• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

Samsora

Smash Apprentice
Hope a lot of brawl players show up for open world monthly so I can do something besides pools

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
Everyone but Kirby triple deluxe.
I feel like the battle mode is like a vanilla version of smash four lol. Couple of banned stages, two neutrals, and two counter picks. You have your campy characters, your long range characters. You can't turn off items and stage hazards.

Also Ninja Kirby is being considered to being boosted from B tier to A tier because of great OOS options and the only grab in the game

I'm serious buy the game and think of battle mode as a smash bros game and it's hilariously fun.

Citrus

Smash Apprentice
yo that sound tight so many kirby games have really smash like controls (wonder why lol)
Edit bought the game its cool
i like cutter and beam the best now
also beam has a grab
unfortunate about items otherwise i could get to serious with the game

Last edited:

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
yo that sound tight so many kirby games have really smash like controls (wonder why lol)
Edit bought the game its cool
i like cutter and beam the best now
also beam has a grab
unfortunate about items otherwise i could get to serious with the game
Beam has a grab??! I'm all about the full hop dair as an approach and the long range special. Damn gotta work that grab into my game lol

Citrus

Smash Apprentice
Beam dair is ridiculous you can do it like three times in a jump
Also dair grab maybe a thing

And whip has a long range grab

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I thought Espy hated P:M with an undying passion because it "destroyed Sonic as a character". :O
I still do. I just played it at WHOBO because I promised Denti I would. It's a crap mod with horrifically bad mechanics. :applejack:

Last edited:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hey Jnig, did you want me to send you the TO file for you to look at to familiarize yourself with the names of the attendees? Just in the event someone shows up we don't have on record, you can collect their info.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
You could just post the brackets in their appropriate results threads or here, since I know I wouldn't be the only one wanting to see them.

Woops, you're referring to Open World... Yes, send me the Tio file, that would be great.

Last edited:

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately I don't know anyone's actual name, especially the new people, so I don't know with whom I'm arguing.

Magi_

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad we're doing all of this organization and change thing, and actually having thought provoking discussion on the page about tourneys and PR and stuff.

but i just wanna play video games ;_;

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
I saw something on Facebook about the Brawl PR briefly, and keeping in mind that I don't have any idea what happened at WHOBO, this is my opinion.
1. JNig
2. BSP
3. Brawlman
4. Gunner
5. MAR
6. Samsora
7. D.
8 - 10. I need to look at results
HM. That black dude who plays toon link, Ed.

BSP has absolutely dominated me since Wintercon, really not even a question he should be placed higher than me. Brawlman and I played once, and it was pretty close (it's certainly been closer lol) but yeah, solid win for him.
MAR literally went to 1 tournament (as usual), and while he outplaced me, we lost to the same caliber players (I think Infinity + BSP while I lost to Brawlman/Infinity), and have no head to head record.
Samsora took (to my knowledge?) 1 set off JNig, (which the top 5 have all done) once, in an extremely favorable matchup. He has no record against the rest of us. Iirc JNig had him 3rd on his list and that's not warranted until after Summercon, when we should update again. Not that I'm skeptical that he's good, or talking negatively about him in anyway, but A direct placement at 3rd after an Open World is just too much.
Anyway, I'd love some discussion on this.

Top Bottom