• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Little Witch of Diamond City - Ashley - The Witch retreats. For now.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Just curious if Ashley gets in would you want any of the other WarioWare characters in Smash?
Oh yeh definitely. Supporting her has made me quite a fan of the series where even if she doesn't make it in I'll still probably buy Gold on Day 1.

I would only really try for characters that have good moveset potential like Kat & Ana, 8 volt and his family, Mona, Crygor would be interesting but I prefer Penny, Young Cricket has potential too.

I could see a possibility for more characters getting in. If Ashley is a newcomer here and if Gold and WW Switch sell well then Warioware might get the Fire Emblem treatment in the next Smash.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Just curious if Ashley gets in would you want any of the other WarioWare characters in Smash?
I still would like to see Mona. The character is fun, I really liked her design from the first game (and I'm glad that it came mostly back in WWGold!) and she can have a quirky moveset based on her jobs.

sayaka11

Smash Rookie
Yeah, but Kat and Ana also weren't shown, so it is probably nothing.
Well, the thing I find most suspicious is the fact that very little WarioWare content has been shown, period. I'd like to think that this means something...like setting up the stage for a playable character reveal. *cough* Ashley *cough*

Last edited:

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
The next best character after Ashley for Smash would probably be Mona since she's the next most popular.

Personally, I'm fine with just Ashley for Ultimate. Any more and it would feel like oversaturation for newcomers. I'd say wait for Smash 6. Ashley is enough to digest for now.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The next best character after Ashley for Smash would probably be Mona since she's the next most popular.

Personally, I'm fine with just Ashley for Ultimate. Any more and it would feel like oversaturation for newcomers. I'd say wait for Smash 6. Ashley is enough to digest for now.
Oh yeah, this. I'd like to see more, but Ashley to begin with would great, no need to saturate the roster.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Hey everyone, I'd like to support the girl next door, who lives in the haunted mansion, um what's her name again? Anyway count me in has a supporter it's about time she becomes a newcomer in Smash.

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
Hey everyone, I'd like to support the little girl who lives in the haunted mansion, um what's her name again? Anyway count me in has a supporter it's about time she becomes a newcomer in Smash.
It's "girl next door", not "little girl", fam. Although I make that mistake a lot too since it fits the rhythm of the song and Ashley pretty smol.

Anyway, welcome aboard and thanks for your support.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, I'd like to support the little girl who lives in the haunted mansion, um what's her name again? Anyway count me in has a supporter it's about time she becomes a newcomer in Smash.
Alright! That's what I like to hear! Welcome to the Ashley thread P. Kat!

P.Kat

Smash Champion
It's "girl next door", not "little girl", fam. Although I make that mistake a lot too since it fits the rhythm of the song and Ashley pretty smol.

Anyway, welcome aboard and thanks for your support.
Thanks yeah for letting me know it's fixed, the song's rhythm can be misleading at times
Alright! That's what I like to hear! Welcome to the Ashley thread P. Kat!

FreshlyBakedCookies

Smash Journeyman
It is possible Sakurai might come up with something original for Ashley but I would like him to stay with the material Ashley already has like the orb or the giant plant.

LancerJayden

Smash Rookie
The most popular idea for her final smash seems to be the giant plant she summons in her ending in smooth moves, which i think could be cool

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So would that be like a cut scene animation? Everyone get's thrashed about by a tentacle monster?!
Well, to make it different from Bayonetta for example, I imagine that the characters trapped are mostly scared. If they are above 100% they would instantly die when Ashley closes the book, (this time like Bayonetta or now Zelda)

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Well, to make it different from Bayonetta for example, I imagine that the characters trapped are mostly scared. If they are above 100% they would instantly die when Ashley closes the book, (this time like Bayonetta or now Zelda)
Actually they could use the book a a new WarioWare stage.

The stage starts off in Ashley's mansion then everyone gets sucked into the book. As the pages turn the scenery and stage change.

Everyone gets spit back out into Ashley's mansion and the cycle repeats.

FarquadMoses

Smash Cadet

The stage starts off in Ashley's mansion then everyone gets sucked into the book. As the pages turn the scenery and stage change.

What do you think the likelihood of getting a new WarioWare stage is?

We know the Brawl stage is back. Hopefully, Gamer returns.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
What do you think the likelihood of getting a new WarioWare stage is?

We know the Brawl stage is back. Hopefully, Gamer returns.
Yeah, I'm Hoping for gamer to return too. I like that stage.

Seeing Ashley as a newcomer the chances of getting a new stage to accommodate the Newcomer is very likely.

WarioWare has plenty of things to pull from for a new stage.

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace

Ayy. I said a similar thing a few pages back. Ashley's library would be neat, but the only problem is that it would probably have walk-offs atleast in the library part, and I kinda hate those in any stage.

I wouldn't mind if it replaced Gamer even though I love that stage. Maybe that's why we haven't seen it yet?

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'd like to see Mona, but someone more likely that I'd like to see also is Kat & Ana either as their own character, or as an Ice Climbers echo.
Any Theories on what her final smash could be?
*Ashley singing* I turned all of my foes into spoons.
Personally, I still want her to trap people in a book with that abomination. She even uses a spell before getting in the book (and going into that candy world instead) so it works well to me.
View attachment 152001
Well geez that's DARK... I like it.

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Damn, Ashley's

Ayy. I said a similar thing a few pages back. Ashley's library would be neat, but the only problem is that it would probably have walk-offs atleast in the library part, and I kinda hate those in any stage.
We don't see much of Ashley's mansion in the games. Sakurai could easily design the entire interior and the fans would pretty much accept it.

They could put the library portion of the stage on a balcony or on top of a giant bookshelf or something or there could be rotten wood with holes in the floorboards.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
What pose should Ashley have on the CSS?
Personally, I would like a pose with her rabbit plush, featuring Red with her. A more dynamic pose with her scepter can work too.

I would prefer something solely in Ashley's mansion, instead of the "Ashley" game of Game & Wario, but it would probably be redundant with Luigi's Mansion.

LancerJayden

Smash Rookie
what do you think her victory theme will be? i know she's part of the "wario" series and might have the same theme but Rosalina,Meta knight, Bowser,BowserJr, Dark Pit, And Ridley all have separate victory themes from there home series so Ashley could get a unique one.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
what do you think her victory theme will be? i know she's part of the "wario" series and might have the same theme but Rosalina,Meta knight, Bowser,BowserJr, Dark Pit, And Ridley all have separate victory themes from there home series so Ashley could get a unique one.
Either a snippet of her theme song or the theme that plays when you clear a stage in her Game & Wario game.

As for a character select pose, remember that the trend with Ultimate is making them look more dynamic or battle-ready, so chances are she'll be brandishing her Red-staff or just holding out a spellcasting hand. She's not exactly one for drama, so don't expect anything too elaborate.

Last edited:

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I would like a pose with her rabbit plush, featuring Red with her. A more dynamic pose with her scepter can work too.

I would prefer something solely in Ashley's mansion, instead of the "Ashley" game of Game & Wario, but it would probably be redundant with Luigi's Mansion.
There might be some interesting things you can do in Ashley's Mansion as a stage. You could have enchanted books and furniture floating around or secret trap doors.

Or they could keep the stage hazards to a minimum and make it an interesting tournament viable stage that way tournament players can listen too Ashley's aong.

SiddShidds

Smash Journeyman
Red's important too! There has to be at least one pose with Red in his demon form with Ashley or I'll riot!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
There might be some interesting things you can do in Ashley's Mansion as a stage. You could have enchanted books and furniture floating around or secret trap doors.

Or they could keep the stage hazards to a minimum and make it an interesting tournament viable stage that way tournament players can listen too Ashley's aong.
Hazardless WarioWare Inc. could do just fine for that purpose if Ashley doesn't get a stage.

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
How would this be for a reveal? I've thought of multiple ideas.

Luigi and Wario are walking through a mansion. Thunder is rumbling, wind is whipping, and Luigi looks terrified as he tiptoes forward. Wario is casually picking his nose and looks very bored as he follows, looking around the hallway. Out of nowhere, a pair of piercing red eyes stares at them from the darkness, and Luigi screams in terror. Wario laughs at him, but the camera zooms out to see that Luigi is clinging on to Wario and trembling. Wario punches him off and the two look forward to see their attacker. The eyes start approaching and a shadow begins to loom over them, getting closer and closer .... until it's just little Red. Red walks over curiously and pokes Luigi in the rear with his pitchfork. Wario laughs at Luigi yelping in pain until he sees both Red and Luigi start trembling. He turns, and a flash of lightning shows a familiar shadow--that shadow jumps down and lighting flashes once more, fully revealing Ashley. The splash screen pops up and Red jumps next to her. "ASHLEY AND RED stir up trouble!"

Gameplay follows. Afterward, we see Luigi and Red holding each other while shaking in fear as the camera zooms in on their scared faces.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've been really confident in Ashley's chances recently, so I decked out my signature in support for her!
Riding this train all the way to the end! Make our dreams come true Sakurai!

Last edited:

Samcrumpit

Smash Ace
What pose should Ashley have on the CSS?
How would this be for a reveal? I've thought of multiple ideas.

Luigi and Wario are walking through a mansion. Thunder is rumbling, wind is whipping, and Luigi looks terrified as he tiptoes forward. Wario is casually picking his nose and looks very bored as he follows, looking around the hallway. Out of nowhere, a pair of piercing red eyes stares at them from the darkness, and Luigi screams in terror. Wario laughs at him, but the camera zooms out to see that Luigi is clinging on to Wario and trembling. Wario punches him off and the two look forward to see their attacker. The eyes start approaching and a shadow begins to loom over them, getting closer and closer .... until it's just little Red. Red walks over curiously and pokes Luigi in the rear with his pitchfork. Wario laughs at Luigi yelping in pain until he sees both Red and Luigi start trembling. He turns, and a flash of lightning shows a familiar shadow--that shadow jumps down and lighting flashes once more, fully revealing Ashley. The splash screen pops up and Red jumps next to her. "ASHLEY AND RED stir up trouble!"

Gameplay follows. Afterward, we see Luigi and Red holding each other while shaking in fear as the camera zooms in on their scared faces.
Would it have voice acting considering that Gold shows that Wario is capable of talking in full sentences? I would love if it did, but I guess this trailer sorta speaks for itself.

I've been really confident in Ashley's chances recently, so I decked out my signature in support for her!
Riding this train all the way to the end! Make our dreams come true Sakurai!
And another one succumbs to the Ashley Avatar curse. Wonder when it'll be my time to time to retire Alm.

Last edited:

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
I think her victory theme would be a small part of her theme song. Specifically "You'd better learn my name, 'cause it's Ashley!"

Bonus points if the announcer says her name in sync with the song.

Top Bottom