• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
I've been lurking on Smash Boards for awhile, but I wanted to make an account so I could post my support for Ashley in Smash. :D Please include me on the Supporter's List. Keeping my fingers crossed for Ashley for Smashley on Wednesday!
Yaaay, I'm updating the support list tommorow morning for the last 40 pages or so woo. Welcome to the Ashley Paradice! We got the nicest ever people here, I wish I could hug em all.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Honestly, I feel like the whole Waluigi thing was innocent memes at first, but quickly escalated more and more as nastier people got in on the action and the cycle of joking became a dangerous way to facilitate disappointment and hate. I like Waluigi, and before Ultimate there was never really anything wrong with liking him, but now...

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Ya I feel like half the people don’t even care about Waluigi and just join the bandwagon, and I’m sick of people thinking Waluigi is in WarioWare.
Yeah, haven’t played Warioware yet, but I know he’s not included from the gameplay I’ve seen. Do plan on picking up gold though. Also, as a side note, it makes sense that daisy got in and waluigi didn’t. She appeared outside of spinoffs once, and is more realistically popular.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Oh yeah, add me to the support list I guess lol

Ugh wednesday feels forever away...
Yeah, it's crazy how the more you want something the harder it is to wait for it. Man I can't wait to see the direction they take for her moves, their is soo much possibility.

Glowsquid

Smash Journeyman
I really hope her appearance is based off her WarioWare Gold design, it’s her best design from Ko BY FAR.
I'm partial to her cray-cray Galaxy design m'self. It's a pretty bold change but its depiction of an older and more confident Ashley really works.

Obv I don't think any appearance of Ashley in Smash would be based on a Japan-only april fool's gag, expect maybe as an alt-color

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Im prepared for something lame like a new pokemon, FE rep, Springman, or Rex or whatever. If anything I expect it.
My hopes lay in Ashley getting in tho.
The worst possible outcome is if shes shown as an assist. Itll be pretty heartbreaking, but this is the most likely shes ever been so Im going to hope
Yeah honestly Pokemon character reveals are the LEAST exciting to me. It'll be nice if we get something unexpected

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I’m still hoping for Sceptile even though his chances are pretty much gone. But maybe this time he’ll get a trophy.

TailsTheAssassin

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 4398 2362 0516
Add me to the list too if you haven't already! Wednesday may decide Ashley's fate.... Keeping my fingers crossed!

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Ya I feel like half the people don’t even care about Waluigi and just join the bandwagon, and I’m sick of people thinking Waluigi is in WarioWare.
Yeah there was a reply on Twitter under a Nintendo post that said they were doing it for the meme. It makes me feel sad honestly

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
I’m still hoping for Sceptile even though his chances are pretty much gone. But maybe this time he’ll get a trophy.
Yeah I’ve always wanted him in although with decidiueye his chances are dwindling... too bad he would’ve been perfect and that way we have fire,water,and grass.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Would be nice if the list had 200 supporters by Wednesday. :)
How many do we have now?
Was 166 on page 91, not sure if Op added that one to the first page, but When I update my page 91 one, tommorow morning I'll send it to them directly as well as posting it here.

In all likely hood I'd be suprised not to see 200 on the support list tommorow ;).

Last edited:

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if the stereotype for Ashley mains will be goth, lolita, weeb, or sarcastic people (since most characters have some kind of humorous stereotype attached to their playerbase)
I think it'll be all of the above, though the former 3 will be much more prolific than the last one.
I've been lurking on Smash Boards for awhile, but I wanted to make an account so I could post my support for Ashley in Smash. :D Please include me on the Supporter's List. Keeping my fingers crossed for Ashley for Smashley on Wednesday!
Welcome!

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Yeah I’ve always wanted him in although with decidiueye his chances are dwindling... too bad he would’ve been perfect and that way we have fire,water,and grass.
Not necessarily, if the project plan was truly finalized in late 2015/early 2016, Sceptile still would’ve been the most popular choice, as sun and moon weren’t out til late 2016, which means he still has more of chance than anything else not gen 7 related. I can still hope for it happening. And even without relevancy, he would’ve had 0 competition other than blaziken on the ballot, and if the project plan was finished in that timeframe, a newer gen 7 pokemon may not actually happen.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Id be down with ashleys inclusion in ultimate. Id hope for a double reveal trailer with her and simon belmont, keep the theme along a similar spooky territory. Now whether that would fit better with an october direct or not remains to be seen, but it could be pretty fun either way.

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
Not necessarily, if the project plan was truly finalized in late 2015/early 2016, Sceptile still would’ve been the most popular choice, as sun and moon weren’t out til late 2016, which means he still has more of chance than anything else not gen 7 related. I can still hope for it happening.
You know what you’re right Sceptile could make it in, and I find him better than the gen 7 starters. When Ashley is revealed I’ll make a sceptile thread for smash XD.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Drop me on the list please. High hopes for our girl
Id be down with ashleys inclusion in ultimate. Id hope for a double reveal trailer with her and simon belmont, keep the theme along a similar spooky territory. Now whether that would fit better with an october direct or not remains to be seen, but it could be pretty fun either way.
More Ashley friends are always welcome!

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I would ask to be added, but I’m pretty sure I’m a supporter already.

High hopes for Ashley on Wednesday though, luckily time’s going quick for me.

As for Waluigi, I feel you guys are being unfair. I’ve seen a steady increase in interest for Waluigi over the years, from being the most hated character to being praised. There are many who are genuine in wanting him, and I think people see it as them joking which is the problem. I watched Waluigi slowly earn fans and it was beautiful, so I do feel sorry for his fan base, especially if the people who are joking have completely ruined his chances to ever be in Smash.

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
If you want to see toxic fans, spend a few minutes over at the GameFAQs Smash board. The Ashley bashing there is rather unhealthy.

At least on here I've noticed that if a person doesn't like or want a character, they're usually respectful about it and don't post on that character's thread.
Heh...I don't normally go to GameFAQs but, I was curios and wanted to see what was going on over there myself after the Direct Announcement.

The anti-Ashley people over there are certainly sweating bullets right now! I looked at the front message board for Smash Ultimate and 4 of the threads are dedicated to Ashley.

I guess Ashley has to have her daily bashing when you see threads like "Ashley is a lame character" or "What Newcomer would be better that Ashley?" on a frequent basis. What's funny is people are asking why Ashley has become the recent trending topic. To them they think it's just one giant bandwagon with an expiration date. I guess they take solace in denial.

one thread took a poll regarding Ashley being playable and the opinion seems to be evenly split. Interesting how the haters make up possibly less than half of the users over there. I suppose there is a minor handful of haters who admit she's likely but, not everyone who doubts her playability is necessarily a hater.

Ed-boy

Smash Journeyman
If you want to see toxic fans, spend a few minutes over at the GameFAQs Smash board. The Ashley bashing there is rather unhealthy.
Yeeeeaah, as someone who is a fan of Daisy that witnessed what gamefaqs-ers(?) had to say, I can vouch for this BIG time. Can you say "mob mentality"?
It's sad, really. I'd have thought Ashley would be more well-received over there.

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I never would have guessed her popularity in all honesty. I was never the biggest Warioware fan though, so I didn’t keep up with the community, I primarily just enjoyed Wario.

Keep up the good work though, I’m rooting for you guys as I need more characters than just Bandana Dee to support. I’m pretty simple and have loved the roster since Brawl, only missing one of my favorite Kirby characters.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Heh...I don't normally go to GameFAQs but, I was curios and wanted to see what was going on over there myself after the Direct Announcement.

The anti-Ashley people over there are certainly sweating bullets right now! I looked at the front message board for Smash Ultimate and 4 of the threads are dedicated to Ashley.

I guess Ashley has to have her daily bashing when you see threads like "Ashley is a lame character" or "What Newcomer would be better that Ashley?" on a frequent basis. What's funny is people are asking why Ashley has become the recent trending topic. To them they think it's just one giant bandwagon with an expiration date. I guess they take solace in denial.

one thread took a poll regarding Ashley being playable and the opinion seems to be evenly split. Interesting how the haters make up possibly less than half of the users over there. I suppose there is a minor handful of haters who admit she's likely but, not everyone who doubts her playability is necessarily a hater.
For many, Ashley has come out of nowhere. 4chan is having a thread trying to dissuade Ashley's probability of getting in:

https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/426776295 <-Thread says that Ashley does not have enough moveset potential.

4chan thread supporting Ashley:

https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/426806556

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Hey guys: do you know where I could find a place on here that has custom icons for desired newcomers? I've thought about wanting to edit my signature for a while to include Ashley among other characters I'm desiring, so I was just wondering.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
For many, Ashley has come out of nowhere. 4chan is having a thread trying to dissuade Ashley's probability of getting in:

https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/426776295 <-Thread says that Ashley does not have enough moveset potential.

4chan thread supporting Ashley:

https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/426806556
Imagine being so uncreative that you can't come up with a moveset for a quirky witch who can summon, shoot lightning, turn things into other things, manipulate flowers into giant man eating plants, has a white hair power up mode, and has a transforming pet, Shown to turn into weapons and a flying broom.

Last edited:

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
Imagine being so uncreative that you can't come up with a moveset for a quirky witch who can summon, shoot lightning, turn things into other things, manipulate flowers into giant man eating plants, has a white hair power up mode, and has a transforming pet, Shown to turn into weapons and a flying broom.
I think you roasted 4 chan too hard Ashuree XD

Last edited:
Top Bottom