• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
I went to a local tournament yesterday in Biloxi. We had 36 entrants for melee alone but they were all scrubs except for a couple who had the slightest inkling of how the game worked. The owner of the shop is thinking of setting up monthlies over there, would the NOLA and BR crew be willing to drive to these events?

I'm really hoping we can set up a small scene here because its a great halfway point for the AL/LA gulf coast melee players to meet. The store owner also needs a lot of help running the tournament because he also has a business to run. The prize for this tournament was $100 store credit but i'm going to talk to the guy and see if he'll do cash prizes instead so you guys have incentive to drive instead of just being able to buy games and stuff

Bomber7

Smash Hero
The internet connection here isn't the best, therefore the stream sucks.

On an awesome note: 100+ people showed up! How's that for dedication in the face of bad weather?!

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
I got to play 10 tourneys in 8 games in 1 day, and it was glorious. Thanks so much for the event, it was a hell of a time.

xandre

Smash Cadet
first time i've played smash with humans for years and years. fun time. if anyone ever wants to play/practice in/around Covington, hit me up.

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
pretty much what the above people said. Was great to be playing again. Been seriously wanting to get back into smash (particularly melee).

D

Deleted member

pm singles
1. infinity
2. denti
3. dope

pm doubles
1. infinity and denti
2. dope and luck
3. austin and avery

melee singles
1. dope
2. lee
3. taylorhj

melee teams
1. taylorhj and tim
2. austin and avery
3. dope and luck

dope gets top 3 in everything apparently

'V'

Smash Lord
Had a really good time today. It's been a while since I last went to such a big event completely focused on smash. And I did much better than I expected.

I'm glad I got to hang out with everyone there. Hopefully this will get me more motivated to really start getting back into Melee / P:M again.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Brawl singles:
1: Denti
2: JNig
3: MAR
4: Infinity
5: Brawlman/BSP
7: Day/Gunner

Brawl dubs:
1/2: Denti & Infinity
1/2: JNig & Luck
3: BSP & MAR
4: Hyro and R0ni

I feel really good about how I did, but not so much about the tournament itself.

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Don't get me started on performance lol
I literally almost went 0-2 immediately in singles by tossing away everything I knew.
Doubles was like a more concentrated and calculated, pick the right shots, counter puncher.
Singles was like roll/air dodge/spot dodge happy, impatient, irregular decisions.
It's nice to see that everyone else around me has gotten much better.
Brawlman, if you ever want to team again at a SmashCon event, I'll try to make it out.
As for players like MAR and BSP, you go to LSU, we could always chill and play some sets.
I have no clue when Smash 4 comes out, but hopefully before the next SmashCon event.
See you guys again then, or maybe at the next BRM at the Chinese Inn.

Edit: Kinda bummed we didn't get to save replays of that doubles set with Hyro and Roni! It was sooooo good!

Last edited:

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
what should i play i used to play melee all the time i just have to get it again i no longer have it. whats wrong with brawl though im just curious which is the best to play? and i never played project m i dont even know how to get it. i just been playing brawl for a while now.
i mean the gameplay is a little different but not by much at least i dont think so i havent played melee in like 3 years i dont realy remember how different they are.
Let the ol' leech of this thread break it down.

64 : the combo heavy smash, with no c stick. Isai's playground.

Melee : The most hyped up smash, requiring the most technical gameplay and is the fastest paced smash yet.

Brawl : Camping in slow motion. Chai grabs ahoy, lots of projectiles and tons of tiers.

Project M : a balanced melee with inputs as easy as brawl, it has many stages and unique functions and stages AS WELL AS extra costumes for the cast. It has the most characters, and has the never boring turbo mode. This mod can be played wifi/offline and has Brawl's better graphics.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
first time i've played smash with humans for years and years. fun time. if anyone ever wants to play/practice in/around Covington, hit me up.
Yo. What game do you play? And I forget, did we ever meet at an Open World Monthly?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Erick told me to tell you guys that he is going to try and get the Wintercon results thread up by tomorrow. Sorry about the delay guys. As for those who might ask me to post any results myself, I didn't have any bracket on my computer, the only record I was keeping were the amount of players who showed up and paid the venue fee. Jnig has the Brawl stuff on his computer, Taylor has the melee, and Jwulf has the 64 stuff.

'V'

Smash Lord
Oh, one complaint I had about the event:

Who the hell was guy in charge of the Project M teams bracket that kept complaining to me about Roni holding up the bracket? Roni entered like 6 events that this event just so brightly decided to run ALL AT THE SAME TIME. Does anyone honestly expect him to play right away when he's probably already been called to play 2 other tourney matches for other games? I understand that you have to move the bracket along, but seriously... Be a bit more understanding. (Or... you know. Try not to do everything in one day, maybe?) And furthermore, don't be a jerk to ME about it. I know I was Roni's partner, but COME ON.

On a side note, I'm proud of Roni and JNig. Way to further your smash games. You're helping to bring back my love for the game.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Smashcon was fun. Biggest tourney I've been to to date, only my 4th one infact, and only my second one with more than 12 entrants for any of the games.
obligatory shout outs to people I played here
I would do that individually but **** am I tired... I blame freddy
maybe I'lll do it tomorrow

Taylor, you should post full results/bracket when you can
I want proof of my drastic improvement from going 1-2 at Tha Shrimp to 5-2 at Smashcon

ALSO
that guy that was recording Project:M but not streaming? Do you post here?
Please upload those vids to youtube when you get a chance! Especially the ROB ones!
I'm the ROB main and I really want to review my gameplay so I can improve. I never get to watch recording of myself...
I remember the match I had with the Ness and Sonic player and I remember the commentators getting hype
so I want to see what I did because I have forgotten :/

Last edited:

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
My thoughts on the event:

I realize to the TO's there may have been problems, but to us players the hype never really stopped. A couple of times if you were still in winners, you had dead time, but meh friendlies happened. Got some brawl commentary in which was fun and the pizza there was godlike.

I loved the variety of people in pm. Super salty I left pokemon at home. I only think one if my matches were recorded but in all honesty besides friendlies and two matches, I had hella easy bracket life. All in all it was great and met some cool people and made some new mains.

Shoutouts to Gunner, Okuser, and Ramsaur for the last second transportation. Pokemon yellow speed runs in the car for life.

Shoutout to DF for the impromptu Bowser/Mario team that was solid.

Shoutouts to Dope, Freddy, Tim, Taylor, Grace, Andrew, DF, Brandon, BSP, Ramsaur, Wiggins, and Avery. Godlike friendlies.

Shoutouts to Taylor for opening his doors to North LA.

Shoutouts to Dylan. I own our name for now son.

Last but not least, don't play melee ice climbers against samus. Least enjoyable **** ever.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
that guy that was recording Project:M but not streaming? Do you post here?
Please upload those vids to youtube when you get a chance! Especially the ROB ones!
I'm the ROB main and I really want to review my gameplay so I can improve. I never get to watch recording of myself...
I remember the match I had with the Ness and Sonic player and I remember the commentators getting hype
so I want to see what I did because I have forgotten :/
@ Metmetm3t Metmetm3t

Top Bottom