• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

D

Deleted member

idk how you all were able to post. i havent been able to log in in like a week, but im here now. this is pretty much all related to bombers post.

i dont like to DQ people. i just have to go find them, yell at them, make them feel bad, then we continue. usually only have to do it once per person, per tournament. it frustrates me, but its okay. but only having 2 set ups when you could have 8 matches going at once is an entirely different animal of holding up tournaments.

i didnt complain about people not bringing set ups. i made a simple statement. if the next shrimp doesnt have at least 4 set ups for PM there will be no PM tournament. its just a fact. you can blame me or insult me all you want but i dont run fraud tournaments (as much as within my power). and i wont run another tournament with that many people and only 2 set ups. nothing against the game or any players. ****, i won the tournament. i dont want to take money from myself but i wont be spending 6 hours on 2 tournaments next time.

my comments on people stealing from me is a straight up threat. you cant say "oh please dont do this." it doesnt work like this. i dare you to let me catch you. see what happens.

"get used to it" regarding **** that has happened to me at tournaments? lol. the difference between me and you is i will stand up for myself and ***** at people and make **** happen. ive been running tournaments longer than youve been playing smash. that doesnt give anyone the right to steal from anyone else (once again, i dare you to let me catch you). and i keep the right to not host a tournament if its going to take me half a day. its just smart planning. im sorry you have no idea what youre doing, but i do.

yes, i give you a lot of ****. because you're ideas are absolutely ********. like i said before, i dont think you think about what you say before you post it. i dont see how you can support your own arguments as they rarely make sense. in person, you are polite and helpful, but dont enforce authority when it needs to be given. and on the boards you are just a fraud who makes no sense. in person i will also be polite and respectful, but if anyone ever crosses me with the disrespect they pull over the internet, i will not hold my tongue. and when i need to be a **** to get a tournament running, i am. ask anyone who has come to a tournament i ran since 2005.

bomber- "If I ever made comments like you had, putting my foot down, then I'd get ganged up on, would have been told I was unprofessional, I was ********, that if people want an event, I should host it no matter how many set-ups I have, etc"
if you made reasonable claims, "putting your foot down," then even if some people attacked you, others would support you. some people are just angry and want to start ****. but unfortunately, you always get attacked because you rarely say anything that has logic behind it. this if funny because you were the ONLY person that told me i should host a tournament no matter how many set-ups i have. lol. once again you say something absolutely ********.

i dont have a venue fee, because i dont rip people off. on the flip side, if people dont bring enough set ups for a tournament then there is no tournament. its as simple as that. no one will argue it or be mad.

i never said anything about people showing up late. that happens and its unfortunate but what can you do. dont put words in my mouth.

the sad part is i actually hold all TO's to the same standard i hold myself (if thats what you consider a double standard then you dont understand the meaning of the phrase at all). every other tournament in LA ive been to (im sorry but it's real) kinda sucks. i ran melee for summer and winter con last year and it was super fraud that i had to jump in at wintercon without knowing because no one had TOs in check. not to mention all the other tournaments were ran slow and unorganized. i mean no disrespect to erick because he is only 1 man in a group of responsible people but its true. i can play while running and still be faster and more organized than anyone else. its sad. little monthly tournaments dont matter but TO's just ignore other events and melee ends up running itself. like i said, at a small event this is no big deal, but when it gets reflected into bigger events its very bad.

its true i go out of my way to respond to you, because i cant stand ******** people, with illogical ideas that they shove on others as though fact.

ive run twice as many tournaments as you have just from 2005-2007. you are just a kid man. you should learn to control your tournaments without making irrational demands. reasonable demands + reasonable control on times, DQs, and rules for set ups ect. will make you more successful. and hopefully everyone wont think you're worthless. (btw, pretty much everyone thinks you're really ********)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'll work on improving my behavior and doing better overall as a TO. Thanks for all that you said. I look forward to the day when I'm looked upon more favorably and respectfully. I'll do my best to correct any issues I've caused. As far as tournaments go, I'll work on forcing myself to enforce rules better, running more efficiently, as well as encouraging people to attend my events. So yeah, sorry guys.

P.S edit: stupid java script won't let me change the thread title. Will try again later. For now, I added the next Open World event. Brawl, Melee, and PM will be held. If you have questions, comments, or concerns, let me know in a civil and polite fashion.

'V'

Smash Lord
Man... Am I gonna have to show a few n00bs how to organize a tourney?? :p

But for real, seeing as how I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be making it Wintercon this time around, I'll be more than willing to help run some brackets. I'm pretty experienced at running multiple games and I'm pretty well-informed about how most are run. If all else, I can give Taylor a hand at running Melee/P:M.

Speaking of P:M... Anyone try out that demo 3.0 yet? It's godlike. I'm really digging the changes to Kirby and Roy. Mewtwo's got some cool new stuff too. Haven't messed with Yoshi yet, but I bet he's fun too.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I need to give it a try. My last exam is over with tomorrow so I'll be free after the end of this week. I want to see how Link was affected by his new changes. I know all the talk was about his Dash Attack. :x

'V'

Smash Lord
I know Link got a lot of nerfs, but some buffs here and there. Not sure exactly where, though.

Zelda got a TON of nerfs (again... ). Makes me really glad that I decided not to main her this time around.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I know Link got a lot of nerfs, but some buffs here and there. Not sure exactly where, though.

Zelda got a TON of nerfs (again... ). Makes me really glad that I decided not to main her this time around.
I think they are still trying to play around and make Link a better mid ranged fighter.

@zelda comment- They did what to my wifu?

'V'

Smash Lord
@zelda comment- They did what to my wifu?

All of this:

- Forward Tilt's sweetspots have less knockback growth
- Forward Air's strongest sweetspot has slightly less knockback growth
- Back Air's strongest sweetspot has slightly less base knockback
- Naryu's Love's final grounded hit has normalized SDI modifiers
- Naryu's Love's aerial land cancel has slightly more lag
- Din's Fire static hitboxes do 2 less damage

Full changelist can be found here: http://projectmgame.com/en/

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Aww man. :(

It's not that bad I guess, it's only slight nerfs. I think I'll still be able to play Zelda ok, but I'll just have tlo be more careful. We'll see.

FreddyBR

Smash Cadet
Where is Li-Di :[ I haven't had a phone, he probably thinks i've been dodging him :[ someone tell him to create a facebook and add me

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Ok, so there's still an issue with the java script so I'm still not able to change our thread title. I'll keep trying to see when that issue is resolved.

Sudai

Stuff here
So I tried to change the title of the post for you, got the same error. Tried to change a different thread's title, had no issues. I'll go make a post in the mod/admin forum about it for you. Any other info you could give me about when it started happening or other stuff would be helpful.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I noticed it happened either yesterday or Wednesday. I sent an email about five minutes ago reporting the error. As far as any additional information about the error, I have none. I just simply get that error when I try to change the thread title. :(

Thanks for the help.

Sudai

Stuff here
Np.

Having some issues with the Louisiana Social thread. http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...ly-9-fundraiser-bash-december-7th-2013.53259/

When the thread owner or I try to change the title of the thread, we get the error: "The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console." This only happens when changing the title. Changing just the contents of the thread, even when in advanced edit where you can change the title, works perfectly fine.

I've had no issues changing any other thread titles that I've tried so I think it has to do with the specific thread. The current owner of the thread was recently given ownership of it so it might have something to do with that, but we've changed thread owners since the new forums came out and it never mattered.

The owner's first mention of the issue if it helps figure anything out: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...cember-7th-2013.53259/page-1793#post-16079727
Is what I posted. Looks like I covered it all but figured I'd let you check over it just in case.

Sudai

Stuff here
Well its updated with open world in the title now, but I still can't change it. An SMod changed it. Gonna keep working on figuring out what it is though since bugging an SMod for a title change every time would suck.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Agreed. At least we have it changed for the time being. Why is it I feel this is probably the only State thread with problems? o_o

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi's color palette just got amazing! P:M is too fun. I like the new Mewtwo/Roy/Kirby/Yoshi. Samus seems not too bad, but she is still kinda... sad. I guess someone using more tilts like in Melee might get better results; I like to use aerials cuz of 64. I haven't tried Olimar yet.

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
New AI actually gives you a decent feel for competitive play. I got shine spiked a few times. Also whenever I have the doc skin of Mario I tend to try and do doc things lol

Sudai

Stuff here
New Samus is amazing XKCP. You just have to switch from fire to ice depending on opponent + percent. Ice is safer but fire is better for combos and both have their own good KO options.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
I was testing out a lot of the ice stuff and doing morph ball boosting to check out the new features so I was probably missing out on some cool stuff.

I tried out Olimar and he is basically just nerfed overall from Brawl so his grabs aren't ridiculous good and some of his moves don't have multiple hits anymore. I liked how he played for the most part though. Denti was complaining about Olimar so I thought I would check him out.

EDIT: It looks like I'm switching my secondary game from Melee to PM. Too fun. 64 still awesome though.

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
I just rewatched the documentary again after getting off work. All the feels. We should start a what smash did for me thread.

In general I take an escapist approach to everythin. I'm not gonna pretend my life was **** because it was pretty awesome. But a few things sucked. My dad wasn't around because he's a sex offender and whenever my sister and mom or other family argued I hated it (don't judge I'm gay when it comes to family lol). My escape was always books, sports or smash.

Particularly when I started college it was weird living in the dorm. Someone had brawl and next thing you know there are like 8 people rotating out and people playing ping pong in between matches. I became best friends with a kid who's uncle is openly a proud member of the KKK in Arkansas (I'm black by the way).

The first time I met Ramsaur, I noticed he was from Ruston and I was back in town visiting friends. We played like an hour of friendlies in his dorm and then went our separate ways. That night I played volleyball and was all sweaty and sandy. He was playing basketball and all sweaty. Next thing you know, I'm shirtless in his room playing friendlies against him until like 2am.

Like Wife said in the documentary, it gives you a chance to be someone else. You can be the pasty "nerd" in real life, then you pick up smash and just swag all over people. I think the greatness of smash comes from it not being online based. It forces you to build a relationship with people to consistently play them. We should get all the world leaders together and make them play smash.

#WhenImSleepyIMakeSappyPosts

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I'm gay

That night I played volleyball and was all sweaty and sandy. He was playing basketball and all sweaty. Next thing you know, I'm shirtless in his room

#WhenImSleepyIMakeSappyPosts
Turbo mode beast

That's good stuff Dylan. Also, Raymond told me to ask you about the time you popped your pants
poppin pants left and right

RuslinJimmies

Smash Journeyman
Ok we were playing Mario kart, a fart became a poop. I say there and didn't leave immediately because if it was wet I wanted it to soak into my boxers and not leak lol. Also I was winning the grand prix

That was the most misleading quote ever Ramsaur

Pritch

Smash Lord
Just speaking for myself here, but there are certain things I would probably not admit to the general public that is the internet. Just sayin'

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
North LA club has started.

Anyways, I've been thinking about hosting some regular sort of smash night (perhaps during the day even) but I don't know what would be a good time. Either like Tues-Thurs during the week or a more typical Saturday.

Top Bottom