• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ike Profiles Thread - Post Your Profile!

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Nice read Somebody! Metroid might want you to post more on these boards before he puts up your profile... so yea get active! XD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
TheeBoredOne
Brawl Tournament/Casual Player
Plano/Austin, Texas
Catch Phrase: "Geez, you sure are an ugly fellow. How's it been eh?" Ok I don't even say that.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Too ****ing good.

Btw I found a typo in your epic profile.

"...aiding Batman in his quest to cleanse Gotha'n',"

Yes... I'm a grammar nazi. XP

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Too ****ing good.

Btw I found a typo in your epic profile.

"...aiding Batman in his quest to cleanse Gotha'n',"

Yes... I'm a grammar nazi. XP
Thanks for the heads up. I actually had to retype it, cause I made an initial error and didn't bother saving it as a photoshop file.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
when i was scrolling up from the bottom of the page
i thought that dude with the guitar was slaps lmao

i was "WTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTF HAPPENED"

but it wasnt him :p

edit: nice pic bored :o

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Very nice profile. I found another typo, in case you care. "Often mistaken for being high."

Anyway. My profile should be up sometime this week. I'll finally have a day or two to myself soon.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Very nice profile. I found another typo, in case you care. "Often mistaken for being high."

Anyway. My profile should be up sometime this week. I'll finally have a day or two to myself soon.
Meh, I ain't fixing that. I didn't bother saving it again, so I dun feel like retyping it.

metroid1117

Smash Master
TheeBoredOne
Brawl Tournament/Casual Player
Plano/Austin, Texas
Catch Phrase: "Geez, you sure are an ugly fellow. How's it been eh?" Ok I don't even say that.

Wow, could you have made your profile any longer :dizzy:?

By the way, there's another typo; in the last sentence of your "Brawl" paragraph on the second page, it should be "Often mistaken for being high," not "mistake."

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Pay attention, son. I already pointed it out and he said he doesn't feel like going through the trouble of fixing it again.

Anyway, Metroid, you aren't putting these in any particular order in the OP, are you?

benaji261!

Smash Ace
lol leave Bored alone... he's already said he won't mess with it anymore... unless he feels like it? XD

I think it's better than all ours even with typoes. XP

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Anyway, Metroid, you aren't putting these in any particular order in the OP, are you?
First come, first serve is how it's worked out so far. Most other classification arrangements might be offensive to some (although I wouldn't say we're very high strung around here)... this way we just know who's lazy and who isn't.

:034:

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Hmmm. I'm not sure about how to change the issue of all profiles on front page. But I think perhaps we could order the profiles by geographical region... or alphabetical order... or something. So it's not just thrown together unorganized.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
What do you mean by all on the front page? We can't hide any of them deeper in the thread and there's not really anywhere else to put them.

Like I said there's already an order to it: procrastination level :bee: But I guess alphabetical order would be best if we want to rearrange them because it doesn't bring up the problem of "so my country comes after yours does it?" Not that I would have a problem with that but you never know who might.

I vote alphabetical.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
What do you mean by all on the front page? We can't hide any of them deeper in the thread and there's not really anywhere else to put them.

Like I said there's already an order to it: procrastination level :bee: But I guess alphabetical order would be best if we want to rearrange them because it doesn't bring up the problem of "so my country comes after yours does it?" Not that I would have a problem with that but you never know who might.

I vote alphabetical.

What I mean is the fact that Metroid has them all on the first post, I find it annoying to constantly scroll down. Even if I know it's in ABC Order or Regional Order, it's a lot of scrolling to do. If there was some way to make it more organized by making it shorter, then it'd be more user friendly. A perfect example would be to not have post any pictures, but just the link to them.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah that's a good idea. Especially where Kirk has three fairly large pictures, lol. Although yours is technically one big picture Bored, so we'd have to either link your whole profile or you'd be the only one with a picture shown in the thread.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Or at least resize the images to be smaller and consistent with all the other images.

As for order, I say go alphabetically, that way any stalker that's looking for an Ike player just has to scroll down, but then again that's what ctrl+f is for.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I personally love scrolling down. Idea:

first link: Link to all profiles in one post

then just list individual profile links by region. (i like that better too)

metroid1117

Smash Master
I personally love scrolling down. Idea:

first link: Link to all profiles in one post

then just list individual profile links by region. (i like that better too)
That's a good idea... you mean provide a link to the profile's post, right?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Teh Brettster
Tournament Player/ Sexypants Ike
Southwest Region

PIC 1: Showing off my girlfriend.
-------------------
PIC 2: Showing off my Yamaha piano. Picture taken a few years ago-- senior year of high school.
-------------------
PIC 3: Showing off my amazing idea of moving a game of Duck Duck Goose to a round, grassy hill. If ever you have the chance, DO IT. It's hilarious.
-------------------

My name is, if you’re dense enough not to have guessed already, Brett. The tag I use in game is derived from my initials, BLF (Brett Lawrence Farrar). I just added an exclamation mark and question mark because I felt like doing something fun with the two extra spaces. So you’ll probably always see my Ike as BLF!?
I was born 20 July, 1990 at 3:01pm—so right now, as I’m making this profile, I’m 19 years old. I’m white. I’m just shy of 5’8” and about 125 pounds—so I’m not a really big guy. But there are reasons that girls like me. =D
Speaking of girls. I like them too. My current girlfriend (shown above) kind of tops the list. I won’t give information about her, though, for a few reasons. AKA, don’t worry about it. She’s great and that’s all you need to know about her.

I’m from Carrollton, Texas (suburb of Dallas), and I attend the College of Music at the University of North Texas (UNT) in Denton (about 25 minutes North of Carrollton). It’s nice living close to home—laundry and home-cooked meal almost whenever I want it. =D
UNT has one of the most recognized schools in the United States for musical studies. I’m actually getting a degree as a Bachelor of Arts in music, as opposed to a Bachelor of Music in any specific musical field (performance, composition, education, theory, etc.), although I’ve bounced around each idea several times. Since I’ve had time to think about possible career paths, I’ve just about settled on the idea of piano technology (AKA tuning and on-the-spot repair). The profession isn’t exactly growing, so I (hopefully) may not have a hard time beating competition to some customers, and if I CAN acquire a big enough customer base, it could prove to be a decently profitable career (I know a guy who makes 6 figures comfortably). Not to mention the fact that I’ve always been fascinated by the inside of a piano, and to work with it and solve all its puzzles for a living would be really cool, to say the least.

Why Ike? Why not? He has a big sword and blue hair. And he’s strong. I like strong men. What? I just fell in love with the character before I knew anything about competitive play—THEN I got to competitive play and learned that he was not that great a character. I decided I loved Ike as much as I loved competitive play, though, so I stuck with him and decided to get good. Now I’m, albeit not one of the VERY BEST, a good, known, and respected Ike.

Random fact? Sure. My blood hyper-absorbs iron (normal iron saturation is about 25-35%-- mine is an abnormal 55%). My level of stored iron itself is not dangerously high, but to avoid it (hemachromatosis), I have been advised to donate whenever I find the opportunity. Otherwise, I will get arthritis and have kidney/liver/heart failure. YAY! (It’s really not as big a deal as it sounds since we caught it before it ever became a problem. It just sounds cool to explain the potential danger.)

Well. I think I’ve rambled on about nothing for long enough. And I’m bored and tired again. Peaces.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Teh Brettster
Tournament Player/ Sexypants Ike
Southwest Region

PIC 1: Showing off my girlfriend.
-------------------
PIC 2: Showing off my Yamaha piano. Picture taken a few years ago-- senior year of high school.
-------------------
PIC 3: Showing off my amazing idea of moving a game of Duck Duck Goose to a round, grassy hill. If ever you have the chance, DO IT. It's hilarious.
-------------------

My name is, if you’re dense enough not to have guessed already, Brett. The tag I use in game is derived from my initials, BLF (Brett Lawrence Farrar). I just added an exclamation mark and question mark because I felt like doing something fun with the two extra spaces. So you’ll probably always see my Ike as BLF!?
I was born 20 July, 1990 at 3:01pm—so right now, as I’m making this profile, I’m 19 years old. I’m white. I’m just shy of 5’8” and about 125 pounds—so I’m not a really big guy. But there are reasons that girls like me. =D
Speaking of girls. I like them too. My current girlfriend (shown above) kind of tops the list. I won’t give information about her, though, for a few reasons. AKA, don’t worry about it. She’s great and that’s all you need to know about her.

I’m from Carrollton, Texas (suburb of Dallas), and I attend the College of Music at the University of North Texas (UNT) in Denton (about 25 minutes North of Carrollton). It’s nice living close to home—laundry and home-cooked meal almost whenever I want it. =D
UNT has one of the most recognized schools in the United States for musical studies. I’m actually getting a degree as a Bachelor of Arts in music, as opposed to a Bachelor of Music in any specific musical field (performance, composition, education, theory, etc.), although I’ve bounced around each idea several times. Since I’ve had time to think about possible career paths, I’ve just about settled on the idea of piano technology (AKA tuning and on-the-spot repair). The profession isn’t exactly growing, so I (hopefully) may not have a hard time beating competition to some customers, and if I CAN acquire a big enough customer base, it could prove to be a decently profitable career (I know a guy who makes 6 figures comfortably). Not to mention the fact that I’ve always been fascinated by the inside of a piano, and to work with it and solve all its puzzles for a living would be really cool, to say the least.

Why Ike? Why not? He has a big sword and blue hair. And he’s strong. I like strong men. What? I just fell in love with the character before I knew anything about competitive play—THEN I got to competitive play and learned that he was not that great a character. I decided I loved Ike as much as I loved competitive play, though, so I stuck with him and decided to get good. Now I’m, albeit not one of the VERY BEST, a good, known, and respected Ike.

Random fact? Sure. My blood hyper-absorbs iron (normal iron saturation is about 25-35%-- mine is an abnormal 55%). My level of stored iron itself is not dangerously high, but to avoid it (hemachromatosis), I have been advised to donate whenever I find the opportunity. Otherwise, I will get arthritis and have kidney/liver/heart failure. YAY! (It’s really not as big a deal as it sounds since we caught it before it ever became a problem. It just sounds cool to explain the potential danger.)

Well. I think I’ve rambled on about nothing for long enough. And I’m bored and tired again. Peaces.
Sexy piano. I want it. D:

Somebody Else

Smash Apprentice
Plz don't quote huge posts that are right above yours >_<

Indeed, nice piano. Yay for musicians :D although I'm not exactly trained in any way, I'm completely self-taught, so I know absolutely nothing about musical theory. And I'm keeping it that way :p

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman

lolol you haz teh cute gf lul...

actually I'm pretty sure this is photo-shopped and not real. videos or it never happened.

So you’ll probably always see my Ike losing to a sonic!
fixed

I’m white.
True story

But there are reasons that girls like me. =D
money talks

Speaking of girls. I like them too.

in addition to...?

I like strong men.
^^answer to previously stated question^^

Otherwise, I will get arthritis, become Tony Starks, and shoot proton cannons. YAY!
once again, fixed

I’m bored
But i thought you were Brett? tag switch?:confused:

B-
I'm disappointed Brett. see me after class.

(haha, Brett knows I kid)

metroid1117

Smash Master
Okay, we seriously have to decide on a way to reformat the original post. My idea is to have the person's name and then link the post in which they posted their profile to their name. Ussi's idea is to link the person's name to their Facebook page. Which one of those ideas is most appealing to you guys, if there is no other idea?

By the way, if anyone knows how to hide text (as in, click on the name and then have the text appear), it would be pretty sweet if we could do it like that.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Okay, we seriously have to decide on a way to reformat the original post. My idea is to have the person's name and then link the post in which they posted their profile to their name. Ussi's idea is to link the person's name to their Facebook page. Which one of those ideas is most appealing to you guys, if there is no other idea?

By the way, if anyone knows how to hide text (as in, click on the name and then have the text appear), it would be pretty sweet if we could do it like that.
You took that seriously? read the edit on that post to fix that :S

I don't want any stalkers finding me on there *shifty eyes*

benaji261!

Smash Ace

This... without the FB thing. Twas a joke Metroid. lol

Top Bottom