• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Ashley, Geno and K. Rool all have red eyes. How incredible would it be to see all three on Wednesday?
I really hope we don't see Geno yet. It's not because I don't want him, I'm just in the middle of Mario RPG and want to finish it before he's announced lol. I don't think they'd reveal all of the most anticipated fighters right now though, as much as I'd like it to happen. That is a crazy coincidence though
I love red but I'm real not into how rosalina plays, so I hope he's just cosmetic, or at the least doesn't function at all like Luma.
I highly doubt she'd be anything like Rosalina. Red would probably just show up in a lot of her moves. I'm still sticking to the Ashley and Red naming however

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's 9am for me, so no live reaction from me sadly. I'm gonna try to avoid spoilers before I can watch it at home.

pik3rob

Smash Cadet
I love red but I'm real not into how rosalina plays, so I hope he's just cosmetic, or at the least doesn't function at all like Luma.
I think Red will be part of her moveset, but just in terms of his transformations. He'll probably appear in her taunts and victory animations though.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I think Red will act just as he does in Warioware. Ashley does all the work while he hovers around her and transforms into whatever she needs when he's summoned.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I think Red will act just as he does in Warioware. Ashley does all the work while he hovers around her and transforms into whatever she needs when he's summoned.
More likely it'd be like Pit or Megaman where Ashley is left holding whatever she used for her last move, at least temporarily.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
That's what I'm thinking as well. Red will be involved, but he's a mostly cosmetic design and Ashley will be doing all the fighting.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'd rather Ashley be more standalone and Red be used simply when he transforms, with him mostly being Ashley's wand. I don't want a Rosalina type play style.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well, I got WarioWare Gold at the mall today:
E2D73DBD-49FA-4A16-AABD-99B021DCCDF7.jpeg

Needless to say I’m excited to play it, it’s one of the first 3DS games I’ve gotten in almost a year actually.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I have a feeling that we'll be getting three characters revealed this time and follow in the same formula as the E3 trailer.

Ashley is the most likely candidate for an original fighter, and I'd love to see her shown off at the start. It's too soon after Ridley to reveal someone like K Rool.
An echo fighter will be shown off somewhere in the middle. If this happens, I'm going to say Isabelle.
The Direct will end with another reveal, this time of a third party character. I have no idea who this character could be, however.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I haven't bough a 3DS game besides Pokemon in a while, really excited for Gold. My copy should be here tomorrow!

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I imagine the next reveal after this one might be in October, well with Ashley I will be good waiting another two months. :p

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Im so excited yet totally nervous. Worst possible thing ever would be if shes shown as an assist.

Ive just been imagining her in the game and stuff and ugh...I really hope shes in this time

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I really hope her appearance is based off her WarioWare Gold design, it’s her best design from Ko BY FAR.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
If she's not shown as an assist and doesn't show up at all on Wednesday, then Ashley still has good chances. Revealing her in October with Simon Belmont would also be a good time to reveal her.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Im so excited yet totally nervous. Worst possible thing ever would be if shes shown as an assist.

Ive just been imagining her in the game and stuff and ugh...I really hope shes in this time
Don't worry, be happy.
I'm sure it'll all work out fine! Even if we don't see her revealed Wednesday, as long as we don't see her as an Assist she's still got a chance!

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

I want her too, but you always gotta look at other possible outcomes. I'm prepared for the worst, hoping for the best.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Im prepared for something lame like a new pokemon, FE rep, Springman, or Rex or whatever. If anything I expect it.
My hopes lay in Ashley getting in tho.
The worst possible outcome is if shes shown as an assist. Itll be pretty heartbreaking, but this is the most likely shes ever been so Im going to hope

Noipoi

Howdy!
Im prepared for something lame like a new pokemon, FE rep, Springman, or Rex or whatever. If anything I expect it.
My hopes lay in Ashley getting in tho.
The worst possible outcome is if shes shown as an assist. Itll be pretty heartbreaking, but this is the most likely shes ever been so Im going to hope
I dunno, man. Incineroar would be pretty hype for me.
I want Ashley to be revealed as soon as possible so I can chill. I already have everything else I want, just this one last thing and i'm set.

Last edited:

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
Posi Vibes, She's getting in. I wont accept a universe that tells me the opposite. Wooo.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
It's good to be positive, I'm just saying to prepare for the worst just in case. If the worst happens and the fandom didn't accept that kind of outcome it can turn very toxic.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

Only Sakurai knows what he's doing, not us or anonymous text leakers. We can only guess.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Protip for anyone who wants to watch the Direct spoiler-free: You can go to the YouTube link for the stream after it's over, and it'll replay the whole stream.
Just make sure to avoid looking at the related videos, for the love of God.
That one Ashley leak I've been reposting mentioned a Direct near to WarioWare Gold's release with game mode information and Ashley.
What leak is that? I honestly don't recall seeing it here.
I really hope we don't see Geno yet. It's not because I don't want him, I'm just in the middle of Mario RPG and want to finish it before he's announced lol.
My hot prediction that Geno (on the 90-ish% chance of his inclusion, by my observation) will be a post-release reveal. I.E. First time people will see him (outside of leaks) will be when the game releases and he's a secret character.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I dont think Ashley fans will be as toxic as Waluigi fans were to be fair
Well, I believe that us Ashley fans already are thankful to Sakurai for having such a spotlight in Smash. Sure, it would be a sad day if she is deconfirmed as a playable character... But it's still a great thing for a character to be an assist. Saki Amamiya is a good example of this, the character would be way more forgotten without Smash.

Now, the thing is to be positive! Planets are aligned for Ashley, the only missing piece is Sakurai.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
If you want to see toxic fans, spend a few minutes over at the GameFAQs Smash board. The Ashley bashing there is rather unhealthy.

At least on here I've noticed that if a person doesn't like or want a character, they're usually respectful about it and don't post on that character's thread.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
If you want to see toxic fans, spend a few minutes over at the GameFAQs Smash board. The Ashley bashing there is rather unhealthy.

At least on here I've noticed that if a person doesn't like or want a character, they're usually respectful about it and don't post on that character's thread.
There is almost no moderation at gamefaqs so it's no real suprise. Also people tend to see other characters getting in as a snub to their own wanted character, so the more likely one is to be in that they don't want, the more insecure they become and the more they lash out at the character and their fans.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
No anonymous text leaker is going to kill off my hope for Ashley. Sakurai will be the only person who will do that.

There is almost no moderation at gamefaqs so it's no real suprise. Also people tend to see other characters getting in as a snub to their own wanted character, so the more likely one is to be in that they don't want, the more insecure they become and the more they lash out at the character and their fans.
I stopped going there over a decade ago. Even back then it was too toxic for my liking. Any site without an effective moderation staff is going to go to ****.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Yeah, I’ve seen how respectful smashboards is, and looking at gameFAQs just gave me toxic vibes. Also, I’m trying hard to not get too hyped up for the direct as it may be disappointing if anyone I want gets deconfirmation.

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I’ve seen how respectful smashboards is, and looking at gameFAQs just gave me toxic vibes. Also, I’m trying hard to not get too hyped up for the direct as it may be disappointing if anyone I want gets deconfirmation.
That toxic isn’t good for a grass type like you XD. On a serious note ya they are extremely toxic, insecure, and do nothing but curse. Yuck

Onua

Smash Journeyman
Shout outs to 4chan being very ashley friendly lol (in their own "unique" and "special" way)

On that note I wonder if the stereotype for Ashley mains will be goth, lolita, weeb, or sarcastic people (since most characters have some kind of humorous stereotype attached to their playerbase)

WiredRM

Smash Cadet
I've been lurking on Smash Boards for awhile, but I wanted to make an account so I could post my support for Ashley in Smash. :D Please include me on the Supporter's List. Keeping my fingers crossed for Ashley for Smashley on Wednesday!

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
That toxic isn’t good for a grass type like you XD. On a serious note ya they are extremely toxic, insecure, and do nothing but curse. Yuck
Yep. Also, I have no clue why their so toxic about waluigi. I’m pretty sure the reason he’s not playable is because he’s a meme, and was originally created for Mario tennis because Wario had no partner, so it makes perfect sense. We’ve seen the assist trophy yet some people refuse to accept it...

Last edited:

Dogtooth

Smash Apprentice
Yep. I have no clue why their so toxic about waluigi. I’m pretty sure the reason he’s not playable is because he’s a meme, and was originally created for Mario tennis because Wario had no partner. We’ve seen the assist trophy yet some people refuse to accept it...
Ya I feel like half the people don’t even care about Waluigi and just join the bandwagon, and I’m sick of people thinking Waluigi is in WarioWare.

Top Bottom