• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, it's Sirska, haha. Well, we're having a Brawl tourney, 3LT, next weekend (May 10), here in Baton Rouge. The link is in my sig. It'll be pretty cool, so you should come if you're free/ in town.

Sudai

Stuff here
SIRSKA!!! : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O : O

Are you back in ~~location~~? If so, you should totally call me and we should definitely hang out some time. My number's the same still. Just incase: ##############

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

<3 kyle and his lack of concern. it's not that he wishes ill upon anyone, just lack of care

nicknyte is ********
hahahaha

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to dibbz tomorrow. I might get there for 1 so I'll probably be the first one there. All day at dibbz ftw.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
i quit smash. Maybe. LOL. im drunk. not yet. but i'll probably die. oh and my tire blew out so i wont be at dibbz tomorrow night(saturday). 666

Battousai780

Smash Ace
i quit smash. Maybe. LOL. im drunk. not yet. but i'll probably die. oh and my tire blew out so i wont be at dibbz tomorrow night(saturday). 666

If you did, that would be verrrrrryyyy sad. But anyways get that tire fixed. Yeah guys, I cant come this weekend cause they got this school fair in dhan and Id rather hang with mah gf. So have fun.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
ill decide if ill continue playing smash or not after this 3lt baton rouge tourney. i just like melee a lot more. brawls too easy. too many people play brawl now instead of melee but im already getting tired of it. melee tournaments just seemed to be a lot livelier. the houma brawl tourney was lame so i hope this one will be pretty awesome. its not about the winning or losing. its just the fun factor. i probably will never permanently quit but i dont think ill be playing as often. maybe i can just do tourneys or something.

ps. i was definetely having drunk sex whenever i left that post yesterday. just throwing that out there.
It was prettttttty swell.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
*is dead*

i was hanging myself when i left my post earlier

and u cant just have sex and then automaticly get a feeling of well being, maybe if i was getting some i wouldnt be dead right now.

-Ran

Smash Master
Lee looks like he needs to be cheered up...

I'll come pick your *** up and bring you to NOLA after work. Phone number plox.

TheDownSyndromeKid

Smash Cadet
Heh, less than 2 months ago, you were arguing on this thread for Brawl and praising it for what it had over Melee. I'm amused. Maybe Taylor (I think it was him? Or Kyle maybe?) was right - after awhile, everyone will get bored of it and go back to the tried and true Melee for another 7 years.

-Ran

Smash Master
Melee's technical aspects weren't immediately discovered in the first few months. I think it might be a matter of everyone playing Brawl too much, all looking for the next wave dash. I know personally, I've put in around 250-400 hours of game play. Lee's probably put in three times that. =p

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I gfot tired of Brawl awhile ago. But, as long as people prefer it over Melee, I have to play it. It's funny because I still practice both games every day and I can still see myself getting better at Melee and hardly at all with Brawl.

Obviously, the only way to make Lee keep up with smash is to beat him at 3LT. :O

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i havent been looking for anything, just playing it.... the only thing i found is metaknight,rob and snake are too good, while toon,marth,pit,g&w,falco are really good and diddy,dedede,olimar and zelda are good - pikachu,ike, lucas, wolf, ice climbers are above average and fox,shiek,kirby,ness are average

HAHA

im going back to ssb64

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yeah, Brawl blows. :/

The game is unintuitive, and you know in a year it'll be dominated by like 3 characters since the game just comes down to who's the biggest wall of stats.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Yeah, Brawl blows. :/

The game is unintuitive, and you know in a year it'll be dominated by like 3 characters since the game just comes down to who's the biggest wall of stats.
more like 5 or 6 characters... metaknight,r.o.b,snake,toon link,g&w maybe falco,pit,marth is my guess, still i dont think it will be much different then how meele is with fox,falco,shiek,marth,peach... if anything it will be more balanced
i predicted awhile ago snake would be top tier when it was all said and done and i think im going to be right... although metaknight and r.o.b are more obviously the best characters... toon link is frappin good and will be top tier at some point, marth still stands a chance in the game just for being marth.... and g&w is amazing in brawl...... theres still alot of other good characters pit,diddy,dedede,falco,wolf,lucas,ike,zelda,ice climbers,pikachu.....

people are giving up on brawl to fast i think, the metagame is nowhere close to its limit, with so many characters it will take a while to develop, of course if ur not enjoying it then theres no point in playing it, but just dont think the game has reached its peak already... i find myself getting better @ the game the more familiar i become with it.... u can tell ur getting good when u can 3 stock level 9s by knowing what theyre going to do, when i first got the game i couldnt even beat a lvl 9 comp... im not saying playing the computer is going to help u against playing other people but it can give u an idea on how good u are against the game itself....

the more i play brawl the closer it resembles meele, even without wavedashing & lcanceling i see the game growing somewhat....
im not pro or anti brawl, i still see it as new version of smash the same way i saw it the first day i played it. People want brawl to be sumthing its not and thats y theyre dissapointed...

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
i agree with shyguy. and i was kidding about not liking brawl. i love it sorry. i played melee today and i hate it. brawls too fun. oh and ran iji my number is 985-860-3223. i doubt you would want to drive all the way out to houma though. i like an hour away from Nola. but if you really want to call me up or something lol. i love asian sex.

-Ran

Smash Master
Called... Just let me know in about an hour. It'd be easier if you'd give me the directions/address in PM, but I do know the Houma area decent enough.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
Heh, less than 2 months ago, you were arguing on this thread for Brawl and praising it for what it had over Melee. I'm amused. Maybe Taylor (I think it was him? Or Kyle maybe?) was right - after awhile, everyone will get bored of it and go back to the tried and true Melee for another 7 years.
And that's when I quit smash forever and go back to playing Tetris Attack and Mariokart.

It's truly a shame that people aren't giving Brawl enough of a chance for anything. Seems that everyone wants to go back to Melee already. Oh well.. Whatever they have fun with is fine with me. Whatever makes them happy.

I'm just glad there's something different for a change. I'm tired of Melee. It's like DDR Extreme. Old. Just like I prefer DDR SuperNova, I prefer Brawl.

gnuf

Smash Apprentice
.... u can tell ur getting good when u can 3 stock level 9s by knowing what theyre going to do, when i first got the game i couldnt even beat a lvl 9 comp... im not saying playing the computer is going to help u against playing other people but it can give u an idea on how good u are against the game itself....
i wish i can say the same... and i hear everyone else say that. it must be my disc!
ever since i got the game i always 3 or 4 stock them(4 stock matches) and im not even good. i get beat probably 30-40% of the people i play online. so i really think its my disc or i just know what they're going to do.

Mocha19 said:
And that's when I quit smash forever and go back to playing Tetris Attack and Mariokart.
i gaurantee i can beat anyone in tetris attack ;]

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
im not saying playing the computer is going to help u against playing other people but it can give u an idea on how good u are against the game itself....
On the contrary, I've found that playing against comps can help you find good and bad matchups for your chars, well atleast at a base level. And they've been pretty accurate for me so far. Matchups are what I think will be important in this game. I don't think any one character will soar above the rest. So far, there's been a counter character for every character.

Also, Luigi's upB ***** lag.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I disagree.

In melee if there were no advanced tactics, the characters that would dominate would be Sheik, Marth, Fox to an extent that no other character can touch them. In Brawl it'll be even worse because no l-cancelling, no dashdancng (wtf), and just having to rely on aerial spacing and weak shield approaches won't cut it against the broken characters. Counters only go so far anyway. In melee, there's only one matchup that I think anyone would consider a true 80-20 counter now a days, and that's Samus Roy. There's not a lot of matchups that remain as being 70-30 counters. It used to be Sheik/Fox/Falco vs Falcon is 70-30. Now tech chasing is such a standard as well as dropzoning that this is no longer the case. As for Sheik? Falcon players have become more technical and learn to combo better with U-airs which have always been the only way to combo them. These matchups are more like 65-35s now.

And because of advanced tactics and such a late emphasis on movement as opposed to comboing, now more than ever you're seeing a dramatic rise in great low tier players. Deku's got a phenomenal Pikachu/Yoshi, Chu Dat COUNTERPICKS guys like Cort, PC Chris, Silent Spectre, Mew2King, etc with Pikachu, Game and Watch, or Young Link. Anther broke top 25 in VLS which was one of the hardest East Coast tournaments towadrs "the end" of melee. And Bum is considered to be one of the top 25 players in the world now. And he's a DK player. And Ka-Master beasted the East Coast and came second at the last UCLA tournament (over 300 people?) and lost closely to Hugs before taking out guys like Zhu. And the set against Hugs went to the last match, and 2 years ago, no one would say Luigi vs Samus was fair for Luigi. Oh, and Azen wins tournaments going only Luigi, Pikachu, Link. Right now in Melee, players have gotten creative and figured out strategies for all low tiers. No low tier is unrepresented in tournaments now a days, and we've all been beaten by a really good ______ player before. The core characters dominate, but not to as great of an extent as they used to. And the gap between high and bottom keeps shrinking. Brawl however is different because it allows for no universal movement techniques. Just glitchy characters owning stale ones or wall of stats being walls of stats.

In Brawl though, I doubt there are any low tiers that have a 80-20 matchup against any of the dominant characters. Especially against Snake who I think is without a doubt the best character in the game. You can basiclaly play patiently with Snake and just camp using projectiles and aerials and if pressured just DLX out of there and repeat. Once the guy's over a certain percent, use one of his billion fast KO moves and then just lay mines while you KO them.

And playing comps doesn't give you a clear idea on character matchups really. A lot of counters really just base on the execution of priority, spacing, and gimping techniques--all of which comps can't do to you. That's just a level of creativity you rely on humans having.

But yeah, Brawl will blow. The number of good characters will reduce drastically, the game will become unfun when people see how ******** it is to have a "fighting" game that revolves around X many characters, and good players will especially hate it the game comes to such a harsh equilibrium point that they lose to the 9 year old kid that plays level 9s all day long. And yes, I've played Brawl everyday for like 3 weeks now in college. I've three stocked pretty much everyone that lives here, but I don't find any sort of enjoyment from this game at all. It's just not dynamic. And yes, I also play against guys like Kos-Mos also. Still doesn't mater.

Brawl is horrible. 64 > Brawl.

Ever_Power

Smash Cadet
Well I dont know if you guys read the other section of the boards, but Brawl Most likely is not going to die. Majority of the people on smashboards (talking EVERYONE) has had this argument in there threads and has finally decided to accept the game for how it is and learn to adjust.

I used to ****ing HATE brawl when it first came out and got tired of it. Now It's fun and even more competative. I don't know if you guys can tell or not, but brawl is just as Fast as Melee. And too many people are crying about not being able to wavedash or L cancel. The game Cancels for you, and being that they took wave dashing out it should be even easiar to take them down.

Brawl is a 50% Mind Game 50% Skill

Melee was 70%MindGame+Technical 30% Skill I think i worded that right?

Other than that I will agree though on the fact that Brawl is SUPER easy to pick up and start playing unlike melee it did take a while to learn a few things.

Me personally i think is basically who ever gets joo'ed first lol.

But if you guys switch back to melee wont be any but less than a handfull of tournaments and everyone else will be playing brawl -_-.

I'll only make the jump back to melee if the whole boards does it :)
B

Top Bottom