• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

D

Deleted member

Me Freddy and Tim are on our way. Probably going to be 10 mins late and Tim is still looking for a teammate. 225-892-4778

:phone:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
For a tournament with $400 worth of bonus money, you guys need to work on coming out to these things. Traditional fighters are showing you guys up. Melee is also going to take home big money.

XKCP

Smash Journeyman
It's true, Sundays are not at all optimal.
But 16 people even with OOS? Sadness

To me, it looked like quite a few people were dropping out / not taking it seriously / were just unavailable to attend originally, but it is pretty ridiculous to get only 16 with OOS when we've had good local turnouts of about 20.

Summer is usually stronger though. Time to start hyping that one! I'll most likely be there for it. :)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Wow, I really don't know. I know it's probably the same amount as Melee, if not more. All I've heard today is "Can I sign up for Melee?" "Can I sign up for [insert trad fighter here]?"

Blaise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-1078-3265
I told the LA FGC about the pot bonuses so I imagine a good bit of them showed up. I like the outburst of melee popularity out of nowhere, it'll get even better if it wins the evo slot.

×MÁR× the best diddy

Smash Apprentice
Wth. Oh no y'all don't. Tis ain't becomin no stinkin melee state again. Hypin up next smashcon all over everywhere. Brawl will triple melees turnout

Sudai

Stuff here
Don't remember everyones names, but
1st: florida falco, named wheat?
2nd: lee
3rd: lee's teammate who went fox/falco
5th: taylorhj

pretty sure that's right...

Rice and Freddy are the names you're looking for based on the descriptions. I don't know the actual results though so I may be off.

D

Deleted member

i am surprised as well but nola has a melee crew out of no where. a lafayette crew showed up. houma has had a crew but they didnt come. obviously br plays. then you have marksville and random others. melee is making the come back. its only a matter of time and people will lose interest in brawl.

thank god i won the PM tournament or today would have been total fraud.

Griffard

Smash Ace
good tournament. enjoyed how big melee was.
For sure. Good games man, nice to meet you and look forward to more in the future.
i am surprised as well but nola has a melee crew out of no where. a lafayette crew showed up. houma has had a crew but they didnt come. obviously br plays. then you have marksville and random others. melee is making the come back. its only a matter of time and people will lose interest in brawl.

thank god i won the PM tournament or today would have been total fraud.
Yeye there's about 6 of us that play very regularly, we're really trying to improve. Hit me up whenever you guys are planning on playing for a while and let me know a bit in advance and some of us can make the trek to BR. You guys are definitely welcome at my house for games at any time too, we have two full set ups here and play pretty much every day.

D

Deleted member

so how can i contact all the people that came today to play melee? once the bracket gets posted i will have a better idea of players, but still there were players that drove all the way from lafayette to play that ive never seen or heard of and that to my knowledge, dont post. then the new nola crew (which obviously i know how to contact), but then random other crews that i was so frustrated and angry with everything involved with the tournament today that i didnt get to meet or play. this turnout was great, and i would love to see the community as a whole grow, but these players wont get better very fast unless they challenge themselves regularly. i wish i knew how to get in touch with all the people that came out today.

this is not only about raising the skill of our community as a whole, but giving an alternate to going to "smashcon" tournaments. you guys either have no idea how to handle a tournament greater than 10 people, or just didnt care to put forth the effort to do so. if you plan to make money now or in the future off of running tournaments, you should learn how to do it.

i would like to meet the people i was around today and encourage them to play more, and my house is ALWAYS open to anyone that wants to learn the next level of play. if i can get people dedicated again, have a real LA community instead of 6 people per tournament, i will host quarterly tournaments myself. and if people want to practice in between tournaments then they are always welcome to come play me. im just incredibly frustrated because the only reason you could call this day a success at all is because me and my girlfriend took over. and honestly the initial frustration and stress of the bull**** start of the day really ruined my play.

special shout out to trey and bsl. you guys are ****ing troopers. you always come out to support and have fun. trey i will seriously dedicate time to trying to teach you melee if you want to start coming over for real training.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Even tho Brawl was low on entrants it was still an awesome event and I had a lot of fun. Learned a lot too. Shoutouts when the thread is up but now I need sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Lol no I just missed some class because of apex so I have a wee bit of catching up to do.

D

Deleted member

i also want to extend apologizes to pingding and anyone else i was rude to today. i didnt mean anything personal, i was just 3 levels of frustrated when i should have only had to focus on my play.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
i also want to extend apologizes to pingding and anyone else i was rude to today. i didnt mean anything personal, i was just 3 levels of frustrated when i should have only had to focus on my play.
Pingding is one of our newer TO's. He did come up to me a couple of times asking for help with a couple of things, and I did my best to give him the right advice. Though I feel bad because something happened to his bracket. He got up and left his bracket to someone he thought he could trust and when he returned, the guy was gone and some people played who they shouldn't have and he was already a few good rounds into his tournament. I give him some slack because this was his first Melee tournament he ran for a smashcon convention, so I can only assume there was some sort of pressure on him to run things perfectly. I thank him so much for coming out, but also thanks Taylor for helping us out, I had no idea that had happened because I was busy running brawl. In time Pingding will get better, he just needs more practice as a TO.

Top Bottom