• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

ninjapenguin

Smash Apprentice
XKCP you're looking pretty active bud. Can I get an update on LA smash? It's been a minute. It looks like north LA might actually have somewhat of a scene now. Hmmm... :)

-Limbo

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
XKCP you're looking pretty active bud. Can I get an update on LA smash? It's been a minute. It looks like north LA might actually have somewhat of a scene now. Hmmm... :)

-Limbo
I haven't been to a tournament in a little while, my last was WHOBO. But not much has happened since then for the most part except for Tha Shrimp which a couple of people from North LA attended.

So basically, not counting Alexandria (I guess RJ falls under that area):
Wiggins (Shreveport)
XKCP (Shreveport)
Gunner (Shreveport)
Ninjapenguin (Shreveport)
Okuser (Ruston)
Ramsaur (Ruston)
Murdok (Ruston or Monroe)
DrinkingFood (Natchitoches)
Wreckasaurus (Natchitoches)

Plus there are a few newer players from Shreveport FGC and such (some of which we don't know very well):
Kyle (Benton?)
Benton Guys (Benton, lol)
GrolarBears (Shreveport)
Austin (Shreveport) and his pals
Roger (Shreveport) and his friend
All the guys that were at Gunner's (Ed, Zach, and some others I forgot; SORRY :( )

So that's like...

64: 3 (if you count Murdok, Zach, and I)
Melee: 9 (something like that, a lot of PM and Melee crossover)
Brawl: 6+ (We had a small tourney at Gunner's the one night and it had at least 8 including me)
PM: 10+ (Pretty much the entire list minus some of the obvious Brawl players, but Gunner is interested so I counted him)

It's not too bad. It's definitely a good bit more variety than there was like 2 years ago. Also, I'm pretty sure I'm missing some people that I have heard about or met.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Just as a reminder: Open World Monthly #2 this Saturday. Check the link on the OP for details. Please bring set-ups if you are able to and be on time. I am projecting a good turnout because this is the first tournament after college being over with, so many of the Smashers Open World lost during the school year will be back in town.

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
XKCP I play 64 too. I gotta donk you in that just like I did in pokemon. I play all smash. And yes it's so lonely in Alexandria without a vehicle.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Maybe we can play some 64 at da SmashCon or something then. All the major 64 players will be there too so plenty of people to meet.

ninjapenguin

Smash Apprentice
Thanks xkcp that's definitely an improvement from when i was active last haha. Anything that goes down at gunner's place or anywhere in north LA just let me know if you can remember. We go to the same school we should try to meet in the spring haha. Also I picked ping pong and have been playing hella hours a week between classes lol.

Shoutout to Ramsaur <3 (no homo)

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Well, ninja, I could actually meet you over at the school whenever you would like to do so. I live right across the street.

RJ, Gunner usually goes to SmashCon, though I don't know who else from North LA I have seen there. I usually drive by myself because I know Erick from high school so I stay at his place and help him setup the venue. I wouldn't mind picking you up if you need a ride and Erick would probably let you stay over.

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
RJ, Gunner usually goes to SmashCon, though I don't know who else from North LA I have seen there. I usually drive by myself because I know Erick from high school so I stay at his place and help him setup the venue. I wouldn't mind picking you up if you need a ride and Erick would probably let you stay over.[/quote]

Yeah man I would be down for that. Pm me your number.

Bestrin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4656-9213-2468
Ruston, LA/Mandeville, LA Melee player here. Can't wait for my first tournament at Open World this weekend!

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Why would you use that? You're still wireless, so you might as well use the CCPro

Pritch

Smash Lord
I still don't have it straight who plays what smash for a lot of the people who came on the scene in LA after I moved away last - what do you play ram? If the answer to that includes melee I may be free to do something tomorrow night.

D

Deleted member

Ruston, LA/Mandeville, LA Melee player here. Can't wait for my first tournament at Open World this weekend!
almost all of the melee community will be in Austin, TX this weekend. i hope it's not a sad experience for you :(

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: I'm stuck at home seeing as the gf took all the car keys. I could walk, but instead I will be here cleaning up the place and playing some 3DS, or PM.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
almost all of the melee community will be in Austin, TX this weekend. i hope it's not a sad experience for you :(
According to the owner of Open World, a lot of people he knows like to play Melee. I want to say it won't be a bad turnout even without you guys, based on how he sounded, but we shall see. Good luck in Austin.

Top Bottom