• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
My favourite was the Wyrm Rider, I liked both the idea and the actual gameplay of the class.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I just finished FE7 for the first time in a loooong time...holy bojackson geebus this game is the greatest!

Its a real shame 7 was made after 6 when you think about it, so many great things they could use from 7 to improve 6.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I just finished FE7 for the first time in a loooong time...holy bojackson geebus this game is the greatest!

Its a real shame 7 was made after 6 when you think about it, so many great things they could use from 7 to improve 6.
It might sound silly given that we have two great FE stages, but are there any memorable locations from Elibe that could be incorporated as a stage? I know we've got Coliseum and Castle Siege, but is there one place in Elibe as memorable as say Arena Ferox?

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
It might sound silly given that we have two great FE stages, but are there any memorable locations from Elibe that could be incorporated as a stage? I know we've got Coliseum and Castle Siege, but is there one place in Elibe as memorable as say Arena Ferox?
The Dragons Gate, no doubt

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
It could be a great stage, with the dragon that randomly appear from the background as a stage hazard.

Today I've encountered online a Marth player with the Roy costume...my heart is just...just broken...

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
That the feeling every fighting game fan sees there favorite character as background, pallet swap, ect

Also, another cool idea for the stage would be having Nergal and the dragon switching in and around from time to time. Like one time you get the dragon and the next you have Nergal being awesome

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It could be a great stage, with the dragon that randomly appear from the background as a stage hazard.

Today I've encountered online a Marth player with the Roy costume...my heart is just...just broken...
Why not try exploiting that as a way to promote Roy? As stated on the roy4smash website, try using the Roy colours on Marth while also bearing a name like RoysMyBoy or Roy4DLC in the online mode. Here's a picture of some names I prepared on Miiverse
(Don't know what on earth TONICWATER is about - used it once when I was playing as Greninja, and it just walked into my head for some reason. But yes, the violet costume was the reason why I hated Marth and moved to Lucina.)
BKupa666 over on the K. Rool thread often does this with a similar tag name of "KRool4DLC", so perhaps a tag name could help us gain recognition.

Last edited:

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
I'm NOT going to use that palette. That's not my boy. THAT'S NOT MY BOY!!

Also, that costume is literally the result of Roy being cutted from the cast...

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
I use the Roy palette and have "RoysOurBoy" as my tag when I use For Glory. I also put the site as my status message so they can see it if they view my profile.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHiEPRmJ4g

It's nice to see more people showing how much they want Roy back in Super Smash Bros. :) (On a side note, I'm just going to say that it seems like Nintendo might consider a new F-Zero, so we'll be waiting for you, Captain Falcon Source http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...for_e3_a_future_for_f_zero_and_more!:falcon64:)
Back on topic, I was wondering - why does the Sword of Seals have limited uses unlike the other legendary weapons like Ragnell and Falchion? I'm not sure why, but the idea came to me if it should be incorporated into a weapon system like Robin has - For example, Roy could use the Sword of Seals like the Levin Sword for extra fire damage but extra lag on his attacks, while when the SoS is not in use, he uses his blade from Awakening (Which looks like this)
The tradeoff for the fire being weaker attacks with little lag between attacks. By the way, it's fine if you think that the durability system should be exclusive to Robin, but perhaps given that it's unlike the other FE character's weapons in terms of breakability I thought it might have lead to something unique with Roy. Thoughts?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Well, I just came back, though an extra day late. Seems like I missed a bit of discussion. Definitely need to catch up on some postings haha.

@ Strider_Bond00J Strider_Bond00J glad you posted that miiverse post as I just saw it and was thinking about posting it. I think it's fun doing things like this. Even if nothing comes from it, at least it's nice to see all the support.

And I'm fine if they want to go the durability route with the SoS, though I would prefer if they find another gimmick for Roy. Don't really know why the sword has limited uses in game. I would guess maybe because they wanted to add a bit more difficulty and balance as I can't think of any in game story reason atm. Who knows, but the SoS is still one badass weapon anyway :smirk:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
So, we're going to go by the name "Lycia Alliance" then. How do you want to refer to each other & supporters? Perhaps "knights"?

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
So, we're going to go by the name "Lycia Alliance" then. How do you want to refer to each other & supporters? Perhaps "knights"?
The nights of Lycia? if we're going to go that far deep we would need to pick a location in it to solify it

....dipsonsacea....

I finally decided to pop in here. The discussion still going on makes me happy and gave me the tag idea. I'mgoing to use RoyForDLC or something similar and link the site in my internet options profile.

Last edited:

JJpalmer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jjpalmer
3DS FC
2664-2947-4020
Popping in from the Royvolution on Facebook so glad to be in a social thread about my favorite series and favorite character.I love Ike but Roy introduced the series to me so I will always be a fan of him

BoN~

Smash Cadet
NNID
Riskyx
3DS FC
4742-7971-2374
Hi!
I AlReady Helped The Cause Using The Roy Palette Swap Of Marth,Posting In Miivers Over Isaac And Roy,Etc...
Please Add Me In The List Of Supporters? :3

PD : I Sendeed A Email To Nintendo and
he Has Been Replyed :)

Recently you requested assistance from our support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response. Please visit our Consumer Support page to get answers to all of your support questions.

Response By Email (01/05/2015 11:44 AM)
Hello,

Thank you for writing to us. As a fellow fan of the Super Smash Bros. games, I can share in your interest in seeing Roy return to the series, as well as seeing Isaac added as a playable character. Your comments regarding this subject are very important to us; as such, I'll be sure to document your email and add it to the record of feedback for the newest Super Smash Bros. games. I can't guarantee that we will do as you suggested, but please know your comments will be heard and taken into consideration when future decisions are made.
If or when we make an announcement about Roy or Isaac joining the battle, we'll be sure to share all of the exciting details at the official Super Smash Bros website (http://smashbros.com). Until then, we appreciate your patience and ask that you keep an eye on the website.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Curtis Neal

_
Customer By CSS Email (01/05/2015 07:41 AM)

Hello Nintendo
I Really Want Roy For Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U! :/
Pls,take a look on this nintendo :c
http://www.royforsmash4.com/

Another character has i want...is isaac from golden sun
Thanks!!!!! :)

BoN~

Smash Cadet
NNID
Riskyx
3DS FC
4742-7971-2374
Popping in from the Royvolution on Facebook so glad to be in a social thread about my favorite series and favorite character.I love Ike but Roy introduced the series to me so I will always be a fan of him
Im A User From The Royvolution Group!
Im "Bonnie Exe"

KFrosty

Smash Apprentice
Roy for DLC Support Thread - Reignite TEH PHIR3!!

"We fight to win this war. But how can we call it a victory with the deaths of so many innocents?" -- Roy

Welcome! Now that character DLC has been confirmed (with Mewtwo coming in 2015), speculation and focus has shifted to support Roy for DLC. You could say the general idea of this thread is to provide a hub for Roy fans/supporters, or anyone else, that would like to discuss Roy's potential for DLC, as well as contribute anything. Do you think we will see the return of Roy? Maybe not? Contribution could also include moveset speculation, costume ideas, providing resources/links for those who wish to further extend their support elsewhere, etc. Even saying, "I support Roy" and a little explanation why is great -- it's the little things like these always puts a smile on my face.

Before I get into Roy's impact on the Smash series and why should he return, I'd like to briefly look at of the events that happens in the Sword of Seals, and who exactly Roy is. The Sword of Seals is a Japanese-only game; as such, I feel like I should go over various things, since there may be a lot of people who haven't experienced the game. There will be some minor spoilers.

Who is Roy?

Pfft, that's easy. He's the dude with the fire sword in Super Smash Melee!

In all seriousness, that's sorta true. Roy's first appearance -- his big debut -- was in Melee. However, he is a Fire Emblem Lord, and like every Lord, he starts in his own game.

Roy in FE6

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals (or Nintendo's official translation, "The Binding Blade", but I'll keep things short and call the game "FE6") was released in Japan on March 29, 2002, which is a little over four months after Melee's Japanese release. The setting takes place in Elibe, in which the continent consists of five countries: Lycia, Bern, Etruria, Sacae, and Ilia, and many other regions. Lycia in particular consists of 14 noble houses, including Ostia and Pherae (which Roy hails from). The basic premise shows our hero, Roy, originally studying in Ostia (Lycia's capital). However, later he leads Pherae's army against Bern's invasions on Lycia, after his father (Eliwood) falls ill. Roy (who's officially 15) joins up with the rest of Lycia's armies, effectively leading the League of Lycia's armies against Bern's forces.

A map of Elibe

Despite being thrown into a heated war against one of most powerful military nations, over time Roy gains more faith in himself as a leader and dependence in his allies.

Closer to the end, Roy obtains a divine sword, the Sword of Seals, which has fire and magical properties. Some include:

• Can ignite and create fire projectiles
  • Healing properties
  • Bonus effects like more damage versus dragons
  • Can help to seal away beings
  • Can react and adjust its power accordingly to the wielder's emotions (for example, if the wielder does not want to kill the opponent, the sword can knock the opponent unconscious instead)
  • Considered stronger than the legendary weapons of Elibe

Roy wielding the SoS

And throw in some dragons and there you have FE6...

That being said, Roy has also appeared during the ending in FE7 (prequel to FE6), but more of a small cameo.

A younger Roy

In Awakening, Roy's available to join your army through a DLC episode and SpotPass. DLC Roy is available by purchasing Xenologue: Champions of Yore 2, in which Roy's given a kickass redesign by artist Kimihiko Fujisaka (The Last Story) for his artwork.

Roy's redesign

An interesting thing to note, is that the DLC episodes featuring Ike vs Roy and their armies is called "Xenologue: Smash Brethren", an obvious reference to the Smash Bros. series. The episode's name is different in the Japanese version though (thank you based NoA).

In the upcoming crossover, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, Roy is set to appear. As of now, we know very little of the game. Yamagami has said the game's moving along schedule at the Codename S.T.E.A.M roundtable. We only have a teaser from last year. Nintendo has also confirmed SMT x FE in their financial reports multiple times before. Click here for the latest one (release date's TBD for now).

Roy also appears the Hasha no Tsurugi manga, which was serialized in Monthly Shonen Jump. There are pre-downloaded events available in special FE6 cartridges that are influenced by the manga. Check them out here!

Roy In Smash Bros.

Roy's appearance in Super Smash Melee

Most people first got introduced to Roy through Melee (unless you knew about FE6 prior to Melee's release by some means. Click here for early FE6 footage from Space World 2001!). In fact, originally Marth and Roy weren't going to be included in the Western release of Melee. However, American employees insisted that they stay. It was because of Marth and Roy's inclusion that sparked curiosity in the West, thus helping to make the decision to localize the FE games (starting with FE7). Interestingly enough, NoA seemed interested in localizing FE6, sometime after Melee. It could be because of Marth and Roy's popularity, or more specifically Roy's since I'm not sure why would they pick FE6, considering FE7 was coming around.

There are many reasons why people love to play as Roy. It could be because of his play style. Or his fire sword and cool looks. Or perhaps Roy helped introduce them to the FE series. Or maybe because of his red hair... any reason is valid. I'll briefly go over some reasons as to why Roy would be a good choice for DLC:

• A decently popular requested character in both Japan and in the West during Smash 4' development. Also, there were some Japanese polls done some about cut characters some time ago: http://smashboards.com/threads/roy.324203/page-25#post-15647046 Thanks SSBF for the pics. These polls were constructed a long time ago, but they're still interesting to look at for the heck of it
  • FE6 had a big impact on series (at least looking at it form Japan's perspective). Can be considered a game that revived the series, and included many staple elements. In a nutshell, the transition from FE5 --> FE6 was big (almost like the previous FE games to Awakening, but not as drastic). Shouzou Kaga (the creator of FE) left after FE5. After FE5 (a game that's know for its difficulty), it seemed like Nintendo wanted the series to be more accessible -- a game that's not only for the hardcore fans, but for new ones. For example, making FE6 more simpler, including a tutorial mode (that's optional), more cute and young-looking characters/brighter art style to perhaps attracted the younger crowd, etc., etc., may have helped
  • FE6 generally has great recognition from Japan (check FE6's reviews here and Awakening's here for comparison). If you're curious about some Japanese FE sales, check out a sales chart here (I personally don't use sales a lot in arguments, but I'd rather have some sources handy just in case)
  • Roy could be an easy character to implant if going the clone-ish route. If not, then the SoS has many characteristics and properties that could make Roy unique
  • Higher up at IS stated that remaking FE6 would give Roy a chance to be properly introduced in the West. Whether that remake is ever going to happen, idk, but if Roy's in, I think that remake will have a good chance at being green-lit. Or perhaps Roy would be a good character to help promote the remake (hey, I'm still waiting for info on SMT x FE... worrying about FE14 is the least of my worries).
  • TEH PHIR3!!

I do think that if Roy were to be DLC, he'd still retain some clone-ish properties, seeing that characters like Ganon and Falco aren't totally revamped (although, we'll have to wait and see on Mewtwo...). On the bright side, Roy's tipper mechanic (doing more damage near the centre of the blade, er, well, I guess it's more like hilt lol) is still a unique and interesting thing. If implanted, he could fit a rush down archetype, getting into the face of an opponent to deal some strong damage. Perhaps Roy could also dip into being a glass cannon a little. Although, giving Roy a projectile could help with zoning and make him stand out more versus Marth, Ike, and Lucina.

Moveset Ideas

"Feel the wrath of my fire! ARRGHHH!!... (it's a good thing I'm wearing non-flammable clothing)"

[collapse=Moveset #1][/collapse]
[collapse=Moveset #2][/collapse]
[collapse=Moveset #3][/collapse]

Custom Specials
[collapse=Moveset #1][/collapse]
[collapse=Moveset #2][/collapse]

Colour swaps/costume ideas

Credit goes to SchAlternate

Fanart

[collapse=Artworks]Some Miiverse posts I've made a looong time ago:

^ internet glitched up, and I couldn't post but I took a pic with my webcam

Smash 4 icon:

Credit goes to J04KlM

Credit
[/collapse]

Videos

What you could do to help: SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!!

Spread this site around: http://www.royforsmash4.com/

I'm going to go over various ways people could show their support and reach out via social media. This will be quick and to the point.

Twitter: Follow @roy4smash4 and tweet to important people and those who you think could spread the support around. Be sure to include links to any external sources/sites you feel are relevent to Roy's support, such as this site: http://www.royforsmash4.com/ and #Roy4Smash4 everything! One of the best things to get our voices heard, especially if we could get a lot of supporters on this!

List of important people:

• @Sora_Sakurai (Masahiro Sakurai, Game Director)
  • @Nintendo (Nintendo of Japan)
  • @NintendoAmerica (Nintendo of America)
  • @HIGUCHI_BNG (Yoshito Higuchi, Game Director)
  • @Harada_TEKKEN (Katsuhiro Harada, Namco Bandai producer/Game Producer/Lead Developer of Tekken)
  • @BandaiNamcoUS (Bandai Namco Games)
  • @trintran (Bill Trinen, Nintendo Treehouse Member)

Feel free to add anyone else you think is important.

Letters: Sending a physical letter shows commitment and thought -- it's probably one of the best ways to get through to people. I hope to be sending letters out soon, and when I do, I will post an example for people to copy if they are short on time. However, in the meantime, grab some nice stationery paper to print, and start typing out letters to mail! or write if you have nice handwriting... ya, that will never be me. For now, brief letter structure idea:

1) Greeting/Introduction (who are you and what are you going to be talking about?)
2) Body (why do you support Roy, why does his absence have a negative effect on you, what can he bring, ect., and anything else you think is important)
3) Closing/last words (be sure to leave a polite and good impression)
4) Signature (or anonymously signed if you prefer)
5) Postscript ("P.S." at the end of the letter. Usually applies to pen & ink written letters. If you forgot something/have something else to say that may be a little off topic [usually applies to e-mails], here's your chance)

Letter example: Here's a letter I've sent to Nintendo of America customer support (nintendo@noa.nintendo.com) that could be copied for those short on time. It can also be edited to your liking, especially if you're mailing to a different company.

I'd recommend bolding or underlining important questions you're asking. It's a neat trick that helps emphasize on what's being said, catching the reader's eyes on what's important more easily.

Snail mail addresses:

• Nintendo of America: 4600 150th Ave NE, Redmond, WA 98052, United States
  • Namco Bandai: 1740 Technology Drive, Suite 600; San Jose, CA 95110
  • Nintendo head office: Nintendo Company, Ltd., 11-1 Kamitoba-hokotate-cho, Minami-ku, Kyoto 601-8501, Japan
  • Intelligent Systems main office: INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS CO., LTD., 10 Daimotsu-cho Kamitoba Minami-ku, Kyoto-shi Kyoto-fu 601-8121, Japan
***Don't forget to buy international stamps if you're sending mail outside your country!***

You can also send letters by email. Here's some addresses:

- Nintendo of America: Contact Nintendo directly here. The site allows you to contact Nintendo through a support ticket process, however, there is a max character limit for what you want to write. Instead, I recommend contacting NoA via email through this support address: nintendo@noa.nintendo.com
- Namco Bandai: support@namcobandaigames.com (website, customer support)
- Intelligent Systems: webmaster@intsys.co.jp (website)

***Please remember to be polite and courteous when reaching out via social media. There's nothing wrong with trying to make a strong, loud impression, however, we should also make a good impression***​

Other ways:

- Miiverse. There's a big Smash 4 community there, no?
- Club Nintendo surveys. Codes are found within the games you buy, and you could register them to partake in surveys. I suggest people to sign up (it's free, website) and when you buy Smash 3DS or Wii U, participate in the survey. I know for the Smash 3DS survey, near the end there's a question that asks what are you looking forward to/what are you excited about. So, perhaps it's a good time to express that you're excited for character DLC, but also mention you would like to see Roy return. I'm sure developers do check these surveys as Paper Mario: Sticker Star's lack of story was supposedly because a low amount of people expressed interest in story elements, taken from the Club Nintendo survey. It's feedback in the end, and we're allowed to give it
- Online character polls. Vote for Roy every time you see a Smash DLC popularity poll, whether on this site or elsewhere. It's a good way to gauge interest in Roy in the West
- Call people. Nintendo of America: (425)-882-2040 and Namco Bandai: (408)-235-2000

The future isn't bleak

Roy will need all the support he could get. However, even if Roy does not become playable in the end, there may be some positive outcomes to look forward too. A higher-up at IS has previously stated that he would like to see FE6 remade. As such, showing support for Roy in Smash and a FE6 remake (or even for the game to be localized on VC) may eventually lead to Roy getting a proper introduction here. No doubt Roy's more popular in Japan (FE6 is usually highly acclaimed too), but if Japan sees the West's interest in Roy, well, then who knows. Please don't be shy to spread the movement around -- tell your friends, family, and everyone else in between. Most of us are viewing this thread on some sort of device with wifi... why not spend 5 min tweeting your support for Roy, or writing an email? It doesn't hurt to at least try.

Gotta give credit when it'e due. Thanks @BKupa666 for the many campaign ideas.
And thanks to all the supporters!

List of Supporters

-Rhythm-
AlMasterX
Azure Warrior
Ben Holt
CadePirate
CardiganBoy
ChronoBound
Croph
Deathlightning21
DoodleDuck97
DougX
Floppeh
Geoffrey Druyts
Ghirahilda
Hellrazor
ItsRy
J04KlM
Jaden
LEGOfan12
loganhogan
Lucimar
Marthmario
Masonry the Brick Lord
mynameisv
NotLightningRunner
Pelleas
Psionic
Roy-Kun
Roy Pharae
ScatmansWorld25
Speed
Steelia
Strider_Bond00J
Waluigi is too big
wildvine47
Xtreme Dragon
Young Horsetail
zkaka3000

Please tag me/reply in this thread if you'd like to be added

MORE COMING SOON!!

If you'd like to contribute anything for the OP, feel free to tell me and I'll get on it.
Add me to the supporters list.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Let's hope we could also hone our :155: :roypm: :155: once our boy becomes DLC. ;)

Seriously though, if Roy was in Brawl, and in Smash 4, I'd probably be maining him in those games as well. Anyone else feel the same way?

Boo Jr.

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BooJunior00
3DS FC
4613-8845-7527
Let's hope we could also hone our :155: :roypm: :155: once our boy becomes DLC. ;)

Seriously though, if Roy was in Brawl, and in Smash 4, I'd probably be maining him in those games as well. Anyone else feel the same way?
Of course! By the way, if I'm not mistaken Roy was supposed to be in Brawl, but was cutted out, right? I heard they found unusued files within the game named Roy or similar.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

Roy could potentially become a replacement for Lucina if he made it back as DLC, or I could swap out of them periodically - but since the 3DS release, I've been maining Lucina while I wait for my Boy Roy. However, Shulk's probably going to stay as number one main for a very long time.

Of course! By the way, if I'm not mistaken Roy was supposed to be in Brawl, but was cutted out, right? I heard they found unusued files within the game named Roy or similar.
That's right, an unused victory theme that was labeled. According to the alarmingly comprehensive and useful SmashWiki,
  • "roy" can be reasonably assumed to be Roy, who appeared in Melee. While lacking some data compared to "mewtwo", "roy" has an unused fanfare, suggesting the character was also strongly intended for inclusion in Brawl.
EDIT - - Did You Know Gaming in on of their videos also said that it might have been for Roy Campbell (:snake:Colonel, what's going on? Colonel? COLONEEEEEEEEEELL!!!!!) or this guy:4roy:. Nope.avi - Roy's not popular enough to be isolated from the Koopalings for a single game - if anything, Bowser Jr. could have gotten into Brawl instead with them updating him to have Koopalings for alternate costumes.

Last edited:

Luxocell

Smash Rookie
I find Roy as a character pretty cool, he stood up when it was needed, while he was only 15.
Guys, you early mentioned something about roy being second in popularity in japan, is there a link with that information?

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I find Roy as a character pretty cool, he stood up when it was needed, while he was only 15.
Guys, you early mentioned something about roy being second in popularity in japan, is there a link with that information?
I think a lot of people put down Roy's character, and while he isn't the most deep written Lord nor goes through a lot of development (most characters are the same pre-FE7 anyway) and he does have some "perfect" vibes (basically how he's really smart commander and all his crazy accomplishments), Roy does have some moments where he shines. We only have a fan translation of FE6, so I think many people would appreciate the game officially getting localized or remade, as Roy's character would get fleshed out more, among other things.

My fave Roy moment is probably the ending
where he fights Idenn (I believe the ending is more thematic and symbolic, which is why Idenn isn't the strongest boss, but a tragic character). Instead for doing the same thing what Hartmut did (basically not sealing her away. I mean, in the FE universe sealing away beings is usually a band-aid solution lol), Roy shows empathy and understands the situation he's in. He knocks her out unconscious, and brings her to a place where she could recover her soul and emotions. And I believe he generally cares about Idenn (as well as everyone), which is why Fae's eager to tell Roy that Idenn's finally showing signs of emotion and recovery during the last scene.

About the popularity thing, unfortunately I think it was during pre-Smash 4, where Roy was really popular, in Japan. He was a pretty popular requested character in the West to, although I'm not sure of his popularity now either way. You can find some old polls here and it's going to be hard to find specific links to his Japanese popularity as users here usually report back from Japanese sites with what they observed. Here's an older thread about some findings.

All in all, Roy's still a decently popular character and people generally dislike cuts. And this goes for any cut character, which is why I think they are an easy way to make a profitable/popular DLC fighter if Nintendo's concerned in the money or time/energy department.

Last edited:
When Roy comes back, he will be my main no doubt. I'm also going to main Mewtwo for just one week or so to get an in-depth analysis on his changes, then throw him back to universal secondaries.

Roy had almost as much data completed as Mewtwo in Brawl. Makes me wonder why he's not back already. On the other hand, it gives me more hope for his royturn.

Yeah, one of the reasons I like Roy so much is how he took so much responsibility at his age, I find it funny how the other lords dwarf him and he's suddenly around their height in Awakening's DLC.

I'd definitely like to do:4myfriends:dittos. I'm off work, might do some Miiverse drawings for Roy and play some FE7 first.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Whoa Masonry, I know you're very enthusiastic about Roy, but could please cut back on the double posting (so just wait until another user posts, then post, etc.). :laugh: Kinda the rules around here.

I love how the flame keeps on burning bright though -- those are some awesome pics. Oh, and here's hoping we'll get something special for Fire Emblem's 25th anniversary since it's this year. ;)

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I never double posted, though.

I quadruple posted :cool:
You have reached a whole new level. :surprised:

Anyway, I was thinking that if Roy were to get his own victory theme (which would never happen), my personal pick would be:

"ROY... BURNS UP THE DANCE FLOOR!!"

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
So many fire jokes, how can I compete with this burning sensation on this firey passion of these red head fans....hmmm

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Well, I've finally unlocked the Winning Road - Roy's Hope CD:roymelee:. I even drew a little picture on Miiverse, just the Sword of Seals in fire and Roy's ”真の戦いは,これからだ。”quote.
My Japanese writing isn't bad, it's just the Wii U gamepad screen. Not too bad though. Anyways, I'm going to go to bed now. おやすみ。:tired:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
For my idea of Roy's victory theme, I'd imagine it being the traditional FE fanfare, but it's the Melee version.
otherwise they'll just go with the current rendition of the victory theme, or a slight excerpt from Winning Road - Roy's Hope.

Yeah, much like Shulk's victory theme. I hope that's the route they take, I also hope Mewtwo gets something wicked for DLC consistency.

Also, this happened in PM today:

Game froze as both characters tried to snap to the ledge. No port priority kicked in, probably because of Roy's position on the ledge, my Wii just did the buzzing noise and froze, so I snapped a picture.

Speaking of :roypm: PROJECTOU M :mewtwopm:, I almost forgot how much love they give to Fire Emblem. I've had a craving to replay FE4 and 5 lately, so I might main Marth's Sigurd costume for a few weeks when that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom