• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Louisiana Thread: Flarefox Forever - We are alive.

-Ran

Smash Master
Brawl isn't on the list but you're allowed to write in a game. Should we even try?

If so Click this link:

http://www.wcg.com/6th/poll/poll_ptt.asp

and follow these steps:

1. Put in your information
2. Click Fighters
3. In the first Text box choose any game
4. in the third Text box write in "Super Smash Brothers Brawl."

Curlz

Smash Lord
I feel like I'm late, but I'll quickly post my opinions.

1. Hayley Williams IS the hottest redhead.
2. Lol @ Hyro's editing reason.
3. Ryker, Arcadia will **** you at BlazBlue
4. Alabama hype!

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Brawl isn't on the list but you're allowed to write in a game. Should we even try?

If so Click this link:

http://www.wcg.com/6th/poll/poll_ptt.asp

and follow these steps:

1. Put in your information
2. Click Fighters
3. In the first Text box choose any game
4. in the third Text box write in "Super Smash Brothers Brawl."
Yo Iji post this everywhere. It'd seriously be worth trying if we can get the whole community involved.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Whoa! What happened to my TO status?!

Edit: What happened to everyone's TO status? Why did they remove the Group Membership?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I feel like I'm late, but I'll quickly post my opinions.

1. Hayley Williams IS the hottest redhead.
2. Lol @ Hyro's editing reason.
3. Ryker, Arcadia will **** you at BlazBlue
4. Alabama hype!
Idc, there'll be someone other than Zero_Gamer to play.

You guys are fun.

r0ni

Smash Cadet
Whoa! What happened to my TO status?!

Edit: What happened to everyone's TO status? Why did they remove the Group Membership?
i wish i were cool enough to one day have a TO status.

>.>

LOLOLOLOLOL

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
IGNORED

And I still haven't heard back from my parents about letting me use our car for Alabama. They're in the "we'll talk about it" stage.
I'm more interested on who's goin to WHOBO. That's the only Oos tourney I plan to and can attend for the most part. Anyone up for a CI Monthly at the beginning of Dec?

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
IGNORED

And I still haven't heard back from my parents about letting me use our car for Alabama. They're in the "we'll talk about it" stage.
Hard ignores. I have finals at that time (including a Saturday final the day of) so no go for me.

Meaning that Jiovanni is probably driving us now, right?
I was gonna drive anyway, but yesterday a bunch of people randomly wanted to go so I asked the *** if it would be possible for him to drive in addition to me driving.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Insight to my MINDDDD

Ok guys, I’m not real…in a sense.

I try to be real, and I want to be real, but I don’t like my real, so I make it my fake. Then I develop a new real. But I guess that’s just called growing up.

Now I’m very

very

very

immature. But I’m not stupid. So I’m about to explain my life to ya’ll…in smart terms. So pay attention if you give a ****. If not…yall just ****ing read lol.

I’m so ****ing scared. Of life. I literally have phobias. And I do something called “phobic avoidance”.

A universal truth about anxiety is that avoidance makes fears worse. To understand why this is so, consider these three facts:

• Anxiety is unpleasant.
• Avoiding fear-provoking situations or activities stops anxiety.
• Escaping when anxiety is rising brings enormous relief.

If you think about these facts you will see that not facing your fear is, at first right and sensible. Who would deliberately make themselves more anxious?

Unfortunately, not only does avoiding a fearful situation appear sensible, it seems to work. In the short-term, avoidance and escape give you a sense of control over your anxiety. The problem is that, in the long-term, you spend more and more time organising your life to avoid what you fear. In this way fear spreads throughout your life
^^^this.

So my fears have amplified to a HIGH degree. I know that because the one time I couldn’t find relief I thought about suicide for real for the first time…that’s really embarrassing to say for some reason since that’s not what kinda person I am but w/e

Now when people are in fearful situations, they panic. They get anxious. I always thought the word anxious meant “eager to do something”. Kinda like excitement. A GOOD word. And I know the word anxiety is bad. Serious stress. So I was like…how is anxious the root word of anxiety? Then I found out there’s actually another meaning for anxious.

“Uneasy and apprehensive about an uncertain event or matter; worried”
Now it made sense. So I was like…man…I know that feeling…so what’s an anxiety attack?

“When people go through an anxiety attack, they can become completely overwhelmed with uncontrollable emotion. Different from a simple bout of stress or frustration, anxiety attacks can strike unexpectedly and cause a powerful and indescribable sense of agony, fear or even physical pain.”
I’ve LITERALLY had anxiety attacks around you guys. Pure fear. Which turned to agony…misery…I felt like I was gonna have a heart attack once.

“Experiencing an Attack
Although not life-threatening, an anxiety attack is a frightening ordeal. The feeling of terror is very similar to the body's natural reaction to a dangerous situation, and this feeling can completely consume a person. People with a panic or anxiety disorder can experience a rapid heartbeat, shaking, dizziness, shortness of breath and a debilitating fear. 

The attack can come out of nowhere and there's no way to stop it once it begins. Usually, the entire episode will subside in a matter of minutes, but for someone going through it, the effects seem to last a lifetime. Unfortunately, new attacks can happen repeatedly for hours. As a result of such attacks, many sufferers isolate themselves, become depressed, abuse drugs and alcohol, or even contemplate suicide.”
Wow, I need to communicate with people who have had anxiety attacks. I need to recognize the triggers. And I need to know when I feel a symptom (such as me being really cold) or whether it's just the environment (such as it ACTUALLY being cold).

“However, if worries and fears are preventing you from living your life the way you'd like to, you may be suffering from an anxiety disorder.”
^^savon like we were talking about lol

Well all of this has left me with social anxiety disorder. Also known as extreme shyness. That's why I get really weird around people...especially the more people it is...especially if I've never met them.

I have a million symptoms including my terrible thoughts, negative thinking, insomnia, and all that puts my mind in an even worse place and I see the negatives as FACT not possibilities. I assume the worst when all I tell people do is assume the positive. The thing I love is that I can SEE all this though. I know it's that I'm crazy and it's very fixable lol
Why You Keep Worrying
You have mixed feelings about your worries. On one hand, your worries are bothering you - you can't sleep, and you can't get these pessimistic thoughts out of your head. But there is a way that these worries make sense to you. For example, you think:
• Maybe I'll find a solution.
• I don't want to overlook anything.
• If I keep thinking a little longer, maybe I'll figure it out.
• I don't want to be surprised.
• I want to be responsible.
You have a hard time giving up on your worries because, in a sense, your worries have been working for you.

The inability to tolerate uncertainty plays a huge role in anxiety and worry. Chronic worriers can’t stand doubt or unpredictability. They need to know with 100 percent certainty what’s going to happen. Worrying is seen as a way to predict what the future has in store, a way to prevent unpleasant surprises and control the outcome. The problem is, it doesn’t work.
Thinking about all the things that could go wrong doesn’t make life any more predictable. You may feel safer when you’re worrying, but it’s just an illusion. Focusing on worst-case scenarios won’t keep bad things from happening. It will only keep you from enjoying the good things you have in the present. So if you want to stop worrying, start by tackling your need for certainty and immediate answers.
Literally, it comes from an IRRATIONAL way of thinking...so I have to talk about these things, whether it be with people or within myself (which after today I'm confident I'm smart enough to do alone) and accept that not everything is how I made it out to be. Gotta look deep into my past. I wish it was more obvious. I wish I got ***** as a kid or something. But I'll let you guys know what I find haha

It has perhaps been most simply defined as a "poor ability to adapt to one's environment, an inability to change one's life patterns, and the inability to develop a richer, more complex, more satisfying personality
THIS is why I smoke weed. Not because it's fun, not because I'm like "WOHOO DRUGS ARE COOL". And I don't hate smoking weed because "IM A STRAIGHTEDGE DRUGS ARE BAD". The reason I smoke weed and I don't LIKE smoking weed, is because I'm not smoking it for fun. I'm smoking it because it's necessary for my brain to function correctly and fix all the problems naturally. I feel like it's my medicine. I'm pretty sure it is and eventually all my questions will be answered and problems solved...at least the ones that should be by now. Then I can either stop smoking, or smoke to enjoy myself. Until then...I'ma smoke alone...or with like one person. Because I WILL have an anxiety attack and embarass myself. And just the fear of that happening in front of people amplifies the fear tenfold.

tl;dr: I'm done asking you guys if I'm crazy. Yall don't even ****ing know. I know for a fact I am...but it's fixable...so ima fix it

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
ur a smart guy john, and glad to hear you got your grasp on the whole what-anxiety-is thing. i have a brother who's life's been very controlled by it, so i follow what you saying. just dont set yourself up with things you'll 'always/never' do, because you are still young and you still have alot of experiences that will shape your opinions.
on the reals though, when you get to chill w/ less people its definitely easier to relax and bond, than with lots of people you're always going to have those social expectations of yourself. i find the secret is just to care less. its not like a switch you can just flip on and off, but practicing in small bits (just breaking down why certain things actually aren't important, and why you have to have a play-to-win mentality in life, and understand why i'm-better-than-you (in some dimension or another) is enough to hold yourself in high enough regard to where no one or thing should threaten your peace.

its interesting to how we can mindgames ourselves into justifying the negative. your not crazy. (or..at least your crazy in just this one facet, opposed to many!) Anxiety is more common than the taboo lets off. Granted not everyone gets the crippling intensity it can on some - its our way of thinking that trains our brain into feeling certain ways in certain situations (whether it makes sense or not). So in that sense, the 'crazyness can get fixed' with incorporating healthier, confident thoughts (and because we're meta-thinkiers...) its required we break it down a little logically to ourselves. (dumb people have an easier time convincing themselves, obviously). and take all good points into consideration- including that you're smart enough to observe your own feelings, understand them, and control it.

--------------------------

who's willing to drive to the AL tourney tomorrow? I can be at dibbz to meet up for a carpool or someone's place via mapquest? and curlz...you wanna go, coming from laffy, yes?

Hyro

Smash Lord
So are you dude. I know what you mean. I've literally attached negative ways of thinking to certain aspects of life (mostly socially tbh). The trick isn't to convince yourself something positive...maybe if I was dumb. But I'm not. The trick is to literally think about things and realize there is no SET way of thinking. You literally choose to think of something as negative or positive based on how you were raised, your life experiences, society, everything... But life is full of uncertainty and you can't take it on fearing the worst...or you won't even see the positive. I've always SAID this...but I've never THOUGHT this. Lol. Anyways. There's a lot more story...but I'll save it for later.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Soul expansion
Real **** right here. Good that you recognize it. Coming from me I don't have the exact same experience but something similar. I had ridiculous night terrors when I was a child. Some people laugh at night terrors but they're serious ****. A nightmare is like oh these thoughts are scary, but I can escape to reality. What I was experiencing was a figment of my imagination that I literally couldn't discern from reality. According to my parents I would be screaming in my sleep and when they woke me it it took a little time for me to snap back to reality and I'd be drenched in sweat. The things that I would experience were so vivid and though it seemed like they couldn't possibly be real I was unable to tell when it was happening and would literally experience the pains in my dream while they were happening. Eventually I went to therapy and my therapist taught me that reality is reality and dreams are dreams. You can do anything you want in your dreams and as soon as you realize that you can be safe in your dreams. If all else fails you can also wake up.

Mainly you have to realize that a lot of psychological problems are just a state of mind. Don't be too quick to jump to drugs since biologically speaking scientists don't always know the in depth effects of psychoactive drugs. Weed not so bad since THC doesn't do anything negative in most cases though. Just don't get hopped up on a lot of pills because it may not be the best choice especially since you're young.

who's willing to drive to the AL tourney tomorrow? I can be at dibbz to meet up for a carpool or someone's place via mapquest? and curlz...you wanna go, coming from laffy, yes?
So here's the deal, I'm already driving to AL tomorrow and have one open spot in my car. Griffard had asked me first to come but would have to bring his friend which would be too many people in the car. If Justin/Ev aren't able to drive than I can fit one more person but you would have to talk it over with Griffy first.

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
Ok, so if I can't get the car, what's the carpool gonna look like?

Is it:
Jio
JNig
Curlz
Batto or Arc?
Cyphus/Griffard

I'm just not sure whether the 4th person is either Batto or my bro, but I've told Ev that he shouldn't go if we can't use our car. Especially since everyone else that wants to go actually HAS money and are willing to enter at least one event, so he should be nice for a change.

Savon

Smash Ace
What is a good outlet for anger when it comes to my mother. Honestly speaking I don't really like her as a person and I hate being around her for extended periods of time. She is the only person on the face of the earth who makes me angry enough to break something. What is a healthy outlet for this anger that only she manages to bring out of me?

Seriously guys, because that outlet might mean the difference between me walking away or just lashing out at her.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Ok, so if I can't get the car, what's the carpool gonna look like?

Is it:
Jio
JNig
Curlz
Batto or Arc?
Cyphus/Griffard

I'm just not sure whether the 4th person is either Batto or my bro, but I've told Ev that he shouldn't go if we can't use our car. Especially since everyone else that wants to go actually HAS money and are willing to enter at least one event, so he should be nice for a change.
So Me, JNig, and Curlz are definites. I text Greg yesterday but he didn't reply so idk what happened to him. Curlz said Lee wanted to come, and Griffard can only come if his friend can too so that would be two spaces.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
What is a healthy outlet for this anger that only she manages to bring out of me?
Beat children. No but seriously, start drinking. That's how I deal with my problems. Dr. Phil wouldn't suggest that, but he also has a ****ton of money and doesn't deal with regular people ****.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
if i got a spot...then i'm def coming. i dont get off work tonight til 11, so unless someone got a place to crash, i'll just be showing up around 8am then. whoop.

i'm just really worried i'm super out of practice. hopefully i can get some friendlies w/ someone before. tonight, maybeH?

Hyro

Smash Lord
Wow. My perspective is literally permanently changed. I thought about the right things and now I'm seeing the world through clear lens. And wow, people are pretty...closed minded LOL and that's me talking

D

Deleted member

i feel you john. i have extreme anxiety and ironically that is why i dont smoke weed anymore. it was a trigger for me. as well as caffeine, enclosed spaces, and lots of other things. in the past couple of years ive probably had less than 10 but a few years before that it was a weekly if not daily occurrence to have intense panic attacks.
the fight of flight feeling is horrible if there's no reason for it.

Arcadia

Smash Apprentice
2 things:

1) John I know what I've told you, but I just want to let you know that I DO care, and I'm glad to hear you are confident about overcoming your problem(s).

2) Cyphus you should come to my place so we can play Melee tonight.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
the pr graphic looks pretty ballin so far.
am i the hypedog?

sometimes, i think the existence of the universe is made up in my mind. and that the only reason i cant do outlandish things (like flying or kamehamehas or mind reading, etc) is that if i could do it, i would know that everything was fake. and then it would end. and i dont know what would happen.

essentially, i believe that i can end the universe. just im too scared to. and by 'the universe' i mean my imagination.

not joking. i'm insane.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
guys. i'm getting in to yugioh. what deck should i build.

i need to **** the **** out of this kid at my school. i need a good deck.

Top Bottom