at E3?

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I have full confidence that Roy will be revealed at E3 personally. It would be a stupid mistake to not have him revealed there.

Also, whatever happened to @Adeptmune?

I have full confidence that Roy will be revealed at E3 personally. It would be a stupid mistake to not have him revealed there.

Also, whatever happened to @Adeptmune?
I was told she had finals, and she had one huge game design project outside school, which she posted some results of two days ago elsewhere. If she's not back by Wednesday or so, I may shoot a quick message to check up.

She's :ness2: as far as I know.

I haven't seen royalblue lately either, and it feels like someone else hasn't been on in a while, but I can't pinpoint who...

I'll probably remember who it is randomly at work tomorrow.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I was told she had finals, and she had one huge game design project outside school, which she posted some results of two days ago elsewhere. If she's not back by Wednesday or so, I may shoot a quick message to check up.

She's :ness2: as far as I know.

I haven't seen royalblue lately either, and it feels like someone else hasn't been on in a while, but I can't pinpoint who...

I see. The Royvolution has to stick together ya know.

On a related note, 37 days to E3. I know, i'm so desperate to see more character reveals that i'm counting down the days.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

Even if it doesn't end up working out, E3's going to be good enough to keep me going this summer regardless of whether Roy is revealed or not. Soooo much to look forward too, I think 2015 will be a much better year for gaming than 2013 and 2014 were.
And after E3 we have the FE concert to look forward to, whether we get info about Roy or not. I know I can't wait for the awesome music and the talk show!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

And after E3 we have the FE concert to look forward to, whether we get info about Roy or not. I know I can't wait for the awesome music and the talk show!
Really though, May is getting in the way to my date with June and that's really aggravating me

Meh, I always liked Misty over May really.

But yeah, like I said before, Roy's defiantly going to happen at E3. Theirs no way Nintendo will put off releasing him at a Japan exclusive concert a month and a half later when they can reveal him at E3, an event that has a lot of exposure and will also have other FE games being shown off. The only Smash thing related I can see happening is Sakurai giving a final release date for Roy's release. I'm pretty sure Sakurai doesn't want Smash to be the only thing associated with him and wants to attend the FE concert as a fan/presenter and not an advertiser.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
What do you guys want to see most for Mii Fighter outfits and alt costumes, btw? I was hoping they'd go the route of putting FE protagonists in as Mii costumes, along with maybe seeing some lords one alt apiece for Marth (Seliph, descendent of Marth who fits his build and would work well with the tipper mechanic), Ike (Alm since they seem like they'd be eerily similar, or his own PoR Lord outfit since it's popular and I love it most out of his outfits as well, along with repping both PoR and RD), and Lucina with Eirika. I sometimes see Eirika when I play Lucina and it drives me nuts, and I was disappointed to not see Lucina get an Eirika palette, at the very least.

If they don't go that route, since it's really unlikely, I'd like to see Marth and Ike's Brawl outfits make a return as paid DLC outfits, and Lucina in her upcoming Nohr/Hoshido and TCG appearance. Personally, I'd like to see this most, and it'd fit in better with FE characters as Mii costumes, but I still like my other idea. If Roy doesn't come with both of his outfits, I'd like to see whichever one that didn't make it either free since we'd already have to pay for his DLC, paid DLC with bundles included with the Roy DLC, or anything else they come up with.

Anything else you guys want to see at E3?
I think it would be cool to see Mii costumes based on more obscure characters that wouldn't have gotten in any other way. I really hope we get DLC costumes for fighters other than Miis... though there are so many characters I wonder who would be top priority.

For E3 I would love to see more info and footage for games we know little about. Stuff like Star Fox U, Zelda Wii U, SMT x FE, Fire Emblem IF, etc. An update on that Pokemon detective game would be nice (ahhh, that nightmare fuel Pikachu). Oh, and Project Treasure as well. And of course, a Roy & Ryu reveal. I'm sure we'll get some surprises too.

In terms of new games that I hope will get announced... well, I don't really know what I want lol. But, I would really love a surprising announcement. Give us like a sequel/remake from an obscure or weird game, like Cubivore (and I just learned that IS co-developed the game) or Captain Rainbow (all my money for a sequel). Or something else that's a curve ball.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Things I want from E3...

More info on...

- Star Fox Wii U
- Fire Emblem If
- Xenoblade Chronicles X (For us western fans)
- LoZ Wii U (unlikely though because of the games delay)

Reveals of...

- Pokemon Z
- Mother 3 on the VC
- Fire Emblem 7 + 6 remake on the 3DS (please, pretty please Nintendo?)
- Super Mario Sunshine 2 or Super Mario 64 2 because I really don't like the Galaxy games
- Pokemon Yellow remake to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the series next year
- New Mario Tennis game on the Wii U
- F-Zero Wii U

And of course, the Smash reveals for Wolf, Roy, and Ryu.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Roy reveal + FE6 & 7 remake announcement would make me die of happiness.

I'm just mostly curious on that Pokemon detective game and Project Treasure. I know if we don't get any new info on them, it's probably gonna bug me until we do lol.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Super Mario Sunshine 2 or Super Mario 64 2 because I really don't like the Galaxy games.
All of my yes. Sunshine is one of my favorite Mario games, and I would love to see a sequel.

Mother 3 on the VC.
I have an extremely strong feeling that they'll finally localise Mother 3, with Lucas back and all.

Fire Emblem 7 + 6 remake on the 3DS (please, pretty please Nintendo?)
I'd love to see remakes of FE 6 and 7.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Not only that but it would finally put a rest to all the "Roy is bad in his own game" crap if it fixes Roy's stats (which it would pretty much have to do really) and would finally give Western fans to have the second part of the Elibe story after FE7's cliffhanger ending.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Not only that but it would finally put a rest to all the "Roy is bad in his own game" crap if it fixes Roy's stats (which it would pretty much have to do really) and would finally give Western fans to have the second part of the Elibe story after FE7's cliffhanger ending.
Improving Roy's stats in an absolute must, especially to bring all the "Worst Lord in the series" and "Roy sucked in his own game" complaints to an end. They could also maybe flesh out his personality a bit more.

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
I bought an eShop gift card last night, holding out in faith for my boy :roypm:

Please don't disappoint us Sakurai...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom