• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I think it is fine for FE to have 5 reps. They could maybe make the announcer say "Roy Koopa". Roy has a lot potential to be unique so he wouldn't share the same moves as Marth & Lucina.

EDIT: I don't think Marth's violet costume means anything. If that disconfirmed Roy, then why is Wario in the roster?

"- Commonly regarded by others as a character in both Smash Bros and Fire Emblem as one that leaves very little impact on the players."

....Eh, you kinda got me there.
What I mean is, is that Roy is commonly regarded as a weak character in both Fire Emblem and in Smash Bros. That doesn't mean much in the long run, however.

Another Edit: When people think of Marth's sixth (blue) costume as another Roy, that's incorrect too. SmashWiki sums it up as being based on Marth's appearance in Shin Monsho no Nazo, where he had a much darker shade of blue on his armour.

Last edited:

Marthmario

Smash Lord
What I mean is, is that Roy is commonly regarded as a weak character in both Fire Emblem and in Smash Bros. That doesn't mean much in the long run, however.

Another Edit: When people think of Marth's sixth (blue) costume as another Roy, that's incorrect too. SmashWiki sums it up as being based on Marth's appearance in Shin Monsho no Nazo, where he had a much darker shade of blue on his armour.
I think he was talking about Marth's eighth, which is based on Roy.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I think he was talking about Marth's eighth, which is based on Roy.
That one too, though I have seen people think the sixth Marth alt colour is also in reference to Roy. Sorry about not clarifying that.

And still no word of Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem. Sometimes, there has to be something to keep the hype going, otherwise it'll become vapourware. :(

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Just as I thought, it's probably still too early for SMT x FE.

Nintendo has confirmed SMT x FE multiple times before, especially in their financial reports. Here's the latest one, though it seems like the game's release date is TBD for now: http://nintendoeverything.com/latest-nintendo-release-schedule-million-sellers-list/ (guess I should add it to the OP).

I'm only going to start to worry when something official has been said. I'm anxious as heck for some new info though haha

I thought the direct was good overall, though kinda anticlimactic (only a few games interest me anyway). Of course, showing SMT x FE at the end would have made things 100x more awesome. ;)

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So on the topic of his voice, should they:
a: Bring back Jun Fukuyama-san to record some new voice clips for Roy
b: Reuse the same voice clips they had back in Melee (Hey, it works with Marth!)
c: Bring in a new Japanese voice actor for Roy
d: Give him an English voice actor (and who would be the best 'voice' for English Roy?)

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Nice to see how active this thread is. Keep hope alive Roy!

EDIT: Already posted a few pages back. Ah well, still worth seeing again!

Last edited:

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
b: Reuse the same voice clips they had back in Melee (Hey, it works with Marth!)
d: Give him an English voice actor (and who would be the best 'voice' for English Roy?)
I think they should reuse the Melee clips.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I'd like for Jun Fukuyama to return/reuse his clips from Melee, alongside some possibly unused lines. I can't just hear Roy's voice being different in japanese.

If we were to give him an English voice (and hopefully an English DLC voice for Marth too, up to including a dual-pack voice) I'd like to hear Yuri Lowenthal or Bryce Papenbrook as either voice for him. Not Johnny Yong Bosch, I seriously don't think his voice would fit Roy.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I find it odd how Roy doesn't appear on the 3DS version as even a trophy when every other cut character save Young Link (not that much of a loss) and Snake (for completely understandable reasons) has one. I don't know if this means Roy is getting special Wii U treatment in some way, but it's entirely possible.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
I would go with a mix of A and B or just A. Reuse some clips, but maybe record a few new ones for certain things, like whatever new taunts he gets and some new grunting noises.

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
I find it odd how Roy doesn't appear on the 3DS version as even a trophy when every other cut character save Young Link (not that much of a loss) and Snake (for completely understandable reasons) has one. I don't know if this means Roy is getting special Wii U treatment in some way, but it's entirely possible.
Young Link has a trophy in it.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Does Young Link really have a trophy? Any pics/vids?

Still, it is strange to see Roy completely absent. It would make more sense seeing a trophy of him/whatever on the 3DS version, than on the Wii U. Well, I guess Roy has appeared on a console before, that being Melee, but still, Roy's missing in action just like Isaac (3DS should have gotten Golden Sun content, makes more sense than Wii U, but whatevs). @N3ON why are our boys MIA? :( OTL

Also, WHY AREN'T THESE SONGS IN SMASH ALREADY!?

^ is this like the best final boss theme for a GBA game or what?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

Still, it is strange to see Roy completely absent. It would make more sense seeing a trophy of him/whatever on the 3DS version, than on the Wii U. Well, I guess Roy has appeared on a console before, that being Melee, but still, Roy's missing in action just like Isaac (3DS should have gotten Golden Sun content, makes more sense than Wii U, but whatevs). @N3ON why are our boys MIA? :( OTL
Either they are planning him as DLC and if they showed us his model too soon they'd spoil the surprise or they completely ignored our Boy. Not to mention, Winning Road - Roy's Hope isn't in the game either... :(

Jaden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jadenthemerle
3DS FC
2664-2123-0479
I support Roy. He's the only Fire Emblem character that I've really enjoyed playing as so far.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674

Also, WHY AREN'T THESE SONGS IN SMASH ALREADY!?

^ is this like the best final boss theme for a GBA game or what?
Young Link is referenced in Toon Link's trophy description.

Roy has been completely absent since Melee, he didn't have a trophy in Brawl either. Only a sticker. I think it's because of what Sakurai said how difficult it is to port data from Melee because of the game's age, he'd have to recreate Roy's model from scratch. This is both good and bad.

Bad because it might seem to them it's not worth the effort to recreate Roy from scratch.

Good because if Roy actually does return, he'll have an awesome redesign! (Awakening design pls)

Just seeing this gives him so much more potential than just being a Marth clone.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026

Roy has been completely absent since Melee, he didn't have a trophy in Brawl either. Only a sticker. I think it's because of what Sakurai said how difficult it is to port data from Melee because of the game's age, he'd have to recreate Roy's model from scratch. This is both good and bad.

Bad because it might seem to them it's not worth the effort to recreate Roy from scratch.

Good because if Roy actually does return, he'll have an awesome redesign! (Awakening design pls)

Just seeing this gives him so much more potential than just being a Marth clone.

A cool moveset idea is to give him a shoulder bash move with the shield.

Ecchin

ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏʟɴᴜᴛᴛ
NNID
Generic_Panic
9We have a chance to play with Roy: if Sakurai has tried to put in Brawl but he didn't for his release, and now there is a DLC system in Sm4sh..

ROY ROY ROY!

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
@ Ecchin Ecchin so can I add you to the Roy supporter list? :3

Huh, I didn't know Toon Link's trophy references Young Link. I'll be sure to check that out.

And yeah, Roy's Awakening design is generally well received, so it would be nice to see it in some form (there are people that prefer Roy to have a different design, and that's fine. Alt costume would be pretty awesome in that case).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I wouldn't mind both Mewtwo and Roy returning to represent Melee since they were the most beloved of the Melee cuts. As for Young Link and Pichu, they wouldn't be missed the slightest and they had a lot of hate back then. Part of me really hopes that the developers are looking into the idea of making Roy a new model from scratch (or even using Marth's as a base) for DLC.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I wouldn't mind both Mewtwo and Roy returning to represent Melee since they were the most beloved of the Melee cuts. As for Young Link and Pichu, they wouldn't be missed the slightest and they had a lot of hate back then. Part of me really hopes that the developers are looking into the idea of making Roy a new model from scratch (or even using Marth's as a base) for DLC.
Exactly. Roy, Mewtwo and Dr. Mario represent some of the most well received clones in Melee, with Mewtwo loved most of all, despite being a clone of *Shot by NES Zapper* ...Mew...*collapses*

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Is it too much to ask for Lucina to get a decloned moveset alongside Roy coming back as a non clone? Fire Emblem deserves more than clones.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Is it too much to ask for Lucina to get a decloned moveset alongside Roy coming back as a non clone? Fire Emblem deserves more than clones.
I would love it if we got some Fire Emblem 7 reps, maybe get a Eliwood costume for our boy Roy?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Any thoughts on establishing some sort of social media movement like the King K. Rool thread? I doubt we'll reach the strength of the Kremling Kampaign, but would a 'Bring our Boy Back' style campaign work in our favour?

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44

fixed

But seriously if Roy is DLC this nickname has to match up with Roy Koopas's.
any ideas?
-The brave one
-The other one
-The Cooler one
could be nice.

ItsRy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Elibe-Guardian
3DS FC
3239-2802-5492
Any thoughts on establishing some sort of social media movement like the King K. Rool thread? I doubt we'll reach the strength of the Kremling Kampaign, but would a 'Bring our Boy Back' style campaign work in our favour?
I've seen this around before: http: //www. royforsmash4. com/

Don't know who made it. Remove the spaces, cant post links.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
As a kid, I always identified Marth as a "Japanese dude" and Roy as a "cooler Japanese dude".
As a kid, I always thought Marth was Spanish and that Mr. Game & Watch was a spy of some sort. Perhaps for our Boy Roy, "The Blazing Lion"?

Don't know who made it. Remove the spaces, can't post links.
Neat find! I wonder who the author is... If they're affiliated with this site, maybe the only criticism is some sort of fiery background of sorts. Regardless, we'll keep supporting our Boy until the final flame dies! :roypm:

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
So you peeps really want to start a movement? Is that what you want to do?

Well, Roy ain't no K. Rool, and I'd suspect he has more popularity in Japan... We're gonna need all the support we could get. Honestly, I doubt things will even change much in the end...

But you know what? It doesn't hurt to try. You're already viewing this thread on a computer with wifi, or some other device, so what's so bad about spending 5 min to reach out to social media to show support for Roy? Although it may be a bit later in the game, Roy could potentially be an easier fighter to implant anyway.

Hrm... I'll create a twitter support group, that's a start. If you want, I could update the OP with important info on some contacts and whatnot (probably later since I'm about to hit the hay).

Don't know who made it. Remove the spaces, cant post links.
You're almost there, buddy! Only 3 more posts to go! :]

But I have talked to the owner of the website before, and the site's pretty awesome. All I think it needs is an expanded explanation on how people could help and important contacts. So maybe when I have time, I'll try to get a hold of the guy. If not, then we'll have to create our own blog/website, although I think it would seem more efficient if there's like one major one.

Even if nothing changes, it sounds like a fun idea anyway, especially if a lot of you peeps are interested. I'll try to come up with other ideas in the meantime. Ha, maybe we could get IS to localize FE6/remake it while we're at it.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
On the titles subject, Roy is known as the "Young Lion" in the Awakening DLC featuring him. So I guess they'd go with "The Young Lion", if he were to appear.

Just like Seliph is known as the Scion of Light, Leif as the Sage-Lord, Micaiah as the Priestess of Dawn, Eirika and Ephraim are known as the Restoration Queen/King, and so on.

ItsRy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Elibe-Guardian
3DS FC
3239-2802-5492
As a kid, I always thought Marth was Spanish and that Mr. Game & Watch was a spy of some sort. Perhaps for our Boy Roy, "The Blazing Lion"?

Neat find! I wonder who the author is... If they're affiliated with this site, maybe the only criticism is some sort of fiery background of sorts. Regardless, we'll keep supporting our Boy until the final flame dies! :roypm:
Pfft, the flame will never die, cuz Roy is gonna make it. :roypm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom