• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

BirdyBirds

Smash Cadet
So do you guys think subspace like mode will come to smash 4?

and if so, what would you guys like to see return to the 'story' mode or add yourself?

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
You do realize that Story mode was like ~THE~ reason Brawl wasn't as good right?
"Let's ruin our development cycle and rush the coding for core mechanics so we can fit in cutscenes and repetitive level design" -Sakurai

Please keep your story mode out of my fighting games.

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to get my coworkers interested in smash so I have people to play with.

They are brand new. Like I used the how to play video to help me

D

Deleted member

my bad. i have a lot to say and school has got my balls in a death trap.

Roboturner

Smash Journeyman
ordered a capture card. if any of you cool cats wanna come stay at my house (gotta spare couch and air mattress) and wreck me on camera in Melee/PM youre more than welcome to

Sudai

Stuff here
If it were a normal death trap, it'd be one thing. This one is capable of handling a mans balls. That's a whole other league. Kill me fine, kill my kids? Aw hail naw.

Last edited:

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
You're gonna want to grease that trap before removing your balls though. You don't want anything sticking. Something simple like Pam cooking spray would probably work fine, but I use medical grade Acculube because Iceman don't take chances with his balls.

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
Yoooo this tournament going on at tech is too hype. Me, Eman, Gunner, Okuser, Chris, And birdy are all here and there's a huge turnout. All of us are I'm brawl winners. I'm in P:M losers and Gunner is in winners.

D

Deleted member

LSU vs. Tech crew battle? Who wants to do it?
they all play brawl exclusively.

IMO brawl should be 2 stocks, PM 3 stocks, melee and 64 4 stocks. basically every game except melee lasts too long currently. this isnt a melee elitism thing, this is a TO thing. sets just cant take 20+ minutes all the time.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
2 stocks in Brawl? That would certainly make things interesting. Either you'd see a whole new level of time-out, or maybe more agro playing. Good luck to whomever is brave enought to try that out.

Murdok

Smash Cadet
just as many people entered P:M as brawl at this thing. a lot of people were more interested in P:M than brawl. theres basicaly zero good p:m players though.
How often is there PM tourneys at tech??..I have a few people who would go for PM.

'V'

Smash Lord
IMO brawl should be 2 stocks, PM 3 stocks, melee and 64 4 stocks. basically every game except melee lasts too long currently. this isnt a melee elitism thing, this is a TO thing. sets just cant take 20+ minutes all the time.
I am in full agreement with this statement. It would make things soooooooo much faster.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
So guys, if any of you want some free hidden ability Pokemon, 4IV Fletchlings/Magikarps or Smeargles with Happy Hour then come to the LSU tourney today with your X/Y. I will be giving them out to anyone who would like them. Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

ChKn

Smash Ace
I'm probably going to experiment with 2 stocks, 6 minutes for the next tournament I'm doing. I'm going to need to advertise the **** out of it though, so I can get a good showing from the locals.

I'm always weary of the attendance in this state lol.

Last edited:

TxB | Ramsaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Ramsaur
Okuser is a damn liar. There were people there that were good at P:M. I'm showing the TO how to use smash boards right now so there should be a results thread. Btw this tournament is gonna be bi weekly now

-Ran

Smash Master
I always pushed to get Brawl to be two stocks. I once did some research of sets between top players, and the results were often determined once someone had achieved a single stock lead, unless a revenge kill was landed prior to taking twenty percent damage.

'V'

Smash Lord
If you're going to do 2-stock games, definitely make the timer 5 minutes and not 6. 6 will just encourage more camping and we'll be back to square one again. You'll be surprised how much of a difference 1 minute will make.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
64 actually has tried 4 stock and 5 stock tournaments; the difference is practically negligible. Time is saved overall, but the players' matches are rather unaffected. If everyone plays high tiers, the matches go by like nothing.

/opinionsandfacts

Guzzler Guzzler

Melee Elitist
64 actually has tried 4 stock and 5 stock tournaments; the difference is practically negligible. Time is saved overall, but the players' matches are rather unaffected. If everyone plays high tiers, the matches go by like nothing.

/opinionsandfacts
We just had a four hour N64 tournament. That is bull****

ChKn

Smash Ace
I always pushed to get Brawl to be two stocks. I once did some research of sets between top players, and the results were often determined once someone had achieved a single stock lead, unless a revenge kill was landed prior to taking twenty percent damage.
@Vaughn as well:

What would be your recommendation on stages and the timer? I feel like MK's presence makes it annoying to introduce new stages, unless I put two stage bans on counterpick.

Top Bottom