• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lucario Shrine

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
All Lucario gameplay questions can be answered on the "Official Lucario Database", which I hope gets a sticky soon.
Also.

;_;...
-DD

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Mewtwo... you will be missed, my friend. You were one of my favorite smashers in Melee, and lord only knows the potential you still had. And so, it is with a heavy heart that I bid you these words.

Good night sweet prince, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

But in this darkest of times for our boy Mewtwo, a new warrior has arisen to carry on the legacy of fighters too cool to be just pokemon. Lucario, we now turn to you and your absurdly awesome style. Never forget, fellow brothers of the shrine, but let's move forward!

::waves Lucario banner::
Hamlet quotes, most appropriate.

Ye shall be missed Mewtwo....

SSBBKingster

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo died a long time ago after Deoxys came out, but alot of other people loved Mewtwo. So long clone of Mew!

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Here's a post I had tried to post in a topic that got closed before it went through. The question was, give or take, "Who is Lucario and why it over _______ in Brawl?"

Here's an unbiased answer...well, as unbiased as possible.

Lucario is a 4th generation Pokémon, the very second one to be revealed worldwide (Munchlax, Snorlax's previous form, was the 1st). Not since Marill and Togepi have two "preview Pokémon" garnered as much attention from fans as Lucario. and Munchlax (to a lesser extend). People became fans of Lucario before they knew anything about it! Giving it a major role in a Pokémon movie also helped things out and thus a large fanbase was created.

To add more to Lucario's popularity, Nintendo of japan & NOA used Lucario in many of their commercials and advertisements for Pokémon Diamond & Pearl. Lucario's face was everywhere in Japan, from commercials, to products. If Pikachu was the overall mascot of the entire Pokémon franchise, than Lucario was the mascot of Diamond & Pearl specifically.

In the Pokémon community, there are some gamers who literally dissect each and every Pokémon to see its pros and cons for gameplay (in Diamond & Pearl, not Brawl). When Lucario was reviewed, it was accepted universally as a very competitive Pokémon (it's been classed and still is classed as an "Over-Used" Pokémon, that is, if you were battling in the most competitve enviroments, Lucario would be a very reoccuring Pokémon on many teams). The fact that (in D/P) it can learn many attacks, is versatile as both a physical attacker and a special attack, and has moderately high (enough) speed makes it a great addition to any team.

So, its Lucario's fanbase that guaranteed its inclusion...or maybe Nintendo always intended to pimp out Lucario. Whatever, you wanted some details on Lucario, so I hope this helped.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
you know what, today I have been training a lucario for a team on diamond. He's going to be awesome, a mixed sweeper currently up to Lv 91. Sorry back to lucario's awesomeness in brawl.

Ummmm..... Lucario will destroy you! So watch out! It seems your going to have to kill him with an insane knockback.

kaid

Smash Master
Not that I've seen. In fact, I don't think there's any videos of his <B grab at all. Any video demonstration would be appreciated.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Here's a post I had tried to post in a topic that got closed before it went through. The question was, give or take, "Who is Lucario and why it over _______ in Brawl?"

Here's an unbiased answer...well, as unbiased as possible.

Lucario is a 4th generation Pokémon, the very second one to be revealed worldwide (Munchlax, Snorlax's previous form, was the 1st).
Actually Lucario Was The 3d To Be Revealed Worldwide. Bonsly (The Pre-Evolved For Of Sudawudo) was the second.

EDIT: On that first post with that first picture do i see a blank space next to Jigglypuff or is it just me? Looks like enough room for mewtwos head...

kaid

Smash Master
Apparently someone cracked the first layer of the Wii disk, and found a character file for mewtwo, among others. (zomg downloadable content)

Chepe

Smash Lord
Hey, and the rumor that holds that Mewtwo and Roy will become DLC in Japan while being fully coded into NA/PAL would make sense considering other things in the game's coding. Mewtwo and Roy both have Victory Music plans suggesting they got far in development, and Mewtwo got cut VERY late in development... he already had a Classic Mode script and everything, meaning he had a "VS... Mewtwo!" screen that didnt get used.

Basically, if the DLC comes true for Mewtwo, it means that when the first delay happened, Mewtwo and Roy were reconsidered from cut status and they salvaged them to finalize them for a Brawl appearance with all their implications. But they didnt get done in time for JPN release, which is why they will become DLC there.

So fellow Lucario supporters, lets hope that on Friday, Sakurai will mention DLC for this game, as that will cement the rumor and we will know Mewtwo will be coming back to us!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well Reggie Fils-Aime(That's how you spell it? The guy who said 12/3...) announced that Nintendo is planning on using DLC in their games this year. Brawl seems like a perfect candidate ^_^

Top Bottom