• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Player Interview Thread: RocketPSIence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Tallman my man, what's your favorite movie of all time?

What Disney character would you say best summarizes you?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how annoying is Cresselia?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
why do you say you suck yet you team with a super good player and **** in low tier doubles?

why can't you accept that Master Porky has everything that i want in a man, and you will always be second to him?

why is it wrong for me to think Fassad's banana is rather tasty?

heytallman

CTALL
Tallman my man, what's your favorite movie of all time?
Top 5:
5. Lord of the Rings (the whole trilogy)
4. Fantasia
3. Back to the Future
2. Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
1. Forrest Gump

What Disney character would you say best summarizes you?
Hmmm....that is a tough question. A very tough question. I'm drawing a blank on this one. I guess to summarize my current situation, Simba, in that I'm getting through some stuff and working to get back on top, and someday be king.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how annoying is Cresselia?
Without sandstorm, 8. With sandstorm, 2.

why do you say you suck yet you team with a super good player and **** in low tier doubles?
Because I get bracket****ed in every other event.

why can't you accept that Master Porky has everything that i want in a man, and you will always be second to him?
Because Master Tallman won't leave you for another era to go off and build an army of fatties and an empire and take over the world.

why is it wrong for me to think Fassad's banana is rather tasty?
Because my banana is tastier.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
SNO, don't forget your picture. He DOES have girl Minions in there.

Porky would have a special place in his nonexistant heart for you.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
-drags the necro thread back up-

Goodness this thread is such a good read and needs to be kept alive. *sadly it won't though D;*

Anyways ill ask some questions:

Why did you start to main Lucas?
Favorite move to use of his?
What's your secondary? third?
Highest you have placed in a tourny? Lowest?
Best part of Lucas?

heytallman

CTALL
Good God, I forgot all about this!

your blog about the HOBO series are great, what will you say about WHOBO2?
First off, thanks for the compliment about my articles :D Second, I already have, check it out if you haven't already: http://allisbrawl.com/news/newspost.aspx?id=746 It's the most I've ever written about any one tournament, and I like how it turned out.

Why did you start to main Lucas?
I enjoyed using Ness in Melee. When those daily Brawl updates were going on, one day, they announced Lucas. At that time, Ness had yet to be announced. I read what they had to say about Lucas, and they said that his bair could spike. I thought to myself, "I loved using Ness' bair in Melee, and now it can spike? I'm using Lucas." Unfortunately, after Brawl came out, it turns out that the bair spike is quite unreliable, and Lucas is pretty bad, but oh well, he's fun, so I keep using him.

Favorite move to use of his?
My favorite move of Lucas' is definitely PK Fire. I love running away and shooting retreating PK Fires at my opponent. I definitely play pretty campy with Lucas.

What's your secondary? third?
For my secondary, I'd say ROB. I actually have been using him more in tournaments than Lucas as of late. With ROB I can play really campy, and it makes certain matchups like Marth and even Snake a bit more tolerable.

As for a third, I've been practicing a bit with Pikachu, but have yet to actually use it in a tournament. I hope to, some day, because I think Pikachu is a lot of fun.

Highest you have placed in a tourny? Lowest?
Hmm, if you count low tier events, then I placed 2nd at HOBO 23 with Gnes. That tournament, I won back all my entry money except for like, $2. I was mad that I didn't break even, although I did do pretty well for myself that day. If you don't count low tier events, then once I placed 7th out of like 21 at this small tournament at a Play 'n Trade a good ways back. That tournament I lost to....I think maybe Jerm (Toon Link) in winners (because we play every tournament it seems, lol) and Popertop (Wario) in loser's. I was happy that I made top 8 in something.

As far as worst placing goes, I've not made it out of pools/placed dead last in brackets at a few tournaments, but I don't really care. I really just go to hang out with the people there.

Best part of Lucas?
The game he's from. Mother 3 is one of the best games I have ever played, and I think every gamer should play it. It's truly a masterpiece.

heytallman

CTALL
Keep the questions coming :D

where have you been?
The Houston thread, mostly.

why haven't we had gay love?
Because you're black.

How tall are you?
I'm 6'0" I'm not outrageously tall, Tallman is my last name.

What color Lucas?
Normal color Lucas. Always. But in teams, I like blue Lucas the best.

Favorite food?
Fettucine alfredo, with some grilled chicken thrown in. Mmmm. My favorite genres of food are Tex-Mex, Italian, and then Chinese.

Favorite drink?
It's super rare, or they don't make it any more, but my favorite soda is Pepsi with Lime. Oh God, it's amazing. I would drink nothing but that if it was still around. I haven't had one in like 3-4 years D:

Favorite smasher to hang out with?
Well, he doesn't play Smash really anymore, but I'd say my buddy Robert (known here as Gea) is my favorite person to chill with. As far as active players go, Xyro's always fun to hang out with.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I know you have a Sonic AIM icon so...which do you like more? Sonic or Lucas? (don't get into, "does old school count instead of new school", just pick one :p)

heytallman

CTALL
none of the above is not an option! pick one11111111
I pick "one11111111"

But in all honesty, I hate all of them equally.

I know you have a Sonic AIM icon so...which do you like more? Sonic or Lucas? (don't get into, "does old school count instead of new school", just pick one :p)
lol I got that AIM icon when I was in 7th grade....so like 7-8 years ago. The reason I still have it is because I'm too lazy to change it.

But as far as your question goes, Sonic, definitely. I never owned a Sega Genesis as a kid, yet I LOVED Sonic. The first pet I remember having that wasn't our dog Deanna was a goldfish named Sonic. I watched the Sonic cartoons all the time (both AoStH and SatAM). I still have a Sonic plush from when I was a kid. I own the complete SatAM series on DVD, and have read up on what was supposed to happen in future seasons after it was cancelled. Needless to say, I've liked Sonic for a long time.

Lucas just happened to be in an amazing game, and happened to be from the same series as one of my Melee "mains" (quotation marks because I wasn't really around for competitive Melee) and happened to be fun to use.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
i can understand u hating fassad and porky, but what do you have against the cute lil pigmasks?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Dibs on first questions >:3

1.) Why did you pick up Rucas?
2.) When will I ever be able to make that easy recipe for cookies?
3.) Will I ever get an SD card again?
4.) Teddiursa>Wobbuffet *not a question just a fact <3*
5.) Most hated Lucas MU to play?
6.) Most fun Lucas MU to play?
7.) Secondaries? Thirds?
8.) What color of Lucas you use?
9.) If Lucas wasn't in this game who would you have played and why?
10.) Favorite Manga/Anime?
11.) Why the name rPSI or RocketPSIence?
12.) Why are there no female Wobbuffets and only tranies?
13.) Why is Sakurai so mean to Lucas/Ness?
14.) Tired of these questions?
15.) Do you like these many questions J has given you to type up answers to?
16.) Will we ever get more activity here whereas somedays it is just you and me posting? T_T
17.) Will Lucas ever get out of Low tier?
18.) Will you stop laughing at question 17 and please answer it?
19.) Fine will Lucas remain as the MK of Low tier if Ike is kicked the **** out?
20.) Did you expect over 20 questions to be answered?
21.) Are you annoyed now?
22.) Proban or Anti-ban on the MK situation?
23.) Can you think of any more questions because my head is emptied atm? ._.

There you are rPSI hope you enjoy and I want detailed answers to all of these. :088:

>;3

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Dibs on first questions >:3

1.) Why did you pick up Rucas?
2.) When will I ever be able to make that easy recipe for cookies?
3.) Will I ever get an SD card again?
4.) Teddiursa>Wobbuffet *not a question just a fact <3*
5.) Most hated Lucas MU to play?
6.) Most fun Lucas MU to play?
7.) Secondaries? Thirds?
8.) What color of Lucas you use?
9.) If Lucas wasn't in this game who would you have played and why?
10.) Favorite Manga/Anime?
11.) Why the name rPSI or RocketPSIence?
12.) Why are there no female Wobbuffets and only tranies?
13.) Why is Sakurai so mean to Lucas/Ness?
14.) Tired of these questions?
15.) Do you like these many questions J has given you to type up answers to?
16.) Will we ever get more activity here whereas somedays it is just you and me posting? T_T
17.) Will Lucas ever get out of Low tier?
18.) Will you stop laughing at question 17 and please answer it?
19.) Fine will Lucas remain as the MK of Low tier if Ike is kicked the **** out?
20.) Did you expect over 20 questions to be answered?
21.) Are you annoyed now?
22.) Proban or Anti-ban on the MK situation?
23.) Can you think of any more questions because my head is emptied atm? ._.

There you are rPSI hope you enjoy and I want detailed answers to all of these. :088:

>;3
1) Interesting story to how I picked Lucas. You see, my one friend, Jonny, got me into Brawl. When I went over to his house, he'd play Link and his sister would play Lucas. They both were pretty good at it (or so it seemed at the time). I then got the game and decided I'd play Mr. Game and Watch. I then proceded to play it, but Mr. Game and Watch had to be unlocked. I then decided to use Lucas because I had seen my friend's sister play him and he looked fun. Then I got much better with Lucas just doing all those battles against computers and decided to main him.
2)Depends; do you have the ingredients?
3)No, you must construct additional pylons.
4)That is very incorrect. First of all, Teddiursa is a NFE pokemon. Second of all, Teddiursa or has no movesets that are nearly as broken as Wobbuffet's. Wobbuffet is really awesome whem he uses encore along with his ability Shadow Tag.
5)Snake. Dear lord. I swear to god, all you will see if F-tilting and 'nades. The MU is so annoying.
6)Kind Dedede. This is mostly because most King Dedede's don't know that their normal tactics don't work in this MU. It's also pretty fun to play if you can do good at avoiding getting grabbed. Camp him all day son.
7)I play Gdubs as my secondary. I should also probably pick MK up.
8)I either play the Claus color (mainly b/c of SNO) or the Purple color.
9)I'd definitely be playing Gdubs then.
10)Hmm... can't decide
11)So when I was younger, I had to come up with a username/tag for one of those online games. My friend was next to me helping me come up with the name. He randomly said "rocketsci" and I was like "oh, cool". When I came to SWF, I knew I'd be maining Lucas, so I had to make some sort of PSI pun. I then used phonetics to my advantage and came up with RocketPSIence. I then had the problem of fitting RocketPSIence into a five letter tag and most people didn't feel like typing out RocketPSIence. So I decided to take the r from Rocket and just add the PSI after it.
12)In Soviet Russia, Wobbuffet makes you *******.
13)I have a theory. You see, Sakurai is a Chibi IRL. But he greatly resents it. He then took it out on the Mother boys by giving them a horrible ground release.
14)The more important thing is, are you tired of making them?
15)Meh...
16)Yes
17)No, that way I will still be able to win low tier tournaments.
18)Sorry, it's just funny to think of Lucas getting out of low tiers.
19)Remain? No. Become? Yes. Ike is the MK of low tiers. If you've ever seen a low tier tournament, an Ike always wins. Name search this San.
20)No
21)I'm only annoyed that you're giving me troll questions like that one.
22)Pro-temp-ban. I'd like to see what happens to the diversity of the competition. I can see it becoming a truly diverse and good fighter game if we eliminate a lot of the problems the MK causes.
23)There your questions, not mine. >:U

what color Lucas?
what's your shoe size?
I play Claus or Purple.
I wear size 10 Converse All-stars.

Do you like Rocket Science?
To an extent. It's really just a random thing my friend came up with.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
what got you into doing framework for the other boards or framework in general?

Like 2 off my head are Lucas and the ZSS boards.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
what got you into doing framework for the other boards or framework in general?

Like 2 off my head are Lucas and the ZSS boards.
I did the Ness boards too.
Anyway, I'm just the kind of guy who likes frame data and working on that stuff. It's really interesting and I learn a lot about the game mechanics, such as jab locks (I've already told you stuff about that). Anyway, now that I'm in the Smashlab with Veril as our leader, we hope to get better frame data for a lot of characters.
That said, I must go work on Ness frame data now. T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom