• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucas Boards' QnA Thread

c3gill

Smash Ace
no. Marth's side b is the only thing that sort of resembles that mechanic.

A multihit move like dair counts once per dair that you've put in.
I dunno about yall, but once I get a D-tilt in i tend to spam it a bit- at least 3 or 4 more times (hooray tripping effect!) before a F-smash. quick easy combo to refresh? Bair->D-tilt spam(x8)->F-smash

of course, if they get out of the D-tilt, a quick jab combo works as well, no?

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
I dunno about yall, but once I get a D-tilt in i tend to spam it a bit- at least 3 or 4 more times (hooray tripping effect!) before a F-smash. quick easy combo to refresh? Bair->D-tilt spam(x8)->F-smash

of course, if they get out of the D-tilt, a quick jab combo works as well, no?
with lucas?
yeah its a great combo
i thought for a moment u were talking about marth

c3gill

Smash Ace
actually, unless your opponent techs out of your initial D-tilt, its relatively easy to d-tilt lock them. The point of saying (x8) is because the Bair->d-tilt lock(x8)->F-smash combo would be an instant refresh on stale moves. obviously you dont NEED to hit your d-tilt 8 times.

c3gill

Smash Ace
c3gilliam: i thought u meant a bunch of dtilts. i didnt no u litterally meant 8 =]
8 just gives the refresh- I would never bother to actually count them, I just spam about 3 or 4 and then F-smash.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
As awesome as a storm of Warlock punches is, I have a serious question, and I'm sure it's a ******** question, but oh well...

I see lots of things mentioning zap jumps and magnet pulls, and videos showing each, (and have finally managed to get both down) yet see nothing showing/talking of doing a magnet pull out of a zap jump.
Now I thought I'd heard people talking about it before, yet can't seem to find demonstrations/explanations, and can't seem to do it myself.

So basically, can I magnet pull after a zap jump, and if so how?

prOAPC

Smash Lord
As awesome as a storm of Warlock punches is, I have a serious question, and I'm sure it's a ******** question, but oh well...

I see lots of things mentioning zap jumps and magnet pulls, and videos showing each, (and have finally managed to get both down) yet see nothing showing/talking of doing a magnet pull out of a zap jump.
Now I thought I'd heard people talking about it before, yet can't seem to find demonstrations/explanations, and can't seem to do it myself.

So basically, can I magnet pull after a zap jump, and if so how?
look for "wave zap"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrNQsOXGSXc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqgnzcD17iM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He8Ymh5h2VQ

ToonGLaX

Smash Rookie
well...i new in this webside and just started to play lucas and i want to know if somebody can tell me how i can get better with his bair spike `cuz is really har to doit i mean sometimes i do it but just with lucky so...somebody can helpe i dont know how to practice or something?

Levitas

the moon
>_>

<_<

*looks for Yoshi-Kirby's ninja posting skills*

Practice against human players trying to recover once you find where the spike happens. To find the right place to hit, set a cpu to jump on practice mode and try to spike them until you find it.

c3gill

Smash Ace
aim for the tip of the foot (and just a bit past that) to get it to spike.
you hav to hit with the tip of the foot
you're hitting with the tip whenever you're spiking
Just the tip, just for a second, just to see how it feels?
sounds about right- i suggest hitting it with the tip, and if that works nicely you know your hitting the right (G) spot. then practice more often, and youll nail it everytime!

EDIT- just look at the previous page (page 3) in this thread? lolz

-Annet211-

Smash Rookie
What techniques can I use to face a Diddy Kong. Had to face one in a tournament and lost horribly. This is probably a noob question but I am new to Lucas.

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
What techniques can I use to face a Diddy Kong. Had to face one in a tournament and lost horribly. This is probably a noob question but I am new to Lucas.
What I usually do against Diddy is just go all out offensive. I don't use PK Fire that much, cuz if you stay too far away, you'll get ***** by his bananas. I would put as much pressure on him as possible. Lucas has better range, so you should do good up close to him. Nair works pretty well against him. Just don't stay too far away.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Against Diddy Kong, I stay in the air, and I catch his banana's and use them against him, but you have to be sly, or the Diddy player will just catch the banana's, any good Diddy will, so you have to be tricky with them. Dair, ftilt and Diddy falls short of beating your grab range a lot so abuse those things.

Also it can be difficult for him to get past PK Fire when they're playing offensively.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Use the nanerz against him. It works so well.
Like Irsic said, be tricky with them. Throw them up in the air, or just hold on to it and spam PK Fire. They won't know when you'll throw it. :p When you throw a naner at them and know that it will hit 'em, go after them with a rising dair or a dashgrab. Diddy's light, so fsmash will kill him easily. Don't expect it to hit though. If he is about to throw a naner at you, retreat while using PK Fire at him.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Sup.

For some reason I can't wave zap correctly, it isn't giving me the huge boost with the magnet that it should. Every once in a while I can land it, but not very often.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
Short hop neutral air directly over bananas automatically picks them up. Use this technique against our diddy main and he says it annoys the hell out of him because I can grab his bananas with a move that has no lag if auto cancelled.

c3gill

Smash Ace
I am having some difficulty with the SJR and "infinite" jump- I can easily do it with nair, and fair- but for dair I can only SJR once (dair, SJR, dair, fail.) and with bair its the same but twice, i cant seem to do it more than that. and I can only do PK Fires SJR once! :(

any advice? something i could be screwing up? my timing still feels right.

EDIT- also, immediatly following any aerial or PK Fire, my zair seems to airdodge rather than tether. after the airdodge I can tether again- but is there any reason for this?

Levitas

the moon
Don't bother with the SJR. It has fairly trivial applications, and SJRing Dair once is more than enough..

I'll look into those frames c3gill (airdodge not tether, that is)

Yoshi-Kirby

Smash Journeyman
Don't bother with the SJR. It has fairly trivial applications, and SJRing Dair once is more than enough..

I'll look into those frames c3gill (airdodge not tether, that is)
Yeah, I wouldn't use SJR much either. Maybe with Dair and Nair, but only once and that's it. Other than that, I wouldn't recommend it.

c3gill

Smash Ace
you are pressing L before the animation of the attack ends, that will perform a buffered airdodge
I thought that too, but some of the times I did this it was as much as a full second before I tried to tether and i still was airdodging.

I dont think Lucas' moves have that much down time... this could easily lead to a death in a match, which is why I asked. A full second seems too long to me..

EDIT- also this doesnt happen at all with PSI Magnet- I believe that APC is right, but why so long after my initial attack?

Levitas

the moon
lucas's attacks have a long time when it looks like he isn't doing anything after they're done hitting stuff.

c3gill

Smash Ace
OMG LEVITAS!!!
YOUR NAME IS RED!!!!
This change: when did it happen?!
ummm ditto? GRATS!

and while it still pisses me off that i cant aerial -> tether, if you whack on the zair twice really fast after an aerial your airdodge with the first one and (it looks like) mid-airdodge you can throw out the snake.... so it the airdodge canceled? this is just :confused: me

Levitas

the moon
It happened last night. I guess none of you looked up at the moon, it was a deep shade of blood red.

c3gill: you can cancel an airdodge at any point into a tether. It's not just you. In fact, it's not just lucas. Anyone with a zair can cancel their airdodge into it.

c3gill

Smash Ace
c3gill: you can cancel an airdodge at any point into a tether. It's not just you. In fact, it's not just lucas. Anyone with a zair can cancel their airdodge into it.
as usual, thank you for clearing that up for me. im sure i have another stupid question brewing, so ill probabally be posting it soon.

Top Bottom