• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas General Discussion

Uffe

Smash Hero
I was actually thinking of making a thread similar to this. One with kill move percentages in the center of FD. Kill moves without DI and with DI. I dunno if that's what you were thinking of. I'd be glad to help if you need it :)
This is off topic, but I like your Wobbuffet avatar.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
what is this "homecoming" you speak of?

there is only "watch zman try to dance and pick up girls but fail 2k10"
Zack. If you ever really do need help picking girls I can help you out.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
So it looks like the DI guide is not going to happen because my friends are d!cks. Anyway, I think I'd like to make a thead about ledge-attack distances.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Yeah that's alot of how I'd like it. But I'd also like how to DI out of multi-hit attacks: In fact did you guys know that when you're in Link's U-smash that you can DI down and not get hit by the last strike?

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Yeah that's alot of how I'd like it. But I'd also like how to DI out of multi-hit attacks: In fact did you guys know that when you're in Link's U-smash that you can DI down and not get hit by the last strike?
You can also DI down during zelda's up smash and tech the ground to not get thrown up
I think it's more or less down and away from the character to get beneath them during their Usmashes.

BUT for zelda for instance, you can ONLY smash DI through it when it's not decayed. if you get hit with 3 Usmashes that you did not Smash DI through, then you can no longer SDI through it... Just something Samarai Panda told me.

Darth Destro

Smash Cadet
Hello, Lucas Brawlers! I have recently started a thread about different pairings for Toon Link in Team Brawls, and I would greatly appreciate some input on a TL + Lucas match. You can find the thread here. Any info would be tremendously helpful.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
even better, but still i don't see people using it in battles (videos)
Well, I have NO recent vids lol.

As far as I know, the footstool -> Magnet only works on Yoshi. It might work on Wario too, due to their weird grounded footstool animations.

cloudenvy112

Smash Apprentice
I just want to start out by saying that Lucas is underestimated and under-classed in a lot of cases. Whenever I go into an AiB chatroom and ask about Lucas, one or more people say that Lucas sucks. In my opinion he is better than Ness and shouldn't be underestimated. Tiers don't create estimations in my book. Also, he is low on the tier list to begin with. There are so many options available for him that he deserves a higher spot to at least Mid-tier. Just show some love to the PSI newbie. Look at CrimChild's PK Nightmare 2 to see why he deserves a higher spot.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Lucas does suck :p... it still doesn't mean I won't use him. We all use him here because we like to use him, not just to win. I can't compare Lucas with Ness unless you're talking about recovery, otherwise they are completely different characters that have pros and cons. I'm pretty sure Galeon had a huge post about why Lucas sucks, but you just have to get around it and get good with a low tier.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I just want to start out by saying that Lucas is underestimated and under-classed in a lot of cases. Whenever I go into an AiB chatroom and ask about Lucas, one or more people say that Lucas sucks. In my opinion he is better than Ness and shouldn't be underestimated. Tiers don't create estimations in my book. Also, he is low on the tier list to begin with. There are so many options available for him that he deserves a higher spot to at least Mid-tier. Just show some love to the PSI newbie. Look at CrimChild's PK Nightmare 2 to see why he deserves a higher spot.
I'm probably one of those people lol.

Lucas sucks. accept it.

cloudenvy112

Smash Apprentice
Why does Lucas suck though? I've seen plenty of good players that use him well. Give me some good reasons; i don't want to hear bad DI, bad recovery, or anything that any lightweight potentially has problems dealing with.

Top Bottom