• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The issue with Ness and Lucas

Granetdud

Smash Cadet
I wonder what Ness's New moveset will be? Maybe he'll actually HAVE moves HE HAD! Yeah, I mean c'mon, the only move of his he ever had was PK Flash.

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Capt. Falcon, myself and many others can attest to the fact that the video was on WII.COM first, which is the official Nintendo site.

Anyway, it won't be PSI Rockin, since you got to name that after whatever was your favorite thing.

Since it's Sakurai making the game, Ness' Final Smash will probably be PK Smash.

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
the video IS REAL. it was on Wii.com untill nintendo took it down. If you go there now you will see an edited version that replaced it. many including myself have seen it on wii.com and that is not contestable at all. Ness is in. AS playable in some form. thats as far as we know.

courte

Smash Lord
I seriously doubt that Ness is in the game. But I hope he's in. He was a great unique character; now lucas has most of his moves.
thats all i really need right there
if the special moves are the same = most of the moves are the same, despite sakurai stating he has his own set of moves

Mac_77

Smash Cadet
I wonder what Ness's New moveset will be? Maybe he'll actually HAVE moves HE HAD! Yeah, I mean c'mon, the only move of his he ever had was PK Flash.
I don't think Ness needs a change in moves, after all, HE is not the clone here, although Ness does not originally have PK Fire or Thunder or PSI Magnet in Earthbound, like it or not those moves made Ness what he is and sets him apart from the other characters in Smash Bros., and besides what else does he have that is useful? Paralysis? and Hypnosis? Sorry I'd rather have Fire and Thunder over those... and Teleport will be his entrance like in the N64 Smash...

and PK Rockin' will be his FS, no doubt...

EPX2

Smash Ace
keep in mind that its a youtube video and could have been edited, so until i see the video from its original source i stay skeptical.
http://wii.com/jp/movies/smashbros-movie1

Pause and skip to 4:20 and 4:21. Nintendo edited the video so that it's impossible to see the icons while actually watching it, but they left in the initial frames.

And I don't see why new moves for Ness are necessary. Sakurai never said Brawl wouldn't have clones/semi-clones, after all.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
And who said Lucas and Ness can't coexist?

Hell, I'm hoping that Ninten and Ness both come to Brawl.

And who said Ness can only learn PSI attacks? Why can't Ness borrow Jeff's bottle rockets or other contraptions for some use. If Lucas can use a Grapple Snake for recovery, I'm sure Ness can use some of Jeff's wacky inventions.

Lucas_User

Smash Journeyman
It would be great to see Ness with a different moveset, but it probably wont happen.

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Ness is going to have the same moves. Why else would Lucas' moves work so differently?

(PK Freeze being a thousand times faster, fire hitting only once, etc)

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
I hope Ness plays more like his SSB64 self, and that they either speed up PK Flash 10 times, or replace it.

I'd find it hilarious if it actually turned out to be Ninten because Ness looks almost EXACTLY like Ninten.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Guys, Lucas has completely different A moves than Ness except for a few that have a similar flavor (neutral aerial and forward smash). So the only thing they will have similar to each other are B moves, and even then Ness might have some new ones.

Ness and Lucas are already more different from each other than Mario and Luigi were in Melee, why dont people see this?

hyperiondragon

Smash Rookie
Luigi is taller and thinner than Mario...(appearance-wise) lol, so that helps in making them anticlones. Possibly because Lucas is almost-- but not the same-- in appearance to Ness is reason why some may consider them clones when they are in fact different as Mario is to Luigi.

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
Luigi is taller and thinner than Mario...(appearance-wise) lol, so that helps in making them anticlones. Possibly because Lucas is almost-- but not the same-- in appearance to Ness is reason why some may consider them clones when they are in fact different as Mario is to Luigi.
aperance has nothing to do with being a clone I mean pichu and pike were diffrent like that too but that did'nt make em any less of a clone,but yes I mean if you saw ness' update it should be obvious that lucas is an even better luigification than luigi himself lol:laugh:

Top Bottom