• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The little pilot of the Helirin. Kururin for Super Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Just wanted to give the Kururin thread a quick bump. Also, I think maybe Kururin may be playable alongside characters like Jill, Excitebiker, Isaac, Ray MK III and some others who were Assists in Brawl who did not show up at E3. I mean, honestly the Assists look like they're practically finished and the Helirin looks like it was one of the easiest Assists to program into Brawl anyway, so if he wasn't even seen at E3, I have great hope for him.
It is kinda surprising that we haven't seen the Helirin yet although I'm not really holding my breath too much in us seeing Kururin as a playable character anytime soon, would sure be a pleasant surprise though. but then again, there are still quite a few assists that haven't shown up yet. We will probably be seeing more of them revealed during the next Direct which will probably include the Helirin as well...

smashkirby

Smash Hero
It is kinda surprising that we haven't seen the Helirin yet although I'm not really holding my breath too much in us seeing Kururin as a playable character anytime soon, would sure be a pleasant surprise though. but then again, there are still quite a few assists that haven't shown up yet. We will probably be seeing more of them revealed during the next Direct which will probably include the Helirin as well...
Yeah, I get what you mean. But something's bothering me...Remember what Sakurai said quite a while ago? That he likes adding characters who are more unique than simply punching and kicking and have unique gimmicks to themselves. Who's to say Sakurai doesn't think that about Kururin and would have him as playable character (or at least as DLC.)

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah, I get what you mean. But something's bothering me...Remember what Sakurai said quite a while ago? That he likes adding characters who are more unique than simply punching and kicking and have unique gimmicks to themselves.
I suppose he did say something along the lines of wanting to see more characters with abilities that makes them stand out from the rest of the cast. Although I'm not sure if he takes that statement fully to heart.

There where quite a few characters with interesting unique abilities who have been brushed aside after all although I guess that might just be a matter of taste..... :/

jigglover

Smash Lord
Unfortunately I can see Helirin becoming a playable character, and Kururin to feature in some of its moves lol. I actually knew who Helirin was before Brawl, but I had no idea who Kururin was before this thread. Helirin is actually better-known somehow lol.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
wait
WAIT
WAIT

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME KUKURIN IS A GUY??

I COMPLETED this game, rescued ALL the brothers and sisters and...and... I thought...she's not... he's a...

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Don't worry, I thought Rami from Keio Flying Squadron was a guy too (hint: she isn't).

I'm bit afrad Helirin might be perhaps gone, because as an Assist, it's... pointless. I mean yeah, a spinning stick that acts as a wall or a platform at the same time. But really, it's nothing too special.

I'm still wanting to see Kururin ala lance-style fighting with his Helirin-inspired stick.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Don't worry, I thought Rami from Keio Flying Squadron was a guy too (hint: she isn't).

I'm bit afrad Helirin might be perhaps gone, because as an Assist, it's... pointless. I mean yeah, a spinning stick that acts as a wall or a platform at the same time. But really, it's nothing too special.

I'm still wanting to see Kururin ala lance-style fighting with his Helirin-inspired stick.
Perhaps the Assist would have been more useful if you could actually control it.... Definitely wouldn't want it to disappear from the game without at least something else like a stage to replace it though. Definitely wouldn't want to see this series become even more faceless than it already is at this point.... :T

Koopaul

Smash Champion
This guy didn't show up either? Well how many form Assists are left?

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
I fully support Krillin, Gokus former rival and good friend. He could use moves like destructor disc and kamehameha. His alternate costumes could be have his as a kid, bald, Roshis sunglasses, married with hair, and old man. He could also use solar flare. His final smash could have him use the dragon balls to wish for all his opponents dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom