• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

Luminario

Smash Lord
Ya know, what if each Koopaling got their own airship appearing, but their head on them like in NSMBU? That'd be awesome.

Anyway:

For you Wendy-fans out there. Looking at you @RayaGRH and @Topplox in particular!
FINALLY! THANK YOU! I can now have a signature~ Look at my girls down over there. They all look gorgeous especially Wendy you did a bang up job Horsey.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
FINALLY! THANK YOU! I can now have a signature~ Look at my girls down over there. They all look gorgeous especially Wendy you did a bang up job Horsey.
Ya weren't kidding, it looks gorgeous. (aside from Jiggs, but we gotta wait for her still)

The girl line-up looks fantastic for this game.

(Just wish Dixie was there still...)

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
Ya weren't kidding, it looks gorgeous. (aside from Jiggs, but we gotta wait for her still)

The girl line-up looks fantastic for this game.
(Just wish Dixie was there still...)
A 3(4 if Jiggs is a girl) girl roster bumping to 10 is quite the improvement. And people have the audacity to whine about it being 'Super Smash Sisters...'

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
A 3(4 if Jiggs is a girl) girl roster bumping to 10 is quite the improvement. And people have the audacity to whine about it being 'Super Smash Sisters...'
Jigglypuff is only considered (by fans) to be female because of its hats.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
So there anyone else who wants to be added before he is confirmed:
1. Mario_and_Sonic_Guy
2. BluePikmin11
3. Brawler610
4. Mr. KoopaTurtle
5. Arcadenik
6. smashkirby
7. Ryan.
8. Seltraeh22
9. Cheezey Bites
10. Toxicroaker
11. Thereallucario
12. Prince17
13. egaddmario
14. dimensionsword64
15. BKupa666
16. Hyper_Ridley
17. AIM0001
18. R.O.B.
19. Venus of the Desert Bloom
20. bombers14
21. @HBC | J
22. Frostwraith
23. ItsSilverLPs
24. Jhonnykiller45
25. D-didara
26. jigglover
27. Rockaphin
28. Keybladeguy
29. VictoryIsMudkips
30. BirthNote
31. Yoshi
32. SmashShadow
33. Ember Reaper
34. Giant Breadbug
35. MagnesD3
36. Swampasaur
37. Cool Daddy Booty Funk
38. 3Bismyname
39. goldglover5
40. bananija
41. FalKoopa
42. Ridles the Space Pirate
43. Vintage Creep
44. Komenja
45. Banjodorf
46. TumblrFamous
47. Michael Blaine
48. SpaceJell0
49. thethirdkoopa
50. aldelero5
51. APC99
52. SuperBrawler
53. Welshy91
54. Guybrush20X6
55. Alban712
56. grizby2
57. EddyBearr
58. No Control
59. Shorts
60. Xcsmmc
61. OctiVick
62. andimidna
63. Cpt.
64. harpuia190
65. RyanR
66. Thekewlusername
67. Lazurwolf
68. domriver
69. The smash nerd
70. Daviddreamcatcha
71. The Drilling Juggernaut
72. mini pancakes
73. GunGunw
74. PlasmaPuffball
75. xLemmy_Koopax
76. Saltwater Gem
77. Lucimar
78. Dragoncharystary
79. Sebz
80. jacobjeb
81. Arthreeteseven
82. WeirdChillFever
83. TORNADO BUS DRIVER
84. SS-Bros. 14
85. Reila
86. tacofaaf
87. Hmmmm
88. Dre.
89. RaccoonBL
90. AnoA
91. PiChuChu
92. Gooper Blooper
93. johno1995
94. Pikablu Pikachu
95. Zhu Qiuo
96. smashingDoug
97. SmilingMad
98. tomvoxx
99. Elite Gaymer
100. The Flying Brick
101. 08skidoosh80
102. Afrodude
103. MooseSmuggler
104. Ryugi
105. LunarDistortion
106. Jave
107. Bradley Wartooth
108. johno1995
109. splat
110. Lizardon
111. KankerSore
112. Fire Tactician
113. Kokopops
114. BanjoK&Mariobros
115. Spinosaurus
116. Zzuxon
117. T-Hell
118. Dragoncharystary
119. shrooby
120. Koji Boon
121. GlitchyFireEmblem
122. jaeohjae
123. SpikedShell
124. obeymalleo
125. TTTTTsd
126. Young Horsetail
127. DrRiceboy
128. Rosalina
129. CrusherMania1592
130. UberMadman
131. kylexv
132. Nintendotard
133. TeamLaFlare
134. Luminario
135. The King of Skulls

Only 5 days left to be added.

Added to what? A koopaling club? Count me in if so!

(oh and I too am #TEAMLUDWIG
. These look awesome YoungHorsetail)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Just a notice, I still think we should move to the Koopaling-thread for further discussion about Koopalings. I still want to take in accoun the feelings of Bowser Jr's fans not liking their thread flooded with things related to Koopalings rather than him.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
It REALLY pisses me off when people say "Smash has too many girls" when they're a fourth of the roster. In fact if you disregard the characters who can gender swap (including Jr with Wendy) and gender neutral then women make up 9 out of 43 (I included Jiggly due to her 75% female rate in the Pokemon games and female hats) and overall make up 13 out of 48 (or 55 if you count all the Koopalings + Alph) unless my maths is off.
They still got a long way to go but at least we got somewhere instead of having 1 female newcomer in Brawl who technically wasn't a newcomer she was simply a form change of Samus. They had so many chances to add new girls as alts (Roll, Brittany, Ms Pacman is one I'm especially annoyed about) but they blew it. All i can hope for is at least one more female newcomer or the possibility of unlocking alt costumes. I won't hold my breath because IT'S A MANS WORLD (jk kinda) but I still have a flickering light of hope for something.

But back on to topic how bout that Jr Final Smash huh? I like Horsey's idea bout each Koopaling getting their own personal airship but all doing the same thing by bombarding the stage at random points with cannonballs (think something like the Pirate Ship bomb lookouts but harder, better, faster, stronger)

TeamLaFlare

Smash Cadet
I really do like the Airship idea as an automatic Final Smash like PK Starstorm that just rains havoc down onto the stage.

My only real other thought for a viable FS is to do one like Yoshi or Diddy where you have control of a flying/projectile-shooting object (in Yoshi's case the wings and firebals and in Diddy's case the barrel jetpack and peanut gun).

So for Bowser Jr. (and fitting for any alts.) is something like this from his battle in SMBU:

What if, like in that battle, the Clown Car became floaty and you could hover and control where you flew around the stage and depending on what button you hit you could perform different actions. B-button would release Bob-ombs and mashing the A-button would do the heavy, ground-pounding Boxing Gloves. Both would cause heavy damage and severe knockback.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I could see the final smash being the air ship, but instead of just bombs and all that, enemies drop out and attack.

A better version of Dedede's and Pit's final smashes if you will. Though probably too much for the 3DS to handle?

I'm willing to bet it's gonna be a transforming final smash. Clown car transforms into a bigger mech (one of the Galaxy 2 mechs?) and just start wrecking. Dunno.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wow, this Alph thing is interesting. I said earlier on here that I would be against different characters being alts and only gender swaps/colors/costumes being possible unless they changed their characters name, and Alph just opened up that can of worms. I never thought Sakurai would do that to be honest, but it's really cool. It opens up possibilities for the Koopalings for sure, and they could actually have done that with other characters if they wanted to (Peach -- Daisy, Yoshi -- Birdo, Diddy -- Dixie, etc.) I'm more okay with the Koopalings now, and with Little Mac getting 16 alts, that means Bowser Jr. can be getting some palette swaps as well.
Thanks for giving me the feels again. He shouldn't have done it in the first place if Junior and Olimar had the special alt treatment. Damn you, Sakurai! ;_;

Oh well; at least playing as Roy, Junior, and Ludwig should make up for it.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Good to see people are back to there cheery selves. <3

Anyway, for final smash, the paintbrush, (or the koopalings' wands in their case), makes enough sense. Especially Bowser Jr who, in the spin off games, actualy used it as a "final smash" often.

Last edited:

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
It REALLY pisses me off when people say "Smash has too many girls" when they're a fourth of the roster. In fact if you disregard the characters who can gender swap (including Jr with Wendy) and gender neutral then women make up 9 out of 43 (I included Jiggly due to her 75% female rate in the Pokemon games and female hats) and overall make up 13 out of 48 (or 55 if you count all the Koopalings + Alph) unless my maths is off.
They still got a long way to go but at least we got somewhere instead of having 1 female newcomer in Brawl who technically wasn't a newcomer she was simply a form change of Samus. They had so many chances to add new girls as alts (Roll, Brittany, Ms Pacman is one I'm especially annoyed about) but they blew it. All i can hope for is at least one more female newcomer or the possibility of unlocking alt costumes. I won't hold my breath because IT'S A MANS WORLD (jk kinda) but I still have a flickering light of hope for something.

But back on to topic how bout that Jr Final Smash huh? I like Horsey's idea bout each Koopaling getting their own personal airship but all doing the same thing by bombarding the stage at random points with cannonballs (think something like the Pirate Ship bomb lookouts but harder, better, faster, stronger)
Me personally, I think as a fighting game with a bunch of random crap happening, it's perfectly reasonable of a girl wearing a pink dress to beat the crap out of the Lord of Evil with a paper fan when half way across the floating blue and red platform in the oblivion of Soul-Calibur-color-land, there's a monkey mercilessly pelting a an Italian plumber with bananas until he dies. While the only alt I'm particularly salty about is Dry Bowser and Galacta Knight[why....], at the very least transferring my MK8 main to Smash will be a fairy tale dream!

Oh, Final Smash should be individual koopaling gunships firing all sorts of nonsense out the ports.

Prince17

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Phaz#755
NNID
Legendlar
3DS FC
3840-7049-1098
Bowser Jr. being in a Clown Car blows all 3 of my FS ideas out of the water. :crying: First idea was he summons a Polluted Piranha Plant, second is Shadow Mario which just wouldn't work with the Koopalings being alts an all and the third was the Clown Car... yeah.. I don't care what it is at this point, apparently he already throws mechakoopas so it couldn't be that either..

Last edited:

TeamLaFlare

Smash Cadet
Question for everyone: if/when it is revealed that Bowser Jr. is allotted more costumes/colors like Little Mac has (16), what would your top color swaps for the Koopa Prince be???

Also, would you like to see just his body/hair/accessories change color or the actual Clown Car or both?

The King of Skulls

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4398-9294-7284
If the Koopaling alts are phony, then the crusty layer if salt on my skin will be so great, every wound in a half mile would radiate pain.

Question for everyone: if/when it is revealed that Bowser Jr. is allotted more costumes/colors like Little Mac has (16), what would your top color swaps for the Koopa Prince be???

Also, would you like to see just his body/hair/accessories change color or the actual Clown Car or both?
I'd like Lil B to have a black palette swap like his pa, with matching black Kart.

TeamLaFlare

Smash Cadet
I could see them creating similar color swaps to Bowser so that Jr. and him match...like father like son, right? :bowser2:

It is a damn shame that there doesn't seem to be a Dry Bowser alt. because then we might have been blessed with a Dry Jr. alt. and then I could have died a happy man.

Last edited:

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
If he got his own reveal trailer, do you think it focus just on Bowser Jr., or would the splash title be like "The Koopalings join!"

TeamLaFlare

Smash Cadet
If he got his own reveal trailer, do you think it focus just on Bowser Jr., or would the splash title be like "The Koopalings join!"
As someone who is looking forward to using the Koopalings alt. costumes, I say it would be pretty ridiculous to NOT have it actually be Bowser Jr. as the main name and be the center of attention.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It could be a continuation of Megaman's trailer, where the rocky figure of Bowser Jr. turn into him on the clown car, and Mario in the trailer after he's blown off by Megaman's U-Smash (that was in the end of his trailer) takes off his plumber outfit into a doctor suit confirming Dr. Mario. :p

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
It's going to be so awkward if Jr. has his regular voice, since Bowser is still stuck with those boring roars.

"Dad? Are you okay?"
"RAWR"
"D-dad? I asked if you're okay.."
"RAWR"
"Do you have a cold or something dad?"

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
So, what's everyone hoping Jr.'s Final Smash will be? Personally, I've always hoped to see him with a Mecha Bowser one.
I remember hearing it's the Koopalings and him bombarding the stage with Bob-Ombs. If you're being one of the Koopalings, Jr. takes their spot. Where I heard that, I can't remember.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
At first I didn't want Bowser Jr. in Brawl, not because of negativity towards him as a character, but out of fear that if he was included in Brawl, he would either have his moveset cloned out of Bowser (robbing him of his uniqueness) or actually having a personalized moveset but focused entirely on the paintbrush (Sunshine wasn't the only game Bowser Jr. was in, ya know.) That fear also carried over when it was time to look towards Smash 4.

Now that I know that this isn't the case (not just having a moveset balanced around all of his appearances instead of just Sunshine, but he's also our first mounted character!), I'm so relieved to see him in. I'm ready to be signed, @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 !

Last edited:

SmashWarrior202

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smashmatt202
3DS FC
1633-4497-7356
I wanted Bowser Jr., a lot, after Rosalina was confirmed. I didn't really think that much about Mario newcomers after the initial announcement, other then Toad maybe, but when Rosalina was confirmed, I felt like Bowser Jr. had to be in there. Not because he was more deserving of Rosalina, but basically because, much like what I said about Dixie Kong and King K. Rool, having Bowser Jr. there would help balance out the roster nicely. And no, I'm not bothered by how many Mario characters there would be because of that. Of course there are a lot of Mario characters, Mario is Nintendo's biggest franchise, of course he'd get a lot of representation!

What's funny, though, was that I always though of Bowser Jr. as kind of a bulky ninja-type character, who uses the paintbrush while he fighters... I may have thought that he'd use the Koopa Clown Car, perhaps as his final smash, but never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that, if he would be playable, he'd ride in the Junior Clown Car THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE FIGHT! Part of me feels like that's a cheat, since the car clearly hovers in the air, and thus it shouldn't be susceptible to gravity like other characters, and I do wish there was more of an emphasis on the paintbrush, but this is still a very unique choice and I love it!

And I ESPECIALLY love that the Koopalings are alternate costumes (supposedly).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I just want to see moat of that Bowser Junior action and at least some of the Koopalings. Unless he's one of those characters that need to be unlocked through harder means.

BLTspirit

Smash Rookie
NNID
BLTspirit
Assuming Bowser Jr. Has the Koopalings alts, which one will you use?? I went Ludwig in MK8...

Who is your pick and why?

Top Bottom