• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - NO SPOILERS, USE THE SPOILER THREAD PLEASE

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
So after finishing the only thing I can say is... wow.

Amazing, really was something special, the only gripe I had with it was that it ended.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I'm only just reaching the desert.

Holy hell that's a lot of black bars.

And I can't help but want to read.

:(

Looks like as much as i want to view this thread, I'll have to hold back on it. I've already been spoiled enough END GAME SPOILERS thanks to 4chan.

Oh well.
Well, now the spoiler talk is going in the spoiler thread. This thread will be used for more general discussion with no spoilers.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh, I didn't even notice there was a spoiler thread.

i tend only to view threads I'm subscribed to on the subscription list.

Well, I suppose that's all good.

Thanks.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's okay Zio, a long way to go and it only gets better and better.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
So after finishing the only thing I can say is... wow.

Amazing, really was something special, the only gripe I had with it was that it ended.
4 days later I still have the most empty feeling

and it gets worse every time I hear Zelda sing

Goood, so goooooooood

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Friend of mine was complaining he was dying to loads of BS combined with rarity of hearts. Something to do with
getting knocked into sand pits by dumb enemies, getting tossed out of the sand pits, and then getting knocked back in by said enemy; dumb enemies with electric weapons; and some other stuff.

Spire

III
BRoomer
It's also akin with the Temple of the Ocean King/Tower of Spirits from PH/ST. Seeing as how the team that developed those games went on to make the bulk of SS, it was a natural progression. The Guardians are very reminiscent of Phantoms. My thoughts now cross into the theoretical zone, so I must hop to the other thread!

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
So is anyone else dying in this game, or am I just a waggle noob?
You're just in autopilot mode because of previous 3D Zeldas having combat as more of a non threatening afterthought.

As soon as you stop being overly aggressive and focus on the combat, you'll be fine.

You still might die every now and again though.

Also agreed the trials kept me in constant fffff scared mode, took me 2 goes on the first 3, but the final one I managed to finish first time round, by a hair! Was exciting. XD

Spire

III
BRoomer
I like how they took the worst parts of TP and PH for the trials, combined them, and somehow made something that is not terrible.
Because of sprinting. That mechanic saved the series. Had they not implemented it in Skyward Sword, the game would be a lot less enjoyable.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Oh yeah, Link's improved mobility is a huge part of what makes this game such a success. The sprinting, the wall jump, the leaping across vines or up ladders. Link no longer feels like a prisoner of archaic movement schemes- and please don't bring up some snarky stuff about the motion controls because that's not what I'm talking about.

Though, still, I wouldn't mind a jump button sometimes, lol.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, Link's improved mobility is a huge part of what makes this game such a success. The sprinting, the wall jump, the leaping across vines or up ladders. Link no longer feels like a prisoner of archaic movement schemes- and please don't bring up some snarky stuff about the motion controls because that's not what I'm talking about.

Though, still, I wouldn't mind a jump button sometimes, lol.
I think this is a great addition to the series. And you do have a forward jump but I'm not exactly sure what purpose it serves

kupo15

Smash Hero
Agreed. The only time I used it was in the
Mining facility
temple because the jumping mechanic was a little faulty on those
wind powered
platform things. I think its for the jump slash only though I don't see a point in making it a two step process. I hardly use that move in this game compared to the previous ones.

*Shrugs

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Its bad cuz enemies always approach you or stand still, you have to jump sideways or away but never towards them. Its there for the sake of completion and the aerial strike.

Seriously give me some more interactive enemies. If i run away, make them instantly use a projectile. Or teleport to me. The slow walking thing is outdated. Not enough pressure.

:phone:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Although I wish the enemies were more aggressive, I am impressed with the little things they did to the AI. The way Bokoblins freak and run at the sight of a bomb, or how a DekuBaba will eat one up right away. Or the way those big guys with the shields get frustrated with their shield if you cut it up to much, then they throw it to the side and charge you.

Also, I use the jumpslash as an opening attack. Try to bumrush them from behind and jumpslash.

IMO the most annoying enemy is actually the yellow chuchus.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

I think this is a great addition to the series. And you do have a forward jump but I'm not exactly sure what purpose it serves
Oh yeah, that little hop forward when you Z target? No clue. it looks pretty silly too.
It's the Jump Attack's initiation. Do a downward slash when you leave the ground.

Yes, I experiment with long things a lot.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I liked the Stalfos that tripped on its head when it died LOL.

Also I like to whip Bokoblins purely for entertainment.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
So is anyone else dying in this game, or am I just a waggle noob?
I died about 5 times. First time was in
the mine.
****ing electricity.
Electric chu-chus
always hit me twice because the stun between shocks was less than the actual shock attack.

AcesWild

Smash Apprentice
Techoblins annoy the crap out of me, I usually end up hitting them wrong, get shocked, go in for another swing and have them lift their sword at the right moment and shock me again.

kupo15

Smash Hero
The most annoying so far I think was being in a room with two Beamos that are within range of each other. You are guaranteed to get zapped by both multiple times lol

etecoon

Smash Hero
I never died, only game over was from the imprisoned second fight, stupid protection missions :/

Spire

III
BRoomer
I only died during the 8th fight in Lanayru's challenge. I was up against Koloktos. He would not stop throwing his ****ing axe blades.

Oh wait, and then during the final boss fight because _________.

etecoon

Smash Hero
there are a few boss fights where you can actually gain hearts out of, so I just picked the hardest fight first...I only did it once but I also think it goes in sets, as in if you pick something from the middle it'll do the other middle fights before going on to the next set, so picking middle or later first gives you a good chance at getting those easy fights later on

Spire

III
BRoomer
I think it's totally random actually. It's always good to play a hard boss first though.

Top Bottom