• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Interview Topic - #5 NinjaLink (Interview Up!)

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Any rivalries (Friendly or not) with other players you think might be fun to tell us about?

Currently, what is your favorite match-up to play and why?

auroreon

Smash Ace
Sorry if anyone has asked this already...

Who would you say are the most challenging characters to play as and why?
What characters do you think are the most unique in terms of moveset?

Those could be the same question so feel free to combine them as such.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Why are your fingernails so long?
I have long finger nails :0
I never chew them, and cbf clipping them all the time.

NinjaLink we should party at Genesis.
That wasn't even a question.

What are your predictions for this game both in the short term and long term?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Which characters do you think still have much untapped potential and are worth exploring further?

Prawn

Smash Master
Yeah! Go ally!
Alright this bandwagon **** needs to stop.

Seriously he's a great player but just because he won one match doesn't mean he needs you all to be on his tip. He's a top player but just stop cheering for him please, it's really embarrassing. This is a topic about interviewing NinjaLink, either ask a question or get the **** out. Sorry for the rant I've just been seeing more of this around the boards lately and it makes me angry.

The Sìrén

Smash Cadet
What are your plans for the future?

What are you thinking mentally when you enter a high-level tournament? (For example, are you usually confident, boastful, easy-going? OR more modest, quiet, and composed?)

Who do you consider the current top 5 players in the U.S.? and why?

Will you ever admit to maining Diddy Kong?

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
How did your interest in Smash first start?

Do you feel as if you perform better playing multiple characters or is it more for the fun of the game?

After Dojo's story about how he got his name, I have to ask you how you got yours. Be creative. :]

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
Who is the hardest character for you to fight? Any character you don't have a good cp to? Besides captain falcon cuz he has no bad match ups obviously

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
(not sure if this has been posted yet of not but)
Why do you have no main?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Are you playing other fighting games, or games in general besides Smash? If yes, are you playing these games competitively (if applicable)?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Are you ever going to travel overseas in the future?
(Not necessarily for a smash related venture - just as a Holiday)

Smash Journeyman
Why won't you just pick a main and stick with it?

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
If you could only play with up to 3 characters in a tourney, which characters would you choose?

gallax

Smash Hero
ever since you came to the pika threads and the pika group ive seen you use pika in tournies. do you think pika is an underrated character in brawl or that using pika at a high level takes skill or both?

out of diddy kong, rob, pit, and pika, name your favorites from most to least.

if MK was banned from tournies how do you think the character rankings would change? how do you think your national level ranking would change?

do you favor the banning of MK? if so why?

if i am at that point in my smash career where im placing top 9 consistently but never winning, what would your advice be to get me over my block in the road and to start winning tournaments?

where did the name ninjalink come from? if its because you used to play link and you thought he looks like a ninja im gonna be disappointed.

between you and adhd, what makes your diddy better than his at times?

who is the hardest character for you to fight?

how long have you been playing smash?

giants or jets? mets or yankees?

RATED

Smash Lord
DON'T GO THERE, BRO

I too have long fingernails, it isn't a hygiene malfunction, it's a lifestyle.
share some nails to me! LOL I don't have in my foot! ( for real!) XD jajajajaja,

now seriously to the questions:

I heard that u like mudkipz, that's true?

how did u feel when u beated M2k?

why u don't use ur snake at tourneys? ( I saw NL's snake on utube and is pretty good)

-----

please next Ally if it is posible.

Binx

Smash Master
Do you feel that having so many mains gives you an advantage in match up experience? or do you think that keeping one main and practicing each match up as them is a better way to understand your opponent's options?

tuestresfat

Smash Apprentice
When you found out Roy was to be discontinued in the release of Brawl, how upset were you on a scale of 1-10? 1 being not at all affected, 10 being on the verge of committing suicide.

Did you plan on having random as your main in brawl? Was it something you worked towards achieving or did it just kinda fit in as you played?

In your honest opinion, will D1's marth ever beat you? The key word here is "ever".

You uploaded a few videos of brawl+, did you prefer it over brawl? Are you gonna continue playing brawl+ or was it just something you did out of curiosity?

At tournaments, how much do you try to counterpick bad matchups against your opponent and how much is it "i'm gonna use gannon/bowser/ike/etc cuz i feel like it at the moment"?

Were you upset you weren't the one to discover pikachu's new CG? You seem to be using him more often than you have before. Was it due to the discovery of his new CG that sparked your interest?

You claim to main random. Yet I have never seen you use MK. Why is this? Does this have to do with your opinion on MK banning? Speaking of high tiers, there aren't exactly a lot of videos of you using characters like snake or dedede and most of them date back to 5-8 months ago. Is it because they're high tiers, enough people already use them and you want to be unique? Or do you think they're overpowered?

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Why are you named "NinjaLink" when you don't really use him? How did that come about. (In tournaments, I've seen a few friendlies)

Who is your favorite character in Smash? (AKA your a fan of _______ Not because he most fun to play or best but because he/she/it is awesome to you.)

goodkid

Smash Lord
How much dedication and practice did it take to get where you are now?

Tell us about your 1st tourney experience(if you remember), then winning your 1st tournament, any other memorable experiences and the present.

Any future goals inside/outside the smash community?

How much money have you made playing this game(including travel, entry, food)?

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
which character do you think is the most underestimated character in brawl and Why? who do you think is the most overratted and why?

that, and plz play the sawnik more. steak.

Trela

Smash Lord
Ah, NL. <3

• How does it feel to be the most Technical player?
  • Do you feel underrated in the Community or overrated?
  • What is your favorite type of music? You seem to like different kinds xD

Well, that's all I can think of-

WAIT.

• Can you main Lucario for me?

=Trela=

sai_:)

Smash Ace
ummm wow a free question for Ninja Link.
in theory to become a pro u have to go around in your region and win alot of tournaments (to put it really bluntly) well here's my problem. I'm doing great in my tourneys like I'm placing in the top 4 or 5 often .but I never win. and the person that does win...is always a pro. the tournament i just did i got 4th because 3 pros came and got 1st 2nd and 3rd. with that said doesn't it mean that to become a pro u have to be able to defeat a pro? im not having a problem with many amaetur players(except for steel samurai who spends time playing with the same group of pros who put me in 2nd place) anymore around my city or even my state really. but i cant beat the **** pros for obvious reasons...where should i go from here? i learn and enforce every **** technique with diddy i can but i never get the 1st place.

to sum it up to u...how do u become a pro (sorry for the ramblez)

Top Bottom