• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Pretty sure this guy was fairly disliked before the clown car was brought up. Regardless, not going to say any more than that in your thread.

One of the things that annoys me is that if the Koopaling alts are true, what's going to happen to Morton, Roy, and Iggy? Iggy is way too tall, and Morton and Roy are giants. Morton would practically be the size of Bowser in Smash Bros.

They have to fit in that tiny clown car and not present any differences to gameplay? That's kind of dumb. They could be sized down, but that's even more dumb for such an arbitrary reason as this.

It only really works for Ludwig, Lemmy, Wendy, and Larry.
It's likely that the hurt boxes for the character (for the most part) will just be the clown car so it wouldn't really matter too much. Plus they can be downsized and it wouldn't make much of a difference since only their uppermost body is sticking out. It could also just be recolors made to look like the other koopalings.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
It's likely that the hurt boxes for the character (for the most part) will just be the clown car so it wouldn't really matter too much. Plus they can be downsized and it wouldn't make much of a difference since only their uppermost body is sticking out. It could also just be recolors made to look like the other koopalings.
That SSSSSOOOOOOO better NOT be the case......I mean the recolors thing, of course.

Luminario

Smash Lord
That SSSSSOOOOOOO better NOT be the case......I mean the recolors thing, of course.
Indeed. That might work for other characters like Daisy Peach and Claus Lucas but I've grown so accustomed to the idea of kickin ass as Wendy I'd be slightly disappointed if it was just a pink Bowser Jr (wouldn't stop me playing as him though)

It really wouldn't be that bad to scale the bigger ones down. Christ if so many people here have used the "size doesn't matter in Smash" excuse for Ridley then it can be used for the bigger Koopalings. Would any of us really care if they were scaled down a bit?

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Indeed. That might work for other characters like Daisy Peach and Claus Lucas but I've grown so accustomed to the idea of kickin *** as Wendy I'd be slightly disappointed if it was just a pink Bowser Jr (wouldn't stop me playing as him though)

It really wouldn't be that bad to scale the bigger ones down. Christ if so many people here have used the "size doesn't matter in Smash" excuse for Ridley then it can be used for the bigger Koopalings. Would any of us really care if they were scaled down a bit?
I would not care in the slightest. Bowser is little af anyway. We cant have them being actual sized while Bowser is little. That would look weird too.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
So who wanted to be added?

1. Mario_and_Sonic_Guy
2. BluePikmin11
3. Brawler610
4. Mr. KoopaTurtle
5. Arcadenik
6. smashkirby
7. Ryan.
8. Seltraeh22
9. Cheezey Bites
10. Toxicroaker
11. Thereallucario
12. Prince17
13. egaddmario
14. dimensionsword64
15. BKupa666
16. Hyper_Ridley
17. AIM0001
18. R.O.B.
19. Venus of the Desert Bloom
20. bombers14
21. @HBC | J
22. Frostwraith
23. ItsSilverLPs
24. Jhonnykiller45
25. D-didara
26. jigglover
27. Rockaphin
28. Keybladeguy
29. VictoryIsMudkips
30. BirthNote
31. Yoshi
32. SmashShadow
33. Ember Reaper
34. Giant Breadbug
35. MagnesD3
36. Swampasaur
37. Cool Daddy Booty Funk
38. 3Bismyname
39. goldglover5
40. bananija
41. FalKoopa
42. Ridles the Space Pirate
43. Vintage Creep
44. Komenja
45. Banjodorf
46. TumblrFamous
47. Michael Blaine
48. SpaceJell0
49. thethirdkoopa
50. aldelero5
51. APC99
52. SuperBrawler
53. Welshy91
54. Guybrush20X6
55. Alban712
56. grizby2
57. EddyBearr
58. No Control
59. Shorts
60. Xcsmmc
61. OctiVick
62. andimidna
63. Cpt.
64. harpuia190
65. RyanR
66. Thekewlusername
67. Lazurwolf
68. domriver
69. The smash nerd
70. Daviddreamcatcha
71. The Drilling Juggernaut
72. mini pancakes
73. GunGunw
74. PlasmaPuffball
75. xLemmy_Koopax
76. Saltwater Gem
77. Lucimar
78. Dragoncharystary
79. Sebz
80. jacobjeb
81. Arthreeteseven
82. WeirdChillFever
83. TORNADO BUS DRIVER
84. SS-Bros. 14
85. Reila
86. tacofaaf
87. Hmmmm
88. Dre.
89. RaccoonBL
90. AnoA
91. PiChuChu
92. Gooper Blooper
93. johno1995
94. Pikablu Pikachu
95. Zhu Qiuo
96. smashingDoug
97. SmilingMad
98. tomvoxx
99. Elite Gaymer
100. The Flying Brick
101. 08skidoosh80
102. Afrodude
103. MooseSmuggler
104. Ryugi
105. LunarDistortion
106. Jave
107. Bradley Wartooth
108. johno1995
109. splat
110. Lizardon
111. KankerSore
112. Fire Tactician
113. Kokopops
114. BanjoK&Mariobros
115. Spinosaurus
116. Zzuxon
117. T-Hell
118. Dragoncharystary
119. shrooby
120. Koji Boon
121. GlitchyFireEmblem
122. jaeohjae
123. SpikedShell

Add me too. I knew that Bowser Jr. was going to be playable ever since he was teased in the Mega Man trailer! Plus, I've always wanted him in Smash.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I will say, I probably will never understand the complaint that you aren't playing as Bowser Jr. The Koopa clown car is an extension of him. Not to mention you will most likely hear his voice and personality.

Really, I don't need him punching and kicking, I'm fine with an awesome and unique move set. <3

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Shulk's official art render matches the CSS leak. Jr.s chances just went from 99% to 99.9.%

Ryan.

Smash Lord
^ It would make sense if Rosalina is a starter.

There's really no questioning if Bowser Jr. is in now.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
well with shulk looking like he was from the leak (sadly) but at least i will get one character i want. so that's good :joyful:. but wolf :(:mad:

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Bowser Jr and Doge confirmed at the same time than Shulk...

Oh and Dark Pit too !

Congrats guys.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Since he's a secret character he probably won't get a trailer anyway, and if he does it'll probably be after we found out about him because the game is out in two weeks.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I think all new characters will get trailer, but unfortunately we will not get to see Jr's before the release.

PlasmaPuffball

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I believe Sakurai has stated that every newcomer gets a trailer, whether they're secret or starter, you just won't get to see the secret character's trailers until after the game is released. Since Rosalina is a starter (she's on the boxart), I'd imagine Jr. is secret. But I was kinda hoping we'd get to see his trailer soon, since Wario hasn't been revealed yet, and I'd think he is still a starter since Brawl, and Jr. and Wario would both be revealed in the same trailer since they both originated from Mario, kinda like how Charizard was revealed in the Greninja trailer.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Jr is the only leak newcomer I'm down for. I'm just hoping the leak's roster wasn't fully unlocked.

But Jr/Koopalings sounds completely baller. Ludwig & Morton ftw

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Yeah, I believe Sakurai has stated that every newcomer gets a trailer, whether they're secret or starter, you just won't get to see the secret character's trailers until after the game is released. Since Rosalina is a starter (she's on the boxart), I'd imagine Jr. is secret. But I was kinda hoping we'd get to see his trailer soon, since Wario hasn't been revealed yet, and I'd think he is still a starter since Brawl, and Jr. and Wario would both be revealed in the same trailer since they both originated from Mario, kinda like how Charizard was revealed in the Greninja trailer.
Actually the starting roster is already revealed on one of the screens in the Japanese eShop. It's all the site characters minus Lucina.

Wario is a secret character.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Anyway, do you guys think Paper Mario is Bowser Jr.'s stage? Since he appears in Sticker Star?

PlasmaPuffball

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, do you guys think Paper Mario is Bowser Jr.'s stage? Since he appears in Sticker Star?
Probably not, the Paper Mario stage cycles through multiple Paper Mario games and Jr. only appeared in Sticker Star. So it wouldn't make sense to me. I am guessing there's another new Mario stage that is secret or that the New Super Mario Bros. stage is considered his.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The NSMBU stage is probably his stage.

Definitely thought of him when I saw it anyway.
I thought the same thing. Personally, I thought if Rosalina and Luma could have Super Mario Galaxy as a stage, Mushroom Kingdom U just HAD to belong to someone that WASN'T Mario and/or Luigi. I don't know if anyone is going to understand what I'm about to say, so I'll just come out with it. It just felt "too easy" to be their stage. Or even Princess Peach for that matter. The moment that stage was announced, for some reason, (I don't know why) I almost instantly thought it alone meant Jr. may have a chance again.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
So how many people are liking the clown car? I certainly never expected that even if he did turn out to be playable.
I'm very interested by it so far. I see a lot of people complaining that Bowser Jr. should be on his feet instead of in a machine, but it actually makes a lot of sense he uses the Koopa Clown Car. It's not like he has used his paintbrush in any games other than spinoffs.

I just hope the Koopalings aren't alts.

Top Bottom