• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

partnerofLuigi

Smash Cadet
Kingcore Koopa said:
So you saying that only partnersofluigi and boomstick are liable of making it to the next tourney? I so wanted to see you guys in action this being my first tourney. Luigi dude seems pretty cool. But 3 weeks gives all of us more than enough time to sharpen our skills.
I'm looking forward to meeting you as well, I just hope that my attendance will be possible, but I'm more than sure that one day we'll compete sooner or Later

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
yep. I just talked to Boom Stick though and he says he won't go either since the rest of us aren't.

So unless PartnerofLuigi is in LA at the time (he goes there for work) I doubt you'll see any of us there.

partnerofLuigi

Smash Cadet
chances of me attending is pretty slim like 10% since Boom won't be there, is it being held at the same location as last time? if it's in New Orleans then my chances would increase but if it's at the Mall of Louisiana, I don't see any way of me being able to go, even thou I would'nt mind going just no way of getting back home

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
SirSka: did you make your "I scored with the princess" shirt? If so, you got skillz.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
yeah, sucks that Taylor & EET will always be there no matter what since they run it. :p

SirSka

Smash Cadet
Peach_Fanatic said:
Oh neat! haha You said you'd do it, but I never thought you'd actually go with it. That's awesome, Ska! Yes, I wear medium.
Just as a heads up I plan on using our screen names on here for the shirts.

Sudai

Stuff here
I'd love a shirt with a giant Cheesy puff on the back with "CHZY POOF" under it. >.> Not gonna ask ya tom make me one though XP

So, is it decided if we're gonna do Low Tier Teams or the Luck one?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
But teams are my specialty! :(

Low-tier's cool and all, but don't most people prefer teams? If you raised the price for teams, it'd make the pot bigger and allow more payout. You'd also probably get a couple less teams from those who don't want to play for $3-5 each. Teams would take less time and everyone's happy.

Sudai

Stuff here
I know team Bamph wouldn't have signed up if the charge was more than $2 per team.

When we got thier, both of thier hearts sunk to thier stomachs when they saw people warming up. XD Niether would have played in anything if it weren't for the low entry fee for teams. I told them that if there's teams this time, it'd be low tier and both decided they'd rather not play and just watch. :x

eet

Smash Ace
we have such a low price casue we dont give a **** about teams. this is jus bi-weeklies anyway not a huge tourny where huge payouts usually occur.

Im up for anything though, so w/e. I personally like low-tier teams :( should we do another vote thing?

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
low tier teams just wouldnt be any fun.
everyone will pick zelda and it will be a tourney to see who can fair and bair
maybe at the next tourney we could just have 1 tourney but make the whole thing round robin (taking up alot more time) but then everyone gets to play equal amounts and the results are much more accurate. plus im thinking there will be a max of 25 people at this one. probably closer to 20 or even less.

TehPh1r3PwnzJ00

Smash Apprentice
the only problem is, even if we only had 20 people that would mean there would be 190 matches to be held, which is way more than the normal.
maybe we could do the tourney round robin but each match is only 1 game instead of best 2/3, that way we could cut the tourney down to 190 games instead of possibly almost 600 games.
and everyone would still get to play everyone else
everyone tell me your thoughts

edit:: or we could do a reg tourney and have crew battles for the side tourney XD

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
nobody likes my Luck Tournament idea? :(
4 player FFA-style tournament w/ All Items on Very High
and stage Random from only: IcicleMountain, BigBlue, and FlatZone
Just a dollar entrance fee!..and say..only 3 stock!

Even IF 25 people participate...thats only 10 total fights to find the victor aka Luckiest Smasher in Louisiana! That could easily be done in 20 minutes.
oh well..i thought it would have been a very funny event and a break from the overseriousness and pressure. I mean..u can't help but smile when you pick up a hammer and KO Eet, or beat Taylor to the Maximum Tomato.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Wait, isn't the number of rounds played in a round robin governed by the formula (n/2(n-1))? If that's true, then it's be 10*19 = 190 games like Taylor said. Additionally since smash matchs are usually four minutes long, it'd be 760 minutes total, but the time spent would be spread out among 6(?) different terminals so wouldn't it be 760/6 minutes long. And since there are breaks and stuff in between or whatever, it'd be a 3 hour event. >_> Don't check my maff!!!

And I'm up for a reg tourney with crews or a round robin. Of course, we'd be able to recruit crew members in the event that one of ours doesn't show up cause it turns out he has to take the SAT instead of the ACT, right? <.<;;;

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I like the idea of a huge round robin. I got knocked out early cause of bad match ups and only got to fight 3 people. (eet, dustin, and Taylor)

regarding crews: How many are there in LA? There'd be us from FL, Battle Rouge, and... I'd be up for a crew tourney though if I can ever manage to get all/most my crew out there.

entelegantLozer

Smash Apprentice
Uhhh no teams ever again kthxz.

And get them to move all the broken arcade games out so we can ****ing breathe in there.

Bermuda

Smash Rookie
FFox, Patrick, and I are the NI crew. Can we merge with the Opelousas crew or something? We're kinda shorthanded because no one gives a crap about melee in da 'berry. We surely don't want to be left out of the action. :-(

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Bermuda: Who's Patrick? was he at either the last mall tourney or Cajun Chowdown?

entel: who all do you smash with? Isn't Sars in a crew with you?

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Yall just want blaise

Taylor that sig is cool, i want one

I think there would be two crews from n.o (One with jonwu and them and one with entel and sars)
Then the one from NI or whatever and 1 or 2 from baton rouge and i dunno maybe a few other ones with random people on it

Top Bottom